Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin 87 Belfry 84
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final
Congrats MC...
Ashley Howard had another quadruble double 37 points not sure what the rest of her stats was but she was marvelous today
Another hard earned win by the Lady Hornets. They trailed most of the game but made a run late in the fourth quarter to get the win. Congrats Ladies
Congrats MC the game was closer than I thought it would be but Belfry has a good team also. Where was the game played?
sounds like a great game, anyone who went what was the crowd like, and some stats if anything. Who started in Mich. Howards place?
"The Cheem" Wrote:sounds like a great game, anyone who went what was the crowd like, and some stats if anything. Who started in Mich. Howards place?
ashley hall started big crowd for a saturday afternoon and loud
That big Double digit predicted in this thread: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/extreme3/...hp?t=16996 was a little off mark wouldnt ya say.......??? :BigLaugh:

Belfry will not go in and lay down for anyone...Congrats on the win and We'll see ya at tournament time !!!!!

The game was played at Magoffin County.

Belfry will host Knott Central on the 16th.
Quote:Orginally posted by The Fan

Ashley Howard had another quadruble double 37 points not sure what the rest of her stats was but she was marvelous today

Ashley Jade Had 37 points, 10 steals, 10 assists, and 10 blocks to make her 2nd qauddruple double this season this also made her career high 37 points which was 32 points, and also her and Calloray Howard recieved their plaques tonight after being the only 2 lady hornets to ever reach 1500 points in their high school career.

This was a really great game the lady hornets trailed the whole game and with 1:10 on the clock left to play in the 4th quater the girls came from an 5 point trail to a 3 point win contgratulations to the girls on their victory over belfry both teams did play their hearts out and congratulations to Ashley Jade and Calloray for their sucess in basketball.....!!!
The Lady Hornets had to overcome the refs.
Lady Hornets played hard to get this one. Belfry is a tough team. Refs were the worst i have seen. Bad calls both ways. Refs let it get out of control. But luckley both teams kept there cool and it turned into a great game. Congrats to the hornets.
The Lady Hornets had a pretty bad game tonight. Their help defense was non-exsistent. Belfry played pretty good, but I feel their even better than what we seen tonight. It's true that the officiating was bad on both sides, but officials are only human and make mistakes ( especially when there are only two of them). I can't believe that there were only two refs there for a high profile game such as this one. When you have the number 1 and number 2 teams in the 15th playing each other, you should send your best officials and make sure that you have a three man crew. However, that is something you never see at a Magoffin County girls game. I don't know why, its just that way. Tonights game could possible be the Regional Championship game. Belfry has strong guard and post play, they move well without the ball, are very disciplined, and show a tremendous amount of heart. These are the same attributes that we have came to love in our Lady Hornets. There isn't enough to be said about the tremendous play of Ashley Jade, Calloray, and Brittany, but Ashley Hall a Freshman stepped up huge tonight and last night. She has the heart of a champion. Magoffins bench was very impressive tonight and last night. This was something we didn't have last year (a bench). However, some of the younger girls gave huge minutes tonight due to the absence of Micheala Howard. By the way Micheala is healing nicely and will return before seasons end. All I can say is 15th region look out. When she returns 100% and our bench is playing as well as they have been, things could get ugly for the rest of the region. Having wrote a book, I will end by saying congrats to both teams. In a game like that, there shouldn't be a loser. I applaud both teams on the tremendous hustle and heart they showed.:Clap:
The most pitiful game I have ever seen called. The best players for Magoffin County were the refs tonight.

Any MC fan that doesn't believe that is kidding themselves. MC's coach is the most ridiculous coach I have ever witnessed on the court. He should of had at least 3 techs on the stomping alone, much less crossing the center court line to shout at the refs.

There was no way that Belfry would come out of there with a win. Everytime that MC had the ball in the 4th there was a foul called on Belfry. They won on nothing but foul shots alone...

Thanks refs for helping the hornets with the win.,
Triple Threat is my alter-ego...please don't ban me..just let me know if I need to calm it down...the ballgame did suck though...I was ****ed!!!!
Congrats Hornets
Re: Magoffin 87 Belfry 84

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most pitiful game I have ever seen called. The best players for Magoffin County were the refs tonight.

Any MC fan that doesn't believe that is kidding themselves. MC's coach is the most ridiculous coach I have ever witnessed on the court. He should of had at least 3 techs on the stomping alone, much less crossing the center court line to shout at the refs.

There was no way that Belfry would come out of there with a win. Everytime that MC had the ball in the 4th there was a foul called on Belfry. They won on nothing but foul shots alone...

As a matter of fact, I seen Belfry's coach across the half court line on sevral occassions and at one point he was across the line and at Magoffins three point line. You may have forgot about all of the push offs that Belfry's guards gave throughout the entire game, so i'll forgive you for the comment about ref's winning the game for Mag. and the comment about all the fouls called against Belfry in the 4th quarter.
Trust me, I'm an adult and didn't ask for anyone's forgiveness. I'm sure that Coach Gannon crossed the line and that should have been called also. Yeah, belfry had to push off because it's hard to play ball with girls on your back the entire night.

Like I said, and will continue to say, if the game was played ANYWHERE besides Magoffin County, it would have been a different story.
"Triple Threat" Wrote:Trust me, I'm an adult and didn't ask for anyone's forgiveness. I'm sure that Coach Gannon crossed the line and that should have been called also. Yeah, belfry had to push off because it's hard to play ball with girls on your back the entire night.

Like I said, and will continue to say, if the game was played ANYWHERE besides Magoffin County, it would have been a different story.

One point to ponder, Does Magoffin hire the officials directly or are they sent to officiate by an assigning secretary? When you figure out the answer to that question, then you must ask yourself why this so called injustice has come to be. A little hint, Magoffin, just like all other schools in the 15th turns in a schedule to the assigning secretary.Confusederved:
Quote:Orginally posted br triple threat

Trust me, I'm an adult and didn't ask for anyone's forgiveness. I'm sure that Coach Gannon crossed the line and that should have been called also. Yeah, belfry had to push off because it's hard to play ball with girls on your back the entire night.

Yes, iam sure both coaches crossed the line many and amny of times i havent seen a coach yet to stay inside their coaches box, and for belfry pushing off our girls was not riding their backs, its called defense you know something you play in a basketball game, and yes i do agree with u that belfry pushed off many of time especially in the 4th quater, cause i did see brittany and ashley jade both get elbowed right into the stomach PLENTY of times.

So if this game was played at your place or anywhere else besides magoffin that this would be different? well i totally disagree, cause no matter how hard belfry tries the hornets are number in the region and you will just have to face the fact that your # 2 and will not be moving on up for a while.....!!!
"BelfryPride" Wrote:That big Double digit predicted in this thread: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/extreme3/...hp?t=16996 was a little off mark wouldnt ya say.......??? :BigLaugh:

Belfry will not go in and lay down for anyone...Congrats on the win and We'll see ya at tournament time !!!!!

The game was played at Magoffin County.

Belfry will host Knott Central on the 16th.

Belfry dosent lay down i'll give them that... but had the Hornets been fresh and not had a tough disrtict game last night as well as had Michaela Howard in the starting line-up, there would have been a greater deficit in the final score...
Congrats to Magoffin County and to Ashley Jade !
"Triple Threat" Wrote:The most pitiful game I have ever seen called. The best players for Magoffin County were the refs tonight.

Dude Are you Retarted, i mean seriously come on dude. They was bad calls. But They called bad calls on Belfry and Magoffin. Coach should have had 3 techs, What about the coach from belfry, chewing out the officals about 2 times? what about that?? Excuses, you cant say the loss was all from the officals. Mc jus played their hearts out and came back and won this deserved win.
:wtf1: o whoa whoa whoa trip i cant beleave your going to sit there and say you got screwed out of the game cuz thats BS we got just as many bad calls on us as you did. and you say our girls were all over your girls back thats obsurd maybe that just happens to be the 1st time youve ever seen anyone play defense. but now as far as officiating your girls got away with alot of walks in the 1st half but the call you guys got away with that made me the maddest was when one of your girls punched ashley jade right in the face and nothing was called. your coach was up ranting and raving just as much as coach miller and yes they both crossed the line many times there coaches they will do that so.... :moon: i was impressed with both teams in this game cant wait to meet again in the regional finals :dance:
congrats ashley
Magoffin County is a bad place to play.. they usually get a lot of calls.. I wasn't there tonight so I don't know if it would have changed the outcome.. and I agree about Magoffin's Coach.. he has never been a great one imo
"FrAnKeE" Wrote:Dude Are you Retarted, i mean seriously come on dude. They was bad calls. But They called bad calls on Belfry and Magoffin. Coach should have had 3 techs, What about the coach from belfry, chewing out the officals about 2 times? what about that?? Excuses, you cant say the loss was all from the officals. Mc jus played their hearts out and came back and won this deserved win.

Don't call another member names...like retarted..... thanks :ref1: :police:
The Lady Hornets proved they are number 1 in the 15th winning without Michaela Howard. The refs were bad both ways, if we had everybody healthy this would have not even been a close game. STOP WHINING.Confusederved:
I was at the game and even though my daughter cheers, I watched the game. Both teams played hard, bad calls were made, (I do feel that the bad calls favored MC moreso than Belfry). The game was won with foul shots in the 4th quarter.

But everyone in this thread needs to remember that namecalling others members is not going to be tolerated. Let's keep it to the game.

BallaBaby

Congrats Magoffin. I didn't go to the game but I know that there's never a good called game at MC, it's a tough place to play and come out with a win everyone knows that. But I wasn't there so like 15th said I don't know if it would have changed the outcome of the game or not.
Let me clear a few things up. This is from the offical stats Ashley Jade Howard had 37 points and she got them the old fashioned way with none of them comming from behind the arc, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and 10 steals. She did not have 10 blocks.

It was a great game, both teams played their hearts out and left it all on the floor. It can be argued either way about the Ref's, depending on who you were cheering for. The ref's let the girls play and in the end it was the girls on the floor, not the fans and not the ref's that decided the game.
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:Don't call another member names...like retarted..... thanks :ref1: :police:

he didn't call him retarted just asked if he was
Pages: 1 2 3 4