Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 34 Pike Co. Central 18
great game belfry was the better team . and as for as the offsides calls u are lucky u didn,t get more the kid wearing number 1 left the line of scrimage almost every time. refs tryed to let him know what was going on he still kept leaving. at first i thought pike central brought with them but then they starting calling it. great game pirates.:flame:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I kindve had a feeling this was coming. I work with some PC fans and all I heard all week was how PC was gonna come in and dominate Belfry and I knew better. Not that PC had no chance to win. They certainly did! Anyone who knows me knows that while Im not a Belfry fan at all, I do have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Haywood and the Belfry program. But you dont go over to Pond Creek and play Belfry with the attitude that youre gonna blow Belfry out as most of PCs fanbase had because you will get humbled quickly. So while some of the PC fans on here are eating the crow they prepared for themselves. Don forget to eat some Humble Pie for dessert.

I got the same thing @ work for 2 weeks so I will really enjoy giving it right back come Monday morning.It's all in fun
[quote=Leonidas]Not exactly a truth....QUOTE]
:thumpsup:

The first formulated (well sort of) and entertaining thought you have ever posted on here... I am impressed. You used similes, analogies, pop culture references, and almost even produced a coherent ending statement.
Not related to this thread but i see pcc only wining 1 more game and thats east ridge,just sayin
If players spit on the goal post, people keyed cars, played vulgar music in the parking lot then where were your police. All this makes the people in Pike county seem ignorant.
Evil Eye Wrote:If players spit on the goal post, people keyed cars, played vulgar music in the parking lot then where were your police. All this makes the people in Pike county seem ignorant.

The police DID get the young men that spit on the goal posts... As far as the music, it as well was taken care of .... The keying of the vehicles..... I didn't hear anything about that going on....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I can't believe I'm the first to mention this, but I'm also glad that I am. Josh Dixon of Belfry (#10) laid hit after hit after hit on Pike Central receivers all night long. He also made a heckuva punt return in the 2nd half that gave Belfry great field position.

It was worth the price of admission just to watch him play.

Tyler Williams, that's how a leader runs the offense. You're turning into the QB we always knew you would be. Can't say enough about how effective his play was during this game.

Hats off to the entire Belfry team, but especially to Dixon, Sani Warren (2 big INTs), and the O-line. Way to play young men!!!!
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Sex with horses???? Saw that on a movie once. Needless to say I never watched it again.

Penalties killed central all nite. And as a fan I had to question all of them. However seeing as how they are judgement calls I understand.
I do have a questionfor all you football guru's though. If a false strt is called how is the other team allowed to decline? Personally I don't know and this one call didn't make or break the game. But I would like to see the penalty comparison. N

With that asked I have to say this was a great game and it went pretty much how I thought it would. The second half adjustments by haywood never cease to amaze me. The man is good. But my hats off to central for hanging in there. You guys may say what u want about the Boggs kid but the boy is good and almost always right on the money. My only quarrel is on the fly pattern he needs to through that ball to the outside. And he has two more tds on the nite. But I was happy with the defense and the offense. S.o.s. Had so much to do with it tonite. I mean this was the first full game all the starters had played. But they did a heck of a job and I hope we get to see a rematch come playoff time n

As far as the penalties called on PCC, they were accurate from my view. Many more could have been called on them for false start. #1, was starting early nearly every play, the side judge even talked to him. The false start on a punt from my understanding can be declined, that was why the whistle wasn't blown during that play. The officials I thought done a pretty decent job.
BoondockSaint Wrote:I can't believe I'm the first to mention this, but I'm also glad that I am. Josh Dixon of Belfry (#10) laid hit after hit after hit on Pike Central receivers all night long. He also made a heckuva punt return in the 2nd half that gave Belfry great field position.

I am 100% with that. Dixon is an absolute monster at safety and is replacing Thomas Varney very well. He is fast and can lay the wood! I haven't seen a better defensive player this year.
William Boggs Wrote:I am getting very tired of you badmouthing my son. It's obvious you have a personal vendetta against him for whatever reason yet don't have the courage to sign in under your "REAL NAME" and continue to hide behind fake one's. If you were at the game you would have known the real facts behind these numbers because I myself refuse to bash other players. The only thing I can, and will say, is this: 75% of the balls not caught were thrown into the players hands and were not caught for whatever reason at the time. Not saying it was our recievers or anything like that before you even come back with that, no team is perfect, they all make mistakes. One game does not make or break a player, we have good games and bad games and right now he has had far more good than bad. But it is just that A TEAM EFFORT. In my opinion, the game was lost due to PCC not being able to stop Belfry's running game. So for that my hat goes off to them, I think we will meet again somewhere in the playoffs and hopefully we will be back to a full team (due to our center & middle linebacker being out...not making excuses..just stating facts.) So if you want to discuss this in a private matter please send me a message (real name please) and I will be happy to discuss this further. Until then leave my son's name out of your posts if you are going to bash him when you have no idea what you are talking about. Anyone who knows my son can tell you that no one is beating him up as bad right now as himself. He takes all of this on his own shoulders whether it needs to be there or not. That is the type of player he is. He wants to be there for his team in whatever way he can, and when things like this happen, he blames NO ONE but himself, he doesnt need people who hide behind fake names to do it for him.

I'm not bashing anyone. I've never said anything bad about the kid, it is a simple fact he was not as good as everyone was letting on. When there was a little pressure put on him he panicked. I was at the game and no, 75% of passes were not thrown into players hands.
The game is replaying right now if anyone would like to watch this one again.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
good win pirates,see you guys at the rock next week.
congrats Belfry! sheww I just went and checked my car..NO KEYING! Keep your head up Hawks!!! We will meet them again in the play-off's
Sounds like this one was wild!
Congrats Belfry.
I was rooting for Pike on this one...
Crossbones Wrote:As far as the penalties called on PCC, they were accurate from my view. Many more could have been called on them for false start. #1, was starting early nearly every play, the side judge even talked to him. The false start on a punt from my understanding can be declined, that was why the whistle wasn't blown during that play. The officials I thought done a pretty decent job.

I agree that the officials did a good job and that central really shot themselves in the foot many times I only saw two questionable calls and that was the punt mentioned above and on a kickoff return they said a central player touched the ball before it went ou of bounds. I was right in front of the play and the kid stepped back and never touched it. But like I said I hope they get to play again. This was a great game to be at, with a great atmosphere.

I was also very happy to see the turnout for central. I've never seen that many central fans at any football game vie been to. I'm glad things are finally changing
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Maybe not 75% of the passes were in the hands of the WR's, but you have to admit that Boggs was much more accurate than the stats show. I was there and saw many dropped passes, i.e. #11 dropped at least 2 passes out of the backfield, #1 dropped a few and had 1 knocked loose by an incredible hit by the Belfry safety (I think it was #10), #22 had his hands on 1 int. but the belfry defender just wanted the ball more, When PCC went to trips left the routes were mixed up you could tell they were not sure what they were supposed to run prior to the snap b/c the two inside receivers were trying to figure it out just before the snap which was when the ball bounced off the WR's chest and into the arms of a Pirate. However, Boggs could have avoided at least one other interception and/or a few dropped passes had he scrambled out of the pocket and ran the ball. As for him being under pressure all night, that is not true either. Boggs was sacked one time and only hit probably two or three times other than that.
I watched the replay of the game. I thought PCC's quarterback was really good. Congrats to Belfry. As usual, they just keep getting better and better week after week.
I am not saying that this would have changed anything but I am confused about the Declined False start on the punt. Any other time a false start would result in a dead ball. So is that not in effect on 4th down or in special teams situations. Because any time there is usually a false start the whistles are blown before the play can even get started. Can somebody that know what they are talking about explain this to me?
boondocksaint Wrote:i can't believe i'm the first to mention this, but i'm also glad that i am. Josh dixon of belfry (#10) laid hit after hit after hit on pike central receivers all night long. He also made a heckuva punt return in the 2nd half that gave belfry great field position.

It was worth the price of admission just to watch him play.

Tyler williams, that's how a leader runs the offense. You're turning into the qb we always knew you would be. Can't say enough about how effective his play was during this game.

Hats off to the entire belfry team, but especially to dixon, sani warren (2 big ints), and the o-line. Way to play young men!!!!
very well put, #10 has been mr excitment all yaer, and #4 is the leader of this team, #11 played a great game and put some hits on as well, #5 also the entire pirate d. Played great and the hits on the recievers was key they didnt know what to think, i loved it every second
Westside Wrote:I watched the replay of the game. I thought PCC's quarterback was really good. Congrats to Belfry. As usual, they just keep getting better and better week after week.
I completely agree that Belfry continues to get better. I guess it is that Belfry pride and tradition that keeps them going. Their resilience is what won them the game they belive in the run and they stuck with it and eventually Pruitt is going to break outside and be off to the races. HE'S FAST! I was really hoping PCC would pull this one out. I predicted the score to be PCC-38 BELFRY-34, well, I guessed the right score for Belfry but not PCC Sad I graduated from PCC and played for PCC (2001-2005) and was very excited for this game. You can never underestimate tose Pirates. Congats to the boys of Pond Creek, you guys are warriors...(but not like ER Warriors, haha)
MADJACK75 Wrote:very well put, #10 has been mr excitment all yaer, and #4 is the leader of this team, #11 played a great game and put some hits on as well, #5 also the entire pirate d. Played great and the hits on the recievers was key they didnt know what to think, i loved it every second
I LOVE THE AGGRESSIVENESS OF THE TEAMS, THE HITTING MADE IT VERY FUN TO WATCH AND HEAR. It is not often when you see and hear hit after hit after hit. Belfry has always been able to lay down the lumber. While we're discussing hard hitting, that Shouse kid from PCC also had a few hard knocks against Belfry. That kid is tough. Once he bulks up a little more he will be even more ridiculous.
PC's OL did a great job. Yes, one player, the center was out, so they did have to rearrange the entire line in one week. They did scramble--this is football. Stuff happens. They will learn from this and move on. Belfry came out very strong in the second half. LOTS of calls seemed questionable from where I was sitting, but I'm sure die hard Pirate fans see it differently. Good clean rivalry doesn't hurt!!
BoondockSaint Wrote:William, if you graduated high school you'd be wise as to let your son go through high school and defend himself by his play & do the same. He's a great ballplayer, but your remarks only make it look like you're bashing his teammates and defending him, whether you mean to or not. In Pike Co. we raise our boys to be men, and if you'd known John Chapman before bringing your son to a Pike Co. school you might have chosen another team.

I know you've already said it was nothing against the PC receivers, but come on man. Are you raising a man, or are you a mother defending your child at all cost? Either way, don't make excuses, the better team won.

Honestly, to tell you the truth, I bet she wouldn't let you talk on here unless she had access, too.:biggrin:

PC has a great team, but the kids who want to be part of something really special wear red & white.

ok..
I think the personal shots coming from BOTH sides need to stop. Focus on next weeks games for both teams, and let this one go. It is over. Taking personal shots does nothing but makes those doing it look rude. Focus on FOOTBALL and leave it at that.
That was some really tasty crow. Man I ate till Im sick.

Great job Pirates. You ate up PC with the fullback in short yardage situations. You have tremendous speed. You executed your gameplan. No suprise here.

PC played hard but made too many costly mental mistakes. Dont hang your head Hawks. O-line played great. Might have been a differernt story with their starting MLB/C being out forcing several more players to go both ways.

And when you go back to CAM this year please do not spit on the goal post or allow your fans (i.e. stuents) to listen to rap music in the parking lot. It is very offensive to Belfry fans.
Bizzle Wrote:I am not saying that this would have changed anything but I am confused about the Declined False start on the punt. Any other time a false start would result in a dead ball. So is that not in effect on 4th down or in special teams situations. Because any time there is usually a false start the whistles are blown before the play can even get started. Can somebody that know what they are talking about explain this to me?

I miss wrote when I put false start on the punt it was actually an illegal motion penalty. Which is not a dead ball foul. When I was making my reply to crazy, I was thinking about all the false start penalties. The punting penalty WAS an illegal motion penalty. And on the kickoff when they said the PCC player touched the ball before it went out of bounds. I didn't see him touch it, but I was also on the other side of field. I thought that should have been a penalty for kicking out of bounds.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I agree that the officials did a good job and that central really shot themselves in the foot many times I only saw two questionable calls and that was the punt mentioned above and on a kickoff return they said a central player touched the ball before it went ou of bounds. I was right in front of the play and the kid stepped back and never touched it. But like I said I hope they get to play again. This was a great game to be at, with a great atmosphere.

I was also very happy to see the turnout for central. I've never seen that many central fans at any football game vie been to. I'm glad things are finally changing

The punt penalty was an illegal motion penalty not false start. I meant to put that, and I should have reread what I wrote. My mistake. I agree about the kickoff, I didn't see him touch the ball.
As for him being under pressure all night, that is not true either. Boggs was sacked one time and only hit probably two or three times other than that.
i wasnt there but listened on the radio, the annoucers even said there was alot of pressure on the qb, and he was there ex coach, but said the defense was just playing not to give up the big play...
Congrats Belfry. Great win.
RUNtheBALL Wrote:And when you go back to CAM this year please do not spit on the goal post or allow your fans (i.e. stuents) to listen to rap music in the parking lot. It is very offensive to Belfry fans.

The spit washed off..but the big "L" on PC's record books won't..Confusedhh:. As far as the rap music, I was blasting Nelly's "Number One" from my speakers as I was leaving the school (I found it to be quite fitting considering the outcome of the game)TongueirateSho

Now, for the game itself. First let me congratulate the entire Belfry "Brotherhood" Football Team and Coaching staff for once again being prepared and playing one heckuva great game. These boys truly care about each other and treat each other like brothers. I'm proud of that, it says a lot about their characters as human beings!! It hard to point out specific boys because the entire team played up to their potentials during the game.

Secondly, I will give props where they are due and Pike Central has improved ten folds from years past. The QB sat in the pocket pretty much all night and made some great passes. I think it's important for a fan base to have confidence in a team, but not overconfidence to the point that they have the boys winning the game before it's played and maybe that happened a little bit in this game. (For the record, I know there are Belfry fans that do that too, but we have the history on our side to kinda back ours up :biggrinSmile

As far as the vandalism of cars, there are always idiots that have to ruin it for both sides...I hate ignorance!! Speaking of ignorance, I think that Coach Chapman seriously needs to have a little meeting with Coach Mike Smith about representing their program with some class..I was one of about 35 to 40 people who witnessed Coach Smith cheering and screaming "Stay down, yeah, just stay down" to one of Belfry's players when he was injured...this was the most tasteless, low class, immature, unsportsmanlike display from someone who is suppose to be in a position of respect and authority that I have ever been witness to.