Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 58 Mercer Co. 24
I would third that idea BHS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I'll tell you all why he did it. Mercer was on channel 27 saying that they were going to beat Breathitt and use them as a statement game, so Holcomb made a statement with them. I don't blame him.:rockon:
bobcatmom1 Wrote:I'll tell you all why he did it. Mercer was on channel 27 saying that they were going to beat Breathitt and use them as a statement game, so Holcomb made a statement with them. I don't blame him.:rockon:

Amen
You guys don't get it. It's not that Breathitt ran up the score, who cares? I don't. But the fact that Breathitt's starters where left in the game so late when they have a chance at a state championship and one their players could have possibly been injured and put out for the entire season. That's what me and EKUAlum are saying.

But I'm putting it to rest and this is my last comment over this.
that was just to check the condition of his starters, to make sure they were in a good full game condtioning. they will be in some tight games in the future and will not be able to leave the game, couch holcomb was making sure they were ready.
bobcatmom1 Wrote:I'll tell you all why he did it. Mercer was on channel 27 saying that they were going to beat Breathitt and use them as a statement game, so Holcomb made a statement with them. I don't blame him.:rockon:

So Coach Holcomb wanted to be more immature than Mercer County.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You guys don't get it. It's not that Breathitt ran up the score, who cares? I don't. But the fact that Breathitt's starters where left in the game so late when they have a chance at a state championship and one their players could have possibly been injured and put out for the entire season. That's what me and EKUAlum are saying.

But I'm putting it to rest and this is my last comment over this.

Let him keep fugate in all 48 minutes or more, their is no way he is breaking the rushing record, but could possibly break a leg or ankle in the process and out breathitt's title shot. ignorance must learn the hard way.
Mercer didnt even use its passing game or starting runningback because tehy didnt want to show anythihng in a non district game.. This game could have been ALOT closer.. when mercer did pass they were very successful. And the completions were to Matthew Honchel and Shawn Massey..idk where you all got Dakoda and john from
UCFB Wrote:Let him keep fugate in all 48 minutes or more, their is no way he is breaking the rushing record, but could possibly break a leg or ankle in the process and out breathitt's title shot. ignorance must learn the hard way.

Yes he can break the record.
Preach on......
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Preach on......

Was it the players or the coaches.
Here is exactly what was said by a Mercer County player:

"A lot of people underrate us, they don't see what we see at practice and when we come out for Breathitt County, people are going to notice a whole lot more."

-Devan Majors - Mercer Co. OL

http://www.wkyt.com/27teams

I certainly didn't see where anyone said they where going to beat Breathitt and make an example out of them.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Here is exactly what was said by a Mercer County player:

"A lot of people underrate us, they don't see what we see at practice and when we come out for Breathitt County, people are going to notice a whole lot more."

I certainly didn't see where anyone said they where going to beat Breathitt and make an example out of them.

Any adult that feels like this is a legitimate reason for Coach Holcomb to run the score up on Mercer County lacks intelligence. Any coach that would run the score up on whatever a teenager may have said shows no class. I do not know the reason that Coach Holcomb ran the score up nor do I care, but there has been several comments on this thread stating that he was justified in doing this because of this statement by a Mercer County player. Sounds like Breathitt County and Bell County fans have developed attitude problems due to their successes.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Here is exactly what was said by a Mercer County player:

TY for some facts BCA!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I've been watching Breathitt for years and if that's true about the TV station thing then I'm sure that made for great Locker Room material before the game, but I've seen COach Holcomb leave his starters in several games going late in the 4th quarter with the game well in hand so I doubt that's teh reason he left them in. He would have anyways regardless of the TV station material.