Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Johnson Central 11/23
The Knox Central Panthers will be playing in their first ever state semi final game on Friday night! They come into this game with an 11-3 overall record after an impressive overtime win over Franklin County who had previously beat them 42-20 in the regular season.

The Johnson Central Golden Eagles come into this game with a record of 12-1. They're only loss came against Capital High School, who is currently ranked 3rd in the state of West Virginia, losing that one 21-28.

Who do you have in this one and why?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Pulling for Knox Central to win :popcorn:

Johnson Central 49
Knox Central 14
The eagles big. No team in 4A a match for them.
Eagles are going to be a tough out..42 -14 Eagles move on to Kroger Field.
I would love to see K-N-O-X keep it close, but I have my doubts.

JCHS - 42
K-N-O-X - 7
The all-time series is tied, 1-1.

2010: Johnson Central 29-28 (OT)
2012: Knox Central 39-29
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
JC-43 Knox-14
Jc +28
JC & Knox have no mutual opponents.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Jc 56 kc 13
Jc 48. Kc 14
JC wins big vs. Knox and then gets beat by FS in the finals.
Dang kinda confident there about FS aren’t you , they barley scraped by in their last game and still have to play Taylor might not be an easy task !!
Very confident. The “last game” will be good for the Cats. Just like last years game with Collins. FS will win the 2018 title.
I know nothing about Knox football but I will say this; they better have 11 grown men that wake up every morning with only one goal in life and that's stopping the run if they want to have a chance in this game.
Mcats10 Wrote:Very confident. The “last game” will be good for the Cats. Just like last years game with Collins. FS will win the 2018 title.
Confidence is great but this time of year teams and fans alike had better worry about the game in front of them instead of boasting about future games , you never know what might happen!!
I pull for Knox Central every game they play which hasn’t been a problem since they haven’t played JC in a few years but I have to root for the Golden Eagles in this matchup. I am thrilled Knox made it this far but I think this is the end of the line for them. Let’s go JC!
I think Knox can cause JC a few problems with the speed they have on offense and their ability to throw the ball all over the field. I can see Imel or Campbell breaking a big play for a score but I just don’t see them being able to match JC score for score.
Knox’s biggest weapon defensively is their secondary which has 17 interceptions but that’s not going to matter much considering Jc is going to keep the ball on the ground every play. The rushing attack of Joe Jackson and Devin johnson will be too much.

JC- 36
Knox-14
Knox plays a very physical defense. And they have some speed on offense with a great QB. If this game is a blow out. I’d be surprised unless Knox just didn’t come ready to play. Or are overwhelmed by the moment. I think they can slow down JCs offense to a certain extent. But not nearly enough to win. They just don’t have the horses to load the box on JC. Now I don’t know how JCs pass D is but they better be pretty darn good, cause KC can get on it with their pass game. But in the end, the bigger and better team will wear down KC upfront. I’ll say 38-21 JC
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The all-time series is tied, 1-1.

2010: Johnson Central 29-28 (OT)
2012: Knox Central 39-29

I was at both of those games. Both teams played there butts off. For Knox to win this they have to do what they did in both of those games. Play hard nose defense bend but dont break.

The 2010 game was a big heart breaker for the Panthers that year. Going for two and Canady getting stopped just short of goalline. Panthers went on to lose to Bell for region championship that year.

2012 game was a good game as well. That year the Panthers defense just wouldn't let JC run over them.

One of my favorite JC players I got to watch was JJ Jude I believe it was the 2010 game. Man that kid could run the ball. Very tough to bring down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Hope for Knox Central's fans ears that KHSAA has stepped in and stopped the ridiculous sound guy at Johnson Central. Last time I was there they constantly played music and annoying clips as teams were in the huddle and getting set.
Hound05 Wrote:Knox plays a very physical defense. And they have some speed on offense with a great QB. If this game is a blow out. I’d be surprised unless Knox just didn’t come ready to play. Or are overwhelmed by the moment. I think they can slow down JCs offense to a certain extent. But not nearly enough to win. They just don’t have the horses to load the box on JC. Now I don’t know how JCs pass D is but they better be pretty darn good, cause KC can get on it with their pass game. But in the end, the bigger and better team will wear down KC upfront. I’ll say 38-21 JC

I don’t think they will be blinded by the moment. The senior group I am familiar with and they have been in bigger situations throughout careers in other sports. In baseball they represented kentucky in little league World Series. I know that isn’t high school football but they are gamers and usually perform well in this type game. They do have a long ride, I really would take them over on Thursday and stay in hotel so they are fresh and have team time. They have a uphill fight to beat a jc. Jc is a powerhouse program, I don’t see Knox winning but they have had a great season. I am pulling for Knox and big Tucker.
Eagles name the score. No team matches up with them in 4a until next year!!
fridaynightfights Wrote:Hope for Knox Central's fans ears that KHSAA has stepped in and stopped the ridiculous sound guy at Johnson Central. Last time I was there they constantly played music and annoying clips as teams were in the huddle and getting set.

He has been busy the last little bit getting new clips prepared. He was on top of his game against Ashland. He always politely stops before the snap as per KHSSA rules.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Hope for Knox Central's fans ears that KHSAA has stepped in and stopped the ridiculous sound guy at Johnson Central. Last time I was there they constantly played music and annoying clips as teams were in the huddle and getting set.

I love music at games, but I agree, it is waaaay beyond ridiculous.
I have watched all home games for years. They have been times the music didn't stop before the snap. The music is just to loud you can't even have a conversation with the person sitting beside you. No reason it can't be turned down! We don't show up early at the games to music. Maybe the school will have the speakers removed.
baller55 Wrote:I have watched all home games for years. They have been times the music didn't stop before the snap. The music is just to loud you can't even have a conversation with the person sitting beside you. No reason it can't be turned down! We don't show up early at the games to music. Maybe the school will have the speakers removed.
Or let someone do it that has enough sense to get in out of the rain.

You cant even hear yourself think , let alone have a conversation..You would be surprised at the number of people that have mentioned that they wont even come to the games because of it . Heck, me and Silver Bullett dont even crank it up that loud out on tour.

Where's Todd Conley at, anyways? He was the master.
Bob Seger Wrote:Or let someone do it that has enough sense to get in out of the rain.

You cant even hear yourself think , let alone have a conversation..You would be surprised at the number of people that have mentioned that they wont even come to the games because of it . Heck, me and Silver Bullett dont even crank it up that loud out on tour.

Where's Todd Conley at, anyways? He was the master.

It's called home field advantage, people have to live with it. Remember old Vipperman Stadium at Belfry? It could be as loud as some college stadiums echoing off the mountains. If there was an issue with it, KHSAA would have stepped in LONG ago. Maybe other schools should follow their lead.
Better be careful fellas a certain poster on here just might be the sound guy @ JC field!!
bball_fan Wrote:It's called home field advantage, people have to live with it. Remember old Vipperman Stadium at Belfry? It could be as loud as some college stadiums echoing off the mountains. If there was an issue with it, KHSAA would have stepped in LONG ago. Maybe other schools should follow their lead.

Homefield advantage? There is nothing intimidating about blaring music that is so distorted that you cant even detect what the song is. And BTW, that didn't have the first thing to do with Vipperman....It was the electrifying pumped up Belfry crowd.