Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt Co. 58 Mercer Co. 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Congrats Bobcats!

Not sure why Holcomb left his starters in so long and where still throwing it as well when Breathitt was in total control of the game and up by 25+ points.

Very unsportsmanlike IMO.
Nice!!!
-Channing Fugate had 5 total touchdowns and had 14 carries for 204 yards.
-Jade Haddix went 5-8 104 yards, not sure on how many touchdowns.
-Fletcher had 3td receptions for Breathitt.
Congrats Breathitt
They should had won a team that went 6-6 last year. It was bad to run the score up on Mercer Co. I guess he had to run the score up to make a point. Its hard to make a point against a weak opponent!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Congrats Bobcats!

Not sure why Holcomb left his starters in so long and where still throwing it as well when Breathitt was in total control of the game and up by 25+ points.

The Mercer County team never gave up and were hitting late and were not "playing nice..." and made Holcomb mad I guess...lol Mercer has some good players and are a better team than this score indicates. As bad as this score is, Breathitt made many mistakes or it could have been much worse.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:-Channing Fugate had 5 total touchdowns and had 14 carries for 204 yards.
-Jade Haddix went 5-8 104 yards, not sure on how many touchdowns.
-Fletcher had 3td receptions for Breathitt.
I thought that the announcer said he had 6 total touchdowns...But I could be wrong.
Congrats BC!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:They should had won a team that went 6-6 last year. It was bad to run the score up on Mercer Co. I guess he had to run the score up to make a point. Its hard to make a point against a weak opponent!
Hilton has never run the score up on an "under-manned" opponent...?" He did it against Breathitt on a couple different occasions and has done it to others. This is no surprise, Holcomb has done this for years, but you would have had to be there to understand the circumstances.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:They should had won a team that went 6-6 last year. It was bad to run the score up on Mercer Co. I guess he had to run the score up to make a point. Its hard to make a point against a weak opponent!

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=27627

Congrats to Breathitt Co.
Do you people EVER understand that Bell Co's middle school team could score on some of them teams Mama Bear. Bell's Freshman and JV players atleast score them points on them teams. They do want playing time too. Holcomb left HIS STARTERS in, Bell doesnt!! Good God you people never learn the difference.
So now your saying Breathitt is scared to play Bell Co now? Afraid Bells JV might score on his Varsity defense?
Let's make sure we keep this on-topic.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Congrats Bobcats!

Holcomb has a history of this kind of stuff. I guess its an ego thing. What comes around goes around.
After having the night to sleep on it, I would have to say that Breathitt had a lot to work on as far as mistakes and used the second half of the Mercer Co. game as a live "full speed scrimmage\practice" to correct some problems that were evident in the 1st half. Both teams played hard. As I said earlier, Mercer has some very good players and while Breathitt is not "scary" good at this point, the are "very" good and both teams will only improve. Also, I was thinking of several occasions Friday night that the scores were farther apart and nothing was said, and the same goes for last season (EX. Estill v. Taylor) (Green Co. vs. Taylor).
Not a bad start to the season. Congrats Breathett
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Do you people EVER understand that Bell Co's middle school team could score on some of them teams Mama Bear. Bell's Freshman and JV players atleast score them points on them teams. They do want playing time too. Holcomb left HIS STARTERS in, Bell doesnt!! Good God you people never learn the difference.
Starters were kept in because the starters needed the practice in a full speed game condition due to the many mistakes that were making.
I think Channing also had a punt or a kickoff return for a touchdown also.
Breathitt Co. 58 Mercer Co. 24

Forcht Bank Bowl at Campbellsville
Breathitt Co. 23 7 14 14 58

Mercer Co. 7 0 7 10 24

Scoring summary:
BC--Channing Fugate 90 kickoff return (Billy Davis kick); BC--Fugate 35 run (Tyler Little pass from Zach Epperson); MC--Tre Dunn 35 pass Dakoda Halcomb (J.J. Balu kick); BC--Safety, quarterback sacked in end zone; BC--Fugate 49 run (kick failed); BC--Josh Fletcher 18 pass from Jade Haddix (Davis kick); MC--Halcomb 10 run (Balu kick); BC--Fugate 10 run (Epperson run); BC--Fugate 43 punt return (kick failed); MC--Balu 30 field goal; BC--Fletcher 20 pass from Haddix (Davis kick); MC--John Mackey 20 pass from Dunn (Balu kick); BC--Fletcher 44 pass from Haddix (Davis kick).
Records: Breathitt Co. 1-0, Mercer Co. 0-1.
Stardust Wrote:Breathitt Co. 58 Mercer Co. 24

Mercer Co. 7 0 7 10 24

Scoring summary:
BC--Channing Fugate 90 kickoff return (Billy Davis kick); BC--Fugate 35 run (Tyler Little pass from Zach Epperson); MC--Tre Dunn 35 pass Dakoda Halcomb (J.J. Balu kick); BC--Safety, quarterback sacked in end zone; BC--Fugate 49 run (kick failed); BC--Josh Fletcher 18 pass from Jade Haddix (Davis kick); MC--Halcomb 10 run (Balu kick); BC--Fugate 10 run (Epperson run); BC--Fugate 43 punt return (kick failed); MC--Balu 30 field goal; BC--Fletcher 20 pass from Haddix (Davis kick); MC--John Mackey 20 pass from Dunn (Balu kick); BC--Fletcher 44 pass from Haddix (Davis kick).
Good stat work Star....
Breathitt!!!! way to go. I never heard Holcomb whine when he was taking his whoopins on down years, so they are strong now and its their turn again.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Good stat work Star....

TY - little tougher finding them than it was over Basketball season
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Do you people EVER understand that Bell Co's middle school team could score on some of them teams Mama Bear. Bell's Freshman and JV players atleast score them points on them teams. They do want playing time too. Holcomb left HIS STARTERS in, Bell doesnt!! Good God you people never learn the difference.

Was you there?
Stardust Wrote:Breathitt Co. 58 Mercer Co. 24

Mercer Co. 7 0 7 10 24

Scoring summary:

Well it is obvious that in the 4th Quarter leading 51-24 that not only were Breathitt's starters in, but they were throwing the ball looking for the home run.

To each their own, but if Haddix, Fugate, or Fletcher gets injured in a game like this I am sure Holcomb will change his mind real quick.

You can spare me the "starters were making mistakes" excuse. It is clear that Breathitt was looking to score TD's and score them as quickly as possible. Plus, it's the 1st game of the season, EVERY TEAM'S STARTERS ARE MAKING MISTAKES.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Let's make sure we keep this on-topic.

Remember this after next weekend.LOL.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Well it is obvious that in the 4th Quarter leading 51-24 that not only were Breathitt's starters in, but they were throwing the ball looking for the home run.

To each their own, but if Haddix, Fugate, or Fletcher gets injured in a game like this I am sure Holcomb will change his mind real quick.

You can spare me the "starters were making mistakes" excuse. It is clear that Breathitt was looking to score TD's and score them as quickly as possible. Plus, it's the 1st game of the season, EVERY TEAM'S STARTERS ARE MAKING MISTAKES.

I agree.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Well it is obvious that in the 4th Quarter leading 51-24 that not only were Breathitt's starters in, but they were throwing the ball looking for the home run.

No excuses here, just my opinion and yours is no better or worse than mine. The game was within 27 points and Mercer still had their starters in, and they could score quickly on Breathitts backups, so why take the chance of a comeback of any kind? As far as passing, they had 11 men up and there was really no other choice. Get over yourself as far as posting "spare me .....blah, blah, blah", there where more lopsided games than this one. I agree every teams starters are making mistakes, but get over this, it is not a big deal. Go Bobcats
BOBCAT Wrote:Remember this after next weekend.LOL.
Wink

Like I said in the updates thread, I can understand leaving in the starting defense, but still throwing the ball and keeping your starting offense in is a questionable decision.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:No excuses here, just my opinion and yours is no better or worse than mine. The game was within 27 points and Mercer still had their starters in, and they could score quickly on Breathitts backups, so why take the chance of a comeback of any kind? As far as passing, they had 11 men up and there was really no other choice. Get over yourself as far as posting "spare me .....blah, blah, blah", there where more lopsided games than this one. I agree every teams starters are making mistakes, but get over this, it is not a big deal. Go Bobcats

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Wink

Like I said in the updates thread, I can understand leaving in the starting defense, but still throwing the ball and keeping your starting offense in is a questionable decision.
Understood. Who knows why he does it, but it is not the first time nor will it be the last time it happens, so why are people so "up in arms" about this? Mercer Co. had a coach push a Breathitt player right in front of me and that may be why he did it, but I think he is never comfortable with a lead unless it is 40+
BOBCAT Wrote:Remember this after next weekend.LOL.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Understood. Who knows why he does it, but it is not the first time nor will it be the last time it happens, so why are people so "up in arms" about this? Mercer Co. had a coach push a Breathitt player right in front of me and that may be why he did it, but I think he is never comfortable with a lead unless it is 40+

Only reason why I question it is because what if a player gets hurt in a game where his team is in total control with little time remaining.
Pages: 1 2 3