Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 77 Paintsville 76
"LazerMan" Wrote:If someone doesnt teach JD Vanhoose to play under the basket, Pville isnt going to be able to beat WRCastle.. I bet BL scored 20 pts bouncing it past JD to the post for an easy 2, all night long. Not sure why one of the coaches didnt pick up on that and fix the problem. Pville got punked, from the coaches on down.

Why is it every time Paintsville gets beat or does something wrong the first thing you say is "It's the coaches". That's total BS, these boys had an 18 POINT LEAD, they blew it, not the coaches.
"J. R. VanHoose" Wrote:It has been a roller coaster!!!!!

"basketballjones" Wrote:Every team in the 15th is mediocre.

Amazing.
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Could it be that BMR is paying the price for not trying to develop a bench this whole season? He usually only plays about 6 players , correct? I could also see fatigue setting into his starting unit this late in the season. You cant expect 5 or 6 guys to log every minute of every game for the whole year. I know that I get on Bill Mikes case a lot, but he proves what I have said more and more all the time that he is not the Legend that he is being out to be made. He CANNOT win when he just has average talent. He has to have a bunch of studs before he has ever been able to do anything. Whoever the JR VanHoose poster is(which I still say is not the real JR) made the comment that BMR develops talent. I would think that with all the meaningless regular season games that they have played this year that he would have at least tried to get 2 or 3 more guys ready to help his team for the tournament. Mark it down that Paintsville will not go anywhere this year because they just dont have a man on the bench that is capable of taking them anywhere when he doesn't have the big guns. He is solely to blame IMO, for Paintsville playing the way they have this year.

Not many teams win State with below average or mediocre players.
Congrats.....
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Mediocre? I definitely would not call a team who can beat Prestonsburg one week and then turn around and beat Paintsville the next mediocre.

They have an 8-12 record in the worst region in the entire state. THAT makes them mediocre...
"JMac" Wrote:Not many teams win State with below average or mediocre players.
Who said anyone won the state with mediocre players? We'retalking about this year pal.
IMO youth and lack of a big man is what Paintsville's troubles are.
Did the Sensational Justin Collins play?
"King James" Wrote:They have an 8-12 record in the worst region in the entire state. THAT makes them mediocre...

your right. this team would be winless in 14 other regions in the state. ok maybe not winless, but close to it.
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Could it be that BMR is paying the price for not trying to develop a bench this whole season? He usually only plays about 6 players , correct? I could also see fatigue setting into his starting unit this late in the season. You cant expect 5 or 6 guys to log every minute of every game for the whole year. I know that I get on Bill Mikes case a lot, but he proves what I have said more and more all the time that he is not the Legend that he is being out to be made. He CANNOT win when he just has average talent. He has to have a bunch of studs before he has ever been able to do anything. Whoever the JR VanHoose poster is(which I still say is not the real JR) made the comment that BMR develops talent. I would think that with all the meaningless regular season games that they have played this year that he would have at least tried to get 2 or 3 more guys ready to help his team for the tournament. Mark it down that Paintsville will not go anywhere this year because they just dont have a man on the bench that is capable of taking them anywhere when he doesn't have the big guns. He is solely to blame IMO, for Paintsville playing the way they have this year.

I've stated the samething in another post!
This is why they play the game. The 15th is wide open this year and who ever gets hot during the district and regional tournaments has a excellent chance of wining the region.

THANK YOU

GREAT POST CHILLY WILLY. ALTHOUGH EVERY TIME I TRY TO SAY THIS, OLE PC U KNOW 98 GETS SO DEFENSIVE, ALMOST CALLS ME OUT TO A PARKING LOT. AGAIN, I COULDNT AGREE MORE. :mad:
I'm amazed at some of these posts......COACH Runyon, not BMR because he deserves the respect of being called Coach, won a STATE TOURNAMENT playing six people in 1996. His team was RUNNER-UP in 1998 with a six man rotation. He has coached two Mr. Basketballs, and both developed their talent under his watch. He has more D-1 signees than 98% of the coaches in the state, all having their talent developed under his coaching.

You guys that bash him would be praising him to the highest if he had accomplished all of this while at YOUR school. You would love to have a coach with his record coaching your school, if some of you are even in high school.

You don't have to like the man, but you should respect what he has done at a school with an enrollment of less that 300 students in grades 9-12. He's won more BIG games, than most coaches ever get to coach in. He is a coach who has won the respect of those that have had the honor to have played for him. Before you say something about someone who has dedicated his life to his school and to the players who have had a opportunity to play for him, look at what you have accomplished in life and compare. If you've done more for your family, your school, or whatever you're striving to be, then bash away. If not, respect the man, and what he has done.
paintsville needs to get that sports therapist uk used. and hey the tigers and uk have about the same win / lose record and both have tallent but cant put it together. man they are flopping like a dieing fish, anyone have a cup of water?
"Youngerthandirt" Wrote:I'm amazed at some of these posts......COACH Runyon, not BMR because he deserves the respect of being called Coach, won a STATE TOURNAMENT playing six people in 1996. His team was RUNNER-UP in 1998 with a six man rotation. He has coached two Mr. Basketballs, and both developed their talent under his watch. He has more D-1 signees than 98% of the coaches in the state, all having their talent developed under his coaching.

You guys that bash him would be praising him to the highest if he had accomplished all of this while at YOUR school. You would love to have a coach with his record coaching your school, if some of you are even in high school.

You don't have to like the man, but you should respect what he has done at a school with an enrollment of less that 300 students in grades 9-12. He's won more BIG games, than most coaches ever get to coach in. He is a coach who has won the respect of those that have had the honor to have played for him. Before you say something about someone who has dedicated his life to his school and to the players who have had a opportunity to play for him, look at what you have accomplished in life and compare. If you've done more for your family, your school, or whatever you're striving to be, then bash away. If not, respect the man, and what he has done.

But Runyon can't win unless he has players like JR, Todd, Craig, etc. according to most of the people on here Rolleyes . We went 24-4 my senior year and only had ONE player over 6-2, noone has anything to say about that.
"Youngerthandirt" Wrote:I'm amazed at some of these posts......COACH Runyon, not BMR because he deserves the respect of being called Coach, won a STATE TOURNAMENT playing six people in 1996. His team was RUNNER-UP in 1998 with a six man rotation. He has coached two Mr. Basketballs, and both developed their talent under his watch. He has more D-1 signees than 98% of the coaches in the state, all having their talent developed under his coaching.

Your right respect is something that has to be earned. That's why I will continue with BMR. If telling it like it is called bashing, then so be it.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:But Runyon can't win unless he has players like JR, Todd, Craig, etc. according to most of the people on here Rolleyes . We went 24-4 my senior year and only had ONE player over 6-2, noone has anything to say about that.
And never went no where.
Mr. CW, you are telling nothing like it is. You must have been on a team that got drilled by a Coach Runyon team, quit playing because you couldn't take his heat, or have some other type of personal problem with him.

As to the comment you made regarding PC U's post, lots of team go 24 and 4 and go no place, his point was about the fact that his team won 24 games, with one player over 6'2". He was answering your claim that talent is being developed. Name another COACH is the 15th region with 7 Regional Titles and four final four Sweet Sixteen apperances.

You are right about one thing, respect is earned......Thanks for making that point CW.