Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Johnson Central 11/23
Hound05 Wrote:I hear the sound guy is complete fool!!

Hahah. But even if he WAS I’d still love to have a guy with that kind of dedication brining that type of stuff to our games. Not to mention the time he puts in out of sight!

The sound guy is actually a nice guy that I really like. Also I don’t think anyone is questioning his dedication. The only problem 99% of the fans at JC has is how darn loud the music is before and during the games. It’s so loud you get a busting headache within 2 minutes of entering the stadium. There’s zero possibility of having a conversation with the fans sitting around you. Most fans have just ask for the music to be turned down one/eighth or so turn. It seemed last week maybe it wasn’t quit as loud so I appreciated that.
The sound man probably a very nice guy and dedicated to our school. He probably likes loud music but the fans don't like it so loud. Please just turn it down so we can talk to each other. Have a little respect for the fans that have hearing problems. The loud music is nerve racking.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:The sound guy is actually a nice guy that I really like. Also I don’t think anyone is questioning his dedication. The only problem 99% of the fans at JC has is how darn loud the music is before and during the games. It’s so loud you get a busting headache within 2 minutes of entering the stadium. There’s zero possibility of having a conversation with the fans sitting around you. Most fans have just ask for the music to be turned down one/eighth or so turn. It seemed last week maybe it wasn’t quit as loud so I appreciated that.

Oh I know he is. I was just giving him a hard time. I’m not questioning his dedication, or anything. I don’t think anyone has. Didn’t mean it to come off that way, if that’s how you took it. I just meant literally what I said. I’d love to have someone like him in our program that takes time out of his day to do things like that after family and work! Which I know is demanding. Not saying we don’t have people dedicating their time. Heck now you’ve got me worried I’m going to offend someone somehow. Hahah. Pulp from what I’ve seen and heard is a great guy! I would to have him as part of our program. I know he’s not a fool, I was just busting his chops.
Bob Seger Wrote:Let's see if the music man listens to what everybody is trying to tell him...The volume deal is by choice and in defiance because I know for a fact that he has been told a million times, yet will not listen to anybody regardless of who it offends..On good account, (very good account) I have been told that a Johnson Central principal would turn the volume down prior to a game and the "music man" in defiance and for spite would turn it right back up...You would think that anybody with the first lick of sense could realize that paying fans are what pays the bills. Not just for football but for every other sport at the high school....It doesn't take a genius to figure out that reduced fans means reduced revenue....Of course when the objective is to make it "all about me, and aint nobody gonna tell me what to do", I DONT CARE comes into play.

I'll tell you how much the music has bothered me Bob Seger. As everyone knows my Pirates were beat out Friday. So me and my son sat down to see what game we was going to this Friday. The Pikeville or JC game. We both agreed to go to Pikeville because the music is so loud at Johnson Central that you just cant enjoy the game. It's sad really. I love watching the Eagles play football, I really do. But the music is just uncomfortable and not worth it. I'll just keep up with the Eagles on here Friday night. Good luck JC, I really hope you guys win it all. Shout out to my boy Devin Johnson, play hard young man and leave no doubt!
I like the "Music Man"...I think he helps create a nice home-field advantage. Sometimes It's tough to tell how loud things are from the Press Box.
Keep checking this to see if any football is being talked about.. nope just sound. Smh
Gonna have to go with Eagles in this one 56-14 ..
I remember last year everyone saying nobody could hang with the Golden Eagles until they ran into some team called Franklin Simpson as I recall.
Turn it down! PLEASE
khsgamenight Wrote:I like the "Music Man"...I think he helps create a nice home-field advantage. Sometimes It's tough to tell how loud things are from the Press Box.
I mentioned in the first post, I LOVE the music at games, it does create a great atmosphere, but it has went waaay past the point of being ridiculous. When you have JC fans from Johnson Co., and then after other fans , like #55PirateFan who WILL NOT come to the games that ought to tell that certain someone something.

He has a great mom and dad that I think the world of, HOWEVER, this unbearable sound level is all in defiance and purposed.....After you have been told 500 times and it even gets to the point that the principal takes it upon himself to turn it down, and then it gets turned right back up, that in itself is a direct message of I DONT CARE. It's called spite..
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I remember last year everyone saying nobody could hang with the Golden Eagles until they ran into some team called Franklin Simpson as I recall.

Your point being what... same thing happened the year before that ,Franklin-Simpson 14-0 nobody could stop them until the ran into the Golden Eagles and took one on the chin in the tune of 48-0 . This high school football anything can happen!!
ram-97 Wrote:Your point being what... same thing happened the year before that ,Franklin-Simpson 14-0 nobody could stop them until the ran into the Golden Eagles and took one on the chin in the tune of 48-0 .

And, if memory serves, with a running clock in the 1st half.
khsgamenight Wrote:And, if memory serves, with a running clock in the 1st half.

Yeah I forgot to make that point . Thanks for pointing it out .
ram-97 Wrote:Yeah I forgot to make that point . Thanks for pointing it out .

And held FS to something like 18 total yards of offense.
Bob Seger Wrote:I mentioned in the first post, I LOVE the music at games, it does create a great atmosphere, but it has went waaay past the point of being ridiculous. When you have JC fans from Johnson Co., and then after other fans , like #55PirateFan who WILL NOT come to the games that ought to tell that certain someone something.

He has a great mom and dad that I think the world of, HOWEVER, this unbearable sound level is all in defiance and purposed.....After you have been told 500 times and it even gets to the point that the principal takes it upon himself to turn it down, and then it gets turned right back up, that in itself is a direct message of I DONT CARE. It's called spite..

fire him. lol
I love loud music! More AC/DC!!! :Guitar01: Big Grinrums02: :football: :USAFlag:
#55PirateFan Wrote:This one will be over before halftime. And this is in no way a knock or a sucker punch against these Knox kids. This Johnson Central team is the best team I've seen all year, maybe the last two years, and the best team my Pirates played. JC is one of the top 3-4 teams in the entire state, IMO. They win this one easily and I do believe they do the same at Kroger Field in a couple weeks. Good luck to both teams.

JC 56
KC 10

But you just played Boyle. JC can’t be the best team you’ve played
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I remember last year everyone saying nobody could hang with the Golden Eagles until they ran into some team called Franklin Simpson as I recall.

The same thing is going to happen again this year. GO CATS!!
Mcats10 Wrote:The same thing is going to happen again this year. GO CATS!!

Go Cats! :Cheerlead
Nygfan106wins Wrote:But you just played Boyle. JC can’t be the best team you’ve played

Like I said, JC is the best team we played all year. Boyle has an awesome team no doubt. We were beat by both. But in my opinion, Johnson Central was the better of the two. Good luck to Boyle and JC.
Maybe Knox should bring their own sound system and blast their music just as loud...
If your home field advantage comes from noise, the noise should come from the butts in the seats not 1 person.
JC big. Knox has had a great season but it ends and ends quickly friday night.
Mcats10 Wrote:The same thing is going to happen again this year. GO CATS!!

Repeat 2016 Golden Eagles 48 Franklin Simpson 0 running clock 1st half total yardage 18 or have you forgotten 😜
ram-97 Wrote:Repeat 2016 Golden Eagles 48 Franklin Simpson 0 running clock 1st half total yardage 18 or have you forgotten 😜

You remember 2016 but can't remember 2017? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:You remember 2016 but can't remember 2017? Confusednicker:
I remember that Joe Jackson played in 2016 and was named the MVP of the 4A playoffs that year but missed the 2017 playoffs with a knee injury.

This Golden Eagle backfield may be their deepest and most talented group in the history of the school. Johnson Central may not the best team in Kentucky this season and they are probably not quite as strong as the 2016 team, but there is no team in the state that would hold them to 12 points this season.
pjdoug Wrote:You remember 2016 but can't remember 2017? Confusednicker:

Oh I remember it all to well , just saying you can’t base this year on past seasons anything could happen, past seasons prove that and seems you can’t remember the 2016 season!!!
ram-97 Wrote:Oh I remember it all to well , just saying you can’t base this year on past seasons anything could happen, past seasons prove that and seems you can’t remember the 2016 season!!!

2017 still stings JC got out played but I can see why you don’t want to remember the State Championship of 2016 , must be a real nightmare knowing your mighty FS dropped a goose egg in the State Championship Game ( I would want to forget it too) .
ram-97 Wrote:Repeat 2016 Golden Eagles 48 Franklin Simpson 0 running clock 1st half total yardage 18 or have you forgotten 😜

2017 FS 35 jc 21very few rushing yards also.
ram-97 Wrote:Oh I remember it all to well , just saying you can’t base this year on past seasons anything could happen, past seasons prove that and seems you can’t remember the 2016 season!!!

If year to year doesn’t matter, then why you keep bringing it up?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I remember that Joe Jackson played in 2016 and was named the MVP of the 4A playoffs that year but missed the 2017 playoffs with a knee injury.

This Golden Eagle backfield may be their deepest and most talented group in the history of the school. Johnson Central may not the best team in Kentucky this season and they are probably not quite as strong as the 2016 team, but there is no team in the state that would hold them to 12 points this season.

You not only got out played but out coached. Same thing will happen this year. Good teams find a way to win and that means if it only takes 12 points. It may only take 10 for FS to beat jc this year.