Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
64.00%
Raceland
36.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Semifinals Pikeville @ Raceland 11/24
Great offense wins games , great defense wins championships
I agree with whatanotherfootballnut said and yes a home crowd energizes the young man no doubt but these two teams have won their last two games on the road. The games are won on the field and the team with the fewest mistakes wins this game,GO PANTHERS!!!!
I hope the mountain putty tats eat to much turkey and dressing!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I hope the mountain putty tats eat to much turkey and dressing!
Panthers are always on the prowl. High energy, gotta eat well. Hear am meat is high protein. Lol

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving and we will see y’all at the game!
Raceland 34 Pikeville 14.
Gotta say, I will be shocked if this is beyond a 2 TD ball game, no matter who comes out on top.
Like to see Mr. Cleans pick. He pretty much nailed both games last week. 🤔

Pikeville - 14
Hazard - 10

Raceland - 28
Paintville - 14
Intercepting a 2point conversion is not a turnover and does not count as an interception.
Thanks for the clarification. I could have sworn they counted them.
PHSForever Wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I could have sworn they counted them.

It’s no biggie. I was just letting you know. Smile
#Pikeville Panthers# #Hail Pikeville!!#
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:Intercepting a 2point conversion is not a turnover and does not count as an interception.

The wide receiver actually threw that one..
bac2369 Wrote:The wide receiver actually threw that one..

True. Video shows Hazard Qb was getting pressure, tosses it to Wr.,then he was intercepted by Brody Birchfield around the two yard line.
These predictions of Pikeville scoring in the high 20's and 30's are clearly people who have not watched Raceland defense. I'm not saying that Pikeville cant win but they won't score that much! I said the same thing to Paris people. I was right. Same thing to the Paintsville people. I was right again. We average giving up under 13 points a game against some pretty good offenses. The way we've been playing I just can't see us losing this game. Our kids are focused and on a mission. Ram stadium will be packed and rocking Friday night.

Rams - 28
Panthers - 12
Ram55 Wrote:These predictions of Pikeville scoring in the high 20's and 30's are clearly people who have not watched Raceland defense. I'm not saying that Pikeville cant win but they won't score that much! I said the same thing to Paris people. I was right. Same thing to the Paintsville people. I was right again. We average giving up under 13 points a game against some pretty good offenses. The way we've been playing I just can't see us losing this game. Our kids are focused and on a mission. Ram stadium will be packed and rocking Friday night.

Rams - 28
Panthers - 12

Raceland has given up more points in the playoffs than Pikeville has. I think Pikeville defense shocks some people Friday. Raceland not a real good running team and I look for the Panthers to put a damper on their dink-and-dunk passing attack.

Pikeville 22
Raceland 14
jetpilot Wrote:Raceland has given up more points in the playoffs than Pikeville has. I think Pikeville defense shocks some people Friday. Raceland not a real good running team and I look for the Panthers to put a damper on their dink-and-dunk passing attack.

Pikeville 22
Raceland 14

Raceland is a better running team than Passing. They have two good back. Plus I believe they line their big wide receiver up and run him too. Pikeville will need to stop the run better this week. I’m not sure if Raceland shoots themselves in the foot and commit dumb penalties and will turn it over like hazard did and was forced too.
bac2369 Wrote:Raceland is a better running team than Passing. They have two good back. Plus I believe they line their big wide receiver up and run him too. Pikeville will need to stop the run better this week. I’m not sure if Raceland shoots themselves in the foot and commit dumb penalties and will turn it over like hazard did and was forced too.

22 rushes 31 yds vs Ashland
45 for 138 yds vs Somerset
27 for 37 yds vs Paintsville 1st game
39 for 64 yds vs Paintsville 2nd game
That's 133 carries for 270 yds, right at 2 yards per carry.

This is against the good teams they faced.
You don't give Pikeville D credit vs Hazard either. No rushing TDs allowed to Blair/Fletcher/Francis was huge. Intercepting Blair 4 times when he only had 5 all year long also huge. No TDs given up until tipped/bobbled/circus catch with seconds left was a huge defensive effort. I think defense matches up even better vs. Raceland and will play very well.
jetpilot Wrote:22 rushes 31 yds vs Ashland

You don't give Pikeville D credit vs Hazard either. No rushing TDs allowed to Blair/Fletcher/Francis was huge. Intercepting Blair 4 times when he only had 5 all year long also huge. No TDs given up until tipped/bobbled/circus catch with seconds left was a huge defensive effort. I think defense matches up even better vs. Raceland and will play very well.

I give credit to there defense. They tightened up in the red zone where it matters. Hazard didn’t get scores but they moved the ball all night. But you and I both know that Pikeville can’t give up 200 on the ground again and get a W and that’s not counting the passing game too.

But I can tell you what I find most impressive about Pikeville is they do not beat themselves with a lot of Penalties.

I’m not making a prediction on the game just like last week. But whoever wins I’m going to be rooting them on next week and hope they leave it all out on the field in that title game..
jetpilot Wrote:22 rushes 31 yds vs Ashland

Just like you guys love pointing out about pikeville , Raceland has really improved all year the Ashland game was the second game of the year , summerset had the best D lineman we played all year he dominated up front and how did pikeville fair against Paintsville? If Pikeville comes into this game worried about the passing game more than running Raceland wins this game easily . Raceland line is playing better they start two sophomores and a jr it took a little bit to their feet under them
I think what anotherfootballnut said hits the nail on the head, both these teams have really improved. What Raceland did to Paintsville last Friday night has the best defense I have seen all year. Pikeville defense is going to have to play lights out to hold Raceland’s offense in somewhat of a check. Pikeville offensively has got to get more yards on first down and second downs to keep out of thirds and longs because against this defense they are not going to convert.but what he said about the Pikeville and Paintsville game has no bearing on this game because if you go back and look at the personal in that game there has been a lot of changes. About the starting of younger players heck all of ours are sophomores and juniors except one senior. Pikeville is going to have to sustain drives against this defense to win like they did in the first drive against Hazard and use the clock but also finish. It’s going to be a interesting game and it’s all about match-ups. I hope for a great game and good luck to these young men, GO Panthers!!!!!
Absolutely it’s all about matchups , Raceland has the advantage in speed this is one of the fastest teams Raceland has ever had , safe to say Gunnur will the fastest player on the field for either team . Raceland looks to be bigger up front and should control the line of scrimmage but hazard did and they are playing basketball right now . Raceland plays a clean game with no turnovers I love our chances
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Absolutely it’s all about matchups , Raceland has the advantage in speed this is one of the fastest teams Raceland has ever had , safe to say Gunnur will the fastest player on the field for either team . Raceland looks to be bigger up front and should control the line of scrimmage but hazard did and they are playing basketball right now . Raceland plays a clean game with no turnovers I love our chances

Raceland’s Bigger, Stonger, & Faster, lol!
Should the Panthers even bother traveling up the road for this one? Hope they don’t all have red capes under them orange & black unis!
You might have the fastest player but team speed I disagree. This Pikeville team is built on speed and it may not show on film but if you watch them actually in the games it will. Great you like your chances and I see why you have a very good team but I also like ours. Not trying to be a butt just love football and these Panthers. Either way who ever wins this game that’s who I will be for the next one for sure.
Pikevilles stats crew needs to step up the game. I was trying to show some numbers, and just can’t do it because the stats are so inconsistent. Pikeville offensive Numbers I can validate are:

LCA 30 rush for 144 yards
Paintsville 29 rush for 24 yards
Belfry 31 rush for 96 yards
Hazard 1st game rushed for 109 (1st start for new qb Roberts)
2nd game rushed for 127

Overall, both teams seem fairly consistent in what they do. The absolute key in this game is going to be turnovers and penalties, in my opinion. As for team speed, Pikeville can hold their own, based on video I’ve seen, it is not as huge a deficit (either way) as anotherfootballnut would have people believe. I think it is fairly even, with a SLIGHT total team edge to Pikeville (that’s all players, not just one or two).
PHSForever Wrote:Pikevilles stats crew needs to step up the game. I was trying to show some numbers, and just can’t do it because the stats are so inconsistent. Pikeville offensive Numbers I can validate are:

LCA 30 rush for 144 yards
Paintsville 29 rush for 24 yards
Belfry 31 rush for 96 yards
Hazard 1st game rushed for 109 (1st start for new qb Roberts)
2nd game rushed for 127

Overall, both teams seem fairly consistent in what they do. The absolute key in this game is going to be turnovers and penalties, in my opinion. As for team speed, Pikeville can hold their own, based on video I’ve seen, it is not as huge a deficit (either way) as anotherfootballnut would have people believe. I think it is fairly even, with a SLIGHT total team edge to Pikeville (that’s all players, not just one or two).

No way pikeville has more team speed , like I said this is one of the fastest teams Raceland has ever had including the defense front 7 . Pairs was suppose to built for speed too
The only team in Ky with more team speed than Raceland is Floyd Centrals Basketball team.........just ask them
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No way pikeville has more team speed , like I said this is one of the fastest teams Raceland has ever had including the defense front 7 . Pairs was suppose to built for speed too

Paris was built to play a weak schedule and lose to the first good team they played in the playoffs, and that's what they did. I'll put it another way, Pikeville skill players > Raceland skill players. More of them and better too.TongueirateSho
Another thing Raceland fans are conveniently forgetting is how Paintsville thoroughly dominated them in the 2nd half last week. And I mean THOROUGHLY. If Paintsville doesn't screw up their play calling at the end (aka choke) and just keep it on the ground they win. Instead the Freshman QB makes a mistake...but again Paintsville dominated the half big time and their run defense dominated the whole game.
Blah blah blah! Rams by eleventy billion!
31-14 sounds like total domination to me.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next