Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best QB's Ever to Play at Your School
Jonny Pizzle Wrote:I think Paul was good all the time. Given, he did do some stuff, but he still was the MVP of the team and main reason we got so many offensive yards.

I don't know if you all or jealous or what, but he's a good QB.

Paul was the main reason we did so sucky. he was the sole reason we lost the Magoffin Co. game cause he didnt throw the ball to Kyle Fletcher, Andrew or Moka when they were wide open. and him getting MVP was just a Fluke.
i was kidding about watson ritchie but matt branham was the best
theswag Wrote:
Jonny Pizzle Wrote:I think Paul was good all the time. Given, he did do some stuff, but he still was the MVP of the team and main reason we got so many offensive yards.

Paul was the main reason we did so sucky. he was the sole reason we lost the Magoffin Co. game cause he didnt throw the ball to Kyle Fletcher, Andrew or Moka when they were wide open. and him getting MVP was just a Fluke.

I still don't know what you are talking about. How is he the reason we did so sucky? I like how everyone remembers when he did something wrong but seemingly forgets when he does something good. Against Sheldon Clark, he was a big reason we won that game. He picked apart the SC secondary in the 2nd half and ran the ball good with his legs.

Quit trying to blame the 2-8 record on one man that looked like he did alot of the work. It's a team effort, Paul didn't go 2-8 and isnt the reason we sucked. Everyone played a fair part in that Mr. Swag.... Except you, you were too busy watching from the bench :wink:
Jonny Pizzle Wrote:
theswag Wrote:

I still don't know what you are talking about. How is he the reason we did so sucky? I like how everyone remembers when he did something wrong but seemingly forgets when he does something good. Against Sheldon Clark, he was a big reason we won that game. He picked apart the SC secondary in the 2nd half and ran the ball good with his legs.

Quit trying to blame the 2-8 record on one man that looked like he did alot of the work. It's a team effort, Paul didn't go 2-8 and isnt the reason we sucked. Everyone played a fair part in that Mr. Swag.... Except you, you were too busy watching from the bench :wink:

im so sorry for having Meningitis and almost being paralyzed. did that inconvenience you in any way? if it did, im very sorry, i was busy having a 4 inch needle driven into my spine to get a sample of spinal fluid. And you know very good that i played every chance i could.
Swag, I understand you had menengitis... but when you were healthy on the field... you didn't get any playing time either. You might have gotten in when they couldn't find the right person, but thats where it ends at.
Jonny Pizzle Wrote:Swag, I understand you had menengitis... but when you were healthy on the field... you didn't get any playing time either. You might have gotten in when they couldn't find the right person, but thats where it ends at.

Apparently you dont understand.... i played every chance i got. i was second string Defense for Steve Thacker. When Big Steve needed a break, i was on the field for him. I also played in Brock Taylors position, just not as much as i did for Big Steve.
And i dont think you played much either. What did JP play, IF he played at all?
Don't worry about me Swag.... Most of the time I saw that Keith Miller kid playing nose when Steve needed a break. Or did I imagine that? :roll:
Jonny Pizzle Wrote:Don't worry about me Swag.... Most of the time I saw that Keith Miller kid playing nose when Steve needed a break. Or did I imagine that? :roll:

yeah, im pretty sure you imagined that, unless it was one of the later games when they started putting David and Keith on nose when I was tired after playing for Steve
Big Grin
Big Grin dont forget Jermy Hollbrook rednek
Justin McCurry was not only the best quarterback I've seen come from my school, he was one of the best if not THE best to come out of the 15th region. He had the arm, he was quick, he definitely had the smarts(his numbers showed that)!!!!! He had the exact tools any young man needs to advance to the next level.
Justin McCurry was not only the best quarterback I've seen come from my school, he was one of the best if not THE best to come out of the 15th region. He had the arm, he was quick, he definitely had the smarts(his numbers showed that)!!!!! He had the exact tools any young man needs to advance to the next level.
ttt
Ian Holbrook is probably the best ever at Ashland now.
jessie watts from sheldon clark used to hold the national record for passing yards in a single game in the early 90's it was 600+ i think matney's prodigy can get the exact #
TEAM Wrote:Justin McCurry was not only the best quarterback I've seen come from my school, he was one of the best if not THE best to come out of the 15th region. He had the arm, he was quick, he definitely had the smarts(his numbers showed that)!!!!! He had the exact tools any young man needs to advance to the next level.

McCurry was a lot like the Pike Central team. Very, very average are the kindest words you can get out of me.
I was the greatest Wrote:jessie watts from sheldon clark used to hold the national record for passing yards in a single game in the early 90's it was 600+ i think matney's prodigy can get the exact #

wow.. 600 yards passing in a high school game is quite impressive. I wonder who holds the record now?
From Sheldon Clark 2 names come to mind when you talk of great quaterbacks. #1 would have to be Jessie Watts because he did set the national record for passing yards in a single game (651 yards in 1991 against Allen Central). #2 I think should be Nathan Moore. He did not have the biggest numbers but was a winner in every sense. He always played his best games in the biggest games (just ask P'burg and Ashland). Others that could be mentioned are Harley Hammonds a very hard nosed football player that had a nack for winning, and was on 98 regional championship team. Kendrick Damron could be mentioned, but he was not a great QB, just a good football player. Was probabley better defensive player, but played very smart and was as hard nosed as they come.
torQQue Wrote:wow.. 600 yards passing in a high school game is quite impressive. I wonder who holds the record now?

David Koral of Pacific Palisades set a national single-game passing record a couple years ago. Koral completed 39 of 59 passes for 764 yards and seven touchdowns in a game against Grant (Van Nuys) California. That was in 2000 I believe.
Sheldon Clark- Harley Hammonds
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:David Koral of Pacific Palisades set a national single-game passing record a couple years ago. Koral completed 39 of 59 passes for 764 yards and seven touchdowns in a game against Grant (Van Nuys) California. That was in 2000 I believe.

Impressive. Thats season like stats in one game.. I would love to have a video of that game. What highlight film that would make.
mike caba
Justin McCurry...in a short PC history.
Tony Mays from Paintsville (Class of 82').
ttt
FATMAN Wrote:mike caba

I concur withe Fatman on this. Great talent in Mike and his father as coach.
At Prestonsburg probably Joey Willis 2001 State team, Ratliff 1993 state team which my uncle played on, and Trevor Compton
Aaron Mitchell from a couple years ago at Lynn Camp. He was All state. Im not really to sure about his stats. I just know that he was great.
BCF who was the uncle that played on that team?
TERMINATOR X Wrote:Tony Mays from Paintsville (Class of 82').

I strongly agree with Tony at Paintsville