Poll: Who to beat
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
35.56%
Hazard
23.70%
Knott Central
19.26%
Letcher Central
7.41%
Other
14.07%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the better Mountain team for 2009?
Hazard will be loaded and walk through the mountains down to state and have a good shot at it when the get there. With the addition of Miller from Knox to go with Eric Back from Perry who will be eligible too, this will give them the depth they need to play with anyone. Can you say LOADED!
G Whitaker
G Back
G Kidd
G Lewis
F Warren
F Martin
F Campbell
C Jones
C Miller
Survivor Wrote:I doubt that Knott will even be in the WYMT. They are usually not in it when it's at PCC because they are so weak. So, I doubt your boys will even be playing. Hazard should win everything they play in next year with ease.

Dude..you are like border line retarted...kcc weak..no josh whitaker is weak...you seem like a good coach...you should go applie for the jbs job....but i dont know why your hating on kcc...every1 knows they are goin to be good....so quiet being mad becuase kcc has tate and hazard doesnt...but u talk all u wont on here we will find next year when the ball goes up
Survivor Wrote:It's you're not your. They let people like me post on here because I know what I'm talking about. Knott will not come close to Hazard next year. Nobody will. Hazard lost only 2 games in the state of KY this year before the state tournament. What makes you thank that adding Cox to a team that was mediocre at best can contend with the mighty Dawgs? I also heard today that Hazard is adding another great player to an already great team. Miller from Knox Central will be attending Hazard next year. I think you just may see a state championship title for the bulldogs.:rockon:

I thought u said u know what you are talking about...cody miller to hazard is like saying smart...its not goin to happen
Survivor Wrote:It's you're not your. They let people like me post on here because I know what I'm talking about. Knott will not come close to Hazard next year. Nobody will. Hazard lost only 2 games in the state of KY this year before the state tournament. What makes you thank that adding Cox to a team that was mediocre at best can contend with the mighty Dawgs? I also heard today that Hazard is adding another great player to an already great team. Miller from Knox Central will be attending Hazard next year. I think you just may see a state championship title for the bulldogs.:rockon:

So with the addition of Miller. Hazard is going to get a state title? wanna gamble on it?
anklebreaker Wrote:Dude..you are like border line retarted...kcc weak..no josh whitaker is weak...you seem like a good coach...you should go applie for the jbs job....but i dont know why your hating on kcc...every1 knows they are goin to be good....so quiet being mad becuase kcc has tate and hazard doesnt...but u talk all u wont on here we will find next year when the ball goes up

It's against the rules to call people names, but you are wrong. I'm not borderline, I'm the real deal!Smile
have no clue doesnt really matter
I hope ER makes it good next year and father than where they got to go this season.
but anybody besides valley is good for me!!!
Overrated Wrote:So with the addition of Miller. Hazard is going to get a state title? wanna gamble on it?

They are closer to it than any other mountain team, I'll put it that way. Should of made the final 4 this year easily, but upsets happen. They have the same team back with an additional big man that they need and will have another guard to take pressure off of whitaker. I would say they have a great shot.
SV all the way.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Hazard will be loaded and walk through the mountains down to state and have a good shot at it when the get there. With the addition of Miller from Knox to go with Eric Back from Perry who will be eligible too, this will give them the depth they need to play with anyone. Can you say LOADED!
G Whitaker
G Back
G Kidd
G Lewis
F Warren
F Martin
F Campbell
C Jones
C Miller

Well since we are talking about romours like this one..we will go ahead and add garrison to kcc...and if u think kcc couldnt win then...then every1 would know u dont know what u are talking about...but until miller is there then you cant put him on there
:dontthink
Survivor Wrote:I doubt that Knott will even be in the WYMT. They are usually not in it when it's at PCC because they are so weak. So, I doubt your boys will even be playing. Hazard should win everything they play in next year with ease.
Hazard didn't win it last year or the year before that. I think JBS won it and then Cox got injured . They would have gone to the all A if he hadn't got hurt He ain't playing for JBS this year and neither is Collins or Hall. Half of that team will be at KCC. They will all have a reason to play hard this year because they will get to touch the ball. If the Whitakers leave, Hazard will go nowhere.
It is people like YOU that causes people to hate Hazard..YOU have no idea what will ahppen next year, you can only hope..I am a Hazard fan ,but if I listen to YOU very much I would hate Hazard myself.... rember another school and there fans...think before you type..
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Hazard will be loaded and walk through the mountains down to state and have a good shot at it when the get there. With the addition of Miller from Knox to go with Eric Back from Perry who will be eligible too, this will give them the depth they need to play with anyone. Can you say LOADED!
G Whitaker
G Back
G Kidd
G Lewis
F Warren
F Martin
F Campbell
C Jones
C Miller

randy lewis was a senior this past year.
Speaking of pretty good mountain teams? I don't see many line-ups better than Pikeville's next season:

1-Matt Clevenger
2-Clint Stepp
3-Daniel Harmon
4-Tyler Baker
5-Deven Adams

bench-Devin Burchett, Gatlin Clark, Houston McAnallen, Patrick Keene, Anthony Evans, Blake Branham, Justin Mullins
BlueSky Wrote:Speaking of pretty good mountain teams? I don't see many line-ups better than Pikeville's next season:

1-Matt Clevenger
2-Clint Stepp
3-Daniel Harmon
4-Tyler Baker
5-Deven Adams

bench-Devin Burchett, Gatlin Clark, Houston McAnallen, Patrick Keene, Anthony Evans, Blake Branham, Justin Mullins

The only problem I see with your list is that out of two of the starters mentioned, one doesnt even go to school there, and the other might not even play. I think Pikeville will be competitive and maybe get a upset or two along the season. But I dont see them as being a top team in the mountians.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BlueSky Wrote:Speaking of pretty good mountain teams? I don't see many line-ups better than Pikeville's next season:

1-Matt Clevenger
2-Clint Stepp
3-Daniel Harmon
4-Tyler Baker
5-Deven Adams

I see 3 players on that list who weren't on Pikeville's team at the end of the year. One who didn't play all year, one who had quit, and one who played for another school.

Not saying you're wrong, but do you have concrete info about all of these players? Is Stepp definitely transferring, Harmon definitely playing, and Clark definitely rejoining the team?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hazard
liveordie20 Wrote:randy lewis was a senior this past year.

my bad, forgot they did have one senior! I'm sure someone else will come along to fill the 4 guard position.
I guess we will see what happens....
About as much as some Italian blocks found in the bottom of the river...
More Cowbell Wrote:I see 3 players on that list who weren't on Pikeville's team at the end of the year. One who didn't play all year, one who had quit, and one who played for another school.

Not saying you're wrong, but do you have concrete info about all of these players? Is Stepp definitely transferring, Harmon definitely playing, and Clark definitely rejoining the team?
I see 4. I was only talking about starters. Clint Stepp doesnt go to school at Pikeville, I dont think that Houston McAallen I have heard was going to come back. Harmon would be a very welcome player on next seasons roster. Clark quit this year. I know he has been to open gym and stuff, but I have heard that he wasnt going to be there next year. I am pretty close to the players and coaching staff at Pikeville. I dont think they even know who is going to be there next year or not until the first day of school. As far as who Pikeville should have coming back, like I said earlier, they will win some, lose some, and pull off a few upsets. If they play together as a team real good, they will be a pretty good team, but I dont know about one of the top in the mountains.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
When Pikeville adds Clint, the big Adams kid and several others will have a better oportunity to shine. I saw Adams a few times last year and had to play with a lot of double teams. If he decides to get aggressive, I just do not see many weak points on that team. But I still say Hazard is the proven team with Shelby Valley right on their heals.....
Since when is Clint coming to Pikeville?
Poor Pikeville.......He can only do one thing, no defense, no passing, just lay it in his hands . He'll shoot it!!!!!
I do not see many of our 14th region teams wanting to turn him away... Yes he will shoot it and real well. It will open good shots and better offense for Clevinger and Adams............
Something I heard over hear..
Panther Thunder Wrote:Since when is Clint coming to Pikeville?
Yea when did this come about????:confused:
Word has it Friday........
Well until there is actually, i don't know, proof of this, I wouldn't bank on it.
liveordie20 Wrote:randy lewis was a senior this past year.

I think Randy Paul is just a junior this year and will be a senior next year. I'm pretty sure that Hazard only had 1 senior this year and that's Josh Combs.
Well it is true..... No doubt...
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next