Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 57 - Pikeville 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final..
Good game.. But Hazard was just too much for Pikeville in the end..

Hazard headed back to State Championship Game!!

Congrats to Coach Dixon and the Bulldogs
How bout them dawgs !!! Good job dawgs !!!
Zach Blanton 300 rushing yards and 3 TD's
How does the Dawgs match up with Cov Holy Cross? Any one?
Hazard won't play Holy Cross.. Not in same class..

Hazard plays Mayfield/Beechwood winner
Oops...you are right my fault. Brain Fart...LOL.
I never posted a prediction on this but I honestly thought pikeville was going to win this game.
I watched Hazard earlier this year and I must say that they are a very impressive team athletically. They will do well in the state this year...hopefully they will bring home the hardware.
Brother Xavier Wrote:How does the Dawgs match up with Cov Holy Cross? Any one?

Let me rephrase this question...how will the Dawgs match up with Mayfield in the state championship game?
My bad... Zach Blanton had 403 rushing yards!!!
Panthers almost pulled this one out!
MisterPerfect Wrote:Panthers almost pulled this one out!

Yeah If the game ended at halftime..

Nah I don't want to be a smartass... Pikeville did play a good game just too much Dawgs in the 2nd half..
Hats off to the Panthers on an outstanding season!
congrats to Hazard on the win and Pikeville for the 1st trip to the semis in a while,something to build on..
It took hazard a little while to wake up. Yes they score the first touchdown but Pikeville put up 19 straight and showed hazard they were there to play and not fold. Pikeville just couldnt keep trading TD's with hazard in this one but i would like to point out what put this game out of reach for pikeville. The fake punt or whatever down that far you just punt it away and not try to get the first down. I think if they punt the ball there this game could of possibly had a different outcome but it showed that the coach didnt trust his defense to stop hazard. Congrads to Hazard on the win and Congrads to Pikeville for making the game worth its admission.
Congrats to Hazard on the win and for getting back to the State Finals again. And Congrats to Pikeville on a great season!
Congrats to the Panthers on a great game and a great season!!

Congrats to the Dawgs on the win!! I will be rooting for you to win State!! Good Luck!!
Way to go Bulldogs! We are so very proud of you.
bac2369 Wrote:It took hazard a little while to wake up. Yes they score the first touchdown but Pikeville put up 19 straight and showed hazard they were there to play and not fold. Pikeville just couldnt keep trading TD's with hazard in this one but i would like to point out what put this game out of reach for pikeville. The fake punt or whatever down that far you just punt it away and not try to get the first down. I think if they punt the ball there this game could of possibly had a different outcome but it showed that the coach didnt trust his defense to stop hazard. Congrads to Hazard on the win and Congrads to Pikeville for making the game worth its admission.
I don't completely disagree with you, but I think the true turning point was the onside kick in the 4th with 7+ minutes remaining in the game. D had kind of held pretty decently, and they were only down (I think) a TD at that point. Stupid to go for the onside then. The Blanton kid is real good, as is the Olinger kid. I'd like to correct a poster who said he had a one handed pick and returned it for a TD on the update thread, it was not a one hand INT.

Pikeville D let some opportunities slip away, 2 for sure (and maybe a 3rd) interceptions dropped, that's on top of the 2 that I remember they actually held on to. Back and forth game, Pikeville didn't really go away until about 4 minutes left in the game.

Also, Pikeville was gashing Hazard BAD on kickoffs and punt returns, so bad that Hazard onside kicked the entire 2nd half. That may well be Hazard's downfall in the finals if they don't get their kick coverage fixed, it allowed Pikeville great field position all night. Last point, everyone was talking about Hazard's speed and athleticism, but Pikeville showed tonight they have it too. Just a couple too few. Chase Hall had a monster game for Pikeville, as did Cody Estep.

Again, congrats to Hazard, my only real complaint (besides losing) was some of your fans need to learn manners when driving out of that area at the far end of the stadium, several were so impatient they came close to hitting kids. Other than that, it was a pretty classy crowd.
ekff Wrote:Yeah If the game ended at halftime..

Nah I don't want to be a smartass... Pikeville did play a good game just too much Dawgs in the 2nd half..
Actually, they were only down one TD with 7 minutes left in the 4th, and 2 with 4+ minutes left.
Brother Xavier Wrote:Let me rephrase this question...how will the Dawgs match up with Mayfield in the state championship game?
Unfortunately, they don't match up well at all. Especially if they don't fix their kickoff and punt coverage. If they do, and play a PERFECT game, they can win. If not, it will be a LONG day for the Bulldogs.
Very proud of the effort this season from the Boys in Maroon. Hazard pulled away at the end but these boys didnt lay down and fought till the bitter end. There have been teams in Pikevilles storied football history that have been more talented. But none of them played with anymore heart than this group did. Im proud of this team for restoring the pride back in this program that had been missing for a few years. Congrats to Coach Mac and his staff on a phenominal job coaching these boys up. I saw improvement from week to week the entire season and thats all anyone can ask for. With the talent we have coming up in the next few years I think its safe to say that the future looks good for our program moving forward. And also big KUDOS to the PHS fans for the AWESOME turnout tonight! Congrats to Hazard and good luck at State! Now and Always I say: HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Agreed. We had as many there as they did.
Pikeville had a heck of a season
Was a great turnout. The fans on both sides kept it clean and everyone just got behind their teams 100%. I worked the first half and could only see the bleachers but could tell what was happening just from the fans. Hopefully our mountain teams will bring home the W's.
Congrat Hazard on the win.
Congrats to Hazard, well done and look forward to seeing you guys in Bowling Green!
Congrats to Pikeville on a great season and finishing in the top four in class A. You represented the mountains and Pike co well.
Good luck Hazard bring the harware back to eastern KY
Absolutely crazy game. Just couldn't get enough stops/scores. I am just so proud of this team and the staff. Hazard is a very good football team. And to put together a game plan and the players go out and execute on the road was just fun to watch. I am the last to get too excited, but when AB picked that pass and took it to the house, I started thinking that this might actually be our night. But, it wasn't. And that's okay. This team exceeded expectations and restored some pride in Pikeville Panther Football. Coach Mac has this program going in the right direction. There is no doubt in my mind that Pikeville will return to a state championship game in the near future. From the Junior High to the High School, the right people are in place and good things will happen. Like HP said, big shout out to the Pikeville community. AMAZING turnout tonight. That is how it needs to be for every game!

Just step back and realize. This team was 11-3 AND EVERY LOSS CAME TO A TEAM THAT WILL PLAY FOR A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! (Hazard, Belfry, Swain County) And in all of those games, the Panthers put up a great fight, the 1st half of Belfry and Swain County and then until about 4 minutes left versus Hazard. This team has improved so much over the past 12 months it is almost unfathomable. I am a proud Pikeville High School graduate and it gives me great pleasure to see class individuals lead class students in such a great way. I cannot wait to kickoff the season next year and build on the 2011 foundation. HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Pages: 1 2 3