Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Wins PC Team Camp Tourney!
Pikeville captured the tournament championship at the Pikeville College Team Camp. Pikeville beat Johnson Central, Jackson City, and Knott Co. Central to win the 14 team tourney! Pikeville looked very impressive!
6'8 boy play?
Assuming you're not talking about Adams....the other "new" kid didn't play yesterday. In factg haven't seen him all week at PC camp. don't know about today.
I didn't see any new kids. They started Bell, Clevenger, Baker, Honaker, and Adams in the games I saw. Adams looked very good, and their guards were solid, but Honaker appeared to be the MVP.
How did valley do?
I heard Valley didn't play!
I saw the big kid from Pikeville play last year and thought he really improved from the year before. What grade is he in?
Adams will be a Jr.
Clevenger will also be a Jr.
Honaker and Bell will be Srs.
Not sure about Baker
It sounds like there will be some good teams from the 15th this year.
UKRULES Wrote:Adams will be a Jr.
Clevenger will also be a Jr.
Honaker and Bell will be Srs.
Not sure about Baker
Tyler Baker will be a JR
Panther Thunder Wrote:Tyler Baker will be a JR
Assuming this is the Tyler Baker that went to Cumberland and South Laurel he's a real good buddy of mine.What kind of stats is he putting up?
Why didn't all the teams play in the tourney, South Laural and Valley neither played in the tournament. Great job from Pikeville but not a true showing of all the teams that where in the camp that did not play in the tournament
meganwillis10 Wrote:Why didn't all the teams play in the tourney, South Laural and Valley neither played in the tournament. Great job from Pikeville but not a true showing of all the teams that where in the camp that did not play in the tournament
Sounds to me like that a true showing would be to stay and "WIN" the tournament. To not have a "true showing" would mean that you dropped out of the tournament because your team was "tired". SV did not play because they were.....tired (yawn)!
Valley was" tired" and as usual avoiding some 15th region teams during summer play. Smart ???? we'll see [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...icon10.gif]:notworthy
thepharmacist Wrote:Valley was" tired" and as usual avoiding some 15th region teams during summer play. Smart ???? we'll see [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...icon10.gif]:notworthy

Smart or not it works if it is "usual" because SV is "usually" the best team in the region.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MakeItRain23 Wrote:Assuming this is the Tyler Baker that went to Cumberland and South Laurel he's a real good buddy of mine.What kind of stats is he putting up?
Yes that would be him lol. But His stats last year weren't great because of lack of playing time. But he was just a sophomore who needed some fine tuning and it looks like he has improved his rebounding, ball handling, vision, and defense. He is a great guy and works hard. I think he will be the 6th man this year and see a good amount of playing time.
Im sure all the teams were missing some parts but Pikeville was missing Gatlin Clark, Daniel Harmon, and Ted Honaker (Heard from him that he was playing today)
Honestly, with Valley beating Pikeville 4 times last year, I don't think Pikeville should say anything about Valley not playing against 15th region teams in summer, Pikeville needs to worry about playing some tougher competition, not just 15th region teams.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Honestly, with Valley beating Pikeville 4 times last year, I don't think Pikeville should say anything about Valley not playing against 15th region teams in summer, Pikeville needs to worry about playing some tougher competition, not just 15th region teams.
and they have with games against
Central Hardin, Hopkins Co. Central, Tates Creek, Russel, Marion County, Clinton Co., Oldham, Muhlenberg North, St. Henry, PRP, Knott Central, and Jackson City. So I think that is pretty good for about 3 weeks of basketball.:Thumbs:
Good, they need to do something different cause whatever they did last season didn't work on 4 different occasions.

Hopkins Central at 14-16 is an okay play I guess. Marion went 5-21, don't brag about playing them. Knott went 13-15, not that great, and Jackson city at 9-17 was no powerhouse.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Good, they need to do something different cause whatever they did last season didn't work on 4 different occasions.

Hopkins Central at 14-16 is an okay play I guess. Marion went 5-21, don't brag about playing them. Knott went 13-15, not that great, and Jackson city at 9-17 was no powerhouse.
Well i didn''t say any of them were power houses. but, what was metionted was that they needed to go out and play teams outside the 15th which those schools are. And im sure those regions are much tougher to ave a good recored in than the 15th is.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Yes that would be him lol. But His stats last year weren't great because of lack of playing time. But he was just a sophomore who needed some fine tuning and it looks like he has improved his rebounding, ball handling, vision, and defense. He is a great guy and works hard. I think he will be the 6th man this year and see a good amount of playing time.
Good to hear I played on his middle school team.He usually stops by the house when he's back in Cumberland.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Honestly, with Valley beating Pikeville 4 times last year, I don't think Pikeville should say anything about Valley not playing against 15th region teams in summer, Pikeville needs to worry about playing some tougher competition, not just 15th region teams.
Well considering that this is a 15th region team camp...what do you expect.
Scratch my last post. Considering that this was primarily an EKY team camp it is hard to play teams that are supposed to be better competition when they aren't there. That's what I meant to say.
bigpun Wrote:Scratch my last post. Considering that this was primarily an EKY team camp it is hard to play teams that are supposed to be better competition when they aren't there. That's what I meant to say.

No, he said over the last 3 weeks that was who they had played, not just the PC camp. And I was showing that other than 4 or 5 teams, it wasn't much.
harmon didnt play???? i thought he was their best player last year he scored 30 in the wymt against perry
he plays football
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:No, he said over the last 3 weeks that was who they had played, not just the PC camp. And I was showing that other than 4 or 5 teams, it wasn't much.
It's not like all the best teams in the state are lining up to play Pikeville. You've got to play who will play you. If you are going to play a sport out of season then beggars can't be choosers.
I know I am going to get blasted for saying this. Even after playing maybe 25 games on mostly college courts in 2 weeks, Pikeville was tired just like all the other teams was, or should have been. Right before the dead period, I am sure all teams and players are worn out. At least they can say they finished what they started even if they was tired, wore out, sore, and injured.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
i like the summer camps they really help develop talent.