Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 34, Elder 29
Wideleft01 Wrote:Maybe get out of Eastern Ky. Elder's 2 win team even without 8 starters is still better than anyone in Ky besides Trinity and Highlands. Ashland won't stay within 40 points of Highlands should they play, with or without Towles. Covcath is also probably 20+ pts better than Ashland. All you have to do is look at history.
This is the kind of post that robs your of all credibility. Doing the math, there is nothing that indicates that Highlands is 20 points better than CovCath. Highlands is nowhere near Trinity's level but yet and a handful of other delusional Highlands fans continue to make that claim. There is nothing whatsoever that indicates Ashland, CovCath, Bowling Green, or John Hardin would not have been able to beat Elder this season with 8 starters in street clothes.

Highlands has an excellent Kentucky football team. Trinity is in a class of its own this season. Highlands is not in that class. No Kentucky team, including Highlands is capable of beating Trinity this season. There are several teams in Kentucky that are capable of beating Highlands on a given night. Ergo, there are several teams in Kentucky besides Highlands (and Trinity) that are capable of beating a 2-win Elder team missing 8 starters.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is the kind of post that robs your of all credibility. Doing the math, there is nothing that indicates that Highlands is 20 points better than CovCath. Highlands is nowhere near Trinity's level but yet and a handful of other delusional Highlands fans continue to make that claim. There is nothing whatsoever that indicates Ashland, CovCath, Bowling Green, or John Hardin would not have been able to beat Elder this season with 8 starters in street clothes.

Highlands has an excellent Kentucky football team. Trinity is in a class of its own this season. Highlands is not in that class. No Kentucky team, including Highlands is capable of beating Trinity this season. There are several teams in Kentucky that are capable of beating Highlands on a given night. Ergo, there are several teams in Kentucky besides Highlands (and Trinity) that are capable of beating a 2-win Elder team missing 8 starters.

trust me the likes of bowling green and john hardin would not come close to beating cov cath, highlands or elder. Trinity is in a class all their own this year but so what, they are a catholic mega school with 1000s of boys. they should beat highlands but they have lost to them in the past so....

back to JH and BG. what did they accomplish when highlands was in 5A, they looked like JV, quite literally. State was a joke for Highlands in 5A. It drives me crazy to hear that these teams are sooo good now that they cant play highlands. Take a history class they arent for real at all.

Highlands with no seniors would beat JH and BG by 3-4 Tds.
birdman44 Wrote:trust me the likes of bowling green and john hardin would not come close to beating cov cath, highlands or elder. Trinity is in a class all their own this year but so what, they are a catholic mega school with 1000s of boys. they should beat highlands but they have lost to them in the past so....

back to how horrible JH and BG are. what did they accomplish when highlands were in 5A, they looked like freshman teams, quite literally. State was a joke for Highlands in 5A. It drives me crazy to hear that these teams are sooo good now that they cant play highlands. Take a history class they arent for real at all.

Highlands with no seniors would beat JH and BG by 4-5 Tds. FACT.
Last year was a different season. Last season, Johnson Central ran all over Covington Catholic, easily defeated Ashland, and took Highlands down to the final whistle before losing by a touchdown. This season, neither Ashland nor Covington Catholic had very good teams - both were very young. Last season, Elder had a great team. This season? Not so much.

Maybe you are the one that needs a history lesson. Highlands will probably win another state title this season but they are far from invincible.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is the kind of post that robs your of all credibility. Doing the math, there is nothing that indicates that Highlands is 20 points better than CovCath. Highlands is nowhere near Trinity's level but yet and a handful of other delusional Highlands fans continue to make that claim. There is nothing whatsoever that indicates Ashland, CovCath, Bowling Green, or John Hardin would not have been able to beat Elder this season with 8 starters in street clothes.

tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I would say get out of northern ky and realize there is good football all over this state. Ashland JC Belfry Bell Rockcastle Lex Cath. Are all good teams from the rest of the state that can compete In northern Ky

Look at state championships in Ky. then youre IN northern ky.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Last year was a different season. Last season, Johnson Central ran all over Covington Catholic, easily defeated Ashland, and took Highlands down to the final whistle before losing by a touchdown. This season, neither Ashland nor Covington Catholic had very good teams - both were very young. Last season, Elder had a great team. This season? Not so much.

Maybe you are the one that needs a history lesson. Highlands will probably win another state title this season but they are far from invincible.

They are obviously not invincible you are right. JH and BG prob in reality might get 2/10 games vs HHS. Im just sayn Elder down 8 starters is not like beechwood down 8 starters. They have 1000s of kids and there is 2 great players waiting in shadows for every position on a team like that. That is what big time football is like.

and why is it highlands fault that elder's character is not that great. there are probably 10 great players that have been kicked off highlands in past 5 years that happens, you turn the page and play football.

Anytime HHS wins all the haters are putn *s on them. almost lost, the other team was down starters. football is black and white brothers, get real.
birdman44 Wrote:They are obviously not invincible you are right. JH and BG prob in reality might get 2/10 games vs HHS. Im just sayn Elder down 8 starters is not like beechwood down 8 starters. They have 1000s of kids and there is 2 great players waiting in shadows for every position on a team like that. That is what big time football is like.

and why is it highlands fault that elder's character is not that great. there are probably 10 great players that have been kicked off highlands in past 5 years that happens, you turn the page and play football.

Anytime HHS wins all the haters are putn *s on them. almost lost, the other team was down starters. football is black and white brothers, get real.
No matter how good a team's reserves are, if you sit 8 starters and then play a game later that week, that team will be nowhere near as good as before the benchings. If Elder had lost 8 players a few weeks ago, then it would have been a much different scenario.

Talk about haters, Highlands beats a 2-6 team without 8 starters and several of you cannot resist taking a shot at every other program (except Trinity's) in the state by trying to make the case that only Highlands (and Trinity) are capable of beating a 2-6 Elder team that lost 8 starters a few days ago. Why are a handful of Highlands fans so hung up on putting down all other Kentucky football programs (except Trinity's)? Can't you support your program without trying to kick sand in the face of every other program in the state of Kentucky (except Trinity's) at every opportunity?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No matter how good a team's reserves are, if you sit 8 starters and then play a game later that week, that team will be nowhere near as good as before the benchings. If Elder had lost 8 players a few weeks ago, then it would have been a much different scenario.

Talk about haters, Highlands beats a 2-6 team without 8 starters and several of you cannot resist taking a shot at every other program (except Trinity's) in the state by trying to make the case that only Highlands (and Trinity) are capable of beating a 2-6 Elder team that lost 8 starters a few days ago. Why are a handful of Highlands fans so hung up on putting down all other Kentucky football programs (except Trinity's)? Can't you support your program without trying to kick sand in the face of every other program in the state of Kentucky ([B]except Trinity's) at every opportunity[/B]?

Simple answer to that one. No they cant!!!! It is an impossibility to imagine that there can be a more arrogant and important feeling breed of people walking anywhere on the face of this earth than those that reside in Fort Thomas and post on this website. Although the Ashland bunch does comes pretty close....lol

Isn't it funny that you dont have one fan from Trinity or St. X that gets on here and acts the way that the multitudes of these people do. Yet they play second fiddle to both of those programs.
Highlands is like a beautiful women with a huge rack. Some love her, and others hate her. That's just the way it is.:biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No matter how good a team's reserves are, if you sit 8 starters and then play a game later that week, that team will be nowhere near as good as before the benchings. If Elder had lost 8 players a few weeks ago, then it would have been a much different scenario.

Talk about haters, Highlands beats a 2-6 team without 8 starters and several of you cannot resist taking a shot at every other program (except Trinity's) in the state by trying to make the case that only Highlands (and Trinity) are capable of beating a 2-6 Elder team that lost 8 starters a few days ago. Why are a handful of Highlands fans so hung up on putting down all other Kentucky football programs (except Trinity's)? Can't you support your program without trying to kick sand in the face of every other program in the state of Kentucky (except Trinity's) at every opportunity?

Bob Seger Wrote:Simple answer to that one. No they cant!!!! It is an impossibility to imagine that there can be a more arrogant and important feeling breed of people walking anywhere on the face of this earth than those that reside in Fort Thomas and post on this website. Although the Ashland bunch does comes pretty close....lol

Isn't it funny that you dont have one fan from Trinity or St. X that gets on here and acts the way that the multitudes of these people do. Yet they play second fiddle to both of those programs.

I'm no fan of Highlands, as a matter of fact during my playing days with my Alma Mater Campbell County, they were always hated. I don't hate them, but I do realize one thing that is a fact - They can throw sand in your face and know that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it!

As for the crap about Trinity or X fans don't get on here and gloat - ONE REASON - There are no fans of either that even get on this site. I see more gloating by fans of teams on this site that could not sniff the success of the Highlands program than what the Birdlovers do on here yet I don't see you guys troll all of their threads and put up as much fuss over those fans!
Stardust Wrote:I'm no fan of Highlands, as a matter of fact during my playing days with my Alma Mater Campbell County, they were always hated. I don't hate them, but I do realize one thing that is a fact - They can throw sand in your face and know that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it!

As for the crap about Trinity or X fans don't get on here and gloat - ONE REASON - There are no fans of either that even get on this site. I see more gloating by fans of teams on this site that could not sniff the success of the Highlands program than what the Birdlovers do on here yet I don't see you guys troll all of their threads and put up as much fuss over those fans!
Amen Brother!:Clap:
Stardust Wrote:I'm no fan of Highlands, as a matter of fact during my playing days with my Alma Mater Campbell County, they were always hated. I don't hate them, but I do realize one thing that is a fact - They can throw sand in your face and know that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it!

Maybe that's because a few Highlands fans constantly troll Johnson Central threads, JJ Jude threads, and any other thread that gives credit to another team's coach or players. As for there not being any Trinity or X fans on here, I have found that most Trinity and X fans on BGP's site reserve their taunts for each other's threads. The Highlands fans on that site behave pretty much just like they do on this one. Most Highlands fans understand that just because Trinity may have the best team in the nation - being the second, third, fourth, or fifth best team in Kentucky does not vault a team into the national top 20 lists. For the few Highlands posters who troll everybody else's threads, that fact does not seem to register.

What I posted in this thread has been on topic. Elder has not been a great team this season, and with so many players suspended in the days before Highlands trip to the Pit, they were not nearly as good as the week before. Bishop Chatard is not even a top 10 Indiana team and they beat Elder on the road before any of the Panthers' players were benched.

If posting the truth and posting it on topic now constitutes "trolling," then I plead guilty as charged. I look forward to seeing the Highlands trolls called out in a similar fashion.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Maybe that's because a few Highlands fans constantly troll Johnson Central threads, JJ Jude threads, and any other thread that gives credit to another team's coach or players. As for there not being any Trinity or X fans on here, I have found that most Trinity and X fans on BGP's site reserve their taunts for each other's threads. The Highlands fans on that site behave pretty much just like they do on this one. Most Highlands fans understand that just because Trinity may have the best team in the nation - being the second, third, fourth, or fifth best team in Kentucky does not vault a team into the national top 20 lists. For the few Highlands posters who troll everybody else's threads, that fact does not seem to register.

What I posted in this thread has been on topic. Elder has not been a great team this season, and with so many players suspended in the days before Highlands trip to the Pit, they were not nearly as good as the week before. Bishop Chatard is not even a top 10 Indiana team and they beat Elder on the road before any of the Panthers' players were benched.

If posting the truth and posting it on topic now constitutes "trolling," then I plead guilty as charged. I look forward to seeing the Highlands trolls called out in a similar fashion.

you are right i was being a hater before. i think the hater think rises up when these teams fans say they're team is better than the birds cause they only win by so much or whatever.T is the only team in KY that would beat Highlands. I think that is the realistic feeling across the state and it frustrates us (birdbrains) when these teams say Elder was a nobody and beating Lou Male or LexCath was the superbowl.
oh yeah and highlands fans never get called out HA!

Isnt St X horrible this year? I dont recall the birds ever losing to them, if they are so much better.
I guess if your a 3000+ boy on boy school that just means you are better than any public school. Why play the games?
birdman44 Wrote:you are right i was being a hater before. i think the hater think rises up when these teams fans say they're team is better than the birds cause they only win by so much or whatever.T is the only team in KY that would beat Highlands. I think that is the realistic feeling across the state and it frustrates us (birdbrains) when these teams say Elder was a nobody and beating Lou Male or LexCath was the superbowl.
Massey has the Birds ranked fourth in Kentucky. That must really be frustrating.
birdman44 Wrote:oh yeah and highlands fans never get called out HA!

Isnt St X horrible this year? I dont recall the birds ever losing to them, if they are so much better.
I guess if your a 3000+ boy on boy school that just means you are better than any public school. Why play the games?
Yes, St. X is just horrible this season. Undoubtedly an Elder team minus 8 starters that has 2 wins to its credit this season is so obviously a much better team. Massey has St. X ranked fith, BTW.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes, St. X is just horrible this season. Undoubtedly an Elder team minus 8 starters that has 2 wins to its credit this season is so obviously a much better team. Massey has St. X ranked fith, BTW.

check that. the birds have lost to StX in recent years 40-0 and like 35-25 in the mid 00s. They are good program, but i would give it to the birds in the past 5 years.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Massey has the Birds ranked fourth in Kentucky. That must really be frustrating.

yes, hoot it is. dang you and your massey

im about to check it out but let me guess...

1 Trinity
2 St X?
3 Bowling Green?

just looked at it.
John Hardin and Bowling Green from the dubbed horrible 5A (at least when Highlands was in it)?
when the cats away the mice will play!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Maybe that's because a few Highlands fans constantly troll Johnson Central threads, JJ Jude threads, and any other thread that gives credit to another team's coach or players. As for there not being any Trinity or X fans on here, I have found that most Trinity and X fans on BGP's site reserve their taunts for each other's threads. The Highlands fans on that site behave pretty much just like they do on this one. Most Highlands fans understand that just because Trinity may have the best team in the nation - being the second, third, fourth, or fifth best team in Kentucky does not vault a team into the national top 20 lists. For the few Highlands posters who troll everybody else's threads, that fact does not seem to register.

It's 100% trolling when you start to knock the Bird fans for what you dislike about them and are COMPLETELY off topic! If you don't like what they say about your team, then ignore it and it will go away. Unfortuantely, I don't go to Johnson Central threads (I really have no interest at all), so if Bird fans are trolling there, then the so be it, they are trolls also!
birdman44 Wrote:yes, hoot it is. dang you and your massey

im about to check it out but let me guess...

1 Trinity
2 St X?
3 Bowling Green?
No, St. X is fifth. Bowling Green and John Harding are #2 and #3.

Massey is usually pretty accurate by this time of the year. Highlands may be better than BG, JH, and St. X but if they are the gap is not a big one. Highlands' schedule turned out to be a weak one this year by Highlands' standards. At the same time, BG, JH, St. X, Covington Catholic, and several other teams have all played better schedules.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, St. X is fifth. Bowling Green and John Harding are #2 and #3.

Massey is usually pretty accurate by this time of the year. Highlands may be better than BG, JH, and St. X but if they are the gap is not a big one. Highlands' schedule turned out to be a weak one this year by Highlands' standards. At the same time, BG, JH, and Covington Catholic have all played better schedules.

I think it stronger than usual even though it is weak. To be honest Highlands will play a tough schedule every 2-3 years. Boyle and Elder were supposed to be the real deals and they kind of peetered out on us. I wish covcath and highlands were playing in 5A with BG and JH so all of my ranting could be put to the test.

The Birds should start playing Trinity every year. I know the rocks will be playing fresno state and virginia tech next year but you have to play the best to become the best. we've had plenty of undefeated seasons, taking a couple from T wont hurt too bad. the best team in the USA is in our state lets see whatsup for real.
Stardust Wrote:It's 100% trolling when you start to knock the Bird fans for what you dislike about them and are COMPLETELY off topic! If you don't like what they say about your team, then ignore it and it will go away. Unfortuantely, I don't go to Johnson Central threads (I really have no interest at all), so if Bird fans are trolling there, then the so be it, they are trolls also!
My comments about Elder's team were completely on topic. Call it trolling if you like. If an admin wants to point fingers at alleged trolls, then Johnson Central threads are good hunting grounds - although I suspect that the trolls will move on to the Ashland threads following the Tomcats' big win Friday night.
birdman44 Wrote:I think it stronger than usual even though it is weak. To be honest Highlands will play a tough schedule every 2-3 years. Boyle and Elder were supposed to be the real deals and they kind of peetered out on us. I wish covcath and highlands were playing in 5A with BG and JH so all of my ranting could be put to the test.

The Birds should start playing Trinity every year. I know the rocks will be playing fresno state and virginia tech next year but you have to play the best to become the best. we've had plenty of undefeated seasons, taking a couple from T wont hurt too bad. the best team in the USA is in our state lets see whatsup for real.
I agree with you about Highlands' schedule. When it was made out, it promised to be much stronger than it has turned out to be. That happens. I only mentioned it to explain why I think that the Birds have slid in the computer rankings. The weaker district has contributed to Massey and other ranking systems degrading the Birds SOS rating. That was KHSAA's doing. I commend the Birds for consistently playing one of the best schedules in the state but I don't think this year's schedule is among their stronger ones.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:My comments about Elder's team were completely on topic. Call it trolling if you like. If an admin wants to point fingers at alleged trolls, then Johnson Central threads are good hunting grounds - although I suspect that the trolls will move on to the Ashland threads following the Tomcats' big win Friday night.

They've already been there hoot. And its a shame cause the teams from this area are more than capable of competing.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:They've already been there hoot. And its a shame cause the teams from this area are more than capable of competing.

I'm not sure that anyone will question whether teams can compete or not. It's just an unknown. Schools from NKY and CKY seem to travel more than other areas of the state, thus its a lot easier to gauge or predict how good these teams are. It seems rare (correct me if I'm wrong) that teams from EKY travel to where its thought that the best football is played. None of us will doubt that CKY (Lexington and Lousiville) football is consistently the best, so those teams will always be the focus of every other region to compare themselves against. The teams from NKY have the opportunity to go play teams from Cincinnati, one of the best areas of football in the country, even better than CKY. So, when teams from NKY play against those teams or against other NKY teams that have competed with Cincy teams, it gives them a gauge to see how good they are. If teams only play teams in their own area, then it's difficult to impossible to see how good the football is in that area until playoffs. So, can teams in other areas compete, probably. But can it be validated - rarely! So what is heard on sites like this one all year is that teams from other areas don't get any respect! It's that plea for respect that is not taken seriously from those from the other better known regions.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I would say get out of northern ky and realize there is good football all over this state. Ashland JC Belfry Bell Rockcastle Lex Cath. Are all good teams from the rest of the state that can compete In northern Ky

They can't compete with Highlands. I know Ashland is feeling good about themselves for beating the weakest Johnson Central team in several years, but it's a running clock when Ashland comes to Highlands. You won't even need to dress warm that night. The game will be over before you get cold.
Wideleft01 Wrote:They can't compete with Highlands. I know Ashland is feeling good about themselves for beating the weakest Johnson Central team in several years, but it's a running clock when Ashland comes to Highlands. You won't even need to dress warm that night. The game will be over before you get cold.

Lefty, I hadn't even seen the post from tomcat until you quoted it. Campbell County scrimmaged Ashland for two years when the Camels were at their worst and the games were terrible and could have harmed the Camels more than help. These were years that the Tomcats were winning their district. Other than the cool complex, I just didn't get all the hype!
I watched several Elder films. They absolutely Did NOT have 8 starters out. They were missing the QB, one defensive player, and one other injured starter who didn't even play the week before. Elder may have had 8 players unavailable, but the only starters from the prior week were the QB and and a defensive lineman.

Hoot and Tomcat, root all you want for your team. Take all the shots you want at Highlands. After your garbage teams get blown out, you can get on here and tell us how many player's you'll have back, and how good your team will be next year. There's always next year. Bottom line, it's hard rooting for perennial losers.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I watched several Elder films. They absolutely Did NOT have 8 starters out. They were missing the QB, one defensive player, and one other injured starter who didn't even play the week before. Elder may have had 8 players unavailable, but the only starters from the prior week were the QB and and a defensive lineman.

Hoot and Tomcat, root all you want for your team. Take all the shots you want at Highlands. After your garbage teams get blown out, you can get on here and tell us how many player's you'll have back, and how good your team will be next year. There's always next year. Bottom line, it's hard rooting for perennial losers.

In fact, the starting QB was pulled from the game the week before the HHS game and #12 -- the starter Friday night -- was put in by the coaching staff during that game.
i thought that QB No. 12 was pretty good. they were hittn those slants like gangbusters. The Elder running back, No. 5 i think, was tough mother trucker as well.
Stardust Wrote:I'm not sure that anyone will question whether teams can compete or not. It's just an unknown. Schools from NKY and CKY seem to travel more than other areas of the state, thus its a lot easier to gauge or predict how good these teams are. It seems rare (correct me if I'm wrong) that teams from EKY travel to where its thought that the best football is played. None of us will doubt that CKY (Lexington and Lousiville) football is consistently the best, so those teams will always be the focus of every other region to compare themselves against. The teams from NKY have the opportunity to go play teams from Cincinnati, one of the best areas of football in the country, even better than CKY. So, when teams from NKY play against those teams or against other NKY teams that have competed with Cincy teams, it gives them a gauge to see how good they are. If teams only play teams in their own area, then it's difficult to impossible to see how good the football is in that area until playoffs. So, can teams in other areas compete, probably. But can it be validated - rarely! So what is heard on sites like this one all year is that teams from other areas don't get any respect! It's that plea for respect that is not taken seriously from those from the other better known regions.

Fair enough but I believe George Washington is on the same talent level as Cov Cath and close to highlands and the tomcats hung right there with them. their running back and mlb were both legit D1 players and that team only scored 18 against ashland Which is the most all season. But like you said the playoffs will tell us all about it if Ashland can dominate Harrison and beat cov cath then I would say they have a legit shot vs highlands.