Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2018
Pirates are being left for dead!
Will be a great team again if they can fill a few holes (like everyone else) and will get Boyle County at home in round three.

Can't wait to visit Pond Creek.
FoSho Wrote:Will be a great team again if they can fill a few holes (like everyone else) and will get Boyle County at home in round three.

Can't wait to visit Pond Creek.

im worried about the foundation that lies under belfry high school with coach smith and coach haywood on the same field...... but lexcath will be a very very tough challenge!!!
AngryMob Wrote:im worried about the foundation that lies under belfry high school with coach smith and coach haywood on the same field...... but lexcath will be a very very tough challenge!!!

Belfry is going to have to beat Lexington Catholic, Boyle County, and Corbin (in Corbin) to get to the finals......I don't care who you are that's up hill all the way.
Should be easy. Beechwood beat corbin
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Should be easy. Beechwood beat corbin

At home by a touchdown with corbin having 5,000 yds in penalties?? Still don’t see what that has to do with next years belfry team.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Belfry is going to have to beat Lexington Catholic, Boyle County, and Corbin (in Corbin) to get to the finals......I don't care who you are that's up hill all the way.

Boyle has to beat all of these teams and do it all on the road.

😬
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Belfry is going to have to beat Lexington Catholic, Boyle County, and Corbin (in Corbin) to get to the finals......I don't care who you are that's up hill all the way.

Regardless which team comes out. That will most def. be the most competitive region this coming year unless something I don’t see Changes or happens
Belfry, like any other top program, will suffer from graduation losses. However.....the single biggest question mark surrounding 2018 will be IMO, the development of the Defensive line and improved depth at LB.

Offensively....Belfry will be loaded. They will return the best offensive line in 3A, that will continue to churn out huge running lanes for a very talented group of returning skill kids.

Defensively.....Belfry has some work to do, as they look for ways to get bigger and stronger on the D-Line. Improved Secondary play is also a must. One of the biggest holes to fill will be Wellman's LB spot.

Long way too go.....a lot of stuff can and will happen between now and next November.

3A should prove once again to be extremely competitive. Just my opinion....but I do think 2018 could be Belfry's swan song in 3A. Enrollment is down.....and number wise...I'm hearing Belfry already would qualify for a move to 2A. Whether or not Coach Haywood decides to go that way remains to be seen.

I also think that Boyle and Corbin may be forced to 4A due to enrollment growth. I know Corbin is already slated for the 4A move...but., also hearing that Boyle may be moving in the same direction. If that happens....one of the most competitive classes will be left with a lot of question marks.
Haywood will choose to play up I would think. That is not official even though I have been told that. Will be real interesting to see if it comes to that.
Stay tuned because you’ll see old faces in new places and those so called defensive holes will be filled quit nicely! Nate Ratliff joined the team late last season and just wasn’t game speed ready but he will Be a 6’3 280 presence to be reckoned with. Keep doubting folks! Keep doubting it’s the fuel that keeps our fire lit!!
Not going to 2a
Just leavin' this here. Needs to happen, guys. :eyeroll: TongueirateSho

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sport...f2d20.html
MCMiner247 Wrote:Just leavin' this here. Needs to happen, guys. :eyeroll: TongueirateSho

[URL="http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sports/kyle-s-korner-is-belfry-vs-mingo-game-in-the/article_22432c4f-55d9-59b4-b7b9-168c880f2d20.html"]http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sports/kyle-s-korner-is-belfry-vs-mingo-game-in-the/article_22432c4f-55d9-
59b4-b7b9-168c880f2d20.html[/URL]

It really doesn’t. This game isn’t going To happen in the foreseeable future, so y’all need to let it rest. Game may benefit Mingo...but no benefit to Belfry. Just not gonna happen......
COACHITALL Wrote:Stay tuned because you’ll see old faces in new places and those so called defensive holes will be filled quit nicely! Nate Ratliff joined the team late last season and just wasn’t game speed ready but he will Be a 6’3 280 presence to be reckoned with. Keep doubting folks! Keep doubting it’s the fuel that keeps our fire lit!!

If the rumblings I’m hearing have legs....yes some old faces could certainly shore up some areas of concern.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:It really doesn’t. This game isn’t going To happen in the foreseeable future, so y’all need to let it rest. Game may benefit Mingo...but no benefit to Belfry. Just not gonna happen......

You're telling me the athletic dept. at Belfry wouldn't wanna
make THAT big of gate money in a night? My goodness.
From a boosters perspective; tickets, concessions, apparel, etc....each school
could make a killing. I just don't get why a school in such an economically
depressed area wouldn't put a little thought into it. I'm just glad we aren't the
ones that aren't willing to put our arms out and shake hands....
MCMiner247 Wrote:You're telling me the athletic dept. at Belfry wouldn't wanna
make THAT big of gate money in a night? My goodness.
From a boosters perspective; tickets, concessions, apparel, etc....each school
could make a killing. I just don't get why a school in such an economically
depressed area wouldn't put a little thought into it. I'm just glad we aren't the
ones that aren't willing to put our arms out and shake hands....

Has it happened yet? You’ve answered your own question. It’s obvious that the things you mention apparently aren’t important enough to the Belfry program to clear a spot on the schedule.....or they already would have. Apparently.....the program is doing just fine without the game.....so....until Coach Haywood DECIDES that it’s a good fit.....the game will not happen. Could he have a change of heart? Sure. Has he? Not to this point. So why keep bringing it up? If the game was viewed as a benefit .....it would have already made its way in to the schedule. Let it go....
Not sure why this is a thing? Schedules are usually two year contracts with non-district foes. If Belfry wanted to do it they could. If they don't?!?! They won't.

I'm always of leery of one way benefits in games like this.
If Haywood shows no interest to play MC, sure would like to see Coach McNamee at Pikeville schedule them. Imo, Pikeville should benefit from this game just like they would playing Belfry and any other played up out of district team, win or lose.
Why don't Mingo Central play tougher games with teams in WV? But imo I really don't see them being much count the next couple years.
not sure why mingo central wants to play this game but there must be some sort of hidden agenda.... comments by some of their coaches online show me why this game shouldnt be played and why u cant give kids a football program
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Belfry, like any other top program, will suffer from graduation losses. However.....the single biggest question mark surrounding 2018 will be IMO, the development of the Defensive line and improved depth at LB.

Offensively....Belfry will be loaded. They will return the best offensive line in 3A, that will continue to churn out huge running lanes for a very talented group of returning skill kids.

Defensively.....Belfry has some work to do, as they look for ways to get bigger and stronger on the D-Line. Improved Secondary play is also a must. One of the biggest holes to fill will be Wellman's LB spot.

Long way too go.....a lot of stuff can and will happen between now and next November.

3A should prove once again to be extremely competitive. Just my opinion....but I do think 2018 could be Belfry's swan song in 3A. Enrollment is down.....and number wise...I'm hearing Belfry already would qualify for a move to 2A. Whether or not Coach Haywood decides to go that way remains to be seen.

I also think that Boyle and Corbin may be forced to 4A due to enrollment growth. I know Corbin is already slated for the 4A move...but., also hearing that Boyle may be moving in the same direction. If that happens....one of the most competitive classes will be left with a lot of question marks.

I know they had a lot of injuries at the end of the year but I think Boyle proved on the field they were every bit as good or better than Belfry's O Line.
EastKyPride Wrote:Why don't Mingo Central play tougher games with teams in WV? But imo I really don't see them being much count the next couple years.

They are trying to play a KY team with WV players, does that count? 😜
Hatz Wrote:I know they had a lot of injuries at the end of the year but I think Boyle proved on the field they were every bit as good or better than Belfry's O Line.

While we won't ever be able to settle that debate (unless you wanna meet us at cam for a tug of war game) I think he means we return more than you guys or anyone else..
AngryMob Wrote:While we won't ever be able to settle that debate (unless you wanna meet us at cam for a tug of war game) I think he means we return more than you guys or anyone else..

Probably.

But things have a way of working hemselves out by playoffs and I'm not worried about our OL just yet. We got 85 kids on our team and slots will be filled. Truth be told, our OL was a HUGE concern after the preseason scrimmage this year and Danville game. Once "coached up" our boys were really good.

See you guys mid Nov.
The Belfry O Line.....was definitely top 1 or 2 in all of 3A this past season. With all of the graduation losses Belfry had....no one came into the season expecting the O-Line to perform the way the did. And while I doubt there being any All-State performers this past season......collectively, IMO, this line was the best in 3A. They got it done against quality competition from day 1. Nothing against the Boyle Co O-Line.....they did an awesome job....and congrats on the championship. That being said....Boyle has several graduation losses that will impact their line play. Simply put.... Belfry doesn't. Belfry returns essentially everyone. Be interesting to see how it all plays out next year.
Belfry will probably never agree to play MC, they have to much to lose. Everyone in this area is so convinced that Belfry is 40+ points better than everyone else each year, but that is certainly not the case. Yes, 2 or 3 years ago when they had that dominating group of lineman they would have killed everyone within 60 miles of them. But now not so much, I watched both teams play this past year and it would have been very competitive. Mingo's offense was much better than Belfry's but Belfry had a better defense. Would love to see this game happen but Belfry won't because of what would happen if they were to lose, everyone around here would start praising MC instead of them. Plus it would also hurt them in terms of the WV boys that they get, if Mingo were to win they may decide to play at home instead of jumping the river
tvhs-25 Wrote:Belfry will probably never agree to play MC, they have to much to lose. Everyone in this area is so convinced that Belfry is 40+ points better than everyone else each year, but that is certainly not the case. Yes, 2 or 3 years ago when they had that dominating group of lineman they would have killed everyone within 60 miles of them. But now not so much, I watched both teams play this past year and it would have been very competitive. Mingo's offense was much better than Belfry's but Belfry had a better defense. Would love to see this game happen but Belfry won't because of what would happen if they were to lose, everyone around here would start praising MC instead of them. Plus it would also hurt them in terms of the WV boys that they get, if Mingo were to win they may decide to play at home instead of jumping the river

Take that up with Coach Haywood next time you speak to him......He makes the decisions.
tvhs-25 Wrote:Belfry will probably never agree to play MC, they have to much to lose. Everyone in this area is so convinced that Belfry is 40+ points better than everyone else each year, but that is certainly not the case. Yes, 2 or 3 years ago when they had that dominating group of lineman they would have killed everyone within 60 miles of them. But now not so much, I watched both teams play this past year and it would have been very competitive. Mingo's offense was much better than Belfry's but Belfry had a better defense. Would love to see this game happen but Belfry won't because of what would happen if they were to lose, everyone around here would start praising MC instead of them. Plus it would also hurt them in terms of the WV boys that they get, if Mingo were to win they may decide to play at home instead of jumping the river

Thanks for saying what I was thinking, lol. :thanks:
MCMiner247 Wrote:Thanks for saying what I was thinking, lol. :thanks:

Y'all should set up a meet and greet with Coach Haywood. Maybe you can hammer out a solution.:lmao: