Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Wins PC Team Camp Tourney!
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, I've seen more pro-Pikeville posts on this thread than pro-Valley. It's amazing there is so much anti-Valley sentiment on this board, that a team is called a bunch of quitters just because they chose not to participate in a summer tournament.

Give congrats to Pikeville for winning the camp tourney, and give Valley the benefit of the doubt that if they didn't play, then they had a good reason.
You said it all right there. SV chose not to participate then comes on here saying that they should have won had they not gone home. That is a load of Bull. I could see it if you got beat out when you shouldn't have but when you go home you have no right to say anything about we should have won but______________(fill in with your favorite excuse).
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I agree. The last game in the 15th region tournment was a very close game. I mean it was never really out of Pikeville's reach. Though Valley may have beat up on them earlier in the year, Pikeville grew as the season went on and became the 2nd best team in the region.

I think it is fine for the Pikeville fans to say that Valley may have good competition coming from their school this coming year but save the trash talking until Pikeville proves to the region that they can beat Valley.
Good post

But it is going to happen
bigpun Wrote:You said it all right there. SV chose not to participate then comes on here saying that they should have won had they not gone home. That is a load of Bull. I could see it if you got beat out when you shouldn't have but when you go home you have no right to say anything about we should have won but______________(fill in with your favorite excuse).

I don't think any of SV's players or coaches came on here and said they would have won if they played. I know I never said anything like that, either. I think maybe a couple of posters may have said something to that effect, but they are being 'homers' just like some of the pro-Pikeville people on here. It's useless to speculate on what would've happened had Valley played and met up with Pikeville at some point in the tournament; we will simply never know.

What I objected to is calling Valley's team quitters. Like I said, I'm sure they had a good reason for not participating in the tournament, and I seriously doubt it was because they were afraid they would lose. Remember, it's a summer camp tournament, it's not all that important. If the players had obligations to the football team, if they were worn out, or if they had family vacations to get to, it doesn't matter. Not playing in the tournament still does not mean they quit.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't think any of SV's players or coaches came on here and said they would have won if they played. I know I never said anything like that, either. I think maybe a couple of posters may have said something to that effect, but they are being 'homers' just like some of the pro-Pikeville people on here. It's useless to speculate on what would've happened had Valley played and met up with Pikeville at some point in the tournament; we will simply never know.

What I objected to is calling Valley's team quitters. Like I said, I'm sure they had a good reason for not participating in the tournament, and I seriously doubt it was because they were afraid they would lose. Remember, it's a summer camp tournament, it's not all that important. If the players had obligations to the football team, if they were worn out, or if they had family vacations to get to, it doesn't matter. Not playing in the tournament still does not mean they quit.

I agree with you. Summer ball is not that important. I am sure that the Valley players and coaches do not feel as though they need to prove anything, especially during summer ball. Even if they did play summer ball and won some of the lil tournments across the region, all the JBS 'homers' (as you call them) would still be complaining about something. *Possible rant* "Blah blah blah, they should not be playing summer ball because they are just beating up on inferior competition." and since they didn't all you read on these board is "Valley is too scared to play summer ball with teams for around the area." I can figure out why this team can not get the respect that it deserves.
as long as the KHSAA continues to allow team play in the summer it will be important. Now I agree that it should not be that way. I would like to see it situated so that teams can play for 1 week and practice for 2 weeks and would love to see more kids spend time on fundamentals of the game and individual camps.

We play way too much in the summer including AAU teams and All-Star tourneys...Serious players should work on their games for a couple hours a day then go to the pool and chase chicks. LOL JMO
Agreed. By the end of next season (playoffs) these kids may be burned out on just playing the game (even if their endurance is good.
thepharmacist Wrote:as long as the KHSAA continues to allow team play in the summer it will be important. Now I agree that it should not be that way. I would like to see it situated so that teams can play for 1 week and practice for 2 weeks and would love to see more kids spend time on fundamentals of the game and individual camps.

We play way too much in the summer including AAU teams and All-Star tourneys...Serious players should work on their games for a couple hours a day then go to the pool and chase chicks. LOL JMO

I think that it shows the lack of importance of these camp tournaments when a team that has a good chance of winning the thing opts out of playing because they're tired or whatever. Obviously, no team would ever do that during the regular season, no matter if they had zero chance of winning.

Two years from now, no one will remember who won whatever camp tourney, all they'll remember will be who won the district and regionals (which Pikeville very well may do).
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If they can get better production fromtheir bigs it will make the raod a lot easier. It would also help if Ashley Hatfield didn't play like a man possessed when he plays Pikeville.
Nice job Pikeville!!