Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 87 Belfry 84
So it's okay that Ashley Howard can do the same thing? If an intentional was called on the Belfry player, it could have been called on Ashley at least once in the game also.
"FrAnKeE" Wrote:actually yes the lady hornets did play at sheldon clark friday night, i was there, and also like i said in a post b4, u can sit on this website and make excuses and excuses and your still not gonna prove anything, i mean really all your doin is trying to pick fights, imo u dont need to worry about the past, the past was belfry got beat by magoffin in a very good, tough game, u need to worry about the future, like worrying about wat they can do to improve their girls, and have a good chance of winning the next time magoffin plays belfry, so good game to both teams

I'm not making excuses, I'm trying to clear things up. Magoffin County fans are making excuses just the same as Belfry as to why they didn't win by more. It was a great game, I'm sorry there had to be a loser. There is no doubt in my mind that these are the two best teams in the region and can probably hang with just about any team in the state as they have both proved this season.
"Phoenix" Wrote:So it's okay that Ashley Howard can do the same thing? If an intentional was called on the Belfry player, it could have been called on Ashley at least once in the game also.
well there ya go it was bad on both sides thanks for realizing this see you in regionals
o yea one more thing the refs did let the girls play and what did that show you that we were the better team
Quote:Orginally posted by phoneix

Belfry's coach would say that because, unlike MC's coach, he has class. Clapping your hands in the other team's coach's face, like Pup did, at a call against the other team is classless and definately doesn't show any respect.

When did Pup do this?
I remember him clapping and telling his players good job and get back on defense but when did this take place?

Quote: Orginally posted by Phoneix

Did MC even play their game on Friday? The KHSAA scoreboard doesn't have a score. And by the way I wouldn't call Sheldon Clark a tough district game. MC's fans sure are defensive about the fact that they almost got beaten by a 15th region team. Are they realizing that the road to state may not be that easy? One final note, IMO I don't see having Michaela in the starting line up making that big of a difference because once she does come back, it will take some time (and there may not be enough time left in the year) to get back to 100%. You are never really the same after an injury[QUOTE]

Yes,
And yes I do see having Michaela back will have a big difference becuse shes one of the leading scorers and rebounders for the hornets. And coming back after an injury your not the same? lol ask her that on her 3 knee surgerys shes came back 110% imo, shes at every pratice while shes hurt so she wont miss out on the plays and she is working really hard to come back.

[QUOTE]orginally posted by Cookie Monster

I agree, I saw this and was appaled that someone would purposely lay back down on another player so they couldn't get down the floor.

As for someone's comment that Ashley Howard and Brittany Manns got elbowed in the stomach, if they can dish it out, they should be able to take it, Ashley Howard just about takes player's heads off when she goes up for a block or a steal and I have a feeling it is not accidental, one of these days she is going to get someone seriously hurt.

OK what do you mean when you said she would purposley lay down an a player so they could'nt get down the floor? i dont understand that one.

Yes they did get elbowed in the stomach and ashley jade almost got her nose broke to for someone trying to block a shot.

And when you said ashley jade can take a players head off trying to block or steal the ball, I mean yea she has had a few fouls doing this but can everyone get away with a clean call uhh no you cant because mistakes happen, especially when the belfry player hit Ashley Jade in the face was it an mistake? yeah it was called as a foul but did she really mean to do it, the same goes for Ashley does she really mean to do it? and the answer imo is no because she is playing hard out basketball trying to win the game and not letting her team down and i really dont think she would try to get anybody hurt becuse she knows the feeling and if you knew ashley she wouldnt hurt anybody for the world, like i said nobody can get away with clean shots especially in magoffin county.

Quote:Orginally posted by Phoneix

So it's okay that Ashley Howard can do the same thing? If an intentional was called on the Belfry player, it could have been called on Ashley at least once in the game also.

this was a very physical game both ways and the refs didnt see it or didnt want to call it.
[QUOTE="All_Sport#1"]When did Pup do this?
I remember him clapping and telling his players good job and get back on defense but when did this take place?

[QUOTE] Orginally posted by Phoneix

Did MC even play their game on Friday? The KHSAA scoreboard doesn't have a score. And by the way I wouldn't call Sheldon Clark a tough district game. MC's fans sure are defensive about the fact that they almost got beaten by a 15th region team. Are they realizing that the road to state may not be that easy? One final note, IMO I don't see having Michaela in the starting line up making that big of a difference because once she does come back, it will take some time (and there may not be enough time left in the year) to get back to 100%. You are never really the same after an injury[QUOTE]

Yes,
And yes I do see having Michaela back will have a big difference becuse shes one of the leading scorers and rebounders for the hornets. And coming back after an injury your not the same? lol ask her that on her 3 knee surgerys shes came back 110% imo, shes at every pratice while shes hurt so she wont miss out on the plays and she is working really hard to come back.

OK what do you mean when you said she would purposley lay down an a player so they could'nt get down the floor? i dont understand that one.

Yes they did get elbowed in the stomach and ashley jade almost got her nose broke to for someone trying to block a shot.

And when you said ashley jade can take a players head off trying to block or steal the ball, I mean yea she has had a few fouls doing this but can everyone get away with a clean call uhh no you cant because mistakes happen, especially when the belfry player hit Ashley Jade in the face was it an mistake? yeah it was called as a foul but did she really mean to do it, the same goes for Ashley does she really mean to do it? and the answer imo is no because she is playing hard out basketball trying to win the game and not letting her team down and i really dont think she would try to get anybody hurt becuse she knows the feeling and if you knew ashley she wouldnt hurt anybody for the world, like i said nobody can get away with clean shots especially in magoffin county.

this was a very physical game both ways and the refs didnt see it or didnt want to call it.[/QUOTE]
AMEN brother great post
With about one minute in the game after a foul was called on Belfry, Belfry's coach went out to talk it over with the ref and MC's coach followed, when the ref explained (I'm guessing) MC's coach got right in BHS's face and clapped his hands.

I also saw Ashely Howard fall back on #11 and #12 for BHS after they had all gone after the ball, this was with about one minute left in the game.
[QUOTE="All_Sport#1"]When did Pup do this?

[QUOTE] Orginally posted by Phoneix

Yes,

this was a very physical game both ways and the refs didnt see it or didnt want to call it.[/QUOTE]

Rose-colored glasses
"Cookie Monster" Wrote:With about one minute in the game after a foul was called on Belfry, Belfry's coach went out to talk it over with the ref and MC's coach followed, when the ref explained (I'm guessing) MC's coach got right in BHS's face and clapped his hands.

I also saw Ashely Howard fall back on #11 and #12 for BHS after they had all gone after the ball, this was with about one minute left in the game.
Are you serious, let it go!:insane:
"MCfan" Wrote:The Lady Hornets proved they are number 1 in the 15th winning without Michaela Howard. The refs were bad both ways, if we had everybody healthy this would have not even been a close game. STOP WHINING.Confusederved:

You were the first one to bring up how bad the refs were saying that MC had to overcome the refs to win. Who's whining now?Confusederved:
omg i mean come on, most of you all are probally older than me, and i swear i think iam more mature than most, all yall are tryin to do is pick fights, and leave smart remarks to each other, everyone needs to hush about it, and give both teams some respect, now lets stop talkin about how bad the refs are, and start talking about how good the players are from both teams, both teams have so much talent, why waste your time making excuses on the refs, when they were both even on both teams imo, i mean yea there was alot of bad calls, but still the game is over, magoffin won, and i have to say, belfry has ALOT of talent, and if the lady hornets get lazy and big headed during regionals, then belfry will beat them, because belfry is a good team
Agreed Frankee
thank MCHS_FBALL#14

Quote:Orginally Posted by Cookie Monster
With about one minute in the game after a foul was called on Belfry, Belfry's coach went out to talk it over with the ref and MC's coach followed, when the ref explained (I'm guessing) MC's coach got right in BHS's face and clapped his hands.

The only thing I recall about Ashley Jade in the min. left to play was her and more players from our team and belfrys team going after the loose ball, would be the only thinkg that would make sense in your post about Ashley Jade.

And I still dont recal Pup clapping in the Belfry's coaches face and i was sitting right behind Magoffin bench in the first row.....!!!

Excatally right Mc Fan this is a past game nobody can change it the refs let both teams play very physcial and let them play to their potential this was a hrd fought out gamee.....but congratulations to the lady hornets, you girls have proved that youns are #1 in the region and nobody can take that away from us.....!!!
"Acid" Wrote:You were the first one to bring up how bad the refs were saying that MC had to overcome the refs to win. Who's whining now?Confusederved:
Who won the game? Why would I be whining, the refs made bad calls both ways. And it is true the Lady Hornets had to overcome bad calls to win. And if Belfry would have won it would have been the same story.:coach:
[QUOTE="Cookie Monster"]With about one minute in the game after a foul was called on Belfry, Belfry's coach went out to talk it over with the ref and MC's coach followed, when the ref explained (I'm guessing) MC's coach got right in BHS's face and clapped his hands.

Get your facts straight. Both coaches were aruguing with the Referee in question and the ref said "I'll tell you what both of you are going to get one I'm tired of it. Stay in your boxes". Thats when pup claped his hands and said "alright lets play ball". It was not directed toward Belfry's coach and you can ask him that.
It's a shame someone gets on here and says negative things about someone without having their facts straight
Why even bother of makin excuses if the refs were bad? Could you have did a better job? or why arent you out there right now? REFS ARE JUST HUMAN. jesus christ. Like frankee said dont get on the post and say ohh Belfry would have won if it wasent for the refs. Thats like me sayin UK would have won 16 games this year if AZubuike would have stayed?? IF IF IF IF
good post. greatpoint. refs are human and if is a big word. if didnt happen get over it
nice post dee, i agree 100%
Belfry really impressed me at that game though, they showed and and stated excatley why they were number 2 in the region and allmost got and upset in the process great games from both theams... i wish more games would turn out like this one, really feel like you get your moneys worth Smile
congrats
"Sidelines" Wrote:Belfry really impressed me at that game though, they showed and and stated excatley why they were number 2 in the region and allmost got and upset in the process great games from both theams... i wish more games would turn out like this one, really feel like you get your moneys worth Smile

Nice post.....Gannon does a good job at Belfry..
Were these experienced refs or new refs?
"JuSt_A_fAn" Wrote:Nice post.....Gannon does a good job at Belfry..

yes he does... he's brung the girls a long way from what they were... they keep working hard they'll be something to watch out for.
ive seen them quite a few times so im gonan say expierenced
tho from the perspecive of thier calling there new
I am fairly new to this, but I am so sick and tired of everyone blaming the refs. Trust me they do not care who wins. I have been watching bbll for over 40 years and I have never seen a ref cheat. Fans most of the time have no clue about the rules, positioning, etc.. I am not saying that the men i stripes get them all right but they do thier best to call a fair game. I think it's childish do always blame the refs, but most people in here are probably children. All I am saying is sometimes its the players fault that they get beat!
IMo sidelines they have been some one to watch out for since last season lol
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:IMo sidelines they have been some one to watch out for since last season lol

Couldn't agree more. Belfry has a great team. Don't count these ladies out by any means. People can argue about refs or calls or sideline antics, but the fact still remains that anyone that was at the game Saturday got a real treat. The game was very exciting, fast paced, and physical. Everything you need to create controversy. All in all, if you didnt get to see this game, you missed out on getting to see two of the best teams in the mountains and both are well coached. Get off here and go to a game.
Congrats Magoffin!!
Quote:Orginally posted by HomeGrown

I am fairly new to this, but I am so sick and tired of everyone blaming the refs. Trust me they do not care who wins. I have been watching bbll for over 40 years and I have never seen a ref cheat. Fans most of the time have no clue about the rules, positioning, etc.. I am not saying that the men i stripes get them all right but they do thier best to call a fair game. I think it's childish do always blame the refs, but most people in here are probably children. All I am saying is sometimes its the players fault that they get beat!

Im not blaming the refs on this game even thaough they were horrible both ways, i'm only 16 and ive seen more than i can count
Is this thread ever going to end, the game is almost a week old. LETS MOVE ON.
good win for magoffin