•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2011
Landser, Amer. Wrote:I would also like to see KP be able to play only one way but under the circumstances, I don't think that will happen. He is a very good football player and a hard worker. I've heard that he is dedicated to continuous improvement. Thus, I think he will play D1 ball somewhere.

In regard to Jared Stevens, who will be a Junior in 2011 He does need to dramatically improve, and I've heard that he is hard at it in the weight room. Realize, he was a sophomore last year, and didn't play any as a freshman. So, I think he will improve, for he is a big, strong young man that wants to play well.

Obviously SC must have a good line so as to have a successful season. I believe that's a fact that all SC fans and boosters would agree upon.

Let's hope and pray that they have no injuries this coming season. Maybe I had better revise the foregoing thought, for I know that with football, injuries can, and do, occur. So let's hope and pray that they can come through with minimal injuries in 2011.

Best of luck, Cards, for a successful season!

I agree with your post, especially about the fact that Sheldon Clark must have a good line. Since I'm an optimist, I expect to see the new guys step up and improve dramatically. If they are dedicated and work hard, many good things can happen.

I hear from a pretty good source that there is a good contingent of guys working extremely hard in the off season, preparing for August.

So, we shall see come August.
The Contrarian Wrote:I agree with your post, especially about the fact that Sheldon Clark must have a good line. Since I'm an optimist, I expect to see the new guys step up and improve dramatically. If they are dedicated and work hard, many good things can happen.

I hear from a pretty good source that there is a good contingent of guys working extremely hard in the off season, preparing for August.

So, we shall see come August.

Yes, Sheldon Clark does need to have a strong line. I've heard that they are working to that end. Let's hope so.

I'm probably a little prejudice regarding Sheldon Clark, since I have a grandson playing for them. Obviously I would like to see them do well.

I hope to see a great group of SC fans at the games in the 2011 season, rooting hard for the Cardinals. Hope to see you there!
Sheldon Clark seems to be a dangerous team every year. I do not look for that to change next year.
Mountain Wrote:Sheldon Clark seems to be a dangerous team every year. I do not look for that to change next year.

I certainly hope that you are correct. They did, however, lose a number of good players, but they have some pretty fair players returning and guys that, we hope, can step up and contribute.
the contrarian Wrote:i certainly hope that you are correct. They did, however, lose a number of good players, but they have some pretty fair players returning and guys that, we hope, can step up and contribute.

i believe this is true but the lineman need to work hard in the weight room or they aint going to be ready for this tougher district.
SCHS#70 Wrote:i believe this is true but the lineman need to work hard in the weight room or they aint going to be ready for this tougher district.

I've heard that they are! I have also heard that they have recruited a few new guys (from within SCHS). Plus, I think, some of the guys that saw little action last season possibly can contribute in 2011.

It definitely will be an interesting season for SC, since their District is a very strong one. We will see as time moves forward.
paulcssi Wrote:i've heard that they are! I have also heard that they have recruited a few new guys (from within schs). Plus, i think, some of the guys that saw little action last season possibly can contribute in 2011.

It definitely will be an interesting season for sc, since their district is a very strong one. We will see as time moves forward.

its hard to say for as the players that didnt play considering the jv never won any games but they also didnt have kp and t.o. And bj and lafferty and chapman so i really hope the team can get the lines stronger so that kp can go for 1500 yards cause we know that coach hager likes to run the ball. Maybe by sayig that coach will decide to let bj throw the ball about 40% of the time cause he has the ablity to scramble out of the pocket when the line doesnt hold up.
SCHS#70 Wrote:its hard to say for as the players that didnt play considering the jv never won any games but they also didnt have kp and t.o. And bj and lafferty and chapman so i really hope the team can get the lines stronger so that kp can go for 1500 yards cause we know that coach hager likes to run the ball. Maybe by sayig that coach will decide to let bj throw the ball about 40% of the time cause he has the ablity to scramble out of the pocket when the line doesnt hold up.

It seems we agree that the line has perform well if SC has a decent season in 2011. If I am thinking correctly, the only returning lineman is Jared Stevens. Of course, Taylor Chapman was primarily a defensive lineman most of last season, but I doubt that he will play in the line this season.

As far as LB's, SC has returning KP, BJ, and Tyler O. However, I've heard (unconfirmed), KP might play another secondary position. Taylor Chapman could very well end up as a LB. Who knows, for the foregoing are just my thoughts, and we all know what that's worth.

There are a couple other guys that could play QB if Coach Hager decides to play BJ in another position, and that is Chase Lafferty or Todd Mathews. And, again, just speculation.

But, you know what, we will have to wait for August to roll around and the team get a couple games under their belts, and then maybe we'll have a much better idea of how 2011 is going to go.
The Contrarian Wrote:It seems we agree that the line has perform well if SC has a decent season in 2011. If I am thinking correctly, the only returning lineman is Jared Stevens. Of course, Taylor Chapman was primarily a defensive lineman most of last season, but I doubt that he will play in the line this season.

As far as LB's, SC has returning KP, BJ, and Tyler O. However, I've heard (unconfirmed), KP might play another secondary position. Taylor Chapman could very well end up as a LB. Who knows, for the foregoing are just my thoughts, and we all know what that's worth.

There are a couple other guys that could play QB if Coach Hager decides to play BJ in another position, and that is Chase Lafferty or Todd Mathews. And, again, just speculation.

But, you know what, we will have to wait for August to roll around and the team get a couple games under their belts, and then maybe we'll have a much better idea of how 2011 is going to go.

You are absolutely correct in your statement, "we will have to wait for August to roll around and the team get a couple games under their belts, and then we'll have a much better idea of how 2011 is going to go."

Forecasting and speculating is a lot of fun and it gives us something to do off season, but what the guys do when they get on the field come August is going to tell the story.
I have just, this morning, noticed a much more explicit video of KP Skyles' 2010 highlights. In MO it is far better than the first one for 2010.

It can be found here:

I have heard he has gotten stronger, and has also added a few pounds. The question now? Has he retained his speed, or increased it a little? Does anyone know?
paulcssi Wrote:I have just, this morning, noticed a much more explicit video of KP Skyles' 2010 highlights. In MO it is far better than the first one for 2010.

It can be found here:

I have heard he has gotten stronger, and has also added a few pounds. The question now? Has he retained his speed, or increased it a little? Does anyone know?

A SC coach stated to me, Skyles is pound for pound the strongest player in school history. The kid is always in the weight room or on the field. To answer your question Skyles is at 190lbs., 5'8" and still has his speed running the 40 in the high 4.3s to low 4.4s, 20 yard shuttle in 4.10,benching 385 lbs. but more so repping 185 lbs, an impressive 32 times, squats 450lbs. ,hang cleans 250 lbs., and dead lifts 475lbs. Several d-1 schools have been in touch with Coach Hager.
Sheldon Clark 2011

Aug 20, 11 Rockcastle County at Harrison County

5:45 PM Thorobred Bowl
Aug 26, 11 Prestonsburg home

7:30 PM
Sep 2, 11 Frankfort away

8:00 PM
Sep 9, 11 Pikeville away

Sep 16, 11 Perry County Central home

Sep 23, 11 Belfry away

Sep 30, 11 Lawrence County away

Oct 7, 11 East Ridge home

Oct 14, 11 Pike County Central home

Oct 28, 11 Hazard home

[URL="http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb11/35197"]Sheldon Clark 2011 Football
[/URL]
It appears to be a very tough schedule for a team that I've heard has lost a large group of players due to graduation. But everyone faces that cycle; however, some lose many more than others.

Anyone like to make a prediction on Sheldon Clark's W/L for 2011?
The Contrarian Wrote:It appears to be a very tough schedule for a team that I've heard has lost a large group of players due to graduation. But everyone faces that cycle; however, some lose many more than others.

Anyone like to make a prediction on Sheldon Clark's W/L for 2011?

ONE THING THAT I SEE THAT IS GOOD IS WE PLAY PERRY COUNTY CENTRAL AT HOME CAUSE LAST TIME WE PLAYED THERE. THEIR FANS CUSED OUR PLAYERS THE HOLE GAME AND THREW PENNYS AND SPIT ON US AND ONE GUY EVEN TRIED TO CLIMB THE FENCE AT US LOL IT WOULDNT HAVE DONE ANY GOOD THE WHOLE FOOTBALL TEAM WOULD HAVE KILLED HIM.:lmao:
Lost a bunch of talent, but should be pretty good with KP skyles in the backfield.
9-point Wrote:lost a bunch of talent, but should be pretty good with kp skyles in the backfield.

kp is a very good player but he cant do anything without a good line to open up holes for him
SCHS#70 Wrote:kp is a very good player but he cant do anything without a good line to open up holes for him

Well said! Yes, KP must have the holes so as to be extremely effective. Last year I saw him stopped many times when he no sooner got the ball until one or more of the opposition was all over him. To KP's credit, many times when he got past the LOS, he got three to five yards after contact. But with good blocking, I think we can expect to see some long gains from this young man in 2011.

But let's not forget that there are some other good players returning, e.g., Taylor Chapman, BJ Jarrell, Tyler O'Connor, Chase Lafferty, and Todd Matthews. Todd is probably one of the more underrated players in the area, IMO.

Of all the young men mentioned above, not one is a lineman (Taylor Chapman played defensive lineman last year but I don't think he will be in the line this season) [I'm speculating]. The only returning lineman I can think of is Jared Stevens (that played regularly). I have heard that he is working very hard to improve; unfortunately I have probably left off someone that did well last season that is returning. If so, I apologize.

Thus I certainly hope the line is a much improved unit in 2011, and SC has a wining season. It would be great if some of the guys that saw very little action last season steps up and becomes contributors. Let's hope some new troops also appear on the scene to help the cause.

Bottom line, we can hope, speculate, and talk about the what ifs, but what occurs on the field come August will tell the true story.

Good Luck, Cards in 2011!
The Contrarian Wrote:Well said! Yes, KP must have the holes so as to be extremely effective. Last year I saw him stopped many times when he no sooner got the ball until one or more of the opposition was all over him. To KP's credit, many times when he got past the LOS, he got three to five yards after contact. But with good blocking, I think we can expect to see some long gains from this young man in 2011.

But let's not forget that there are some other good players returning, e.g., Taylor Chapman, BJ Jarrell, Tyler O'Connor, Chase Lafferty, and Todd Matthews. Todd is probably one of the more underrated players in the area, IMO.

Of all the young men mentioned above, not one is a lineman (Taylor Chapman played defensive lineman last year but I don't think he will be in the line this season) [I'm speculating]. The only returning lineman I can think of is Jared Stevens (that played regularly). I have heard that he is working very hard to improve; unfortunately I have probably left off someone that did well last season that is returning. If so, I apologize.

Thus I certainly hope the line is a much improved unit in 2011, and SC has a wining season. It would be great if some of the guys that saw very little action last season steps up and becomes contributors. Let's hope some new troops also appear on the scene to help the cause.

Bottom line, we can hope, speculate, and talk about the what ifs, but what occurs on the field come August will tell the true story.

Good Luck, Cards in 2011!
well imo taylor chapman will play in the o line this year and he is a very good lineman i would say he is a lot better than jared stevens bc i have faced both and taylors bruitt strength is hard to handle but he does like to play hard one play and hold back on 2 or 3 plays before he goes 110%
SCHS#70 Wrote:well imo taylor chapman will play in the o line this year and he is a very good lineman i would say he is a lot better than jared stevens bc i have faced both and taylors bruitt strength is hard to handle but he does like to play hard one play and hold back on 2 or 3 plays before he goes 110%

SCHS #70, you may be correct, but I think Taylor would make a tremendous fullback on offense and super linebacker on defense. Again, conjuncture and speculation.

BTW, are you a graduate of SC, or will you be back for the 2011 season?
The Contrarian Wrote:SCHS #70, you may be correct, but I think Taylor would make a tremendous fullback on offense and super linebacker on defense. Again, conjuncture and speculation.

BTW, are you a graduate of SC, or will you be back for the 2011 season?

I GRADUATE THIS YEAR BUT WISH I WAS BACK FOR ANOTHER YEAR MAYBE I WOULD NOT GET HURT AND PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT I AM A GOOD PLAYER BUT IT DONT MATTER CAUSE MY CAREER IS OVER BUT I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF MY CARDINAL CAREER:Thumbs:
I was wonderin how u guys weight train we have only like 4 or 5 kids that bench in the 300's but we have like 35 that squat over 420.
belfry insider Wrote:i was wonderin how u guys weight train we have only like 4 or 5 kids that bench in the 300's but we have like 35 that squat over 420.

i aint sure how many for sure that benches 300 but kp benches 385 and squats 500 and runs 4.3 forty
SCHS#70 Wrote:I GRADUATE THIS YEAR BUT WISH I WAS BACK FOR ANOTHER YEAR MAYBE I WOULD NOT GET HURT AND PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT I AM A GOOD PLAYER BUT IT DONT MATTER CAUSE MY CAREER IS OVER BUT I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF MY CARDINAL CAREER:Thumbs:

SCHS#70 -- God's Speed, and good luck going forward. As time moves on, and when you look back at you Cardinal football days, I am sure you will have many great memories to cherish.
SCHS#70 Wrote:i aint sure how many for sure that benches 300 but kp benches 385 and squats 500 and runs 4.3 forty

:lmao: Whatever.
MR. Slate Wrote::lmao: Whatever.

Skyles deadlifts 500, and benches 385 (both lifts are on youtube) he works out with 450 on squats at 5 reps each set of 3. I don't think he has tried for 500 on squat ,yet but he hasn't maxed out. As for the 4.3 in the 40, his official time in the 40 is a 4.44, that was last june at Marshall. Some coaches have clocked him in at 4.37 , but nothing is official until it is done at a respected combine, or recruiting camp. Don't know if that will help Mr. Slate on WHATEVER. The lifting part, there is no doubt about that, but the 40 times will always be subjective to who times them . KP lasered at 4.52 last year and that is extremely fast.
MR. Slate Wrote::lmao: Whatever.

Sorry Mr. Slate its true about Kp so much true that your coach tried to get him to come share the backfield with JJ.
Patriots12 Wrote:Sorry Mr. Slate its true about Kp so much true that your coach tried to get him to come share the backfield with JJ.

I think hes just mad because JJ isnt that strong :lmao:
KP is a fine young man with a tremendous work ethic. Let's wish him the best for a super 2011 season. But let us not forget, he is only one person; SC needs ten additional good men on the field so as to have a successful season.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:KP is a fine young man with a tremendous work ethic. Let's wish him the best for a super 2011 season. But let us not forget, he is only one person; SC needs ten additional good men on the field so as to have a successful season.

this is so true! and to the mr slate why dont u quit getting on here bad mouthing one player just because he is stronger than anyone on jc's team :lmao:
A 4.3. I say no way. There are pro football players that are not that fast. must be a 30 yard dash
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next