•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 42 Williamsburg 0
1. Congrats mayfield! You dominated in all phases.
2. Pikeville would have scored along with hazard could have too.
3. If khsaa didnt have a stick up their butt the raceland pikeville game never wouldve happened due to the substandard playing surface Raceland calls a field. Probably tied with south floyd for worst fields in ky.
4. Congrats again mayfield, panthers will see you next year!
Nice post 64sur hope your team has another great year next year.
We faced the best 2 running teams in 1a other than Mayfield, in the 2 previous weeks. They didn't control the clock either. I think the difference was how fast and aggressive our line was. Even when the jv came in we were penetrating their 1st team up front. We was getting tfl all game long.
Mastadon89 Wrote:1. Congrats mayfield! You dominated in all phases.
3. If khsaa didnt have a stick up their butt the raceland pikeville game never wouldve happened due to the substandard playing surface Raceland calls a field. Probably tied with south floyd for worst fields in ky.

How do you know they would have scored. Williamsburg was there for a reason. They beat all of you other guys. It's a little late to be whining. It's fans like you that make it hard to root for your Panthers.
To all, I did meet 64. He seems to be as great a guy in person as on the web. I also met Top Notch and he seemed like a good guy as well. I really felt bad for them but, the great feeling of being state champs trumps that for now.

1. Agree
2. No pikeville wouldn't have score they stay home
3.you should have forfeited and not got mud on your panthers uniform
4.agree again,first you will see Williamsburg
:biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: and one big :biglmao:
Guys, you cannot take anything away from the orange jackets, Deon (Jackson) just blew in. The storm arrived as well. That team beat all that you guys had to offer over there so give them the respect they deserve. We just matched up better.
Before you all start talking over on the east side about getting the burg next year, remember they are a junior dominated team.
mysonis55 Wrote:To all, I did meet 64. He seems to be as great a guy in person as on the web. I also met Top Notch and he seemed like a good guy as well. I really felt bad for them but, the great feeling of being state champs trumps that for now.

Don't feel bad 55 I feel bad for Cherokee that wasn't Top Notch.:lmao: I think the stats will prove that Williamsburg had more fans than Mayfield :igiveup:
mightydog Wrote:Just currious, how does a small school like Mayfield get such good athletes to get to the championship game and win so often?

Coaching
My bad. Brain fart, long drive. I know who he is related to and who he is just wrong screen name. Sorry Cherokee. He seems like a great guy as well. I thought I was gonna meet top notch too.
Congrats Mayfield on another year of completely dominating everyone. With the six class system we have, I think its going to take a special team like the 2011 Hazard team to have a legitimate shot at beating Mayfield in the title game. Also, buy a 10 dollar sticker to commemorate this one on the banner Confusednicker:
As for Wburg, hell of a season. Been very impressed with you guys all year. I expect a repeat trip next year.
mysonis55 Wrote:My bad. Brain fart, long drive. I know who he is related to and who he is just wrong screen name. Sorry Cherokee. He seems like a great guy as well. I thought I was gonna meet top notch too.

Top Notch did ride down with me he wentt to sky boxes and stay warm :Sad04:

:howdy: Good luck cry baby :Sad04:
Congrats Cardinals! This win is bitter sweet. My wife is terminally ill and she got to see her two sons play and win a state championship. My father-in-law flew in from Florida to watch his grandsons play. It has been a great day..
Congrats to Williamsburg on a great season.
I just want to congratulate 64SUR and the Williamsburg Yellow Jackets who is really orange on a WONDERFUL season. Nothing to hang your heads. Trust me I wish we could have been in your alls shoes today. Work hard in the off season and you will be back in BG and you will have a game like today under your belt.
WoW!
What a day!
Starts out with getting to meet the one and only 64 in the flesh!
Heck of a nice guy as was his side kick Cherokee! Fine man!

Congrats to my Cardinals and to Williamsburg
Mayfieldsportsfan, may GOD be with you and your wife. It sends chills down my spine that she got to see her sons play and win a state championship. This really puts things in prospective. I wish your wife comfort.
Congrats to both teams on a great season! The Jackets looked like they had the deer in the headlights syndrome early. Also I was 10 minutes away from meeting 64 & cherokee. 55 told me they are gentlemen. Hope to have better weather, same matchup, and morning tailgating next year.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Congrats Cardinals! This win is bitter sweet. My wife is terminally ill and she got to see her two sons play and win a state championship. My father-in-law flew in from Florida to watch his grandsons play. It has been a great day..

Good Lord MSF…praying the great days outnumber the not so much. God bless you and your family and congratulations. Two brothers playing on a state championship team is a beautiful thing. Have a magnificent weekend!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Good Lord MSF…praying the great days outnumber the not so much. God bless you and your family and congratulations. Two brothers playing on a state championship team is a beautiful thing. Have a magnificent weekend!

:Thumbs:

Thank you. There were a lot of tears today.
bear claw Wrote:Mayfieldsportsfan, may GOD be with you and your wife. It sends chills down my spine that she got to see her sons play and win a state championship. This really puts things in prospective. I wish your wife comfort.

Thank you.
Great year Williamsburg! I really believe u guys get back to BG next season.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Congrats Cardinals! This win is bitter sweet. My wife is terminally ill and she got to see her two sons play and win a state championship. My father-in-law flew in from Florida to watch his grandsons play. It has been a great day..

I didn't know this man, so sorry for you and your family, our family will be praying for you.
Well. Hell of a job cards.. I got 42 plates of crow will be handing them out one by one... first off this doesnt apply to all the cool burg fans just the ones running their mouth for them.. START CHEWIN!.... nky91 was just being a dick.. there is no since in posting stuff of that manner to take away from greatness that these kids have achived.. wayne really? Lets bring this up again.. they beat williamsburg by 28.. not to toot my own horn but we handed whippins to the burg in the cold rain and ice.. was not even fair weather.. 42 points.. and coulda been (for loss of better words) anything to nothing.. williamsburg fans wat u think .. end this for us plzs... wayne or mayfield? Williamsburg..yall had some really nice fans and it was great to see new teams making apperences on the carpet.. now that uv been here I hope ur program can take note an work on things for a better showing next year. Lookin forward to it and the epic threads .Sizemore showed some true heart even after not bein able to pass as he did all year.. kid does have some legs and would just seem to fall forward for several yards while running..
99% of our kids come from mayfield.. there might be a kid ever two years or so who comes from graves co.. our kids have football instilled from peewee.. venues like this one makes impressions on our kids as it did us and our dads.. this experience and love for the game drives our kids along with a coaching staff that cant be dupilicated...tradition.. the speed is here the size is here.. as it is in most cities.. when there is no drive for success that kid who could make a hellof a player with some guidence is instead sellin dope or drinkin or failing school.. when u look at it as a whole.. mayfields success comes from everthing.parents .teachers.friends.upbringing.heart......guess the difference is coaches involving kids from age five all the way through the program. For the record ..no we dont recute..

#####10##### way to go big red.. we r proud of u.. mayfield graduates 18. But after a closer look they return a not so bleek roster with a loaded freshman squad and 8th gradetoo.. not predicting anything but next year could be the sixth streight apperance..

Sorry budddy, I didn't know it myself but made me smile hearing what a wonderful day it was for all of you
mayfield_9 Wrote:Do you really think this? Is that a cut down on Mayfield?

No, and why would it be... It just says they were satisfied with beating hazard... pretty simple..
There team goal for the season was to beat Hazard and they did..
bac2369 Wrote:No, and why would it be... It just says they were satisfied with beating hazard... pretty simple..
If they were satisfied with beating Hazard, they sure didn't show it by beating Raceland 34-7. Where was the letdown last week?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next