Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2018
FoSho Wrote:Hmmmm I think I heard Boyle has a decent crop of 2020 kids. I wonder how they compare to Belfrys group? Too bad Boyle used to dodge that middle school tourney or we might already know. 😬

I guess time will tell.

Get out of our thread lol
AngryMob Wrote:Get out of our thread lol

It's all good dude! I'm just pulling your chain. I know the class well across the state and got a lot of respect for Belfry Football. I know some people involved and they are some great people. Belfry and Boyle are loaded in the 2020 class, it should be fun. I'm looking forward to playing at Belfry, I just hope it happens but we both got LOTS of work to do in the meantime.

😉
Death_Valley Wrote:Coach Varney will get the Belfry job after Haywood leaves in 2 years ..

U don't think David Jones has a shot?
Davey Jones commanding the Pirate's ship??

You can't script this stuff!!!!
cuppett777 Wrote:U don't think David Jones has a shot?

I know Jones don’t have a shot if you know any of the Belfry Coaches at all you would know that
I think we all know that Haywood is perfectly capable of selecting/grooming his replacement.
Granny Bear Wrote:Let's hope I can remember to answer it!!

Confusednicker:

lol. suffering with migraines takes my memory Sad
Granny Bear Wrote:Davey Jones commanding the Pirate's ship??

You can't script this stuff!!!!

I'm a Jones.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm a Jones.

I am a Jones as well Confusedinglepar

As far as David at Belfry. People can say what they please I think it would be good, but I don't see it happening and both Belfry and David will be just fine on their separate paths.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I know Jones don’t have a shot if you know any of the Belfry Coaches at all you would know that
I haven't been around there in 8 yrs,just keep up with them on here.
Tuesday Jan 2 seems to be a lining up as a busy coming home party at BHS, and Belfry will be wearing Nike uniforms next year. The linebacker and TE spot is filled, the NG spot filled, and Nate Ratliff should fill in at DT. The holes are filling themselves in quickly this off season. Watch out 3A these Pirates are back!
Is Jan 2 a new early signing period in high school football? Can't wait to see the signing class rankings.

COACHITALL Wrote:Tuesday Jan 2 seems to be a lining up as a busy coming home party at BHS, and Belfry will be wearing Nike uniforms next year. The linebacker and TE spot is filled, the NG spot filled, and Nate Ratliff should fill in at DT. The holes are filling themselves in quickly this off season. Watch out 3A these Pirates are back!
COACHITALL Wrote:Tuesday Jan 2 seems to be a lining up as a busy coming home party at BHS, and Belfry will be wearing Nike uniforms next year. The linebacker and TE spot is filled, the NG spot filled, and Nate Ratliff should fill in at DT. The holes are filling themselves in quickly this off season. Watch out 3A these Pirates are back!

I sure hope what I'm hearing is true Big Guy. If it is then you're talking about some serious size and muscle on the D-Line and at Linebacker next fall! We're set on the offensive side of the ball. Our defense is what was worrying me about next year. But if this is true, watch out! Last year we could put up some serious points and score plenty enough to win every game, we just couldn't stop anybody when we had to. Our D-Line played their hearts out but the size disadvantage killed them. And our secondary really struggled against passing teams. I look for us to be better at both positions next year and a whole lot better as a team. Derek Wellman cannot be replaced, period! But I do think we have the pieces to fill in for him as a committee to not lose a step on the offensive side of the ball. At LB, we'll just have to wait and see. You can't lose one of the best to ever play at Belfry and not think his lose wont be felt but we do have the pieces to be even better in 2018 if the boys do what their supposed to be doing and stay hungry. I can't wait until football starts back up on Pond Creek!
So I knew Russell wasn't making uniforms any more so we are going with Nike. Any idea of what we will be getting
Hope rumors aren’t true about Pike Central coach taking over at Belfry!
EastKyPride Wrote:Hope rumors aren’t true about Pike Central coach taking over at Belfry!

Cats out of the bag
AngryMob Wrote:Cats out of the bag

I really really don't see this being true, given I'm not close to the program, I see 0% chance of this, and if so I don't know how well it will go over. Anywho I'll return to my corner of Huntington wrestling now.
kywvfan Wrote:Is Jan 2 a new early signing period in high school football? Can't wait to see the signing class rankings.
:insane:
EastKyPride Wrote:Hope rumors aren’t true about Pike Central coach taking over at Belfry!

Eric Ratliff at Belfry wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He would do a great job just as Coach Hall would have.
Is coach Haywood retiring?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Is coach Haywood retiring?

No
Hope you are right! Just hearing it from a cpl of players and cpl ppl on the inside.
[quote=EastKyPride]Hope you are right! Just hearing it from a cpl of players and cpl ppl on the inside.[/QUOTE

Really? Or are you just spewing the same stuff that was on topix forum a few weeks ago??? 😂😂😂

I know it’s the off season .....but please....😂😂. You gotta come up with something better than that
Actually don’t get on topixs. Heard this from two players that’s on the high school team. Like I said hope it’s not true. No reason for u die hard faithfuls to get all up tight.
I don't think Haywood would do it on the down low. Seems to me he would announce his retirement and let it play out over the course of the season.

Then again I don't know the man.
EastKyPride Wrote:Actually don’t get on topixs. Heard this from two players that’s on the high school team. Like I said hope it’s not true. No reason for u die hard faithfuls to get all up tight.

Oh....I don't think any die hards are up tightConfusednicker:

Here is what's funny.... If Coach Haywood decided to retire.....I'm sure that Belfry would run as fast as they can to Buckley's Creek for a replacement.:lmao:

That would be the first place we would look:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Oh....I don't think any die hards are up tightConfusednicker:

Here is what's funny.... If Coach Haywood decided to retire.....I'm sure that Belfry would run as fast as they can to Buckley's Creek for a replacement.:lmao:

Be about the 3rd placeid look in pike county alone. Give me mcnamee and Allen before hom
There are at least 2 assistants on the staff who would get first refusal in my opinion, that being said I have not heard anything about coach retiring.
I would take Coach Varney or Coach Chapman when that day comes.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Oh....I don't think any die hards are up tightConfusednicker:

Belfry will do what Reed Adkins tells them to do.