Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonathan Jackson
mysonis55 Wrote:Well the fact that he is going to be one of the bums at USC would be the best reason to not vote him in. I think Sunday's game will help JJ. I just wish he was playing offense, so he could catch everyone's eye. They all want to see the big offensive plays.

Do you realize that you just proclaimed a high school senior to be a future bum?

You lose more validity and respect on this site with every post.

For what it's worth, Jeffrey Canady is the best football player in the state and I'm from no where near Knox Central.
I believe the remark was meant to be about the over rated school out west. Thanks for being an a## though.
^ no you just called a hard working kid who earned his scholarship a bum

it'd be one thing if you said he's going to a crappy school, but you called him a bum. were all entitled to our opinions but that was low
mysonis55 Wrote:I believe the remark was meant to be about the over rated school out west. Thanks for being an a## though.

I know exactly what you typed and apparently I'm not the only one who noticed.

People like you are the reason anonymous sites should require IQ testing.
64SUR Wrote::howdy:crossbones i live in leslie county for 40yrs.yes tim couch was the best player in kentucky.so why wouldn't you think jonathan jackson is not i believe if he was at trinity he would be mr.football not taken anything away from timmons and quick they are great player.overall offense and defense jacksons is the best and should be mr.football Confusedmoke:

:HitWall: I said in two different post that Couch was the best player in state. I'm the one who even brought him up, to prove a point that small school kids can win. I have also said why I thought Jackson was not, because there are better out there. Maybe you need to go back an read what I have already wrote.:Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:Well the fact that he is going to be one of the bums at USC would be the best reason to not vote him in. I think Sunday's game will help JJ. I just wish he was playing offense, so he could catch everyone's eye. They all want to see the big offensive plays.

Really can't say much else. :lame:
Coaches will get a chance to see how well JJ will play against the best from the Louisville area today. I think he will make another statement today. All you voters get in and check it out. Crossbones, you don't have to go, you got blinders on anyway.
Blinders? I don't have anything to do with any of the kids in the running for mr. Football. Pot meet kettle. Lol your gettin more ridiculous the more you post.
At the best of the bluegrass Jackson had 5 tackles and a forced fumble. He absolutely hammered a kid on a punt return. Take into consideration he only played about half the game so everyone could play that was a solid stat line.
Shhhhh, Shhhhh, Red&Blk, Crossbones dont wanna hear anything good about a western boy on here. JJ doesn't come from Louisville and he doesn't come from Crossbones 2nd place team either. That means he can't possibly be any good, right? Now put him in a Belfry uni and old bones will have plenty of good things to say about him.
mysonis55 Wrote:Shhhhh, Shhhhh, Red&Blk, Crossbones dont wanna hear anything good about a western boy on here. JJ doesn't come from Louisville and he doesn't come from Crossbones 2nd place team either. That means he can't possibly be any good, right? Now put him in a Belfry uni and old bones will have plenty of good things to say about him.

I have bragged on that "western boy" several times throughout this thread. As far as "crossbones 2nd place team", I have not once said anyone on Belfry's team should be in running for Mr. Football. That 2nd place team would give that "western boy" and his team all that he would want and then some. You need to grow up and quit acting like a kid unless you really are one. Confusednicker: Again, you are getting more ridiculous the more you post. You lost all or atleast any credibility that you may have had with me and probably most of the posters on this thread when you called a kid a bum when someone else picked him over your kid. Real Classy! :eyeroll:
From what I seen from Mr. Jackson Sunday at the best of the bluegrass. He should write his own ticket. A man among boys, very hard nosed player. Good Luck to Mr. Jackson where ever he may go, I'd say Coach Tagard is bringing him down to Tampa with him.:Thumbs:
At this point i just want to see JJ and as many state kids as possible get scholarships and accolades. We all should just agree that we have our biases. I have never seen Hatcher play I have seen Quick and Timmons but only a few times. If i had the opportunity to see those kids 25 or 30 times like i have seen JJ. I might feel different. I am strictly basing my opinion on having seen previous Mr KY play and JJ is every bit as good as most. Only player I can think of though in recent history that even came close to contributing to the whole game like Jackson did was another small school kid Micah Johnson. Micah was still about 600 yards shy on a rushing and short a ring but he was a very good offensive player. I just think a kid who could have made first team all state on both sides of the ball should be a serious contender for Mr Kentucky. Not because he is the top college prospect or because he has the best chance to play in the league but because he impacts the whole game on every play. He does this playing against highly ranked schools from 2a runner ups to top 3 5a schools. I know Quick plays a great schedule but i doubt his numbers at his dominant position would be that much more gaudy playing Mayfields schedule the kicker is if started on the other side of the ball i am sure an athlete of his caliber would play well but i dont think he would put up all state caliber numbers. What most people dont realize is JJ participated in national camps and i believe he came out of alot of those camps as one of the top defensive performers. I have a good friend who is a school superintendent. In central ky. He used to be a running backs coach at Kentucky State in Frankfort. I asked him why he thought JJ didnt have a BCS scholarship offer he said that 2 more inches of height and 20 lbs that JJ could go to whatever school he wanted. He is undersized and to for a big time school to take a chance on him he would need to be a burner and run 4.5 or 4.4. He runs about a 4.65. He did say that after watching him play that he plays faster than his 40 time during the game. He said JJ best attribute on D is his ability to play at maximum speed and not play out of control. He said is best attribute as a RB was that he initiates contact but has the ability to make a move and avoid contact,and he knows when to do either or he knows when he should try to run over someone and when to make a move. He said most backs do one or the other well. He said that he was very impresses at how well JJ blocks downfield. He also said dont be surprised if once the coaching carousel slows down that some more d1 offers dont come in.
JJ will do fine at any spot they want to put him at. He will be getting some d1 offers. He already has one. It was as a running back and he turned that down. He wants to be the one delivering the blows, not taking them. As far as Mr Football goes, maybe if he went to Belfry. Old bones might agree then. As far as calling any kid anything, look back at the post. I made reference to the bunch of bums as USC. Don't like em, never have, never will. They are over rated every year. If you dont like that sorry. I really dont give a sh** what you think or what my credibility is with someone that has all day to set around and type on the computer, while the rest of us are working.
mysonis55 Wrote:JJ will do fine at any spot they want to put him at. He will be getting some d1 offers. He already has one. It was as a running back and he turned that down. He wants to be the one delivering the blows, not taking them. As far as Mr Football goes, maybe if he went to Belfry. Old bones might agree then. As far as calling any kid anything, look back at the post. I made reference to the bunch of bums as USC. Don't like em, never have, never will. They are over rated every year. If you dont like that sorry. I really dont give a sh** what you think or what my credibility is with someone that has all day to set around and type on the computer, while the rest of us are working.
:lame:
I looked at the post real well. I don't like USC either, but don't call the kids bums. I was not the only poster to notice. Maybe you should get a better job where you can spend more time on the computer and quit crying over what I do. You need more time, to have better reading skills. Again, I never once said a Belfry player should be Mr. Football. I never once said a bad thing about Jackson, just that he was not the best player in the state. That is just my opinion and you start getting all pissy about it, like some kid on the playground. Confusedhh: Good luck with having to work so hard..Confusednicker:
Yeah, that's me. I'm some kid on the playground. You got it. To me that is a bad thing you said. Reason I say that is because there is no doubt the kid is the best player in the state this year. Check with the personel at Notre Dame and Oklahoma and see what they thought of him at their camps. I gotta go, it recess time.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, that's me. I'm some kid on the playground. You got it. To me that is a bad thing you said. Reason I say that is because there is no doubt the kid is the best player in the state this year. Check with the personel at Notre Dame and Oklahoma and see what they thought of him at their camps. I gotta go, it recess time.

Exactly as I said. You started puffing up and pouting like a kid. Because I disagree with you on who you think is the best and whom I think is the best. You have been childish at best over it. As far as Notre Dame and Oklahoma and their camps. I dislike both of those teams and do not keep up with them. Would still like to see a young man from Kentucky to get to play at one of those programs. So you need to put your big girl panties on an quit crying over someone disagreeing with you.:rockon:
Wew, I just came back in from recess, gotta catch my breath. Old bones, you are right I was being childish. That's right I was the one that twisted someone's words into trying to say that someone was talking bad about a kid. You got me there!!!!!! Sorry, gotta run the teacher is calling.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wew, I just came back in from recess, gotta catch my breath. Old bones, you are right I was being childish. That's right I was the one that twisted someone's words into trying to say that someone was talking bad about a kid. You got me there!!!!!! Sorry, gotta run the teacher is calling.

That's good enough for me. :Thumbs::biggrin:
mysonis55 Wrote:As far as Mr Football goes, maybe if he went to Belfry. Old bones might agree then. A

Doutbful... Belfry had a guy just as talented and just as versatile at the HS level as Jackson.... his name was David Jones. I can't remember a single Belfry fan claiming he should be a Mr. Football Finalist let alone the clear winner.

Unlike Jackson, Jones also had the major D-1 offers/attention, he was a UK commit, and he was fresh off back to back State Championships to end his career.
JJ will be ok, dont be surprised if he chooses an unlikely football school, because his priority is education first.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Doutbful... Belfry had a guy just as talented and just as versatile at the HS level as Jackson.... his name was David Jones. I can't remember a single Belfry fan claiming he should be a Mr. Football Finalist let alone the clear winner.

Unlike Jackson, Jones also had the major D-1 offers/attention, he was a UK commit, and he was fresh off back to back State Championships to end his career.

The reason that nobody mentioned him was cause the whole world new Curtis Pulley was going to win that year. That being said he should have been cause just like Jackson, Jones was a great back and an awsome DB so he contributed to every relevant play at a dominant level. He unliked Jackson fit the look for playing CB which his size is the only reason he hasnt gotten more D1 looks. That should have nothing to do with the award as the best overall football player. Pulley was the highly ranked media darling at qb at a bigger school which means just like Quick will be he was Mr football. That doesnt mean Jackson shouldnt be in the mix as he meets the definition of overall football player just like Jones should have gotten a serious look.
rednblackattack Wrote:The reason that nobody mentioned him was cause the whole world new Curtis Pulley was going to win that year. That being said he should have been cause just like Jackson, Jones was a great back and an awsome DB so he contributed to every relevant play at a dominant level. He unliked Jackson fit the look for playing CB which his size is the only reason he hasnt gotten more D1 looks. That should have nothing to do with the award as the best overall football player. Pulley was the highly ranked media darling at qb at a bigger school which means just like Quick will be he was Mr football. That doesnt mean Jackson shouldnt be in the mix as he meets the definition of overall football player just like Jones should have gotten a serious look.

I think you are missing the point. No one is disagreeing Jackson is a great football player and I don't even have a problem with him being mentioned. We..EKU and myself... were making a point that mysonis55 was saying that we would pull for him if he was at Belfry. Simply, not true. I have said several times in this thread that Jackson was a gamer, but the state is full of great players this year. I simply disagreed that he should be Mr. Football (wouldn't bother me a bit if he won, actually would be tickled to death for young man) and mysonis55 got all diffensive about it. Atleast that was the point I was trying to make and I think EKU was trying to make the same point. There are several deserving kids in the state, I had even forgot about Canady. That kid is a gamer.
rednblackattack Wrote:The reason that nobody mentioned him was cause the whole world new Curtis Pulley was going to win that year. That being said he should have been cause just like Jackson, Jones was a great back and an awsome DB so he contributed to every relevant play at a dominant level. He unliked Jackson fit the look for playing CB which his size is the only reason he hasnt gotten more D1 looks. That should have nothing to do with the award as the best overall football player. Pulley was the highly ranked media darling at qb at a bigger school which means just like Quick will be he was Mr football. That doesnt mean Jackson shouldnt be in the mix as he meets the definition of overall football player just like Jones should have gotten a serious look.

I am not debating whether Jackson is a fantastic player and worthy of being considered. In my mind there is no doubt he should be in the running.

My post was directed towards myson's comments that Crossbones would be singing a different tune if there was a Belfry player in question. I simply am showing that this probably would not be the case since Belfry fans were not demanding it when they did have a kid with the resume to make a case.

In my completely unbiased opinion I think it is Quick.... then Timmons/Jackson... then everyone else.

Why?

Because Quick has done it not only against stiffer competition,,, but because Quick's competition literally has been perhaps some of the stiffest in the Nation.

8/116, 1TD vs. Brentwood, TN
10/246, 2 TD vs. MBA, TN
7/120, 3 TD vs. Elder, OH
10/74 vs. St. X, OH
8/162 1 TD vs. Cathedral, IN
8/102, 1 TD vs. Moeller, OH

7/147, 1 TD vs. Brentwood, TN
9/153, 3 TD vs. MBA, TN
7/143, 3 TD vs. Elder, OH
7/107, 1 TD vs. St. X, OH
4/70, 1 TD vs. Cathedral, IN
7/112, 2 TD vs. Moeller, OH

92 Catches, 1,552 yards, 19 TD in 12 games vs. ELITE competition

7.7 catches, 129 yards, and 1.6 TD per game against teams littered with Major D-1 prospect.

In all 12 games James Quick was probably the best player to take the field and his stats back that up... no offense to Jackson..but I am not sure he would even be the starter at his position for some of these teams. That is why James Quick gets the honor.
Well i have a pet peave about award. I think that guys like Jackson and Jones should be about what the awards about guys who dominate 2 positions not just one. Is Jackson the best in the state at lb if not he is top 3. Is he the best back in the state no but he is top 5 or 6. He rushed for 2200 yards and had 5 or 6 games where he barely saw the field in the second half. And probably 9 games where he didnt play in the 3rd quarter. Is stats could really be much higher. I know you are not disagreeing with me and ur beef is with 55 who i know is personal friends with JJs family. So he knows just how great a kid he is overall. It is a great year for talent in Kentucky and the award could go to as many as 7 kids who in previous years would have won it as a nobrainer. I just think based on my personal opinion that a kid like Jackson would be a great story winning the award and good for Kentucky football.
^^^^^

If this were an MVP (MOST VALUABLE PLAYER) award I would be singing the praise of Jackson to the highest roof top you could find... and for that matter Richard Trent from Breathitt County....

But it is not... this award is simply for the best player. In that case there is no question in my mind that is Quick.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wew, I just came back in from recess, gotta catch my breath. Old bones, you are right I was being childish. That's right I was the one that twisted someone's words into trying to say that someone was talking bad about a kid. You got me there!!!!!! Sorry, gotta run the teacher is calling.

Here's what you said:

"Well the fact that he is going to be one of the bums at USC" - mysonis55

Dear Captain Obvious,

Nobody is twisting your words. You typed in the above statement so be a man, albeit a pathetic man, and own up to it.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Here's what you said:

"Well the fact that he is going to be one of the bums at USC" - mysonis55

Dear Captain Obvious,

Nobody is twisting your words. You typed in the above statement so be a man, albeit a pathetic man, and own up to it.

:truestory:mysonis55 you own this one :lmao:I hope i spell everything right Confusednicker: it want hurt long :theman:
I guess you guys are misinterpreting the words I wrote. I said if he is going to be one of those bums, meaning a USC Trojan. That is a slap at an over rated, over hyped college football program. That is not a saying the kid is a bum. I think you guys truly understand that, you just would love to stir it. Either way, I don't give a crap. If you want, I will give you my address and google map it, come here and I will settle it for you. Otherwise, get over it.

Mr Football imply's that it should be the best player over all in Ky. I think that person is Jonathan Jackson, as does many others. I strongly disagree with the statement that a kid that is getting college offers from Ole Miss, WKU, Ark St, Murray St and looks from UK, UL, Vandy and others would not start for a team like you mentioned. That says exactly what I thought you were trying to say. He is way better than you guys think.
mysonis55 Wrote:. I strongly disagree with the statement that a kid that is getting college offers from Ole Miss, WKU, Ark St, Murray St and looks from UK, UL, Vandy and others would not start for a team like you mentioned. That says exactly what I thought you were trying to say. He is way better than you guys think.
Just as a RB:
Moeller- Committed to Northwestern. Offers from Arizona State, Boston College, UC, Iowa, Kansas, UK, Minnesota, and WVU

Cincy St. X- JR CJ Hilliard..already holds an offer from Indiana and will probably be close to double digit BCS offers

You are severely over looking the level of talent at the programs Trinity has competed against the past couple seasons. These teams are legitimately among the best in the Nation year in and year out.