Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 81 Johnson Central 64
its to bad that the rice kid isn't about 6'6 or so. no one would be talking about landon slone, they would be talking about devin rice he has the best post moves in the 15th easy. He would be playing big D1 basketball if he had the height to go with his skill.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:its to bad that the rice kid isn't about 6'6 or so. no one would be talking about landon slone, they would be talking about devin rice he has the best post moves in the 15th easy. He would be playing big D1 basketball if he had the height to go with his skill.
How many more jealous people are there out there? It doesn't matter who is playing where, Landon Slone is one of the best players in the 15th Region. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows this is true.
Baller3 Wrote:How many more jealous people are there out there? It doesn't matter who is playing where, Landon Slone is one of the best players in the 15th Region. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows this is true.
why cant anyone give devin rice some credit he has the best post moves in the region.
Baller3 Wrote:How many more jealous people are there out there? It doesn't matter who is playing where, Landon Slone is one of the best players in the 15th Region. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows this is true.

We shall all bowel at Landon Slones feet since he is the greatest player, lets just send him on to the NBA. :lmao:
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:its to bad that the rice kid isn't about 6'6 or so. no one would be talking about landon slone, they would be talking about devin rice he has the best post moves in the 15th easy. He would be playing big D1 basketball if he had the height to go with his skill.

I wouldn't say he "easily" has the best post moves, he is good but to say he is easily the best is a bold statement. I'm not gonna argue about him bein the best post player because he probably is, but I haven't seen all the teams in this region play yet. As for him bein D1, well all I got to say is there have been MANY players from this region who coulda went D1 had they have had the size to go along with their skills.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:why cant anyone give devin rice some credit he has the best post moves in the region.
Because he is too short to play the post.
The only reason he looks like he has great post moves is because he is quicker than most post players. Now if he was 6'6" like you wish and still as quick, then we would all be impressed.
I am sorry that I can't get enthused about a 5'10" center??
All_Sport#1 Wrote:We shall all bowel at Landon Slones feet since he is the greatest player, lets just send him on to the NBA. :lmao:
Baller3 diden't say he was the greatest, just said that he was ONE of the best in the region.
But someone like yourself would surely be in the right if they did bow to Landon.

There....now that's funny!!:lmao:
The Guru Wrote:Because he is too short to play the post.
The only reason he looks like he has great post moves is because he is quicker than most post players. Now if he was 6'6" like you wish and still as quick, then we would all be impressed.
No No No let us be the one to appoligise to you for not having a post player that meets your high standards and expectations and also to have great post moves you have to have quickness and strength which he has just on a 5'10" frame
The Fan Wrote:No No No let us be the one to appoligise to you for not having a post player that meets your high standards and expectations and also to have great post moves you have to have quickness and strength which he has just on a 5'10" frame
I accept.

And to tell the truth....I am not really sorry.
Heck....I am not impressed with Paintsville's post play, as I think it is almost non existant, but they have taken down the Hornets twice this year with their incredible post player.
Last year's Helton was 10 times better in the Post than this years Rice. And he wasn't 6'6" either.
The Fan Wrote:No No No let us be the one to appoligise to you for not having a post player that meets your high standards and expectations and also to have great post moves you have to have quickness and strength which he has just on a 5'10" frame

Here is more food for thought.....Blake Bundy has great post moves, but that don't make him a great post player.
The Guru Wrote:I accept.

Heck....I am not impressed with Paintsville's post play, as I think it is almost non existant, but they have taken down the Hornets twice this year with their incredible post player.
Last year's Helton was 10 times better in the Post than this years Rice. And he wasn't 6'6" either.

I don't think Helton was a very good player, he just never faced any smart defensive players or he woulda fouled outta every ball game.
Redneck Wrote:I don't think Helton was a very good player, he just never faced any smart defensive players or he woulda fouled outta every ball game.
But he was still better. lol

i could care less if your sorry or not i was being sarcastic on my appology which obviosly was over your head . I never said he was incredible he has good skills in the post which is where he plays . I know no way he plays in the next level , buy for this region he is as good as anybody playing down low
The Fan Wrote:i could care less if your sorry or not i was being sarcastic on my appology which obviosly was over your head . I never said he was incredible he has good skills in the post which is where he plays . I know no way he plays in the next level , buy for this region he is as good as anybody playing down low
Fair enough.
Why not quit asking for people to think he is great then. If he was....they would say so.
The Guru Wrote:Fair enough.
Why not quit asking for people to think he is great then. If he was....they would say so.

You people make me sick!! Devin Rice is a great player!! Just cause certain people dont say so, you think they are right??? Someone gets some praise on here and just because its not a Paintsville player, you have to be negative!! :devilflam
I agree with Houshmanzadeh, I've never seen someone Rice's size and dominate a game like he does. Rice is without a doubt one of the top 3 post players in this region.

Of course Paintsville won. They have the Lebron Slone on their team. Sorry, I meant Landon Slone.
The Guru Wrote:Because he is too short to play the post.

Man wow do you even understand basketball at all? Size doesn't matter when he pumps fake 6'6 guys and gets them in the air and goes around them. He is a center and he does what he is suppose to do better than anyone in this region. Give this guy some credit, we give Landon Slone credit because we all realize that he is a great player and we can recognize a good player, so do the same for this great post player. Yea Paintsville might have won but Devin has always played a great game so don't discount him as a bad player. Get your nose out of Paintsville for a minute and admit that he is an excellent player.Confusedhh:
Lawrence Wrote:Of course Paintsville won. They have the Lebron Slone on their team. Sorry, I meant Landon Slone.

:notworthy :thatsfunn
hornetfan Wrote:You people make me sick!! Devin Rice is a great player!! Just cause certain people dont say so, you think they are right??? Someone gets some praise on here and just because its not a Paintsville player, you have to be negative!! :devilflam

That is where you don't know me at all. To me, it doesn't matter where you are from, if you are good, IMO, I will say so.

10 times better? He had two great games...can you guess who they played? Yes it was Pville and he had 28 pts both games...Devin has had 27+ games atleast 6 times this season. Thats pretty impressive for a 5'10 center!
The Guru Wrote:That is where you don't know me at all. To me, it doesn't matter where you are from, if you are good, IMO, I will say so.

Obviously you have no knowledge of basketball whatsoever. To deny the fact that Devin Rice is not one of the best, if not the best, post players in the 15th region is simply obsurd. You might as well just go ahead and say that Landon Slone is the best post player since he is the greatest player to ever touch a basketball. I heard the Celtics are trying to convince the NBA to let high school juniors come out early. I guess that's why they have lost 18 in a row.
devin rice is way taller than 5'10
maybe 5'11'' not way taller.
i think he maybe the shortest starter for magoffin.
15thRegionX Wrote:Man wow do you even understand basketball at all? Size doesn't matter when he pumps fake 6'6 guys and gets them in the air and goes around them. He is a center and he does what he is suppose to do better than anyone in this region. Give this guy some credit, we give Landon Slone credit because we all realize that he is a great player and we can recognize a good player, so do the same for this great post player. Yea Paintsville might have won but Devin has always played a great game so don't discount him as a bad player. Get your nose out of Paintsville for a minute and admit that he is an excellent player.Confusedhh:
tell me....just which 6'6" player has he schooled???? Come on, tell me. I know basketball, but don't blow smoke up my butt telling me that Rice is a great post player. There is a difference in having great post moves, and being a great post player. I have seen hundreds of kids this year alone that have great post moves, but that doesn't make them great post players.
OK....here go your props....Devin Rice might be the best 5'10 small foraed I have ever seen play center!
there....is that what you wanted?
It is just my personal opinion, but I don't consider him a post player at all....least of all not a great one.
The Guru Wrote:foraed

Well obviously they don't teach much English over there at Paintsville.
i think he "schooooooooled" the cats from betsy lane. and that big kid from sheldon clark. which is at least 6'5'' or 6'6''
Lawrence Wrote:Obviously you have no knowledge of basketball whatsoever. To deny the fact that Devin Rice is not one of the best, if not the best, post players in the 15th region is simply obsurd. You might as well just go ahead and say that Landon Slone is the best post player since he is the greatest player to ever touch a basketball. I heard the Celtics are trying to convince the NBA to let high school juniors come out early. I guess that's why they have lost 18 in a row.
Where in the hell have I denied that he was not one of the best post players in the 15th???? I just don't think he is very good as a post player. I have only seen him play 4 games this year, but you would think that in four games you would wittness a post player alter at least one shot.
The truth is.....there is not a great post player in the 15th. The kid from lawrence Co, IMO could be very good but has to learn to be more physical.
Why do you all keep bringing Landon in this??
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:i think he "schooooooooled" the cats from betsy lane. and that big kid from sheldon clark. which is at least 6'5'' or 6'6''

Heck...I could get around the kid from SC, and Betsy Layne??? That's the best you could come up with? LMAO