Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Wayne County 10/4/13
topnotch Wrote:Williamsburg played Wayne a really nose to nose football game the final score in no way revealed the game, I don't think they can move the ball on Corbin, Corbin 14 Wayne 7 go hounds,

They will go up and down the field on Corbin at Will. This game want be close.
If we are talking state titles as bad as I hate to say it the road still goes they Louisville Central!!!! I think Belfry has as good of a chance as the last 3 years but Central has their number. The best outcome will be if Wayne or Corbin can get lucky and knock them off. Central is setting at 3-3 no offense to Belfry but they are not playing the same schedule. Belfry has beat good teams Harlan Co (who's way down from what we all expected), Somerset ( who's not as good as we thought), Pikeville (great 1A team but cannot play with the better 3A teams: central, belfry), and Southwestern (their winless but they are one heck of a team). While IMO Belfry's schedule is a million times better the Corbin or Wayne's I just don't know if they will be able to handle the Goliath of 3A it will be a heck of a game but let's hope Central gets hammered by David before the state title game. I'm tired I seeing Central win!! I would love to see them get beat out this year but until it happens everybody needs to worry about them. Well except for my hounds we got to tackle one beast at a time!!!

GO BIG RED!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:If we are talking state titles as bad as I hate to say it the road still goes they Louisville Central!!!! I think Belfry has as good of a chance as the last 3 years but Central has their number. The best outcome will be if Wayne or Corbin can get lucky and knock them off. Central is setting at 3-3 no offense to Belfry but they are not playing the same schedule. Belfry has beat good teams Harlan Co (who's way down from what we all expected), Somerset ( who's not as good as we thought), Pikeville (great 1A team but cannot play with the better 3A teams: central, belfry), and Southwestern (their winless but they are one heck of a team). While IMO Belfry's schedule is a million times better the Corbin or Wayne's I just don't know if they will be able to handle the Goliath of 3A it will be a heck of a game but let's hope Central gets hammered by David before the state title game. I'm tired I seeing Central win!! I would love to see them get beat out this year but until it happens everybody needs to worry about them. Well except for my hounds we got to tackle one beast at a time!!!

GO BIG RED!!

I agree, Corbin has to take it one week at a time, starting this week. It will be interesting to see how the first few series go in this game. I expect Wayne to come out and punch Corbin in the mouth early, how the Redhounds respond will tell us how far along they actually are at this point in time.

Taylor needs to manage the game well from the QB position for the Hounds and not get rattled and start throwing it up for grabs. You can't afford to give the Cardinals anything easy, if Corbin can make them put long drives together, they have a shot at the upset.
Go Big Red! Wrote:Wayne co state champions already, guess I should just save my gas money Friday night. I have heard hype for a year now so what if Corbin goes to Wayne and hits them right square in the mouth? Destroys their homecoming night and all their dreams? If you think they are gonna beat Corbin by 21+ your crazy that's about the ceiling on the amount of points Wayne could score. This Corbin defense IMO is the real deal!! I might have to get on here and say I was wrong Saturday morning but I'm man enough to do that. Let's see how many people get on here and say damn these Corbin boys have a shot of playing on the carpet. IMO we have the toughest district in 3a but Belfry and Central may be still be a notch ahead of us. Central has been getting beat but they are not playing the south laurel cardinals of the football world.

This game is for the district title the game that counts is when they meet in the quarter or semi finals!!

Go Big Red!

You can add Bourbon, South Warren, and of course Wayne to that statement...
If Corbin or Wayne wants to knock Central out then you have Belfry's full support HAHA
If Wayne knocks off Central it will be in the regional final. That will not benefit Corbin in that they will play them in the previous round. 2 seeds play 1 seeds in the regional semis. Wayne will be the 1 seed in that district.
Boys you are crazy!!!! Corbin wins this game tell me about it Saturday morning!! You will all be singing a different tune!!
E's Army Wrote:If Wayne knocks off Central it will be in the regional final. That will not benefit Corbin in that they will play them in the previous round. 2 seeds play 1 seeds in the regional semis. Wayne will be the 1 seed in that district.

I wasn't saying it would benefit Corbin. I said it would be nice for Belfry if Wayne or Corbin knocked off Central.

Whoever it is that plays Central in the semis will have to play at Central. Its going to be hard for Wayne to win the district after Saturday there buddy IMO!
Go Big Red! Wrote:Boys you are crazy!!!! Corbin wins this game tell me about it Saturday morning!! You will all be singing a different tune!!

Ok what time Saturday how about Friday night after the game.Big Red :Sad04:
Have you guys seen Wayne play they are one of the most physical teams I have seen in a while.
Friday night is fine I will be on here giving updates for ya!!! Don't be a hater!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:Friday night is fine I will be on here giving updates for ya!!! Don't be a hater!!

:dudecomeon: I'm not a hater. I have said in some of my posts I would love to see Corbin beat Wayne co but it's not going to happen an you can remind me later on here. :please:
Go Big Red! you are doing a good job.

Go Go Big Red!

Go Big Redhounds!

Can't WAIT!!!!!
Cellking Wrote:They will go up and down the field on Corbin at Will. This game want be close.

:please: Corbin has gave up one TD all year on the varsity and it was a mixed varsity not all the starters. If you think anybody is going to just go up and down the field on them you have lost your mind!! You better bring in some horses if u wanna run all over these old boys.
I'm here to tell you I have a friend in Wayne County and their team has the utmost respect for Corbin. I'm not sure where all these Wayne County fans on here because they never had any on here before. Wayne County has played Corbin for forever. They only have 2 wins out of the whole series. They know what kind of team Corbin has. Heck Corbin is ranked above Wayne in the Litkinhouse Rankings. Because of their tradition, fans and the heck of a team they are Wayne will have to be on their A game to win. It really wouldn't surprise me if it went either way.
johnnyd Wrote:I'm here to tell you I have a friend in Wayne County and their team has the utmost respect for Corbin. I'm not sure where all these Wayne County fans on here because they never had any on here before. Wayne County has played Corbin for forever. They only have 2 wins out of the whole series. They know what kind of team Corbin has. Heck Corbin is ranked above Wayne in the Litkinhouse Rankings. Because of their tradition, fans and the heck of a team they are Wayne will have to be on their A game to win. It really wouldn't surprise me if it went either way.

I think your absolutely right it could go either way. I'm expecting a 12 round heavy weight title bout Friday night. Wayne's loaded up this year!! Corbin is better then we have been in a long time also!! I have a feeling this won't be the last time we tango this year the next one will be the big one!! I have respect for Wayne also they are a high octane offense and I think Corbin's d is hard nosed as they come. This will be one for the ages!!

GO BIG RED!!
WAYNE CO. In a blow-out
Wayne maybe moving up and down the field at will because they are chasing Taylor Waddle.

johnnyd Wrote:I'm here to tell you I have a friend in Wayne County and their team has the utmost respect for Corbin. I'm not sure where all these Wayne County fans on here because they never had any on here before. Wayne County has played Corbin for forever. They only have 2 wins out of the whole series. They know what kind of team Corbin has. Heck Corbin is ranked above Wayne in the Litkinhouse Rankings. Because of their tradition, fans and the heck of a team they are Wayne will have to be on their A game to win. It really wouldn't surprise me if it went either way.

It's not the Wayne Co. fans talking smack on here, it's the haters from the area who don't like Corbin.
Ill be out of town until saturday, and will only be able to check in on afternoons, if then, but I will come back Saturday to collect all crow.
A heavy weight fight. Muhamed Ali vs Chuck Wepner.
I hope someone does a detailed job posting game updates, I'll be traveling Friday night and would love to read a play by play when I get where I'm going.

Wayne 35
Corbin 14
Thoughts about the game.

This is the best team either squad will face in the regular season. Adding in the fact that it is a district game makes it even better. Both teams are playing the best they have in awhile, if not ever in some cases. Both teams seem to be very similar.

Key Thoughts/Questions

1.) Corbin on defense - there is no doubt that the Redhounds are very good on defense. The question is how does the defense play against the first team really on their schedule that provides a balanced attack and the skill players to actually run that balanced attack?

2.) Wayne County response to Bell County. Ending a teams long winning streak can have some hangover effects. How does Wayne County respond this week, plus the fact that this is homecoming adds to the stress of the week.

3.) Corbin on offense. How well can Corbin run against a very physical team that is very disciplined and has good defensive speed? If they cannot run the ball can they air it out to relieve some pressure of the offense?

4.) Wayne County on offense. Can the Cards remain balanced? Can they run with enough efficiency to keep the passing game open? Can they hit the long throws that really open up the playbook? or will Corbin make them one dimensional?

Keys to the Game

For Wayne County
1.) Remain efficiently balanced on offense
2.) Stay disciplined on defense
3.) Do not force plays

For Corbin
1.) Eat Clock
2.) Defend the long ball
3.) Limit Turnovers
One of the biggest games in the recent history for the Cards, the stands will be packed with thousands of Cardinal fans..It'll be a great atmosphere for these young men, you can see the fight and determination this team ha, they're on a mission for Bowling Green and taking it one game at a time. Roll Cards
WC 28
Corbin 13
I'll throw my 2 cents in on this one,,,,, Watching Wayne spank us @ Garrard, they
have size and speed. They attack on defense so Corbin will have to be quick out of the
backfield. This will be a defensive battle and will probably be a low scoring game. The final
will be within an 8 point difference, and I have to give Wayne the nod on the win. It may
all come down to a big special teams play. I'll go Wayne 19 Corbin 13.
Corbin better than people give them credit for it will be a good game this is probably the best Wayne County team ever, I like Wayne at home in a close game 29-21.
These boys from the burg and roger rabbit land over in Somerset have lost their minds!! If you think for a second that any team Corbin will play this year is going to blow the hounds out ya better quit smoking that stuff!!!! You boys got it handed to you a time or two this year and I know you hate Corbin but we have something special here with these boys. I respect Wayne Co and think it's going to be a battle they are loaded with upper classmen and will be ready to go Friday night.

GO BIG RED!!
I don't hate Corbin, worked there for a few years and really like Corbin. That said Corbin has no passing game to speak of and Wayne County will be all over the run.

Can Corbin win? Absolutely it's 15-18 year old boys any thing can happen when two good teams play.
Actually, Corbin has quite the nice passing game. Obviously, their bread and butter will always be to run it but they can pass it very well. I think they had 240 some yards passing against Danville.

The thing about this Corbin team is that they can be so multi dimensional. One series, they may come out in the wishbone or power I and run it down your throat like traditional Corbin teams. The next series, they can come out in the 5 wide spread passing it, or go into a 4 wide read option offense. This offense is bizarre in the sense that there is no real identity but they are very good at each style.
They have yet to throw the ball against a team with Wayne County's speed. Wayne County is very good upfront and don't have to sell out to stop the run. They have two lock down corners who can defend without the safety having to cheat over.