•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 2015
Truth Wrote:If this Brown boy has completed his venue shopping and landed at Ashland, shouldn't he be required to sit out one year from the date of his enrollment before becoming eligible? Or is there an Ashland exemption for such matters?

Idk. Due to legal issues he didnt play a varsity snap in 2014. So idk.
"Legal issues" sounds interesting.
Truth Wrote:If this Brown boy has completed his venue shopping and landed at Ashland, shouldn't he be required to sit out one year from the date of his enrollment before becoming eligible? Or is there an Ashland exemption for such matters?

Where did Brown actually come from? Does anyone have any stats on him? How has he been fitting in at Blazer? Does it look like he'll stay at Ashland? Just some questions.
I think he came from the Huntington area as Frosh to Fairview. He was a good kick returner as a Frosh but the Fairview backfield was set with Yetts and Dolen as the feature backs that year. He played wing and had 800+ yards in 6 or 7 games, not bad for a Frosh and being the 3rd back. He is a good athelete with alot speed. He should be a viable asset to the Tomcats. I think he will stick around at Ashland. He should neways. This is second chance for him after a big mistake that I wont get into to out of respect to him and his family. From what I hear he has grown from it and is doig well at Ashland.
Ashland needs to change some things up to create more balance on offense. Brown could be that difference, imo.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What i have said since baker was a frosh. Too many weapons for them to be running a zone with no viable passing game. Spread is the way to go.

Russells offense would suit him well then. Come on down big guy
mightydog Wrote:Russells offense would suit him well then. Come on down big guy

Hahaha
Ashland has one of the best traditions, good luck.
topnotch Wrote:Ashland has one of the best traditions, good luck.

When it comes down to it I'll take a state title over tradition. Lol
Good point, but I think Bowling Green is an achievable goal for the Tomcats this year. The only piece they are really missing is a QB. Hopefully someone can come in and be a viable enough weapon to get some players out of the box to open up running lanes.
Baker ran a 10.98 100M yesterday 1st place and a 22.98 200M 1st place. Kid is working hard in the weight room and on the track should be primed for a HUGE Senior season.
Hearing OBryan will be QB at 6-5 255 and can run pretty good for his size and has a Cannon for a throwing arm that hopefully is a change in the right direction.
T-CATS Wrote:Hearing OBryan will be QB at 6-5 255 and can run pretty good for his size and has a Cannon for a throwing arm that hopefully is a change in the right direction.

that's a big man at quarterback.hopefully he keeps defenses honest. Go Tomcats :Cheerlead
I would guess he is more like 6-3 225
washed up Wrote:I would guess he is more like 6-3 225

If he has shot up to 6'5" 255 then he has had onehell of a growth spurt!
Maybe not. I didnt remember him being that tall but his hudl stats say he is 6'4" 240, so its not out of the line of reason for him to be an inch taller and 15lbs heavier. Thats a big qb though lol
We will see how Baker does in the state meet this week. The regional times are a little deceiving because of lack of completion. He was 2 seconds plus quicker then 2nd place in both. Guessing he let up near the finish. Ran into O'Byran a few days ago I'm 6'1 he legit 6'4 6'5 and looks thicker. He looks a lot thicker then 225.
What kind of experience does O'Bryan have at QB?
Last played QB in the 9th grade.
I seriously doubt he plays QB because they will not take him off defense and past practices indicate that the QB does not play defense.
I wonder if Brown will get a chance at QB. Idk if has any throwing ability, but with Baker in the backfield already, that will provide another threat in the vear/option/Wildcat. Ashland needs someone back there who can atleast hit the 10 and out routes and the flat screens to Baker to get him into space. They cant be one demensional. Very few teams can these days.
Think you see a 2 or 3 headed QB rotation depending on down distance and situation. Ashland will be run first and try and throw to keep teams from loading the box. Also may play a lot with no QB and just snap to Brown and a Baker directly.
So is this the year that Ashland gets past Johnson Central?
Hope so definitely think they might meet 2 times this year. Regular season and region championship. Coaching and OL play will decide Ashland fate. Hoping they play with the fire they had at the end of last season.
Ashland Blazer Football Schedule

Found this on MaxPreps.com

08/28
7:30p
Raceland (Raceland, KY)
Game
09/04
George Washington (Charleston, WV)
Game
09/11
@ Russell (Russell, KY)
Game
09/18
Ironton (Ironton, OH)
Game
09/25
@ Rowan County (Morehead, KY)
Game
10/02
@ Boyd County (Ashland, KY)
Rivalry Game
Preview
Game
10/09
@ East Carter (Grayson, KY)
Game
10/16
Greenup County (Greenup, KY)
Game
10/23
Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY)
Game
10/30
@ Tates Creek (Lexington, KY)
Game
seen him earlier today. he is def not 6'5...more like 6'2 maybe 6'3...about 220 lbs...good player by all means but sounds like a coach or dad is inflating stats....and playing linebacker on defense and qb I don't think so. when he did play qb as a freshman it was not pretty
He is 6'3" and 220 in bare feet and shorts only. A much different athlete than his freshman year. He currently has one D1 offer (Ball State) as either a TE/H or DE depending on how their class shakes out.
I just feel O'Brian's more useful on the defensive side of the ball. How did Dowdy and Roberts doing Spring ball?
He could and can play both if they go that direction, Baker wins the 100 meter state track final with a 10.79. Ian Holbrock play QB and some time at LB too. Isn't that hard to hand it to Baker!!!
If we just hand it to Baker we will not get where we want to. I believe that we can reduce his carries and increase his yards if we diversify a little.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next