Poll: Who wins the District Title?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
72.32%
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
27.68%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Sheldon Clark - Oct. 24
sc qb can throw under pressure..
I think Sheldon Clark wins this one on there home field last time Belfry played at Sheldon Clark 2 years ago Sheldon Clark won, I know these are diffent teams Belfry barely got past Lawrence County Sheldon Clark won 30-12, and if Belfry played Bell County Belfry would get beet bad to, I think Sheldon Clark will pull this one out and send the pirates a 2nd place spot in the playoffs.
I am a supporter of SC from afar. I live in Charleston, WV but have an interest in the SC program. I feel that they have an excellent group of young men that like to play the game, and they have done very well this year. Let us forget Bell County; that is in the past and we must look forward to Belfry.

In MHO our guys should pay absolutely no attention to the prognosticators, for no one knows who is definitely going to win Friday night. SC must go out and play their very best and "let the chips fall where they may." If my reasoning is correct, the purpose of actually playing the game is to see which team performs better on the FIELD!

May both SC and Belfry finish the game with no injuries.
BatCat11 Wrote:I think this game will be a better week for the cards with it being a home game and homecoming i see them coming out and playing to their potential. The cards are a good team this year and i dont care what anyone says their 7-1 and i see them winning a close one against the old pond creek nation. Should be a good game hope to see some of the Belfry BGR family members at the game.

it isnt homecoming.

paintsville is senior night and homecoming.
cheerforlife Wrote:it isnt homecoming.

paintsville is senior night and homecoming.

YES IT IS HOMECOMING
No It Isnt!!!.

This Game Is Not Homecoming Ask The Principal And Cheerleading Coaches!!.
cheerforlife Wrote:No It Isnt!!!.

This Game Is Not Homecoming Ask The Principal And Cheerleading Coaches!!.

THE LAST GAME OF OCT HAS ALWAYS BEEN HOMECOMING
According to the athletlic director Homecoming will be held on the same night as Senior Night against Paintsville No. 7. That is a fact.Confusedmoke:
Jed Clampett Wrote:According to the athletlic director Homecoming will be held on the same night as Senior Night against Paintsville No. 7. That is a fact.Confusedmoke:

OK. THAT IS GOING TO BE A COLD NIGHT
Jed Clampett Wrote:According to the athletlic director Homecoming will be held on the same night as Senior Night against Paintsville No. 7. That is a fact.Confusedmoke:

thank you!.
Belfry 35
Sheldon Clark 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Belfry 35
Sheldon Clark 0
:Angry07:You may hit a nerve with that post!! LOOK OUT AFUS21:Angry07:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
SC 35 Belfry 24 cards with the huge win!!!:notworthy
schs_06 Wrote:FIRST BELFRY SHOULD HAVE MORE DEPTH AND SHOULD HAVE MORE RUNNING BACK.
BUT WHO HAS BELFRY PLAYED TO SAY THEY HAVE A BETTER LINE. AND THE TURF BULL CRAP DOESNT MATTER IF BELFRY PLAYED MORE ON IT. MY FIRST TIME PLAYING ON TURF WAS AT MOREHEAD. I REALLY DIDNT PLAY ANY DIFFRENT

And just why should Belfry have more depth and more running backs?
Belfry advantages:
-Everyone wants to question Belfry's schedule and rightfully so, but everyone also forgets that Belfry returns numerous key players who are 2 or 3 year starters who have played in monster games, including last year's state title game.

- Senior QB Andrew Elkins in his 3rd season as starter, over SC's Soph QB. The SC QB has great promise, but Elkins runs the game and offense at an elite level.

- Depth... in a big way...it is especially important in a physical game like this will be.

-Balance... Belfry by design will run the ball 90% of the time, but the Pirates have a stable of about 5 different backs with the ability to break it on any given play, this puts a TON of stress on the defense. Add in the fact that Belfry's passing game looks as good as ever with an experienced QB.

-History....Belfry returns alot (just as many if not more starters than SC) from a team who absolutely drilled SC twice last season. It is also worth mentioning that SC has only defeated Belfry a total of 3 times in school history, two of those being controversial upsets on the last play of the game. The Pirates will be focused for this game and will not be overlooking their first true test of the season, this has not bode very wll for SC in the past.

-Haywood... I'll take the teacher over the pupil anytime the stakes are as high as this one.

-Line play.... in a big way.

-Team speed.
wooderson Wrote:And just why should Belfry have more depth and more running backs?

Because they have a better all around team...Big Grin Wink
schs_06 Wrote:FIRST BELFRY SHOULD HAVE MORE DEPTH AND SHOULD HAVE MORE RUNNING BACK.
BUT WHO HAS BELFRY PLAYED TO SAY THEY HAVE A BETTER LINE. AND THE TURF BULL CRAP DOESNT MATTER IF BELFRY PLAYED MORE ON IT. MY FIRST TIME PLAYING ON TURF WAS AT MOREHEAD. I REALLY DIDNT PLAY ANY DIFFRENT
What I was saying with the homefield advantage is I think the new field takes some of that away. Because the Rock was like Vipperman, the field was a different animal. Belfry plays better on turf.
Also keep this in mind, like EKU said, a lot of these guys are on the team from last year and a lot of the lineman are also. Belfry's line is really coming together and SC's line isn't as good as last year, just my honest opinion.
But SC has a good team don't get me wrong. And Holy Cross is a good win for Belfry, not great but look at the way Belfry dismantled them and its pretty good.
As for the person talking about the Lawrence County game, the Lawrence qb was out against Sheldon Clark and trust me he's a difference in that team.
As for what I said about the qb he does tend to throw high when under pressure, but he's young and its expected. By his senior year he could be a really great qb, he is already good but could be great.
Another thing is how do you think he will do under pressure of a district crown?
I mean this is his biggest game of his life so far, the Bell game was for pride but this is huge, I don't mean that as a knock for him just wondering what you guys think about that?
Also if I'm not mistaken wasn't homecomming scheduled two years ago for the Belfry game but moved to the last game of the season? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Belfry Wins Wrote:What I was saying with the homefield advantage is I think the new field takes some of that away. Because the Rock was like Vipperman, the field was a different animal. Belfry plays better on turf.
Also keep this in mind, like EKU said, a lot of these guys are on the team from last year and a lot of the lineman are also. Belfry's line is really coming together and SC's line isn't as good as last year, just my honest opinion.
But SC has a good team don't get me wrong. And Holy Cross is a good win for Belfry, not great but look at the way Belfry dismantled them and its pretty good.
As for the person talking about the Lawrence County game, the Lawrence qb was out against Sheldon Clark and trust me he's a difference in that team.
As for what I said about the qb he does tend to throw high when under pressure, but he's young and its expected. By his senior year he could be a really great qb, he is already good but could be great.
Another thing is how do you think he will do under pressure of a district crown?
I mean this is his biggest game of his life so far, the Bell game was for pride but this is huge, I don't mean that as a knock for him just wondering what you guys think about that?
Also if I'm not mistaken wasn't homecomming scheduled two years ago for the Belfry game but moved to the last game of the season? Correct me if I'm wrong.

A little of topic but shep played against Sc
anyway can wait for friday
qbdad2011 Wrote:sc qb can throw under pressure..
Yeah, but can the receivers catch under pressure?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Belfry by 24
Okay, I am tired of hearing this. Belfry WILL win, as usual. Sheldon Clark don't get your panties in a knot, this will be a good game for all the teams. Belfry's defense has been great this season! Along with the offense. And like everyone has stated before Belfry has MANY running backs to keep fresh legs going the WHOLE night. I predict Belfry 42-0!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am waiting SC fans... give me justifiable reasons as to where the Cards have any advantage in this game and/or how they have improved since Belfry beat them like a government mule last year?

EKU, I could care less who wins this one. I am only worried about my, "BOBCATS". But I did look at some of the scores of this year of teams that you both have played and Belfry hasnt beat anyone this worse than SC has, as a matter of a fact, it is SC that actually has a slight edge there.
qbdad2011 Wrote:sc qb can throw under pressure..

Then why didn't he do it against Bell County? No more Rowan Counties are on the schedule this year.
Trenches07 Wrote:EKU, I could care less who wins this one. I am only worried about my, "BOBCATS". But I did look at some of the scores of this year of teams that you both have played and Belfry hasnt beat anyone this worse than SC has, as a matter of a fact, it is SC that actually has a slight edge there.

Comparing scores gets so old that it'making me tired. Let's get to it. Belfry has a big advantage in team speed. This is one of the slower teams that SC has had, and yes I have seen them in person this year. Belfry has better players and more of them, especially in the backfield and on the offensive and defensive lines. Highlights do not tell a story, but in the few seconds I saw of Bell and SC, the Bell line dominated SC and lifted a couple of their players off the ground. This does not bode well at all for SC because Belfry's O-line is very good and they are just now jelling. Belfry has some holes on defense. They have bent a few times but they haven't broken much. SC has enough skill to gain some yards and score some points, but I do not believe they have the size or speed to keep Belfry from scoring a lot more. Belfry remembers the last time they played at SC and got beat. That year the 3-way tiebreaker still favored the Pirates. This year it is for all the marbles. Good Luck to both teams, but I see the Pirates big, 35-13.
Have to take Belfry in this one.
The lights are up on the field and they will be testing them today and tomorrow......
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry advantages:
-Everyone wants to question Belfry's schedule and rightfully so, but everyone also forgets that Belfry returns numerous key players who are 2 or 3 year starters who have played in monster games, including last year's state title game.

- Senior QB Andrew Elkins in his 3rd season as starter, over SC's Soph QB. The SC QB has great promise, but Elkins runs the game and offense at an elite level.

- Depth... in a big way...it is especially important in a physical game like this will be.

-Balance... Belfry by design will run the ball 90% of the time, but the Pirates have a stable of about 5 different backs with the ability to break it on any given play, this puts a TON of stress on the defense. Add in the fact that Belfry's passing game looks as good as ever with an experienced QB.

-History....Belfry returns alot (just as many if not more starters than SC) from a team who absolutely drilled SC twice last season. It is also worth mentioning that SC has only defeated Belfry a total of 3 times in school history, two of those being controversial upsets on the last play of the game. The Pirates will be focused for this game and will not be overlooking their first true test of the season, this has not bode very wll for SC in the past.

-Haywood... I'll take the teacher over the pupil anytime the stakes are as high as this one.

-Line play.... in a big way.

-Team speed.

If Sheldon Clark wins, every person will call it a fluke! Correct...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You do realize how many Belfry players have went to other schools in order to try to find playing time don't you?

Sheldon Clark never had an issue with taking in their own transfers.

Go ahead and name all the Belfry players who have not attended Belfry from their first day of their Freshman year.

Well I know that David Jones didn't go to Belfry middle school. He went to Matewan or how ever it is spelled. Doug Howard was should have went to Willamson but he went to Belfry. It is hard telling how many other decided to go to Belfry there senior year just to play football. All I am saying is they have alot of schools around them to get the players they need.
Name me 1 player that has transferred to Sheldon Clark?
It was said in a earlier reply that two of the three wins SC has over Belfry were controversial. One came on a two - point conversion and one came on the first play of overtime two years ago. Don't see much controvery in either of those.:rockon:
Jed Clampett Wrote:It was said in a earlier reply that two of the three wins SC has over Belfry were controversial. One came on a two - point conversion and one came on the first play of overtime two years ago. Don't see much controvery in either of those.:rockon:

Moe Spradlin crawled into the endzone on his two point conversion, very easy to see on WYMT's highlights.

The OT came down to a Dustin may run on the goalline that was ruled to be short, yet numerous people said the ball clearly crossed the goalline....