Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What jobs are opening?
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I actually watched them play twice this season. Both games, turnovers and their defense got them beat. But, most of these kids have yet to mature. An off season in the weight room and a spring and summer of conditioning, and these kids will be ready to play some football next fall.

Now, for the defense. Burchett cannot take care of everything on the team. Every good head coach in the state has a good supporting cast around him. Powell needs a good D coordinator to take some of the work load off of Burchett's shoulders. Plain and simple. Kinks will be ironed out in the off season and this team will be ready to roll in the fall. Granted, they won't be a state contender in the second year under a new head coach and a new offense, but I'd say you will be seeing and hearing about a completely different football team this time next season. Losses to teams like Lewis Co., Morgan Co., Estill Co., and possibly even Breathitt Co. will be a thing of the past.
First off the Hardy kid was a senior, by far their player. He single handidly won the game against Magoffin, he had some wheels. They lose the big Brewer kid too and he was tough. They said in the crowd a couple of linemen you had started for 4 years. 'Little more varsity experience then you let on here. This was supposed to the THE TEAM for Powell. Go back through all the Powell threads before this season, look who all they posted was returning who was starters or had varsity experience. Read it for yourself. Everyone from Powell predicted 8 wins with all they had returning, now that was before they lost their coach and the Rose kid. Estill returns EVERYONE, Lewis was young and turned on late, Morgan started 7 freshman. So all these teams like...as you say, will all be better as well.
Estill only loses 5. but we return all of our RB's and QB and most of our offensive and defensive line. we are gonna be good the next 2 years.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:First off the Hardy kid was a senior, by far their player. He single handidly won the game against Magoffin, he had some wheels. They lose the big Brewer kid too and he was tough. They said in the crowd a couple of linemen you had started for 4 years. 'Little more varsity experience then you let on here. This was supposed to the THE TEAM for Powell. Go back through all the Powell threads before this season, look who all they posted was returning who was starters or had varsity experience. Read it for yourself. Everyone from Powell predicted 8 wins with all they had returning, now that was before they lost their coach and the Rose kid. Estill returns EVERYONE, Lewis was young and turned on late, Morgan started 7 freshman. So all these teams like...as you say, will all be better as well.

And you obviously didn't hear that Burchett kicked 4 starters off the team for not attending practice. Add the loss of the Rose kid and you are back to square one. A team primarily made up of Freshman and Sophmores who have very little experience on the field and in the weightroom. Burchett came in 4 or 5 weeks before the season started and put in a completely different offense than what these kid's were used to. Now they get a season in a new system under their belts, an offseason of weight lifting and conditioning, the spring and summer to LEARN this new offense and the complicated blocking techniques and you have a team that went from having a 2-9 record to one with a 9-2 record. Losing to teams like Estill, Magoffin, and Lewis will be a thing of the past. Burchett will instill a winning attitude within the program and winning will become a tradition instead of just having a good year. Trust me. I played for the man and have been around many of the teams he has coached.
the players that we have returning. all have experience. Estill will be good for the next 2 years. but im sure that we can all agree on 1 thing and that is Breathitt loses Fugate and Haddix and they will be down.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:First off the Hardy kid was a senior, by far their player. He single handidly won the game against Magoffin, he had some wheels. They lose the big Brewer kid too and he was tough. They said in the crowd a couple of linemen you had started for 4 years. 'Little more varsity experience then you let on here. This was supposed to the THE TEAM for Powell. Go back through all the Powell threads before this season, look who all they posted was returning who was starters or had varsity experience. Read it for yourself. Everyone from Powell predicted 8 wins with all they had returning, now that was before they lost their coach and the Rose kid. Estill returns EVERYONE, Lewis was young and turned on late, Morgan started 7 freshman. So all these teams like...as you say, will all be better as well.
Hardy had a great game vs Magoffin but to say he single handidly won the game..... There was some great blocking going on. Hardy is a very good player but he missed several games hurt. Brewer is tough too but he came out late and was hurt several games also. Brewer is also a great kid and very good football player. I know you are proud of last years season but did you see a single Powell game this year? The remaining kids were let down by the previous coaching staff and administration. You are right about Estill and Morgan being stronger next year but if Powell can get help with defense and keep its players out the Pirates can compete with everyone on the schedule. Burchett can get it done, but he needs help.
There has been a lot of chatter on other boards as to whether Randy Wyatt should or will be back at Paducah Tilghman. PT is now 5-6. My sense is he will get another year to get it into positive territory. But losing to McLean County is not good for job security in Tornadotown. PT loses just 2-3 senior starters for 2010.
Kenny Roark resigns allowing the bionic man to come back to his Alma mater. Lee Majors the new head coach at Middlesboro High school:notworthyTongueirateSho
attacktheV Wrote:Kenny Roark resigns allowing the bionic man to come back to his Alma mater. Lee Majors the new head coach at Middlesboro High school:notworthyTongueirateSho

6 million dollar man \ bionic woman
attacktheV Wrote:Kenny Roark resigns allowing the bionic man to come back to his Alma mater. Lee Majors the new head coach at Middlesboro High school:notworthyTongueirateSho

Why does everybody want to get rid of Ken Roark???? All he has ever done there is win. He won the state title. He has went to multiple regional titles, etc. Whats the deal?
KYcoalminer Wrote:Why does everybody want to get rid of Ken Roark???? All he has ever done there is win. He won the state title. He has went to multiple regional titles, etc. Whats the deal?

If you don't live here you wouldn't understand. 50 tickets sold home games. Multiple other things.
Speaking on the Jenkins position, Coach Maggard was given that job knowing that there would be little success the first year. The community of Jenkins is patient, and with the help of a new weight room, and now a chance of a year round conditioning, and weight lifting, the cavs will get better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Snare43 Wrote:If you don't live here you wouldn't understand. 50 tickets sold home games. Multiple other things.

Just wondering why? Is that the coaches fault that only 50 tickets were sold for home games? Or the fans fault? What has the coach done to warrant getting rid of? Seems to me that you would be getting rid of a football coach that wins games?
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Will Jenkins be open again?
I would love to one day coach at a school like jenkins. It would be awesome to build a once proud program up and then take it to new heights.
Bring back Paintsville Tiger football.:please:
South Laurel needs to evaluate and they will see that they need to open this job back up.
Always looking to move on and get that break into the college level, probably never happen, but he thinks it will.
Would you hire him?
KYcoalminer Wrote:Just wondering why? Is that the coaches fault that only 50 tickets were sold for home games? Or the fans fault? What has the coach done to warrant getting rid of? Seems to me that you would be getting rid of a football coach that wins games?

Yes it is. The football team has lost most of it supporters over the years due to many issues all laying at the feet of Roark. You have to put a product on the field and run your program the right way to have support. He does not do either.
If they are smart and think about their football program, getting it back to a winning team, the Paintsville High School Head Coach job should be open.
bump
Saw on another site that Dunbar in lexington is open? Didnt they just hire a new coach?
KYcoalminer Wrote:Saw on another site that Dunbar in lexington is open? Didnt they just hire a new coach?

i don't know about the Head Coach but one of there Assistants left after the season was over and came back to Estill County.
Which assistant was that?
KYcoalminer Wrote:Which assistant was that?

Byron Smoot
Fleming in open
Hearing that Parsons from BL is being looked at in the Fleming job.
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:Put in for HC job , Larkey won't be there long. Would love to see him at north. Maybe make noth into something more . TAG TEAM BABY. With your call's on here you will surely geat the job.

I talked to Larkey recently, according to him with this big class of fresh/soph/ and even 8th graders coming up he wants to stay due to the fact they will be the team to beat in this region of 5A come 2-3 Years. :Thumbs:
Pride and Football Wrote:I talked to Larkey recently, according to him with this big class of fresh/soph/ and even 8th graders coming up he wants to stay due to the fact they will be the team to beat in this region of 5A come 2-3 Years. :Thumbs:
I guarentee that overall:Thumbs:
rocket01 Wrote:I guarentee that overall:Thumbs:
NEXT YEAR will be Harlan County's possible run to the regional championship game.
From what I've seen and heard, Maggard isn't going anywhere. He's already working our boys hard in the weight room and has assured them all that he's staying. What about the staff at LCC? I hear Hillard isn't the only change. Is it true they're looking for someone to work with the receivers?