Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2011-2014 Classification Ranking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Looks like 3A is getting scarce in the west. Union Co. and McLean fall to 2A. District maybe w/ PT, FTCKY, Trigg, and Heath. Heath closes in 2012.
I would love to see Bell Co come to 3a, Breathitt has never beat them and I would of love to play them for 96-99 and got a few victorys. Breathitt has a good soph and jr class so I say bring Dudley on. This will make 3a even stronger and add Lawrence to, that just gets me excited because I love competion.
I think Pburg should move up to 3A.

None of the Pike County teams changed. Good.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I know your a LC fan but right now I couldn't put Lawrence in that category. Now Belfry, Ft Campbell, Bell Co, and PT could.

Im still in question with LC. IF they play say Bell Co close this year if we meet then they will earn my respect. Mason Co and Sheldon Clark has to impress me too.

Just my opinion though.

My list would be for right now:

East
Bell Co
Belfry

West
Ft Campbell
PT

Folks have we forgot about the top 3A program in the state right now...Louisville Central!!! They will always be a threat.

I will list several teams in no particular order who can be perennial contenders or occasional contenders in no particular order. I look at these teams as being in the round of 8, final four, or state championship games.

EAST
1. Breathitt County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Mason County
5. Sheldon Clark
6. PikeCentral
7. Lawrence County
8. Corbin

West
1. Central
2. Paducah Tilghman
3. Fort Campbell
4. E' town
5. Monroe County
6. Henry County
StrayBullet Wrote:I cant help but be a LC homer but I believe with a couple of years under this coaching staff and seeing how they perform this year in the class 4A playoffs I could see LC being an favorite or at least in contention for a state title in the 3A class.

You're not being a homer. LC use to beat Belfry pretty often when the program was going strong. Yes, they were being coached by the legend Haywood. They ended Breathitt's 42 game win streak. Contended for a title several years and Highlands would always get them. Louisa is a football town. With the right coach and youth league system they will contend for several championships in the future. Especially with the powerhouse Highlands in another region. I don't care what Bell County or any other fan says. You know it, I know it, and everyone around this immediate area knows it. If certain fans from around the state choose not to recognize the tradition of Lawrence County football over the years so be it. Some of these fans act like Lawrence County has never had a good football program and had one good season last year because of their "weak" scheduling. They will see soon enough. Bulldog football is back.
When LCA Hazard will make it to the title game more now. LCA was the rock in the road. That was a good little rival. With LCA 3-2.
But on the other hand Raceland will like to see them move up. LCA always beat Raceland in the reg title game the last few years.

I don't see Highland moving down to 4A, If they wanted to play in 4A they would have started in it.

If Bell Co. move down to 3A. There isn;t that many teams in 3A that is up there with Bell Co. right now.
They have more teams in diffen classes, but these is the ones i can remember off the top of my head.
JC and Letcher Central dropping to 4A is a bit of a surprise to me but it would be beneficial for both schools. The biggest thing that sticks out to me is Somerset dropping to 2A. With Fort Campbell and Corbin moving up to 3A next year watch out for the 'Jumpers.
I agree. I think Corbin would benefit more by staying in 2A.
How do you create a AA District 6 out of those classifications?

Who joins Middlesboro? Okay, Leslie County, but who else?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think the district might be: Prestonsburg, Russell, Betsy Layne, Bath County

I don't like 4 team districts. I think playoff spots should be earned. That would hurt Betsy Layne. Now they play in probably the easiest district in the state with one of the easiest schedules. This would be a step up in competition.
Gitback Coach Wrote:How do you create a AA District 6 out of those classifications?

Who joins Middlesboro? Okay, Leslie County, but who else?

M'boro

Leslie

Clinton

Somerset

That would be my guess, they are going to have to ship some of the Central Ky 2A schools East in order to have two regions.
StrayBullet Wrote:Lawrence
Bell
Belfry
Fort Campbell
Mason Co.
Maybe Sheldon Clark and Paducah Tilghman

What about these teams as well:
Elizabethtown
Central(Louisville)
Cats02 Wrote:What about these teams as well:
Elizabethtown
Central(Louisville)

E'town has been somewhat down as of late but Central should for sure be on the list.
William Muney Wrote:M'boro

Leslie

Clinton

Somerset

That would be my guess, they are going to have to ship some of the Central Ky 2A schools East in order to have two regions.

How far would the drive be from Clinton County to Middlesboro be? That has to be close to a 3 hour drive for a district game! OUCH!
lwc Wrote:How far would the drive be from Clinton County to Middlesboro be? That has to be close to a 3 hour drive for a district game! OUCH!

2.5 but at any rate long. Not sure any other way to do it? Someone is going to traveling long distances in every EKY 2A district either way.
cj2561 Wrote:When LCA Hazard will make it to the title game more now. LCA was the rock in the road. That was a good little rival. With LCA 3-2.
But on the other hand Raceland will like to see them move up. LCA always beat Raceland in the reg title game the last few years.

I don't see Highland moving down to 4A, If they wanted to play in 4A they would have started in it.

If Bell Co. move down to 3A. There isn;t that many teams in 3A that is up there with Bell Co. right now.
They have more teams in diffen classes, but these is the ones i can remember off the top of my head.

As others have stated, Highlands will have absolutely no say in playing up to 5A. They will definitely NOT be permitted to play up to 5A, as they will not be geographically isolated in 4A.

What's more intriguing to me is that there are 41 teams in 4A and 40 teams in 3A. With Highlands being the smallest 4A school, do you think there are a bunch of 3A schools glad and a bunch of 4A schools upset that the KHSAA put 41 in 4A and 40 in 3A, as opposed to 41 in 3A (which would have moved Highlands to 3A) and 40 in 4A? Maybe Dudley has a lot of pull with the KHSAA afterall. Confusedhh:
5A looks way different without Highlands and Owensboro. I see the balance of power shifting to the west in 5A with teams like Bowling Green, Christian County, Hopkinsville, Graves County, Apollo.
Not discouting John Hardin or Pulaski, but it looks like there's going to be more good teams in the west.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Who are the five you think?

3A also has Louisville Central as well.
I think Letcher could make some noise in the 4A pending how they do the districts.
3A got A WHOLE LOT better
Pigskinman53 Wrote:3A got A WHOLE LOT better

If they move Fort Campbell and Bell Co. to 3A. We know who will be in the title game ever year.
charlie22 Wrote:As others have stated, Highlands will have absolutely no say in playing up to 5A. They will definitely NOT be permitted to play up to 5A, as they will not be geographically isolated in 4A.

What's more intriguing to me is that there are 41 teams in 4A and 40 teams in 3A. With Highlands being the smallest 4A school, do you think there are a bunch of 3A schools glad and a bunch of 4A schools upset that the KHSAA put 41 in 4A and 40 in 3A, as opposed to 41 in 3A (which would have moved Highlands to 3A) and 40 in 4A? Maybe Dudley has a lot of pull with the KHSAA afterall. Confusedhh:

Highlands will go wherever Cov Cath is. If the KHSAA would have put them in 3A they could have -- and would have -- moved up to 4A.

I bet the Birds would play Dudley's team on a dry field anywhere in the state if he wanted to.
Rumors are that no one will be allowed to play up.............
hooaah Wrote:5A looks way different without Highlands and Owensboro. I see the balance of power shifting to the west in 5A with teams like Bowling Green, Christian County, Hopkinsville, Graves County, Apollo.
Not discouting John Hardin or Pulaski, but it looks like there's going to be more good teams in the west.

If Conner can get it together, they could be a major player in the east.
I know there's no chance of it ever being considered, but man, this whole reclassification and redistricting process would make MUCH more sense with a five-class system . . . or only allowing two playoff berths per district.

I know; not very PC.
Old School Wrote:Here's a listing of the 2011-2014 Classifacation Ranking. It is my understanding that the district can not be determined until some schools decide if they are going to play up.

http://www.lcni5.com/2/053/sourcepix/ByClass.JPG

so if that would be right would this be a fair district owen .gallatin.trimble.carrol.walton
What are the odds of Ky going to a system where all private schools compete in their own class?
rebel 4 life Wrote:so if that would be right would this be a fair district owen .gallatin.trimble.carrol.walton

I'm not familiar with any of these schools, so I can not say one way or another.
In class A, the west will be a battle between Mayfield and Beechwood. The east gets considerably easier with Hazard and Raceland being yearly favorites and In a given year Pikeville, Harlan, and Williamsburg can compete for a shot at the title game.
Panther Thunder Wrote:In class A, the west will be a battle between Mayfield and Beechwood. The east gets considerably easier with Hazard and Raceland being yearly favorites and In a given year Pikeville, Harlan, and Williamsburg can compete for a shot at the title game.

Also Class will be adding Russellville if they choose to play in class a. That could be a very dangerous team from the west.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5