Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-2014 Classification Ranking
This is a likely 4A District:

Martha Layne Collins
North Oldham
Shelby County
Spencer County
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think the district might be: Prestonsburg, Russell, Betsy Layne, Bath County

Poor Betsy Layne.
4-A is stacked.
Looking at 4A, it's gonna be tough!

Possible district alignment for my JC Golden Eagles....
- Johnson Central
- Boyd County
- Ashland Blazer
- Greenup County
- Rowan County
AA District 7 Region 4

Leslie
Middlesboro
Somerset
Danville??
Clinton??
Allen Central??
Westside Wrote:What are the odds of Ky going to a system where all private schools compete in their own class?

Basically none. There are not that many and they are geographically dispersed and have little in common in terms of size or make up. If the schools were all made up of 1,400 boys and located only in the major metros it might make sense. But X and T with 1,400 boys are different from LexCath 427 which different from Owensboro Catholic with 210 boys and 3 hours away.
Panther Thunder Wrote:In class A, the west will be a battle between Mayfield and Beechwood. The east gets considerably easier with Hazard and Raceland being yearly favorites and In a given year Pikeville, Harlan, and Williamsburg can compete for a shot at the title game.

I think it is likely that Beechwood will be back in the east where they use to be based on the number of teams moved around.
BillyB Wrote:Highlands will go wherever Cov Cath is. If the KHSAA would have put them in 3A they could have -- and would have -- moved up to 4A.

I bet the Birds would play Dudley's team on a dry field anywhere in the state if he wanted to.

Oh I'm sure if Highlands would have been placed in 3A instead of 4A, they would have requested a move up to 4A. But even though Highlands would have been geographically isolated in 3A, that is no guarantee that the KHSAA would have approved their move up request. Trust me, there would have been a lot of 4A schools politicing BOC members not to permit Highlands to move up. With the N. Ky 4A district likely to include CovCath, Cooper, Holmes, Pendleton Co and Harrison County, some people could argue that Highlands should not be allowed to move up in order to avoid a 6 team district. With the KHSAA making the decision to place 41 teams in 4A and only 40 in 3A (and Highlands thus being the smallest 4A school) that hot potato is avoided, with some 3A schools being happy and some 4A schools being not so happy. :biggrin:
HHS just like in the past alignment will want to stay with CovCath.
Who will be in Letcher Central's district?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who will be in Letcher Central's district?

Only a guess but I say Knox, Rock, and Clay will join LCC.
Possibility for Paintsville:

District 5
Fairview
Raceland
Nicholas County
Paintsville

Russellville drops from 3A to 1A, moves from District 2 to District 1, and Paris moves from District 5 to District 4, Paintsville moves from District 8 to District 5. All 8 Districts would then have 4 teams, instead of a couple having 3 teams and a couple having 5 teams. This would be the only logical thing. Jason said yesterday that all 8 districts would have 4 teams. This is the only thing I could come up with.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
By my figuring:
Class A

District 1
Fulton City
Fulton County
Mayfield
Russellville

District 2
Caverna
Holy Cross (Lou)
KY Country Day
Bethlehem

District 3
Bellvue
Ludlow
Dayton
Beechwood

District 4
Eminence
Frankfort
Bracken County
Paris

District 5
Fairview
Raceland
Nicholas County
Paintsville

District 6
Williamsburg
Campbellsville
Lynn Camp
Berea

District 7
Pineville
Jenkins
Harlan
Hazard

District 8
Phelps
South Floyd
Pikeville
Allen Central
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I would love to see Bell Co come to 3a, Breathitt has never beat them and I would of love to play them for 96-99 and got a few victorys. Breathitt has a good soph and jr class so I say bring Dudley on. This will make 3a even stronger and add Lawrence to, that just gets me excited because I love competion.

I like your attitude:Thumbs:
WildDawg Wrote:You're not being a homer. LC use to beat Belfry pretty often when the program was going strong. Yes, they were being coached by the legend Haywood. They ended Breathitt's 42 game win streak. Contended for a title several years and Highlands would always get them. Louisa is a football town. With the right coach and youth league system they will contend for several championships in the future. Especially with the powerhouse Highlands in another region. I don't care what Bell County or any other fan says. You know it, I know it, and everyone around this immediate area knows it. If certain fans from around the state choose not to recognize the tradition of Lawrence County football over the years so be it. Some of these fans act like Lawrence County has never had a good football program and had one good season last year because of their "weak" scheduling. They will see soon enough. Bulldog football is back.

:Clap:
Redneck Wrote:By my figuring:
Class A

District 1
Fulton City
Fulton County
Mayfield
Russellville

District 2
Caverna
Holy Cross (Lou)
KY Country Day
Bethlehem

District 3
Bellvue
Ludlow
Dayton
Beechwood

District 4
Eminence
Frankfort
Bracken County
Paris

District 5
Fairview
Raceland
Nicholas County
Paintsville

District 6
Williamsburg
Campbellsville
Lynn Camp
Berea

District 7
Pineville
Jenkins
Harlan
Hazard

District 8
Phelps
South Floyd
Pikeville
Allen Central

I agree 100% with this as i came up with the same thing.
So let me see here.
1A District 8 will drop to 5 teams
Pikeville
Allen Central
South Floyd
Phelps.
Paintsville
2A district 8 goes to 3 teams potentially
P-Burg
Bath Co.
Betsy Layne
3A District 8 goes to 6 teams
Belfry
Sheldon Clark
Pike Central
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Magoffin

Do I have that right?
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I would love to see Bell Co come to 3a, Breathitt has never beat them and I would of love to play them for 96-99 and got a few victorys. Breathitt has a good soph and jr class so I say bring Dudley on. This will make 3a even stronger and add Lawrence to, that just gets me excited because I love competion.

Coach Halcomb may not wish this.
bac2369 Wrote:Also Class will be adding Russellville if they choose to play in class a. That could be a very dangerous team from the west.

If this is the case, then Russellville would be going back to their previous classification (1-A), when they were once a dangerous team going to the state championship game in 1987. "the changes, they are a comin".
[I bet the Birds would play Dudley's team on a dry field anywhere in the state if he wanted to.[/QUOTE]

They tried to schule a game with them last year, but they said they didnt have an open spot. So Bell schuled Soddy Daisey, Tn
Cats02 Wrote:[I bet the Birds would play Dudley's team on a dry field anywhere in the state if he wanted to.

They tried to schule a game with them last year, but they said they didnt have an open spot. So Bell schuled Soddy Daisey, Tn[/QUOTE]

yeah but the played ryle twice i would like to see the bulebirds on log mountian road that would be a great game
bell will move down period. now highlands if I was them I would try my hardest not to go down if anything go up. either way 4A and 3A will have the best football playing in the state
I heard talk today that Boyle may request to move up to 5a,no decision has been made for sure but i know they are talking about it.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Looking at 4A, it's gonna be tough!

Possible district alignment for my JC Golden Eagles....
- Johnson Central
- Boyd County
- Ashland Blazer
- Greenup County
- Rowan County
I hope they would let Lawrence co in here instead of rowan then we could find out how good the dogs are and noone could complain about there schedule having to play Ashland and jc every year
When are the classes finalized? A school can not play up just because they want to, can they?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:When are the classes finalized? A school can not play up just because they want to, can they?

I heard that it would be some time in October.
No, they have to be geographically isolated to play up. Not sure what the criteria is for determining that, though.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I heard that it would be some time in October.
No, they have to be geographically isolated to play up. Not sure what the criteria is for determining that, though.
I know Taylor County wants to play up. But there are too many 4A teams in the area for that to happen IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Makes you wonder why it isn't posted on the KHSAA website.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Very few teams will be aloud to move up. Mainly due to equal numbers in the classes. Circumstances will have to be pretty unique to even get considered to move up.
In Boyles case i think if they were in 5a their distric games would be alot closer,and would save on travel expenses.