Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1A Semifinals Pikeville @ Raceland 11/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Raceland and Pikeville meet for the first time since 2013. This was a tough game for both teams when they played regularly and I expect this one to be no different. Pikeville is only two years removed from winning the 1A title while the Rams are looking to make their first finals appearance in program history. Both teams have really come alive in the playoffs and I don't think many people expected these two to be playing in the Eastern Semifinals but that is why you play the games. I look for a jam packed house in Raceland next week and I think this looks like it could be the year the Rams make it to the dance.

Raceland 24
Pikeville 15
Raceland 20
Pikeville 14
Good luck to both teams!
Had a feeling we were goina beat Paintaville after the way we closed out the Paris game. Have the same feeling this week. Goina take another consistent offensive night and that same tenacious defense to do it, but I think the RAMS are poised to continue to over achieve.

RAMS 27
Panthers 14
Rams in a right one 14-12 over the Panthers.
Don't know much about the mountain Putty tats. Did battalie play last night? Keep hearing that is their stud. If the Rams are on point I think they will win.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Don't know much about the mountain Putty tats. Did battalie play last night? Keep hearing that is their stud. If the Rams are on point I think they will win.

No he didn’t play and he won’t be. Congratulations to your team for the win but next week I have to be against you have always enjoyed your comments on BGR. I have never been to Raceland but if the Lord is willing I will be there Friday night. Good luck to you and your team next week but these young PANTHERS are coming. Plus this old man.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Don't know much about the mountain Putty tats. Did battalie play last night? Keep hearing that is their stud. If the Rams are on point I think they will win.
He did not play. Connor Roberts is the QB, he’s turned out to be a stud too. Looking forward to this game against the Ams
Always enjoyed these games. Hated to see the regular season game between these two come to an end. What kind of depth does Pikeville have? I know they had some upfront early in the year, but heard their center went down and another lineman earlier in the year?
I didn't think Pikeville would win at Hazard and I've got the same feeling about the Pikeville at Raceland game. Wouldn't shock me though at all if the Panthers won. This is the year for Class A schools in the East to beat the Panthers because they will be loaded for the foreseeable future.
There will be a lot of Ram fans get on here this week and say that the Rams should win....just a reminder of how Pikeville flipped a 40+ lose into a win a couple of years ago!! They done that with coaching!! The same coach is in the Pikeville sideline! I think(I forget his name) that Pikevilles coach is one of or not the best coach in the east!! So all Ram fans...don’t pull a Paintsville here and post all week about how we are the superior team and that we should win!! Go Rams!!
I like your post RamDad50, nobody believed this 2 teams would be here. Coach Mac has done an excellent job with these young men. Good luck to the Rams this weekend but GO Panthers!!! Hope for injury free gams for both teams and can’t wait to see ramland for my first time.
This Raceland team has surpassed all my expectations, no reason I can think of for them to stop now. Rams keep rolling
Pikeville wins this game if they don't lose the turnover/penalty battle.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:This Raceland team has surpassed all my expectations, no reason I can think of for them to stop now. Rams keep rolling

Agree 100%. I even picked against them in toss up games this year, of course hoping i would eat crow. But this team has had a different attitude since half time at the Paris game. They are playing with so much passion and desire amd HEART. Seniors stepping up to lead and our DL is wreaking havoc on QBs, our LB are stopping the run from sideline to sideline and our DBs are coverinf extremely well. Two kids that have made a massive impact are Gunner Lewis and Noah Davidson. Could not be prouder of the switch they have turned on the last 2 1/2 games. Amd can we talk for a minute about Tyus Ferguson making the TD catch last night? Thats a big, strong, and powerful addition to the recieving corps in the redzone. From coaching on down, this team has turned a corner i never thought possible. That being said, this must continue for two weeks to reach the goal a Raceland team never has.
Raceland has played championship football in the past two games and won in late game situations when they needed to be clutch. To me that is the biggest improvement of this season because earlier in the season they couldn't win at the end of games. Pikeville is a team that can't be overlooked though because they are very similar to us and no one gave them any respect or expected them to be in this game. This semifinal could be called a spoiler game because a lot of people expected it to be Hazard and Paintsville. This should be a very good game between two teams who have overachieved in what was considered to be rebuilding years for both programs.
I’m not gonna write a journal like Blaze and SB ...... GO RAMS!!!!
Raceland 28-21
I don't think the Panthers are gonna stop now. Peaking at the right time for sure. The defense is playing lights out, and the offense is right on track. Pikeville QB Conner Roberts played like a four year starter last night. Hard to believe this is his first year varsity start. Raceland has a real good team, or they wouldn't still be in it. Very impressive win over Paintsville. This will be a 1-A football war next Friday, no doubt. The only mountain football team that's still standing will win this one. No stopping now. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!
Got to say I ate some crow over Paintsville and Hazard lost last night.......But with that said Big Grinrums02: Big Grinrums02: Raceland has gave me many good memories when I was following Williamsburg and for that I going with RACELAND RAMS :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

Raceland 21
Paintsville 14
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The home had won every match up.
The sad thing is that now that Mayfield is gone Beechwood gets a free pass into the finals every year while the teams in the east have to kill each other every year to get to the title game.
Jarons Wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The home had won every match up.

No Raceland and Pikeville have won their last two on the road
Patriot1 Wrote:No Raceland and Pikeville have won their last two on the road

I believe the last time they played each other was 2013 for the regional championship at Raceland. Raceland won 14-3 in the rain.
Jarons Wrote:I believe the last time they played each other was 2013 for the regional championship at Raceland. Raceland won 14-3 in the rain.

The last one Pikeville won was in 2012 in the second round at Pikeville. Raceland beat them by 40 at Raceland in the regular season and lost the playoff game 26-20.
Sorry guys I thought he was talking about this years games in the playoffs
Just a friendly stat here.. if Hazard isn’t playing for the title then the team that beat them did....
This Pirate fan is cheering for the Panthers all the way. Go get that championship!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The sad thing is that now that Mayfield is gone Beechwood gets a free pass into the finals every year while the teams in the east have to kill each other every year to get to the title game.

Exactly!
I know that Pikeville is very young but how many seniors does Raceland have?
Coach Booth Wrote:I know that Pikeville is very young but how many seniors does Raceland have?

16 I believe, 14 start
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8