Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central pulls out of District.
Not a very good move.
Banker I have missed you on the basketball board. You need to come visit and make some more good posts for me to respond to. I really enjoy your basketball posts.

BUT being we are on the football board, you must think everyone on here is not on to you. Like the other poster said you ARE Rob Jones lapdog. See I never even mentioned Wde. And Wde does not stand for Wade if anyone tries to read something into this. Its a top secret term known only to a select few, like CellKing who will vouch for me.
I'll say one thing for the Bank....he bashes football all the time, but he disappears when the basketball team is getting smoked 88-182 combined in two back to back games. But when they beat some team worse then them he acts like they have beaten the Celtics.....that is worse than anything else he does, false hope.
Basketball has always been better tHan football at McCreary. Great turnaround from1 win to 10 so far. B ball back on the upswing, football is a disaster right now
Banker's Bank Wrote:I have watched this thing since the beginning in 30 year, one winning season , no playoff wins, zero, 1 winning season in 30 year

I'm an old poster on here...I've watched you all jab and dig at each other down there in McCreary for a long time. I'm friendly with one ex assistant coach in particular that I got to knowing personally and even delivered some game film to him once. He is a heck of a good guy with a positive attitude and I like him lot as a friend. I know that McCreary is a hard sell on football. Ex coaching staffs blame the administration, Administration doesn't seem to care according to the majority of posters on here. You, Banker, blame the ex coaches and in particular, the ones you don't like personally that post on here. The fact is that McCreary is a rural county with a limited student base and financial funding.

There has to be a solution to the football problem. What is it? Get the administration to throw gobs of money at the program until it is elite? I dont think so. Some improvement in the facilities would be a good thing, but, I don't think that is the complete answer. Sounds like there is at least two camps down there sniping each other for power. As an outsider looking in, I think you all need to get a coach from the "outside of the home area" like Letcher County did in Holcomb. That does take some money and teaching positions to make it happen, but, then again one camp or the other would lose that power. You tie the teaching positions directly to the coaching positions with no teaching tenure for those postions, but, a guarantee of four years for a contract to get things going. Succeed and get another contract. Fail and move on to the next staff. Then all of the "supporters" in the county could get behind one staff or sit on the sideline and suck their thumbs.

The only loser in all of this is the kids and that's a daggone shame. One camp loses games and the other delights in their failure and vice versa down there. A vicious cycle. I truly feel for your kids. No, dropping out of district isn't that good of a thing. The classes of kids that don't compete for district will regret the decision. Temporarily they might win a couple of games beating lesser teams, but, what about getting beaten by those same "bottom feeders" as someone on here so politely put it. Then you just go deeper down the rabbit hole. Get the kids some outside coaches and improve the equipment/facilities a little. Your kids deserve the best possible education and sports experience possible. Wouldn't all of you from both camps love to see the kids having break even seasons to winning seasons each year? It's better than all of the sniping. I've seen a little of both with my kids at Rockcastle. When your winning, the world is good and everyone talks about the team as "we". When your losing, it's always someone else's fault.

By the way Lilly, one of those "bottom feeders" you listed was my alma mater. :thanks::flush:
papagrit Wrote:I'm an old poster on here...I've watched you all jab and dig at each other down there in McCreary for a long time. I'm friendly with one ex assistant coach in particular that I got to knowing personally and even delivered some game film to him once. He is a heck of a good guy with a positive attitude and I like him lot as a friend. I know that McCreary is a hard sell on football. Ex coaching staffs blame the administration, Administration doesn't seem to care according to the majority of posters on here. You, Banker, blame the ex coaches and in particular, the ones you don't like personally that post on here. The fact is that McCreary is a rural county with a limited student base and financial funding.

There has to be a solution to the football problem. What is it? Get the administration to throw gobs of money at the program until it is elite? I dont think so. Some improvement in the facilities would be a good thing, but, I don't think that is the complete answer. Sounds like there is at least two camps down there sniping each other for power. As an outsider looking in, I think you all need to get a coach from the "outside of the home area" like Letcher County did in Holcomb. That does take some money and teaching positions to make it happen, but, then again one camp or the other would lose that power. You tie the teaching positions directly to the coaching positions with no teaching tenure for those postions, but, a guarantee of four years for a contract to get things going. Succeed and get another contract. Fail and move on to the next staff. Then all of the "supporters" in the county could get behind one staff or sit on the sideline and suck their thumbs.

The only loser in all of this is the kids and that's a daggone shame. One camp loses games and the other delights in their failure and vice versa down there. A vicious cycle. I truly feel for your kids. No, dropping out of district isn't that good of a thing. The classes of kids that don't compete for district will regret the decision. Temporarily they might win a couple of games beating lesser teams, but, what about getting beaten by those same "bottom feeders" as someone on here so politely put it. Then you just go deeper down the rabbit hole. Get the kids some outside coaches and improve the equipment/facilities a little. Your kids deserve the best possible education and sports experience possible. Wouldn't all of you from both camps love to see the kids having break even seasons to winning seasons each year? It's better than all of the sniping. I've seen a little of both with my kids at Rockcastle. When your winning, the world is good and everyone talks about the team as "we". When your losing, it's always someone else's fault.

By the way Lilly, one of those "bottom feeders" you listed was my alma mater. :thanks::flush:

You have a lot right about our Football Program. We need quite a bit put into the program, Facility, Equipment, field conditions all need improvement. Coach Galloway is still the Coach as far as I know. But if they did make a change it will be hard to go outside and find someone to replace him. Most Coaches need a Teaching Job and want one for their wife. We don't have any jobs. In fact the last 2 years we have laid off local Teachers. I agree with you very little will be gained by getting out of the District. This is going to take a total effort from everyone involved. I think the Administration will change soon and maybe we can get someone in charge that wants football to be a success. Contrary to the beliefs of some who post on here I want Football, Basketball ' Baseball and all sports in McCreary Count to be a success. :HitWall::HitWall:
Success in one sport doesn't hurt the others. I believe that Rockcastle had the two good football years in 2001 and 2002 with the basketball program getting to the sweet 16 about the same time. They were also having success in baseball about then as well with several district and maybe a regional crown. Since then, the facilities have not changed or been upgraded at all. Well, a new scoreboard on the football field. The only sport that has remained successful the entire time has been the girls track team...on the same facilities during the same era. That's due to a savy girls track coach. Rockcastle did get the girls basketball state championship in 2011 with a tightly knit group of excellent athletes. But that hasn't anything to do with the boys sports. My point is....success breeds more success if the community and the boosters stay hungry. It is a hard thing to pull off in a rural community with limited resources, but, it can be done. The late 90's to the mid 2000's were the high water mark in Rockcastle. Now there is no extra athletic budget money to be had and the hunger for athletic success isn't what it once was at Rockcastle. Success can be achieved if enough people throw themselves into working together though.
Some of the guys are right, you have to have a group effort for something like this to turn around and be successful. I have seen it happen a lot over the years at different school's -everyone gets on 'fire' for a sport, throws a lot of support & interest in it's direction and it will do a 360 turn around. Good luck to you all, everyone involved with high school football around the area want your program to be a success, it just makes everyone better when a program is solid.
papagrit Wrote:Success in one sport doesn't hurt the others. I believe that Rockcastle had the two good football years in 2001 and 2002 with the basketball program getting to the sweet 16 about the same time. They were also having success in baseball about then as well with several district and maybe a regional crown. Since then, the facilities have not changed or been upgraded at all. Well, a new scoreboard on the football field. The only sport that has remained successful the entire time has been the girls track team...on the same facilities during the same era. That's due to a savy girls track coach. Rockcastle did get the girls basketball state championship in 2011 with a tightly knit group of excellent athletes. But that hasn't anything to do with the boys sports. My point is....success breeds more success if the community and the boosters stay hungry. It is a hard thing to pull off in a rural community with limited resources, but, it can be done. The late 90's to the mid 2000's were the high water mark in Rockcastle. Now there is no extra athletic budget money to be had and the hunger for athletic success isn't what it once was at Rockcastle. Success can be achieved if enough people throw themselves into working together though.

Good Football = Good basketball
Good Basketball = Good Football

McCreary needs to hire a good young ast. coach from a good program. Two years to get his system in place at the HS and MS levels.
BossEric Wrote:Good Football = Good basketball
Good Basketball = Good Football

McCreary needs to hire a good young ast. coach from a good program. Two years to get his system in place at the HS and MS levels.

Have I missed something?? I thought they had a Coach???
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Have I missed something?? I thought they had a Coach???

My fault. I didn't know they had a coach. Don't know much about Galloway. I just read where Cell King said they had one. I hope he is a middle grounder (between the camps) that can get things going down there. I was sort of under the impression that McCreary had dropped from district contention and that there was no coach. Sorry about the error.
As long as the AD is at McCreary nothing is gonna change. I am sure this is his idea to further destroy the football program.
Banker's Bank Wrote:You R right , admin is a joke, they hired a hc who is a good man but does not have exp. then he picks up two middle school coaches with no hs exp. and Payne who gets recycled every two years or so , I didnt see him last yr. though it will be more of the same next year just not as big a blow outs. until supt, principal and ad get on same page there is no hope for football in mc but principal makes bad choices for HC's I dont understand why she hired coach Galloway he need to be a position coach not a hc . But we r stuck with him and his middle school coaches. principal is the boss it is her failing and she trying to correct it by not playing in district.

I believe that is 2 middle school Coaches McCrery Central has hired. In fact 2 in a row. Oh well.
Real Badman Wrote:Well they could have played with Casey and Jackson. But this is a good move. Schedule Jenkins, Phelps, East Carter, and some other low level competition. This playing Letcher Central, Leslie County, and Estill County is just unnecessary.

Ok let's say they would have dropped Letcher Central, Leslie County, Estill County and Scott County Tenn. (who is as good or better than any of schools listed). Picked up 4 they could compete with like you mentioned. Then kept Pineville, Clinton Co.. Jackson Co., Casey Co. Corbin and Bell in District. Would that have been to much to ask from their kids?? Why 2 years ago did McCreary AD sign off on those 4 out of district schools. Now wants to get out of district. Just don't understand.
It's all irrelevant now. Ad and Administration is now working on a schedule. I heard they picked up Fort Knox. Maybe they are looking for the Gold. Fort Knox has a better power rating than Jackson Co. Now that is crazy !!!!
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Ok let's say they would have dropped Letcher Central, Leslie County, Estill County and Scott County Tenn. (who is as good or better than any of schools listed). Picked up 4 they could compete with like you mentioned. Then kept Pineville, Clinton Co.. Jackson Co., Casey Co. Corbin and Bell in District. Would that have been to much to ask from their kids?? Why 2 years ago did McCreary AD sign off on those 4 out of district schools. Now wants to get out of district. Just don't understand.

McCreary is a struggling program. They have severe lack of numbers and they haven't won a game in what - 2 years? You drop out of district play and build up numbers. Kids don't want to play for a losing ball club. They're are athletes in McCreary, but to get them out the administration needs to show support. This is an act of doing so. McCreary could drop 10 games and play a schedule such as:

Phelps
Jenkins
South Floyd
Knott Co. Central
Bracken County
Emerience
Allen Central
Lynn Camp
Webster County
East Carter

Those are 10 very winnable games. Over the course of 5 years, has MC won 10 games combined? I can't speak for McCreary County High School, but from the records, yes it is too much to ask.
Real Badman Wrote:McCreary is a struggling program. They have severe lack of numbers and they haven't won a game in what - 2 years? You drop out of district play and build up numbers. Kids don't want to play for a losing ball club. They're are athletes in McCreary, but to get them out the administration needs to show support. This is an act of doing so. McCreary could drop 10 games and play a schedule such as:

Phelps
Jenkins
South Floyd
Knott Co. Central
Bracken County
Emerience
Allen Central
Lynn Camp
Webster County
East Carter

Those are 10 very winnable games. Over the course of 5 years, has MC won 10 games combined? I can't speak for McCreary County High School, but from the records, yes it is too much to ask.

No, they have won 5 games in last 5 years.
Who will pay for the extra travel expenses? Will that come out of the basketball budget? Trust me on this one. Robert Jones knows exactly what he is doing here. A year or two down the road there will be no football program. Cant afford it will be the excuse. Wickedness in high places.
Lilly Wrote:Who will pay for the extra travel expenses? Will that come out of the basketball budget? Trust me on this one. Robert Jones knows exactly what he is doing here. A year or two down the road there will be no football program. Cant afford it will be the excuse. Wickedness in high places.

The Football Budget will most likely have to find a way to pay for the travel. That is another reason to stay in Dist. If they have to make trips to Fort Knox, Jenkins, Allen Central in same year that will take most of the budget. I'm sure all these things were considered. Right!!!!
They were considered and thats why football will not exist very long in McCreary. Robert Jones is working hard behind the scenes to end football at McCreary. This is his plan and this is just the final move to get it done. Him and his lapdog spend many hours trying to figure out a way to get this done and finally they may have it, UNLESS someone with any brains can get them fired before they take down the whole program.
Anyone know what the schedule will look like, now they are out of District?
I just started a very interesting thread in Boys basketball asking if the basketball team should do this very thing. Pull out of district? Same scenario as football. Cant compete in district and must schedule all weak hand picked teams to win. What is difference?
Gary Galloway is the Head Coach at McCreary Central and I will support him until he is removed or quits. Case Closed.
is what boss Eric saying true cellking, if so that is awful for someone who claims to love our boys to do this to us.
You know Banker you and Boss know what you can do. I care about as much for you two as you do me. Feelings are the same. Don't have to explain anything to you or him.
Cool off children!!

For the first time in 40 years, I am down with the flu. Every muscle in my body screams in pain right now down to and including my finger muscles!!!

No more post editing!! Next time the thread will be closed....PROMISE!!!

Thank you for the PM.....
Cellking Wrote:You know Banker you and Boss know what you can do. I care about as much for you two as you do me. Feelings are the same. Don't have to explain anything to you or him.

You owe our whole community an explanation if it is true .
Granny Bear Wrote:Cool off children!!

For the first time in 40 years, I am down with the flu. Every muscle in my body screams in pain right now down to and including my finger muscles!!!

No more post editing!! Next time the thread will be closed....PROMISE!!!

Thank you for the PM.....

Close it, all those two want to do is bash me anyway. lol
U bring it on yourself taking kids away from us and talking bad about our admin all the time . leave us alone our kids deserve better role models
They have broken the biggest rule on here to reveal id. If not banned then everyone can just break every rule known to the board. I have been reprimanded for much lesser things and have stayed within the rules and these guys are revealing peoples personal names on the board and let by with it? SMH