Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 57 - Pikeville 35
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Did Pikeville score their 35 on Hazard's seconds?
Nope. It was 43-35 with 7 minutes remaining.

Hazard 7-0
Tie 7-7
Pikeville 13-7
Pikeville 19-7
Pikeville 19-14
Pikeville 22-14
Tie 22-22
HALF
Hazard 29-22
Hazard 36-22
Hazard 36-28
Hazard 43-28
Hazard 43-35 7 MIN
Hazard 50-35 4 MIN
Hazard 57-35
FINAL
No. Game was close until about the final 7 minutes of the 4th qtr. Pikeville had the lead for much of the 1st half and it was tied at the half.

Did Beechwood score their 14 on mayfield's seconds? The only reason you asked that question was to be disrespectful to Hazard and more so Pikeville!
I know mayfieldsports and I am sure he meant nothing by that, just trying to figure out how the score breaks down. FYI, Mayfields second string never had a chance, those 14 came in the first half tho.

They might as well have. They are home now and not playing. Congrats to Hazard!!!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Did Beechwood score their 14 on mayfield's seconds? The only reason you asked that question was to be disrespectful to Hazard and more so Pikeville!

You are a idiot. I meant no disrespect at all toward Hazard or Pikeville. I was wondering if the game was a blow out or did Pikeville score their points on Hazards starters. Go crawl back out of the hole you came out of.
PHSForever Wrote:No. Game was close until about the final 7 minutes of the 4th qtr. Pikeville had the lead for much of the 1st half and it was tied at the half.

Thank you.
Clint Westwood Wrote:They might as well have. They are home now and not playing. Congrats to Hazard!!!!!
Do you honestly think Fairview wouldve done any better?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Do you honestly think Fairview wouldve done any better?
This is my honest opinion, as I have nothing against Fairview. I think it would've been bad. Pikeville failed to slow down Hazard, and I do not think Fairview would have had any more success. Pikeville was able to move the ball because of the balanced attack. I think Fairview would have had trouble being under center so much. They could not get the edge or run up the middle and going under center, they would not have had any time to throw. Fairview had a great season, but I don't think they could have put up more than 14 or 21 on Hazard. This is just my opinion from what I have observed. I also think Pikeville played better on special teams and offense than usual. So, it is no disrespect to Fairview. Pikeville just had a great game plan, caught some breaks on special teams, and executed fairly well on offense.
Clint Westwood Wrote:They might as well have. They are home now and not playing. Congrats to Hazard!!!!!

And we made it a round deeper than Fairview. There's always next year for you guys, chin up! Confusedhh:
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:You are a idiot. I meant no disrespect at all toward Hazard or Pikeville. I was wondering if the game was a blow out or did Pikeville score their points on Hazards starters. Go crawl back out of the hole you came out of.

Sorry Mayfieldsportsfan, I'm not an idiot nor do I live in a hole!!! If you say you ment no disrespect I believe you. I just get tired of the disrespect for the Hazard football program! Hazard won the region championship and there was only one picture in the local newspaper.

Once again Sorry for responding hastly!
I must say, I am pleasantly surprised that most of this thread has remained classy. It was a good game between two strong teams. Hazard, congratulations, you did what it took to win the game. Best of luck against Mayfield and bring a State Championship back to the Mountains!! As for my Panthers, I am so proud of this team. Many have talked about the return of Panther pride and this is certainly true. What I loved was seeing a return of fire, intensity, and passion from the players. That had been lacking in recent years but this team would put a hat on you. Great season, great senior leadership, great coaching from our staff. Truly a season to remember. And I just want to say that Zack Blanton is the best running back I have seen this year. We could not stop him and he was the difference for Hazard.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Sorry Mayfieldsportsfan, I'm not an idiot nor do I live in a hole!!! If you say you ment no disrespect I believe you. I just get tired of the disrespect for the Hazard football program! Hazard won the region championship and there was only one picture in the local newspaper.

Sorry also. Good luck and a safe trip to Bowling Green.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Sorry Mayfieldsportsfan, I'm not an idiot nor do I live in a hole!!! If you say you ment no disrespect I believe you. I just get tired of the disrespect for the Hazard football program! Hazard won the region championship and there was only one picture in the local newspaper.

So that is it, I wondered myself why you seemed so harsh at Mayfield. I'm sure they will do better this week
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:So that is it, I wondered myself why you seemed so harsh at Mayfield. I'm sure they will do better this week

The newspaper thing is just one example of the disrespect. There are many more. Just not gonna accept any crap from an opposing teams fans with the score zero to zero!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:The newspaper thing is just one example of the disrespect. There are many more. Just not gonna accept any crap from an opposing teams fans with the score zero to zero!
I don't know, not living there, what you are referring to. Polls consistently show Hazard in the top 3-5, Pikeville fans were classy, etc. Trouble in the community? People showing more love to Perry Central than Hazard? But I agree that was a shame that only one picture got in the paper for your regional champs, should have been better covered. Good luck to Hazard this week, Mayfield is a load.
PHSForever Wrote:I don't know, not living there, what you are referring to. Polls consistently show Hazard in the top 3-5, Pikeville fans were classy, etc. Trouble in the community? People showing more love to Perry Central than Hazard? But I agree that was a shame that only one picture got in the paper for your regional champs, should have been better covered. Good luck to Hazard this week, Mayfield is a load.

Pikeville fans were great!!! This has nothing to do with Pikeville although you get no respect either!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Pikeville fans were great!!! This has nothing to do with Pikeville although you get no respect either!

Respect is earned! (47-6) (8-0) You seem more interested in stirring the pot. Act more like the rest of the Hazard fans and it will come
PHSForever Wrote:And we made it a round deeper than Fairview. There's always next year for you guys, chin up! Confusedhh:

You still lost numb nuts! :redboxer:
Clint Westwood Wrote:You still lost numb nuts! :redboxer:
But we still made it further than the "mighty" Fairview team. How's basketball practice? We're a week behind ya, you know. :redboxer:
PHSForever Wrote:But we still made it further than the "mighty" Fairview team. How's basketball practice? We're a week behind ya, you know. :redboxer:
:flame:
Clint Westwood Wrote:You still lost numb nuts! :redboxer:

That's right. We did lose (to hazard). However, when we pulled out of Fairview that night the eagles were no longer undefeated.Confusednicker: Glad the Panthers were the ones to help ya out in that.:devilflam
Westwood we win you lose get use to it home boy!
This thread should be about Hazard - Pikeville. Pikeville - Fairview was settled on the field previously. No further discussion needed, scoreboard did the talking.
Game Over !!!
RAMBAIT Wrote:Pikeville had a heck of a season

So true. The 2011 Pikeville team could have been described as over achievers compared to what everyone expected of them. They used their training,athletic ability, and pure heart with determination to accomplish what they did. In the State semi round against Hazard, the Panthers lead most of the 1st half, the game was tied at the half, and the game remained close until the last seven minuetes of the game. Not bad for a team not expected to go that far at the beggining of ther season. A few dropped passes, a couple of dropped interceptions,and a brekdown or two on def., and it could have made some difference. The Blanton kid is one fin running back, and was all but unstopaable. Hazard had a great team last season, and deserved the state championship crown. congrats. Really looking forward to this football season.