•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton to Pikeville College
kmba32 Wrote:Any word on who might take over at Bell?

Wayne Mills is #1 on the list if Dudley for sure does leave.
64black&gold Wrote:Is the reason he might leave the same reason a Emergency Booster club mtg was called a month or so before the season started this year. Is School Admin not supporting football like they used to or what? I mean Seriously.

Someone in the Politics told me he told him at the start of the season this would be his last year at Bell Co.
He is more than welcome at LCC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I just had coffee with Dudley's brother. He told me Dudley will be the head coach at Auburn next season.
He also said that Bell would play Auburn next season on Log Mountain.
First of all I will start off by speaking for many Bell County Fans by saying I would appreciate it if you would shut your mouth up until all of this passes by. I realize your life maybe wrapped around message boards and watching football but to some of us who were past players and big time supporters for years, we dont appreciate your free-lance input about who you are your buddies have heard from. We have kids in the 4th and 5th grade who have spent more time in the Bell Co program than you have, and quite frankly to be as nice I can be we definately dont need you on this message board being the eyes and ears for everybody in the world. Don't get on here and spread your crap that you have heard. I'm not saying coach won't leave and go to Pikeville College, but it isnt gauranteed John Dud is going there. That was just one of his choices. And I dont know why you think Wayne is on the top of the list for coaches to come in and feel his place if he does leave. I mean seriously, I am glad you want to support the Bobcats, but you of all people doesn't need to be the one to come on a message board and spread what you have heard in the boro. It was a tough loss this year to Boyle, our kids and staff are still trying to get over that. And it makes it even tougher thinking that we may be losing the winningst coach and one of the best in the state. So until all this is announced and made public, lets shut our mouths and see how it plays out.
pureathlete Wrote:First of all I will start off by speaking for many Bell County Fans by saying I would appreciate it if you would shut your mouth up until all of this passes by. I realize your life maybe wrapped around message boards and watching football but to some of us who were past players and big time supporters for years, we dont appreciate your free-lance input about who you are your buddies have heard from. We have kids in the 4th and 5th grade who have spent more time in the Bell Co program than you have, and quite frankly to be as nice I can be we definately dont need you on this message board being the eyes and ears for everybody in the world. Don't get on here and spread your crap that you have heard. I'm not saying coach won't leave and go to Pikeville College, but it isnt guaranteed John Dud is going there. That was just one of his choices. And I dont know why you think Wayne is on the top of the list for coaches to come in and feel his place if he does leave. I mean seriously, I am glad you want to support the Bobcats, but you of all people doesn't need to be the one to come on a message board and spread what you have heard in the boro. It was a tough loss this year to Boyle, our kids and staff are still trying to get over that. And it makes it even tougher thinking that we may be losing the winningst coach and one of the best in the state. So until all this is announced and made public, lets shut our mouths and see how it plays out.

It's not guaranteed that even if he does leave that he'll get the job.
pureathlete Wrote:First of all I will start off by speaking for many Bell County Fans by saying I would appreciate it if you would shut your mouth up until all of this passes by. I realize your life maybe wrapped around message boards and watching football but to some of us who were past players and big time supporters for years, we dont appreciate your free-lance input about who you are your buddies have heard from. We have kids in the 4th and 5th grade who have spent more time in the Bell Co program than you have, and quite frankly to be as nice I can be we definately dont need you on this message board being the eyes and ears for everybody in the world. Don't get on here and spread your crap that you have heard. I'm not saying coach won't leave and go to Pikeville College, but it isnt gauranteed John Dud is going there. That was just one of his choices. And I dont know why you think Wayne is on the top of the list for coaches to come in and feel his place if he does leave. I mean seriously, I am glad you want to support the Bobcats, but you of all people doesn't need to be the one to come on a message board and spread what you have heard in the boro. It was a tough loss this year to Boyle, our kids and staff are still trying to get over that. And it makes it even tougher thinking that we may be losing the winningst coach and one of the best in the state. So until all this is announced and made public, lets shut our mouths and see how it plays out.

I disagree. This is what message boards are all about. Sounds like your upset that you may be losing your coach.
Well sure I am. You would be to if your team lost a heartbreaker in the state semi finals and a week later get rumors that your coach maybe leaving. All I ask is that fans who haven't been part of your program long to stay off the message boards declaring they know he is leaving and that they know the front runners for the next coach. I respect the support and the worry from others but at the same time our county who lives for bell county football needs a little of time to regroup. IMO it is easy to tell the true fans because they are the ones keeping quiet and hoping for the best. Not the ones showing how much they hve heard and what their friends tell them.
I can feel the pain that Bell County fans might be feeling. Rockcastle recently lost Tom Larkey, if y'all need a shoulder, I'm here.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I just had coffee with Dudley's brother. He told me Dudley will be the head coach at Auburn next season.

:thatsfunn
He is actually flying out tomorrow to Alabama Monday morning after rabbit hunting tomorrow with his brother. He will be taking over for the National Championship game
heard that pikeville offerd his wife and daughter jobs also it will be a familey affair
LWC Wrote:I can feel the pain that Bell County fans might be feeling. Rockcastle recently lost Tom Larkey, if y'all need a shoulder, I'm here.

PAIN:lmao:
Not surprised at all. Coach Hilton is a excellent coach who has accomplished much for and with Bell. I admire his spirit to move on and take up another challenge if indeed that is what occurs. If he stays, he will most likely round up another title. I wouldn't bet against him no matter where he lands. For the record, I don't blame those in Bell who are upset that this is already out.

As for Coach Mills I'm sure he will get an offer if indeed Coach Hilton departs. He has proven himself and is an exceptional football coach who leads players to be better men on and off the field. As bad as it pains me to say it, Bell is a football town and Knox is still a basketball town. He could be lured away. But I don't think he will and I pray he don't.
I'm sure mr. Headline news '09 will have us an answer shortly. He seems to be the closest to the program. Hilton is a GREAT HS coach, but I don't think he would make it in college ball. He needs to stay at Bell and complete his task, to quote " coach his coaches".
pureathlete Wrote:First of all I will start off by speaking for many Bell County Fans by saying I would appreciate it if you would shut your mouth up until all of this passes by. I realize your life maybe wrapped around message boards and watching football but to some of us who were past players and big time supporters for years, we dont appreciate your free-lance input about who you are your buddies have heard from. We have kids in the 4th and 5th grade who have spent more time in the Bell Co program than you have, and quite frankly to be as nice I can be we definately dont need you on this message board being the eyes and ears for everybody in the world. Don't get on here and spread your crap that you have heard. I'm not saying coach won't leave and go to Pikeville College, but it isnt gauranteed John Dud is going there. That was just one of his choices. And I dont know why you think Wayne is on the top of the list for coaches to come in and feel his place if he does leave. I mean seriously, I am glad you want to support the Bobcats, but you of all people doesn't need to be the one to come on a message board and spread what you have heard in the boro. It was a tough loss this year to Boyle, our kids and staff are still trying to get over that. And it makes it even tougher thinking that we may be losing the winningst coach and one of the best in the state. So until all this is announced and made public, lets shut our mouths and see how it plays out.

I agree with you 100 percent. It is unfair to all involved to spread rumors you think you heard. It is also unfair to Coach Mills to spread rumors. I think 09 is not as close to the program as he thinks???? So far very few of his predictions have came true.
Don't believe everything you see and most you hear.................
kmba32 Wrote:Any word on who might take over at Bell?

I heard that Dudley's hand picked successor is Lane Kiffin.
isnt this board for rumors and such,smack talk,bragging,etc?
big blu 2 u Wrote:isnt this board for rumors and such,smack talk,bragging,etc?

Yes it is, and in this case, fact as well!
If all things were perfect - all discussions about coaching changes would be held behind closed doors and only announced publically when everyone impacted could be contacted personally to lessen the blow of any change.

But that is just not the real world. Especially, in the light of the internet age. It does not take ESP to figure Coach Hilton's son graduating would provide a big door for any program to offer the best coach in KY a shot to handle a different set of challenges.

As for Coach Mills - he has to decide what is best for him and his family. I hope that means staying here but in my own life I have left good companies to go to better companies several times. So I will hold nothing against him whatever he does.
I would be shocked if Coach Hilton leaves, there is a little bit of a power struggle going on and Coach Hilton is just playing his cards.......at least in my opinion. He is a heck of a high school coach and I can surely understand others coming after him, although I can't see Pikeville offering enough money to get him and his entourage to leave.
Not sure he's elgible for retirement. But if he is, drawing his retirement plus a smaller salary (w/benefits?) from a private school like Pikeville would be a good deal, IF that's what he wants to do. Just depends if he's up for a challenge.
mandan Wrote:Not sure he's elgible for retirement. But if he is, drawing his retirement plus a smaller salary (w/benefits?) from a private school like Pikeville would be a good deal, IF that's what he wants to do. Just depends if he's up for a challenge.

Not certain but I am pretty sure he is already retired..............
Would he be the Head Coach?
cougarpride08 Wrote:He is more than welcome at LCC.

I am sure that you are not the only one that feels the same way. And you never know what might happen with the right amount of money.
kentuckynole Wrote:And you never know what might happen with the right amount of money.

Just for the record Pikeville is not the only place he is RUMORED to be heading...:yikes:

There have been rumors floating around for months...How it just now made it to this board is really hard to believe.
cougarpride08 Wrote:He is more than welcome at LCC.

Are you saying you guys are not happy with Whitaker...:biggrin:
I think just the fact Bell will play Corbin next 4 years will keep him at Bell.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I heard that Dudley's hand picked successor is Lane Kiffin.

Lane Kiffin isn't qualified to coach Bell County's peewee program. He is the Paris Hilton of football, not the Dudley Hilton of football. Famous for doing nothing but acting like a fool.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next