Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 29 Fairview 25
KyRock Wrote:#3?

#3 Antwain Washington has been in Fairview school system for some time but he never played football ever in his life until this yr , but no he isnt a new transfer he just never played before
StrayBullet Wrote:The fumble call as LC was going in for the TD (which ended up being a safety anyway) was really bad.
If I were a Fairview fan I would be scratching my head on the play-calling inside the 5 with less than 3 mins to go to take the lead. 4 and 2 and you run that play? Roll your QB out and give him the option to run or throw from the 2 yard line.

Was a Fumble! Some of the others were bad but believe it or not that is one they got right.
This game was a thriller. If I Had to narrow it down I would say that #24 for LC had a big impact on this game. Him and Kiser teamed up on the 4th down play that put LC up for good. I have not seen a TE from this area be so productive in many years. He was also the punter that booted that last punt that had a hang time of about 5 minutes it seemed. #3 for Fairview wanted no part of it. Him and Kiser also teamed up on defense to effectively stop the Fairview offense at crucial times of the game. 1st game this year they have been used on defense. The LC defense needs some work. Trouble with subs, trouble with defensives sets, problems with pass coverage, but fixable
Talon Wrote:#3 Antwain Washington has been in Fairview school system for some time but he never played football ever in his life until this yr , but no he isnt a new transfer he just never played before

That dude got some skill to have never played. What grade is he in? I can't seem to find him on the roster. I really hate that Fairview won't get to play in the playoffs this year because they would definetly be a contender.
Talon Wrote:Fairview lost 3 or 4 players? Are you kidding me ? Here is a partial list of starters Fairview had last year that isnt with Fairview anymore.
1. RB/LB Tanner Dolen
2. FB/LB Armonde Yetts
3. RB/CB Kurtlen Brown
4. RB/WR/ CB Isaiah King
5. WR/FS Fred Hightower
6. C Goble ( cant remember his 1st name)
7. LB Goble ( the other Goble Brother)
8. DE / TE Caleb McNight
9. TE / WR/DE Logan Thovson
10. CB/RB Jalen Thomas
11. OL/DL Anthony Roark
12. OL/DL Tanner Young
13. OL/DL Cody McPeek
14. DL Fitchpatrick
15. DE/DL Chris Perkins

Here is a list of players i can think of who either started or contributed quite a bit from last yrs team who are returning as starters this yr
1. QB Alex Roy
2. OL Dan Metzler
3. CB/ WR Kyle Stormes

PS number 3 on this years team is a Jr who never played football before this year

Dang Talon why did all those player leave. Were they all transfers or did they just give up on the team when the coach was gone. It's a shame because Fairview has a good team this year and with just a few of those guys no telling how good you could be.
Eagle84 Wrote:Call TC for their advise.

Tijuana County?:hilarious:Confusednicker:
KyRock Wrote:That dude got some skill to have never played. What grade is he in? I can't seem to find him on the roster. I really hate that Fairview won't get to play in the playoffs this year because they would definetly be a contender.

He is a Jr . Fairview is eligible for post season play this year , the post season sanction was only for last year . So we will get to play in the playoffs this year
Best of Luck to Fairview! I am glad to hear that the rest of the kids shouldn't have to suffer over a couple people's stupidity.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Dang Talon why did all those player leave. Were they all transfers or did they just give up on the team when the coach was gone. It's a shame because Fairview has a good team this year and with just a few of those guys no telling how good you could be.

Most jumped ship , a couple graduated , a couple got into some trouble , & cant play yet , but may be eligible to be back to play by the Pike County Central , or Raceland Game . 1 player had to move away to Michigan with his family .
Talon Wrote:Most jumped ship , a couple graduated , a couple got into some trouble , & cant play yet , but may be eligible to be back to play by the Pike County Central , or Raceland Game . 1 player had to move away to Michigan with his family .

The way those Kids play I would be happy to have the ones that have stayed. I didn't get to watch the game last year. IMO this LC team is twice better than last year and Fairview stayed right with us and could have easily won. I am glad we got the W but more than anything LC getting tested and win a close one and have to fight to win it. I really like this game on the schedule I had said in another thread I would like to see LC pick up some different teams. This is one I hope doesn't change I think a game like tonight will help both teams down the Road!
eastern Wrote:LC is overrated or their fans is absolutely crazy. [B]Fairview gave the game away[/B] with less than 2 minutes dropped a pass in the endzone. All and all was a heck of a game to watch but Belfry is untouchable in 3a on this side of the state. I wish them well but I wouldn't trash talk a team that should've beat you tonight but gave it away. Like I said was a heck of a game to watch good luck to both teams.

Really! At what point did Fairview have this commanding lead in this game to give the game away lol. The Dawg's didn't play very well in this game and never at one time did they put their best defense in this game and Fairview is a much better team then you think. I don't know what trash talk you are talking about because we don't have nothing but congrats from the Fairview and Lawrence fans in this thread, the people who are trash talking are not even fans of either team if you look a little closer! Both teams put 11 out on the field and Lawrence County won...........end of story, and if you are a Fairview fan then stop putting your own team down.
KyRock Wrote:Add Fairview to the list of teams that not only would compete but IMO beat JC up and down the field.

hahaha, add Fairview to the list of teams that JC did play with last year , moron...Fairview had a much much better team last year than they do this year, and ...They did beat LC last year, didn't they?? Yep, they sure did:biggrin:......BTW, this team that beat LC last year is the same team that JC had down 50-0 at halftime in their scrimmage last year.:Clap:
KyRock Wrote:I would be careful calling out little 1a Fairview because they would spank 4a JC.

Again, refer to the above post.
KyRock Wrote:I would love to see LC and JC play win or lose it would benefit us alot.

Yeah, but just think how a it would be such a waste of time for JC...Besides your coaches are too yeller to play to begin with.....I guess they already realize they LC cant beat JC in anything else they play, so .............Confusednicker:
KyRock Wrote:The way those Kids play I would be happy to have the ones that have stayed. I didn't get to watch the game last year. IMO this LC team is twice better than last year and Fairview stayed right with us and could have easily won. I am glad we got the W but more than anything LC getting tested and win a close one and have to fight to win it. I really like this game on the schedule I had said in another thread I would like to see LC pick up some different teams. This is one I hope doesn't change I think a game like tonight will help both teams down the Road!

WR Castle Elementary would be glad to give to you a shot, that is if you're not afraid to play them too.: It would be a nice tune up game for the Tomcats to get them ready for the county elementary playoffs. It would give Dawgs a chance too play a local game, where they could rest the mules that pull the team wagon on all their road games too.The completion wouldn't be as good as what W.R. is used to playing, but it could be kinda of a breather game to let them work out a few kinks..It would also give LC a chance to beef up their schedule...You cant get better until you play teams better than you are, ya know.:flame:

Nah, it'll never happen...Too Yeller!!!
Very surprised of this score.
Why is everyone so surprised at this score? It was a hard fought game between two schools that wanted to win. They both left it all on the field. Yeah there were a lot of penalties on both sides, and both turned the ball over. The fact is that both teams need work to do still and that's a good thing. It was a great high school football game that had a little bit of everything. If you are going to find something to complain about in a game like that then you need to just sit at the house and not go. That was a playoff type atmosphere and I absolutely loved it. I'm proud of both teams and really applaud their efforts. I seen big play after big play, electrifying runs, some huge hits on both sides, and in the midst of it all I seen good sportsmanship. Good luck to both teams. I think both will make some
Noise in their respective classes. Thanks to Fairview for their great hospitality, met some amazing people.
KyRock Wrote:Speaking of a WV idiot Confusednicker:

Coming from you I'll take that as a complement seeing as being an idiot is several levels higher than you. I'm proud of my Ky/Wv team. You should be more like me and pay taxes so your school could afford to give others an education. So to start with get off your lazy a$$ get off SSI and get a job.
It's easily to sit and hid behind the key board and talk big, buy the reason JC play the Mexican Teams is because we can not LC to play us. (Football) ( I am guessing it will be the same in baseball since you went (ran )to the other Region) Do I need to remind you what Belfry did to LC last year. However, I do have hope for your. I can see at time in your post that you are taking your medication. Keep all your Dr. appointments and we all will pray for you.
That is your opinion and I respect it Eagle84 but I don't think I look
at it as LC ran to another district. We will still be in the same region and if you guys are good as usual then I'm sure the two schools will play in basketball, and baseball. As for
Football I'm not sure why the two don't play. As for remembering things, I remember when LC used to thump JC and that wasn't real long ago. That was then and this is now. Both schools have great tradition and I love how both represent their communities. There are a lot of good friends in Johnson County and I respect what they do.
Sounds like a good game The wood looks like they are a little better then we thought and definitely better then Boyd or Rowan.
The Washington kid i believe has been there for awhile. On the basketball team if in not mistaken. But this is his first year playing football.
Bob Seger Wrote:hahaha, add Fairview to the list of teams that JC did play with last year , moron...Fairview had a much much better team last year than they do this year, and ...They did beat LC last year, didn't they?? Yep, they sure did:biggrin:......BTW, this team that beat LC last year is the same team that JC had down 50-0 at halftime in their scrimmage last year.:Clap:

Here we go I was waiting on a last year excuse:Shaking: I should expect it from Bobby and the rest of JC Fans. Same old Same old we almost or well last year. Fact is you got beat in the playoffs last year from the 5th or 6th best team in 4a! You bring up a Scrimmage, Really a Scrimmage? Really? Really? Realllllyyyy? IMO this year Fairview team is twice as good as last years team. And would throw the ball All Day and All Night on most teams in Eastern Ky. They are a 1a team and wear down sooner or later. Really A Scrimmage? :hilarious::biglmao:Confusednicker:
Eagle84 Wrote:It's easily to sit and hid behind the key board and talk big, buy the reason JC play the Mexican Teams is because we can not LC to play us. (Football) ( I am guessing it will be the same in baseball since you went (ran )to the other Region) Do I need to remind you what Belfry did to LC last year. However, I do have hope for your. I can see at time in your post that you are taking your medication. Keep all your Dr. appointments and we all will pray for you.

:yawn:
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:Coming from you I'll take that as a complement seeing as being an idiot is several levels higher than you. I'm proud of my Ky/Wv team. You should be more like me and pay taxes so your school could afford to give others an education. So to start with get off your lazy a$$ get off SSI and get a job.

Confusednicker:
Just read the paper, Roy went for 364 through the air, it's obvious he is headed for a record breaking year.
KyRock Wrote:Here we go I was waiting on a last year excuse:Shaking: I should expect it from Bobby and the rest of JC Fans. Same old Same old we almost or well last year. Fact is you got beat in the playoffs last year from the 5th or 6th best team in 4a! You bring up a Scrimmage, Really a Scrimmage? Really? Really? Realllllyyyy? IMO this year Fairview team is twice as good as last years team. And would throw the ball All Day and All Night on most teams in Eastern Ky. They are a 1a team and wear down sooner or later. Really A Scrimmage? :hilarious::biglmao:Confusednicker:

Here's the real funny part...Scrimmage or a real game you cant hang your hat on anything because they wore LC out while JC destroyed them.....hahaha

Ah, it must get real frustration "rocksinyourhead" to have to live in a world where under EVERY circumstance you and yours fall short with everything involved with Johnson Co...Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Here's the real funny part...Scrimmage or a real game you cant hang your hat on anything because they wore LC out while JC destroyed them.....hahaha

Ah, it must get real frustration "rocksinyourhead" to have to live in a world where under EVERY circumstance you and yours fall short with everything involved with Johnson Co...Confusednicker:

JC is just S-o-f-t. I just heard something :hilarious: When Haywood finally retires at Belfry that Matney will leave JC hanging like he did SC and take the job. :hilarious: Back to the drawing board for JC and the not competing for the playoffs kinda of season. :hilarious: :flush:Confusednicker:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:That is your opinion and I respect it Eagle84 but I don't think I look
at it as LC ran to another district. We will still be in the same region and if you guys are good as usual then I'm sure the two schools will play in basketball, and baseball. As for
Football I'm not sure why the two don't play. As for remembering things, I remember when LC used to thump JC and that wasn't real long ago. That was then and this is now. Both schools have great tradition and I love how both represent their communities. There are a lot of good friends in Johnson County and I respect what they do.

You are correct I should have not use the (run)(I was just picking at KY Rock to see if he had taken his medication today). LC had a very good baseball program and will put a good team on the field next year. I have lots of respect for the coach and program. However, what I was told by several coaches at the Regional Baseball Meeting, where much of the local scheduling is usual done LC coach was ask by JC coach to schedule games for home and away games and the LC coach did not respond just got up and walk out. Maybe with more time LC coach will re-think that decision and we will play.

For football several times in post I have said how I believe a game between LC / JC was good for both teams. This game could develop and to one of the better match up in the region. I think LC football is on an upward direction. Playing the schedule LC is playing currently I understand but it time for the schedule to be upgrades. Like it or not as KY Rock likes to say that JC is down but you can bet your A** JC will be and upgrade to any teams on your non district schedule.
The way Double G was building up this team, I too am surprised at this score. I was looking for a running clock.