Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Realignment Numbers
I Rule The World Wrote:Leslie is in a district with Betsy Lane, Shelby Valley and P-burg. The travel isn't to bad. Takes about an hour 15 to P-burg, hour 20 to BL and the same to Shelby Valley but they go through Whitesburg. A lot faster..

I'm sure this scenario would be a welcome change for Middlesboro than haveing to drive to Danville, Lexington..

Middlesboro could also very we'll be put in 1a and be in a district with Pineville, Harlan, Hazard... Who knows...

According to the enrollment numbers, Middlesboro would be like the fifth smallest 2-A. Middlesboro is like 15 boys over the 1-A cutoff.

Do NOT see them in 1-A or being allowed to drop to 1-A for travel purposes. You can request to play UP for travel purposes, but not down.

Plus, it looks bad for a school which should be in a bigger class to win a smaller class title. It's OK for a small school to win a bigger class (Highlands playing up and winning, for example).
Where did these numbers come from? I know one schools are totally wrong....wondering if the rest are.
Brother Xavier Wrote:Where did these numbers come from? I know one schools are totally wrong....wondering if the rest are.

These numbers are the average of the boys enrollment of each football playing school from 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 which is what the KHSAA will use to realign.

Please, if one is wrong, speak out and tell us who it is.....

Then, ill check the numbers and see...

Here is 2012/2013 school year http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments/201...enroll.pdf

Here is 2013/2014 school year http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments/201...enroll.pdf

Take the average of both and see what school you are talking about should be. As I said before, this is what the KHSAA will use...
Brother Xavier Wrote:Where did these numbers come from? I know one schools are totally wrong....wondering if the rest are.

Which school would that be.?
Buc-a-roo Wrote:No, they aren't.

Just for future reference, any time a team is allowed to "play up" that means another team will then be allowed to "play down". If you slide one team up, that means somebody with the lowest numbers in that class will be slid down.

I thought by now you and HDE would have posted on that, but it just blew by.
2a needs more teams from the east. In 1a, they have too many. With Pikeville being at the top of 1a, I could see them playing up to 2a. With NKy 1a having 5 teams in its 1a district, adding BBrossart and Beechwood also being one of the larger 1a teams, I could see Beechwood trying to move up to 2a, as well.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:2a needs more teams from the east. In 1a, they have too many. With Pikeville being at the top of 1a, I could see them playing up to 2a. With NKy 1a having 5 teams in its 1a district, adding BBrossart and Beechwood also being one of the larger 1a teams, I could see Beechwood trying to move up to 2a, as well.

Each class is lopsided to one direction or another it seems. 3A or 4A may be the only hope of even geography.
Lets just hope they work really hard to get everything right this time.Wherever you fall that is where that is where you should play.Knowing them though they will let teams move up classes just to satisfy a few teams.Now days travel time and expense should have a lot to do with the decision making on at least District games.
Problem is, with consolidation rates, 1A schools are becoming more and more spread out, especially in rural areas. Raceland and Fairview are about 15 mi apart, but both are atleast and hour away from the others in their district. Its been this way for some time now though. Looking at things how they are, it seems things will play out the way many expect. I dont see Beechwood playing up. I think they stay where they are
pikeville will not play up
BFritz Wrote:I'll be absolutely pissed if CovCath and Highlands aren't in the same class anymore.

The best rivalry in Kentucky broken apart? That would be stupid.

They'd probably still play, but it wouldn't have the same air about the game, not to mention they wouldn't get to play twice.

im with you, it makes me sick to think that is actually going to happen. Its the best rivalry in NKY, probably 2 or 3 in Kentucky. The worst part for the colonels is I feel like cov cath's chance to move the rivalry back in their direction a little bit is coming up. To be honest they have been making the games interesting the past couple years besides the record. KHSAA should take long time rivalries into account for this realignment stuff.

Plus I thought that CC and H always had like the exact same no. of boys? CC enrollment get a boost?
Will the KHSAA allow you to play up? They use to, but the last alignment didn't allow it to happen.
redstorm Wrote:Will the KHSAA allow you to play up? They use to, but the last alignment didn't allow it to happen.

Not unless its for extreme geographic differences.
Take Letcher for example.
They played up which made sense, but with the numbers for this time, I think there forced to stay in 4A.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not unless its for extreme geographic differences.
Take Letcher for example.
They played up which made sense, but with the numbers for this time, I think there forced to stay in 4A.

Gut i've thought on this, with Perry falling into 4A numbers as well, do you think they make both schools play down and move them into the Knox/Rock district or Johnson Central's? Losing 2 teams out of our 5A district what do they do? Move North and South Laurel into D8? Or (hopefully) let us play up in 5A?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Gut i've thought on this, with Perry falling into 4A numbers as well, do you think they make both schools play down and move them into the Knox/Rock district or Johnson Central's? Losing 2 teams out of our 5A district what do they do? Move North and South Laurel into D8? Or (hopefully) let us play up in 5A?

I think Perry and Letcher move into a district with Knox and Clay. I don't see how they could be allowed to play up when it makes geographical sense now to actually fill out the districts.
I think the 5A districts and 8 become 4 team districts, and like you said, North and South will join Whitley and Harlan. Anything is possible, but that's how I see it happening if the KHSAA stays strict on the no playing up thing.
We are now in the 21st, when is Julian Tackett going to come out with new alignment?
^
I don't think anything will happen until February.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Perry and Letcher move into a district with Knox and Clay. I don't see how they could be allowed to play up when it makes geographical sense now to actually fill out the districts.
I think the 5A districts and 8 become 4 team districts, and like you said, North and South will join Whitley and Harlan. Anything is possible, but that's how I see it happening if the KHSAA stays strict on the no playing up thing.

So 5A D8 would be....

Whitley
Harlan
North Laurel
South Laurel

D7
Pulaski
SW
Lincoln
Madison Southern

and 4A D6
Knox
Clay
Rock
Perry
Letcher
Russell

I'm thinking with that alignment they move Russell out west somewhere, but i'm really unsure. That possible 4A district looks very competitive though.
Rock is 3A

And russell will go west with wayne, Taylor, Marion, mercer. In all likelihood.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:So 5A D8 would be....

Whitley
Harlan
North Laurel
South Laurel

D7
Pulaski
SW
Lincoln
Madison Southern

and 4A D6
Knox
Clay
Rock
Perry
Letcher
Russell

I'm thinking with that alignment they move Russell out west somewhere, but i'm really unsure. That possible 4A district looks very competitive though.

Yea, that's what im thinking.
I wouldn't be surprised if Russell ends up in a different 4A district.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Rock is 3A

And russell will go west with wayne, Taylor, Marion, mercer. In all likelihood.

Are you talking about Russell County or Russell Independent?

Independent is projected to be 3-A.
County is projected to be FOUR-A.

County would most likely be with Franklin-Simpson and Allen County-Scottsville and Warren Central and Warren East, since those five schools (AC-S, F-S, RC, WE, WC) are region (4th) rivals in basketball, baseball-softball and volleyball. Why would Russell COUNTY go anywhere else?

And I do not see Russell High/Independent going to Taylor/Marion district in 3-A.

That 3-A district is looking like John Hardin/Nelson County/Marion County/Taylor County. All four are 5th Region rivals in basketball, baseball-softball, soccer and volleyball. Putting Russell Independent with them makes ZERO sense geographically.
Russell county is currently in a 4a district with Knox, rock, and clay.

Most of the projected breakdowns had the 4a districts the way I listed them.

Russell independent is in 3a and wasn't mentioned in the posts above.
This new alignment could make it very interesting.
I guess since they are taking the last 4 years average all these numbers and projections are in the garbage.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Russell county is currently in a 4a district with Knox, rock, and clay.

Most of the projected breakdowns had the 4a districts the way I listed them.

Russell independent is in 3a and wasn't mentioned in the posts above.

When you just say Russell it implies Russell independent.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: JANUARY 27, 2014

During its January meeting at the KHSAA Office on Monday, the Board of Control discussed at length football realignment for the 2015-18 seasons. The Board examined several options for establishing future classifications before approving a measure to use four-year enrollment averages to determine the 2015-18 alignment.

The Board also approved a motion to allow teams to voluntarily play into a higher class, with the only restriction being that the school in question shall remain in the class for the entire four-year period. All requests must be made prior to the set deadline before district boundaries are established. If a team from one classification elects to play into a higher class, the lowest enrollment average school in the higher class will be given an option to move into the lower class, with every attempt being made to ensure a balance in the number of teams in classes 2A through 5A.

The ranking of schools by four-year enrollment averages will be released to the schools by the end of the week. A deadline will be established towards the end of February for schools to declare their intention to play into a higher class. The KHSAA staff will then work to shift schools as needed per the motion, and present a first draft of the 2015-18 alignment to the Board of Control at its April meeting
kyrj Wrote:FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: JANUARY 27, 2014

During its January meeting at the KHSAA Office on Monday, the Board of Control discussed at length football realignment for the 2015-18 seasons. The Board examined several options for establishing future classifications before approving a measure to use four-year enrollment averages to determine the 2015-18 alignment.

The Board also approved a motion to allow teams to voluntarily play into a higher class, with the only restriction being that the school in question shall remain in the class for the entire four-year period. All requests must be made prior to the set deadline before district boundaries are established. If a team from one classification elects to play into a higher class, the lowest enrollment average school in the higher class will be given an option to move into the lower class, with every attempt being made to ensure a balance in the number of teams in classes 2A through 5A.

The ranking of schools by four-year enrollment averages will be released to the schools by the end of the week. A deadline will be established towards the end of February for schools to declare their intention to play into a higher class. The KHSAA staff will then work to shift schools as needed per the motion, and present a first draft of the 2015-18 alignment to the Board of Control at its April meeting

So the board will use 2010/11-2013/14?
cksportsfan Wrote:Are you talking about Russell County or Russell Independent?

Independent is projected to be 3-A.
County is projected to be FOUR-A.

County would most likely be with Franklin-Simpson and Allen County-Scottsville and Warren Central and Warren East, since those five schools (AC-S, F-S, RC, WE, WC) are region (4th) rivals in basketball, baseball-softball and volleyball. Why would Russell COUNTY go anywhere else?

And I do not see Russell High/Independent going to Taylor/Marion district in 3-A.

That 3-A district is looking like John Hardin/Nelson County/Marion County/Taylor County. All four are 5th Region rivals in basketball, baseball-softball, soccer and volleyball. Putting Russell Independent with them makes ZERO sense geographically.
. Russell Co has not always been in the 4th region, they were originally in the 12th region in basketball which (with the exception of the time zone) makes more sense. I can't understand how they get sent 2hours to Warren co in any sport for district play. They do not border even one of those counties. JMO
No way Highlands wants to stay in a weak district and have to drive long distance to play teams like Harrison, Mason, and Bourbon, when they can petition to play up in 5A with local and better teams like COV CATH, Cooper, and Conner.
If the KHSAA is going to let schools voluntarily play up, then you might as well let schools voluntarily play down.
It seems a certain few have yanked there chain enough to get it done.

This makes any sort of alignment talk useless until we figure out whos going to play up.
They've changed everything, and I expect nothing less.