Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Bobby Petrino to Tennessee
Shoot for the moon.

Don't sink to the depths.
^
I agree.
Good to see you agree on Petrino finally.

Thats the only way we'll "shoot for the moon".
MOON
Peterson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEPTHS
Scumbag Petrino
Hiring Petrino is like shooting the moon in a game of rook without looking at your cards. Hit or miss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Petrino is a gamble. A huge one. There are alot of good coaches out there I can't see petrino being our only choice.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Petrino is a gamble. A huge one. There are alot of good coaches out there I can't see petrino being our only choice.

He the best name thats been mention on here. There not one coach named on here besides Petrino can say PROVEN S E C WINNER.
Scumbag never won the SEC.
FBALL Wrote:Scumbag never won the SEC.

Did not say SEC champion, said proven SEC wining coach. Don't let the truth bother you.When was the last Kentucky coach to say this.
For a year or a career?

Truth doesn't bother me. He never won the SEC.
PETRINO Proven sec winning coach.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If this happen we are SCREWED.

Welcome to another 25 years of beatdown by Tennessee if this happens.

I can promise you ole sonny douschebag cant even touch the feet of Petrino.

I hope you all get your picks, Sonny, Kirby, or one of the others, because we will suck just as bad as we do now.

Now Gut, do you really think Petrino will last at Tennessee that long? Or anywhere for that matter?
Bobby Petrino is not the only coach that can win here, folks. There are other guys out there that UK is capable of getting that can win football games. I'm not saying he wouldn't win games here, because I do think he would win here. I just don't think hiring him would have been in the best interest of the program with all the baggage that comes with him. Every administration he has been involved with in the past doesn't miss him at all. He hasn't left anywhere a better place than when he arrived there.

You guys have to keep this is mind too: This is potentially and probably a make/break hire for Mitch Barnhart. If he screws this up, then his tenure as the UK athletic director might be finished and he knows that. He is taking this search process very seriously and gathering every detail imaginable. I'm sure that he had several conversations with Jeff Long (Arkansas' AD) and knows much more about this man than you or I.

Having said all of this, no one can say Mitch let Petrnio get away. Because even if Mitch did want to hire Petrino, it was never going to happen if Tennessee wanted him. Kentucky football is just not Tennessee football. This goes for any other coach. If Auburn offers a coach and we offer that same coach, if that coach has any interest in either program then he is going to Auburn. If Arkansas offers a coach and we offer that same coach, that coach is going to Arkansas. It's just the way it is.

There are certainly positives that would come with his hire, but there are undoubtedly negatives that come with him as well. And I think the negatives outweigh the positives. Don't get me wrong. If he had have been hired as UK head coach, then I would have supported it and probably been excited. At the same time though, I look at this and understand that there are better (and realistic) options available (see Sonny Dykes, Butch Jones, and Kliff Kingsbury).

It will be interesting to see how Petrino looks in the Dooley orange pants.
Would i like to have a good coach without the risk of Petrino?

OF COURSE I WOULD.

Only problem with that is, look at the list fellas.
Theres not a coach on there as good as him. This is my concern. Why take a chance on a hit or miss, when you know Petrino will be a good coach. I could care less how long he stays, I just know we will be much better while he's here.

Butch Jones, Kirby Smart, Sonny Dykes??????

Really guys, were an SEC team with a high budget, we can do better.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Would i like to have a good coach without the risk of Petrino?

OF COURSE I WOULD.

Theres not a coach on there as good as him. This is my concern. Why take a chance on a hit or miss, when you know Petrino will be a good coach. I could care less how long he stays, I just know we will be much better while he's here.

You really don't consider those three good hires? And, to respond to your last statement, no, we probably can't do better than that.
Peterson!!!!!!!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:You really don't consider those three good hires? And, to respond to your last statement, no, we probably can't do better than that.

Not if you want to win.
Maybe Smart, but still, you wont get the wins you would with Petrino.
RIUTG loves him some Petrino.

It's very disturbing.
^
I do. I wish i was on the back of that bike Confusednicker:
My wife and I live in Tampa. Gruden was on a flight last week from Tampa to Knoxville. My wife even took a picture with him. She asked him "buisness or pleasure?", and he replied; "Wheelin' and dealin'". Make your own assumptions.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not if you want to win.
Maybe Smart, but still, you wont get the wins you would with Petrino.

I agree gut, and with Smart at best he has 50% chance of success.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Would i like to have a good coach without the risk of Petrino?

OF COURSE I WOULD.

Everyone listen to Gut, he is 100% right. This is the guy we need. Please no moral police replys. This guy can field a competitive team in a short time.
TigerBlues Wrote:Everyone listen to Gut, he is 100% right. This is the guy we need. Please no moral police replys. This guy can field a competitive team in a short time.

And leave it decimated in just a little longer.
For way too many years the administration at Uk has thrown an unproven band aid at the hc problem, just to say "we took care of it". Now, we've come to the point where we just may have to "settle'' for someone who's questionable whether they can coach against sec opponents. jmo.
^^ So what would you call UK football right now?
^ Pretty poopy...
Whats the new word on these awesome websites like KSR?
Are they saying Belicheck is coming yet Confusednicker:

Somebody told me fricken Bill Cowher was in Lexington. Now wouldnt that be interesting....
FBALL Wrote:And leave it decimated in just a little longer.

Funny that no one says a word about the basketball coach at UK. Take a look at the programs he left behind, decimated is a good term.
TigerBlues Wrote:Funny that no one says a word about the basketball coach at UK. Take a look at the programs he left behind, decimated is a good term.

Memphis is in pretty good shape and this is a football thread .
If there were anything too it, which I doubt, Cowher would bring instant credibility.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whats the new word on these awesome websites like KSR?
Are they saying Belicheck is coming yet Confusednicker:

Somebody told me fricken Bill Cowher was in Lexington. Now wouldnt that be interesting....

I would drop my kool aid for Kirby Smart cup in a heartbeat if Cowher came on the scene as a candidate. I'd prefer Cowher to a Gruden based on his resume and accomplishments if the former NFL coaches become Mitch & Co. targets. I'd be happy with either of them.

Smart is the heir apparent at Bama once Saban hangs it up. I think he'll stay at Bama in hopes Saban does retire soon.

Hope we hear about who takes the reigns by end of next week. Again this guy and staff to be have a lot of recruiting to do!