Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Bobby Petrino to Tennessee
Quote:Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio We shall see RT @HogCountryUA: Multiple sourcex in Knoxville confirm Bobby Petrino deal in principle. Sources say 6 years, $33 million.
A lot of others are saying this as well
I hope and pray to god this is true so we can shut up about the Petrino to UK talk
Good riddance. May he rot in that ugly orange.
Wasn't aware at the time I was prophetic when saying Petrino was at Pure Gold in a Hunters Orange jump suit!
Gut will become a Vol fan now
I won't say it's not possible, but this isn't very likely. I think UT AD Dave Hart shot down several candidates today when he said the new coach would be someone with INTEGRITY and that head coaching experience would be important. Petrino would be a fall back option if they don't get who they want.
Strikeout King Wrote:Gut will become a Vol fan now

Especially if and when they beat UK...good news is if UK wins and beats a Petrino led Vols team they'll be some crows flying for their lives in the Mountains!
If this happen we are SCREWED.

Welcome to another 25 years of beatdown by Tennessee if this happens.

I can promise you ole sonny douschebag cant even touch the feet of Petrino.

I hope you all get your picks, Sonny, Kirby, or one of the others, because we will suck just as bad as we do now.
Strikeout King Wrote:Gut will become a Vol fan now

I definitely wont be a UK football fan if this happens, becuase that means were stuck with one of the other guys.
You all will be amazed how fast he'll turn things around at Tennessee while were sitting up here watching 3 and 4 win seasons again.

We need to offer him a lot of money, NOW!
Looks like this is done according to several sources down in Knoxville. It's all over twitter. Fans, News, everyone is saying it. Arkansas website is also saying it's true
I can't imagine after what Kiffin left them they would go for another guy just as shady.
The man crush RIUTG has on Scumbag Petrino is scary. I see long motorcycle rides together with gut wearing a blonde wig.:Cheerlead
Good hire Tenn.

Well its either Kirby Smart or bust for UK...
Strikeout King Wrote:I hope and pray to god this is true so we can shut up about the Petrino to UK talk

You must enjoy losing.
If true, expect me to be in full force troll mode over the next 3 seasons as UK wins about 4 games total.
Im beginning to think FBALL and SK are the two guys in charge at KSR.
That, or you all agree with whatever they say.

That site continues to the epitamy of bad journalism.
I've never been on KSR.

Oh yeah.

PETERSON!!!!!!!!!!
UHHH KSR nor Matt Jones is reporting this. Matt Jones just happened to retweet what an Arkansas website was saying and I searched "bobby petrino to tennessee" on twitter and all kinds of stuff from other people came up with them saying the same exact thing.

Theirs other coaches out their that can win. Smart just happens to be the D-Coord on a team that's gonna be playing for a National Championship. That team didn't get there by having a high powered offense. You gotta have a defense too.

I'll take Kirby Smart
Now you see how a real A D works fires coach already offers job the same day. BARNHEAD has known since week three he was going to have to hire a coach,he has gone in to seclusion the last time this happen we ended up with BILLY CLYDE , I still lose sleep over it.
It wouldn't have mattered if Kentucky had offered Petrino the job, If Tennessee or another SEC School had offered, he would have went their anyway.

Petrino is going to a school that can't even go to a bowl game for the next 4 or 5 years.

You all do realize that no matter who Kentucky get's their gonna be in a rebuilding year for at least 2 years
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I definitely wont be a UK football fan if this happens, becuase that means were stuck with one of the other guys.
You all will be amazed how fast he'll turn things around at Tennessee while were sitting up here watching 3 and 4 win seasons again.

We need to offer him a lot of money, NOW!

If Petrino had the choice between UK and UT, there's not a chance he would be at UK regardless of the amount of money UK offered.

And, if this is all it takes for you to abandon UK then, it says what kind of fan you are to begin with.
Strikeout King Wrote:It wouldn't have mattered if Kentucky had offered Petrino the job, If Tennessee or another SEC School had offered, he would have went their anyway.

Petrino is going to a school that can't even go to a bowl game for the next 4 or 5 years.

You all do realize that no matter who Kentucky get's their gonna be in a rebuilding year for at least 2 years

If you hired him in Sept when everyone and there brother new we were going to need a coach ,you get him for about the same price as we will pay a unprovened Cordinator for. FIRE THAT DUMBASS BARNHEAD and hire a A D first and then lets hire a football coach thats the only way this will turn out good.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If true, expect me to be in full force troll mode over the next 3 seasons as UK wins about 4 games total.

So until now you've been in medium force mode?
insideinfo Wrote:If you hired him in Sept when everyone and there brother new we were going to need a coach ,you get him for about the same price as we will pay a unprovened Cordinator for. FIRE THAT DUMBASS BARNHEAD and hire a A D first and then lets hire a football coach thats the only way this will turn out good.

It still wouldn't have mattered, Petrino is gonna go where he wants to go. He only said he was interested in Kentucky to get a rise out of Tennessee and he did just that.
64cat Wrote:If Petrino had the choice between UK and UT, there's not a chance he would be at UK regardless of the amount of money UK offered.

And, if this is all it takes for you to abandon UK then, it says what kind of fan you are to begin with.

You are making way too much sense!
Strikeout King Wrote:It still wouldn't have mattered, Petrino is gonna go where he wants to go. He only said he was interested in Kentucky to get a rise out of Tennessee and he did just that.

Well I guess we can be like FBALL and dream.
insideinfo Wrote:Well I guess we can be like FBALL and dream.

You and Gut have already been dreaming.
A search of Knoxville news and radio outlets doesn't mention anything about Petrino taking the helm at UT.

If anything they are pushing for Gruden in Knoxville!
I feel like that guy in "The Waterboy". WE SUCK AGAIN!!! How they can stand back and let UT hire Petrino is unreal. Baggage or no baggage, Cal had some too. It appears to have straightened out. The fact is Barnhart already has one of his cronies in mind and it don't matter who we want. It will end up being somebody like Cutcliff. I know he is going to either hire some retread or someone who has not proved he can win in the SEC. Write it down: If he hires someone along the line that I think he will, my four tickets will NOT be renewed. We, as ticket holders, need to send a message. There is no way we should be paying $3,000 for four tickets for such a pitiful product and a pitiful attitude toward football. If he don't hit a home run, I'm done, and I challenge all season ticket holders to do the same. It's time to speak up and let Barnhart hear us!!!!!
Spirit100 Wrote:A search of Knoxville news and radio outlets doesn't mention anything about Petrino taking the helm at UT.

If anything they are pushing for Gruden in Knoxville!

Do you really want me to post every thing I seen on twitter about this? It may take several replies