Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 34 Pike Co. Central 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Great District win by the Pirates tonight over a good Pike Central team. I'm really impressed with the way Belfry came out and absolutely took control of the game in the second half. Looks like a new rivalry has began in Pike County.
Again, my hat off to the Pirates on the huge win and a huge statement game!

Let's get ready for the Cards!

TongueirateShoGo Pirates!!!TongueirateSho
Pirates roll in impressive fashion
Big Brother continues their winning streak over PCC. Great Game and alot of crow to be ate by the PCC fanbase!!TongueirateSho
Congrats to the Pirates on an impressive game and of course the victory..
I don't wanna say I told you so but..... Now Belfry and PCC need to turn thier focus to a Sheldon Clark team whose record doesn't reflect how good they are. If you don't prepare for them, you will be beat.
Looks like the PCC fans are going to be eating alot of their words after this one! I figured it would be like this with Belfry controlling the game! Congrats Pirates!
BELFRY
Williams 3/6, 58 yards TD

Pruitt 16 carries, 165 yards
Willis 22 carries, 109 yards
Rushing 49 carries, 355 yards

Total: 413 yards
Boggs- (passing) 19/42 2TD, 3 INT
Thank you, Pirates. I love some of the guys on the PC side, but the fans and general population need to realize that Belfry is still the king of the hills in Pike County. Some Hawk faithful better be saving their appetite for some crow.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Boggs- (passing) 19/42 2TD, 3 INT
First real Defense he has faced. Not shocking.
The S.O.S argument has to be brought up. The Hawks were game for a Half capitalizing on big plays and Belfry mistakes, but once the Pirates continued the pressure after Halftime it seemed the Hawks fell apart on both sides of the ball. Boggs was 6/18 with 3 INT's in the 2nd Half.

It was as if PC became wide eyed and Belfry was business as usual, they stuck to their gameplan and just dominated the LOS and made the plays when needed.

Great adjustments by Haywood and his staff as they turned up the heat on Boggs and forced turnovers. Meanwhile the Pirates established the FB early (think I may have mentioned that this week) and the rest of the offense seemed to follow en route to a MONSTROUS ammount of yards.

Freshman Sani Warren with two INT's and meanwhile Tyler Williams with a very good 2nd Half running the offense.
Grats Belfry
To bad for Central, I don't think this we'll get them down to much though.

Good game to Belfry. You tested in the beginning and showed what you're about. Hats off to both teams on this one. I think we can all agree that we want both teams to GO BEAT SHELDON CLARK!!!
Nice job by Belfry. Was this for #1 seed
Stardust Wrote:Nice job by Belfry. Was this for #1 seed
Part of the round robbin for it HAHA

Belfry and PCC still have a very good Sheldon Clark in successive weeks.

Toughest 3A District in the state.
congrats to the Pirates, way to shut down the second half, now you got a tougher test next week on the road. take care of business
Congrats Belfry!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The S.O.S argument has to be brought up. The Hawks were game for a Half capitalizing on big plays and Belfry mistakes, but once the Pirates continued the pressure after Halftime it seemed the Hawks fell apart on both sides of the ball. Boggs was 6/18 with 3 INT's in the 2nd Half.

It was as if PC became wide eyed and Belfry was business as usual, they stuck to their gameplan and just dominated the LOS and made the plays when needed.

Great adjustments by Haywood and his staff as they turned up the heat on Boggs and forced turnovers. Meanwhile the Pirates established the FB early (think I may have mentioned that this week) and the rest of the offense seemed to follow en route to a MONSTROUS ammount of yards.

Freshman Sani Warren with two INT's and meanwhile Tyler Williams with a very good 2nd Half running the offense.

S.O.S???That's just a plain stupid remark. PC fails to score inside the 30 three times. One Boggs interception bounces off his receivers chest and talk all you want about Belfry's "real" defense but anyone at the game knows that PC's offense was its own worst enemywith dropped balls and penalties.Belfry's offense plyed great and PC's played a half...and as far Haywood turning up the heat??????....There was little pressure on Boggs all night....All in all it was a good win for a much improved Belfry team...just keep that S.O.S. nonsense in your pocket because you are trying to sound a bit more educated about the game and football than what you really are...We shall eat our crow like we should but we will shall not listen to this kind of crap !
Salimander Wrote:S.O.S???That's just a plain stupid remark. PC fails to score inside the 30 three times. One Boggs interception bounces off his receivers chest and talk all you want about Belfry's "real" defense but anyone at the game knows that PC's offense was its own worst enemywith dropped balls and penalties.Belfry's offense plyed great and PC's played a half...and as far Haywood turning up the heat??????....There was little pressure on Boggs all night....All in all it was a good win for a much improved Belfry team...just keep that S.O.S. nonsense in your pocket because you are trying to sound a bit more educated about the game and football than what you really are...We shall eat our crow like we should but we will shall not listen to this kind of crap !
Tell me how this is not logical.

The game is close the first half. The second half was dominated by Belfry. Pike Central's first string is used to playing one half. Belfry's is used to play 4 quarters. Tell me what part of this logic is "crap".
Salimander Wrote:S.O.S???That's just a plain stupid remark. PC fails to score inside the 30 three times. One Boggs interception bounces off his receivers chest and talk all you want about Belfry's "real" defense but anyone at the game knows that PC's offense was its own worst enemywith dropped balls and penalties.Belfry's offense plyed great and PC's played a half...and as far Haywood turning up the heat??????....There was little pressure on Boggs all night....All in all it was a good win for a much improved Belfry team...just keep that S.O.S. nonsense in your pocket because you are trying to sound a bit more educated about the game and football than what you really are...We shall eat our crow like we should but we will shall not listen to this kind of crap !

What would the score be if Belfry did not have two fumbles in PC territory and then botched the snap on the punt? PC scored in spite of themselves on the penalties with a pair of big plays. They also scored in spite of their poor clock management when they were fortunate to have .2 seconds on the clock after they were out of timeouts.

When the game was on the line PC fell apart and couldn't get the Belfry offense off the field. Belfry answered Pike Central's scores all night with drives and forced 3 turnovers when PC started to press themselves. Do you honestly think playing better competition would not have helped PC execute better tonight and not rush things like they did in the 2nd Half?
Congrats Belfry.

WOOOOOO there Sali I am just as much a Pike Central fan as you are but I have to back my boy here. He is prob. top 5 for having the most knowledge of the game on this site. If you refer your self BACK to the predicition thread he named all keys to the game. We may have played a great first half and missed on some great opportunites but thats a part of the game. If you beat your self you know what its still an L in the record books. Time to sit back regroup and take on a gritty East Ridge team next Friday. We for now are playing for 2nd in district and need that to get another shot at Belfry and THEN the story may be different. However, for now lets give the boys over in Pond Creek their pat on the back for playing a helluva game. They came out ready their offense kept them in the game and made some good adjustments to contain Boggs and the offense in the second half. It is the bend and not break mentality that won Belfry this game IMO. Great job by Belfry hopefully we get another shot to redeam ourselves. Granted I did predict a Belfry win in this one but thats how the story goes sometimes we must take off our orange stained glasses and see the game for what it really is.
I think it is perfectly logical. The types of mistakes you speak of, occur when your not used to playing at the level of intensity in which they had to play at tonight.
Congrats to the Belfry Pirates.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:WOOOOOO there Sali I am just as much a Pike Central fan as you are but I have to back my boy here. He is prob. top 5 for having the most knowledge of the game on this site. If you refer your self BACK to the predicition thread he named all keys to the game. We may have played a great first half and missed on some great opportunites but thats a part of the game. If you beat your self you know what its still an L in the record books. Time to sit back regroup and take on a gritty East Ridge team next Friday. We for now are playing for 2nd in district and need that to get another shot at Belfry and THEN the story may be different. However, for now lets give the boys over in Pond Creek their pat on the back for playing a helluva game. They came out ready their offense kept them in the game and made some good adjustments to contain Boggs and the offense in the second half. It is the bend and not break mentality that won Belfry this game IMO. Great job by Belfry hopefully we get another shot to redeam ourselves. Granted I did predict a Belfry win in this one but thats how the story goes sometimes we must take off our orange stained glasses and see the game for what it really is.

My bold prediction...if these teams meet again I fully expect it to be a very, very close game and for PC to grow from this game more than the first half of the season combined.

Lets make this as plain and simple as can be. Pike Central hasn't played the caliber of competition as Belfry. Belfry would have been 5-0 as well, had they played the schedule PC has. A game is 4 quarters, and catches are only catches if they are caught. Maybe they dropped passes because they knew they were gonna get hit. You can't go on coulda, woulda shoulda. Pike Centrals program is improving, theres no doubt in that. But Belfry is one of the top programs in the state, and you don't get there overnight.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:My bold prediction...if these teams meet again I fully expect it to be a very, very close game and for PC to grow from this game more than the first half of the season combined.

Tell you what spreading the field has made a world of difference in Belfry's offense from past to present IMO. I really think they could open up the passing game a little more.
First and foremost CONGRTATS to BELFRY PIRATES...You **** in there and did what Belfry does best...controlled the line of scrimmage,the Pirate run game game was unstoppable and the defence **** tough and made big plays when the opportunity presented itself...well enough talk about pike central...lets move on to sheldon clark...and again GREAT WIN PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Tell you what spreading the field has made a world of difference in Belfry's offense from past to present IMO. I really think they could open up the passing game a little more.

I have to think Chapman's defense and his past sucess played a very small part in it as well. The flex bone/broken bone allows Belfry to give alot more different looks and attack from different angles. Chapman's defense was perfect for stopping the wishbone.

Sani Warren is a phenominal talent and has already been dubbed the next great QB,,, but I am here to tell you Tyler Williams is not giving up his spot without a fight. The improvement of the Pirates this season directly correlates with the evolution of Williams and Pruitt.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Tell you what spreading the field has made a world of difference in Belfry's offense from past to present IMO. I really think they could open up the passing game a little more.

it sure has, and the more they run the better they get..
Pages: 1 2 3 4