• 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Corbin (State Semifinals)11/23
pjdoug Wrote:Your percentages are way off. lol

Ok. 56, 39, and 5. Hahah
Hound05 Wrote:No corbins crowd won’t be a problem. We always show up in force for big games like these. But Boyle travels well too. I don’t know if it’ll be like it was for the belfry game a couple years ago or not. Like another person said. There had to be close to 10K if not more. About 60% Corbin fans. 35% belfry and the rest were ransoms from all over. But there wasn’t too many seating issues. People stood all around the fence. But they do that when there are seats. It’s just parking. But hopefully some listen to advice and park down town and walk. There are also 2 entrances. Boyle fans should use the north entrance by the bridge for easier access to their side. Our AD does a feat job and offers presale tickets to big games to the other team a lot. If he does take advantage of it. It does take some time to buy tickets and get through if you don’t.
For the Belfry game, Barbourville Street was closed to vehicle traffic if I remember correctly and Corbin fans were tailgating all along there. Corbin fans were only permitted to enter on Barbourville Street entrance and Belfry fans only on Roy Kidd Ave entrance. Is this correct?
51 Corbin
20 belfry
19 Whitley ?

Is that what you are tryin to say?
bcpc Wrote:51 Corbin
20 belfry
19 Whitley ?

Is that what you are tryin to say?

What about Campbell? Clay? Knox? Laurel? Pulaski? Smile
Hound05 Wrote:Well that’s part of it. Boyle’s fans can stand on the fence like a lot of Corbin fans do. But it’s called home field for a reason. I wouldn’t travel to any other teams site and expect them to block off part of THEIR SIDE to give to us haha. You know? Heck I’ve been to games where Corbin had no seating other than a couple bleachers and we still didn’t go to the home side and take their seats. We stood. It’s a courtesy.

I have no problem sitting on the home side if that's what's available or even what's best. If there's just a blanket and nobody occupying it, then it's fair game in my opinion.
Hound05 Wrote:The press box is also very big for High school. Very long and 2 rows deep. Enough for visiting coaches. Both radios. Even wymt if they come. And still plenty of room for Boyle’s 8 stat guys. Hahahah sorry I had to🤪. But seriously they’re very courteous to visiting teams up there. When I was up there they would do anything reasonable to accommodate you.

It's the Semi-Finals. We bring 10 for this one. :Thumbs:
Boyle by 7.
campbellfield Wrote:For the Belfry game, Barbourville Street was closed to vehicle traffic if I remember correctly and Corbin fans were tailgating all along there. Corbin fans were only permitted to enter on Barbourville Street entrance and Belfry fans only on Roy Kidd Ave entrance. Is this correct?

Yea that was the way they did it for the belfry game
know1 Wrote:I have no problem sitting on the home side if that's what's available or even what's best. If there's just a blanket and nobody occupying it, then it's fair game in my opinion.

Good luck then I guess???
The Spread Wrote:I said that last year, and they did it.

Best team we've played all year coming Friday night. We are at least a 10 point dog in this one.

Just hope we can get it into the 4th qtr.

Belfry had the recipe to beat Boyle and couldn't hold onto it.

lol I see what you did there. No pun intended.
Hounds gotta play their best game, limit penalties and have a few things go their way. And I think they will. Hounds by a touchdown.
know1 Wrote:It does if there's not enough room on the visitors side to sit. It's been awhile since I've been to Corbin, so I don't remember how much seating there is.

The people that can stand shouldn't sit Smile
I'm a big Boyle fan after what they did to the puppies last year, come on rebels you got this!
To many weapons for Boyle Co. Corbin will not be able to keep up.

Boyle Co. 35
Corbin 14
blueandgreen Wrote:I'm a big Boyle fan after what they did to the puppies last year, come on rebels you got this!

:biglmao:
Granny Bear Wrote:Game of the year!!!

Let's just hope and pray that WYMT makes it the GOTW!!!

If it's the game of the week on WYMT, does that mean they televise it.
The hounds have very little room for mistakes this week. They have to play their best game to date, and they must force Boyle to make some mistakes to win. I think last years loss has stuck with them all season, and I think they will show up ready to play. I’m sure Boyle will to. I think the hounds do just enough to get the job done at home.
Hounds - 28
Boyle - 27
Question for the Corbin fans who’s going to cover Reese Smith?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Question for the Corbin fans who’s going to cover Reese Smith?

Unless Dion Sanders is showing up, I don't think the question is how do you cover him, because you're not going to. The question that has to be addressed is how do we contain him the most and minimize his impact on the game.

I am not in the know by any means. But if I am coaching that means I keep a fresh set of legs on Reese, and do my best to get pressure on the Qb. Asking a DB to cover Smith 25 yards deep is an impossible task. Got to keep the QB from finding #15.

Good news for us is, we have the sack leader in our class to go at them with.

I don't look for Corbin to do much special planning other than doing what they've done all year. I think at this point in the year you dance with the one who brought you, so to speak.

At least that's my take on it.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Question for the Corbin fans who’s going to cover Reese Smith?

Fishing for a little bulletin board material huh?
know1 Wrote:If it's the game of the week on WYMT, does that mean they televise it.

Yes!!! But since they covered Corbin's game last week, I don't think they will cover them again.
Sad
Looking forward to this one, I expect Boyle to come out and win going away late, I’m going 42-21 Boyle. Boyle matches up better with Corbin than Belfry and has to many athletes for Corbin to handle. I’ve just got a feeling this one may not be close.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Fishing for a little bulletin board material huh?

LOL, no since Corbin couldn’t cover him last year I was just wondering who they would put on him this year.
Football Scout Wrote:Looking forward to this one, I expect Boyle to come out and win going away late, I’m going 42-21 Boyle. Boyle matches up better with Corbin than Belfry and has to many athletes for Corbin to handle. I’ve just got a feeling this one may not be close.

I also think Boyle matches up alot better with Corbin than they did Belfry.
Going to be another great atmosphere and the Rebels have their work cut out for them. I think they'll get it done if they take care of the ball. Looking forward to the challenge.

I'll say:
Rebels - 35
Hounds - 21

I hope the game is injury free.
Boyle 35
Corbin 28
The Spread Wrote:Unless Dion Sanders is showing up, I don't think the question is how do you cover him, because you're not going to. The question that has to be addressed is how do we contain him the most and minimize his impact on the game.

I am not in the know by any means. But if I am coaching that means I keep a fresh set of legs on Reese, and do my best to get pressure on the Qb. Asking a DB to cover Smith 25 yards deep is an impossible task. Got to keep the QB from finding #15.

Good news for us is, we have the sack leader in our class to go at them with.

I don't look for Corbin to do much special planning other than doing what they've done all year. I think at this point in the year you dance with the one who brought you, so to speak.

At least that's my take on it.

Not trying to dispute you, but how do you know you have the sack leader in class 3A to my knowledge that’s not a stat that the KHSAA keeps record of?

Sorry I am unable to find that information- Siri voice
Jack Lambert Wrote:Not trying to dispute you, but how do you know you have the sack leader in class 3A to my knowledge that’s not a stat that the KHSAA keeps record of?

That was shared over the radio call during the Corbin/Bell game. Ethan Wine with 20 sacks on the year if my memory serves me.

I assumed it was true being that it was shared on the radio. I'll be glad to retract that if proven otherwise.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Not trying to dispute you, but how do you know you have the sack leader in class 3A to my knowledge that’s not a stat that the KHSAA keeps record of?

Yea it is. You have to get on the KHSAA website. I’m pretty sure he is the state sack leader with 20.

https://khsaa.org/2018-football-class-3a-stat-leaders/

It shows him with 19 but he had 1 Friday so that puts him at 20. He’s got a pretty comfortable lead for sack leader.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next