Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2011-2014 Classification Ranking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Here's a listing of the 2011-2014 Classifacation Ranking. It is my understanding that the district can not be determined until some schools decide if they are going to play up.

http://www.lcni5.com/2/053/sourcepix/ByClass.JPG
Thanks for the new one.
I could see maybe 5 or 6 teams who will compete for a state title annually in 3A.
Well I wonder if Highlands will continue to play up.
CatDawg Wrote:Well I wonder if Highlands will continue to play up.

I say if Highlands drops Bell will move up.
StrayBullet Wrote:I could see maybe 5 or 6 teams who will compete for a state title annually in 3A.

Who are the five you think?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I say if Highlands drops Bell will move up.

Ummm why??
What are the guidelines to move up?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Who are the five you think?

Lawrence
Bell
Belfry
Fort Campbell
Mason Co.
Maybe Sheldon Clark and Paducah Tilghman
Only way Highlands drops to 3a is if someone from 3a plays up. However, you may very well see Highlands continue to play up in 5a like they have been.

Doubt it. They moved up last time b/c they did not have any teams near them to make a district nor did they have any rivals in their class, thus they moved up to 5A.

I don't see any teams that will move up from the new 3A. I do however see some team from 1A and 2A that may want to move up b/c of distance of district teams. KHSAA has already made it clear that moving up will not be as easy as last time and will take some circumstances to make any changes.

The classification should be final soon and district set in early OCT. so teams can schedule games for 2011. Which most can be guesstimated very easy by looking at Geographic factors.
StrayBullet Wrote:Ummm why??

because Highlands has been in the way of State Titles for Bell Co, earned or not earned wins against Bell. The last one they had to cheat to beat us at Log Mountain. Bell Co led the whole game until their ineligible player scored the winning TD in the last 2 min of that game. I cant stand cheaters.
Muney I agree totally with what you are saying and that is why I think it is pretty close to being set in stone.
William Muney Wrote:Doubt it. They moved up last time b/c they did not have any teams near them to make a district nor did they have any rivals in their class, thus they moved up to 5A.

I don't see any teams that will move up from the new 3A. I do however see some team from 1A and 2A that may want to move up b/c of distance of district teams. KHSAA has already made it clear that moving up will not be as easy as last time and will take some circumstances to make any changes.

The classification should be final soon and district set in early OCT. so teams can schedule games for 2011. Which most can be guesstimated very easy by looking at Geographic factors.

Im shocked at how many males Knox Central has.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:because Highlands has been in the way of State Titles for Bell Co, earned or not earned wins against Bell. The last one they had to cheat to beat us at Log Mountain. Bell Co led the whole game until their ineligible player scored the winning TD in the last 2 min of that game. I cant stand cheaters.

Take note of the 1999 Lawrence County team and I can feel your pain :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I say if Highlands drops Bell will move up.

No way. Bell would stay put. HHS will stay in 4A b/c of the teams around them. A NKY 4A district would be something like Holmes, Highlands, Cov Cath and Cooper all are very close. With CovCath remaining in the rival role.
Taylor in 4A, Ouch........Breathitt stays in 3A, Kinda a shock based on what I was hearing would happen.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im shocked at how many males Knox Central has.

Yea on average they have 100 more than Bell. :yikes:
StrayBullet Wrote:Lawrence
Bell
Belfry
Fort Campbell
Mason Co.

I know your a LC fan but right now I couldn't put Lawrence in that category. Now Belfry, Ft Campbell, Bell Co, and PT could.

Im still in question with LC. IF they play say Bell Co close this year if we meet then they will earn my respect. Mason Co and Sheldon Clark has to impress me too.

Just my opinion though.

My list would be for right now:

East
Bell Co
Belfry

West
Ft Campbell
PT
It's going to be interesting to see how they line up the districts.

Prestonsburg will have a lot of traveling to do if that link is accurate.
StrayBullet Wrote:Take note of the 1999 Lawrence County team and I can feel your pain :Thumbs:

I do. I wouldnt care to play them. Only if they play fair and square.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I know your a LC fan but right now I couldn't put Lawrence in that category. Now Belfry, Ft Campbell, Bell Co, and PT could.

Im still in question with LC. IF they play say Bell Co close this year if we meet then they will earn my respect. Mason Co and Sheldon Clark has to impress me too.

Just my opinion though.

My list would be for right now:

East
Bell Co
Belfry

West
Ft Campbell
PT

I cant help but be a LC homer but I believe with a couple of years under this coaching staff and seeing how they perform this year in the class 4A playoffs I could see LC being an favorite or at least in contention for a state title in the 3A class.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It's going to be interesting to see how they line up the districts.

Prestonsburg will have a lot of traveling to do if that link is accurate.

I agree. It seems P'burg is a team that is isolated for its size. Not sure would they would go. Could end up in a district with M'boro or NKY teams. That will be an answer I am interested to see.
looking at the numbers, how can you have .5 of a kid?
Real Badman Wrote:looking at the numbers, how can you have .5 of a kid?

Maybe he is a kicker and the only important part is his leg Big Grin:lmao:
William Muney Wrote:I agree. It seems P'burg is a team that is isolated for its size. Not sure would they would go. Could end up in a district with M'boro or NKY teams. That will be an answer I am interested to see.

I think the district might be: Prestonsburg, Russell, Betsy Layne, Bath County
Real Badman Wrote:looking at the numbers, how can you have .5 of a kid?

It's the average of the last 2 years of males in the school..... If they 275 one year and 274 the next.... that would be 274.5:Thumbs:

They won't have that opportunity anymore. They have a ready made district with CovCath, Cooper and Holmes, so they wouldn't be geographically isolated. Conner and Bowling Green can now try to add to their collection of state titles. (I think they're the only schools in the new 5A to win previously.)
Nope. Add Hopkinsville to that list, too. :o
StrayBullet Wrote:Lawrence
Bell
Belfry
Fort Campbell
Mason Co.
Breathitt County is as good as most of the teams listed. Bell has been great over the years, but when Hilton leaves, so does their dominance. Breathitt has 4 seniors and will only get better in the next couple years.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Breathitt County is as good as most of the teams listed. Bell has been great over the years, but when Hilton leaves, so does their dominance. Breathitt has 4 seniors and will only get better in the next couple years.

Dudley said tonight he doesnt see himself going anywhere atleast for the next 5 years. He is retired from teaching too now. All he has to focus on is coaching. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5