Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 77 Paintsville 76
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
this game went down to the wire ............congrats betsy layne
What was the score???
WOOOOOO...way to go Betsy Layne..didnt see this coming!!Very nice win Bobcats!
IDK what the score was, but I heard on the radio that the Tigers were up 17 in the First Half. If they want any chance of winning the District, let alone the Region they need to learn how to keep a lead. Good job BL on fighting back.
the score was 77 -76
Congrats Betsy Layne!
Wow what is happening to Paintsville? Great win BL
wow paintsville is really losing it looks like.. congrats BL
Congrats Besty Layne on a good win!
Stats anyone?
WOW! Betsy Layne must be clicking right now, and what a time to do it. Let's see if Coach Rose can have his boys make a run at District!!!!!
i hope that he does
THere must of been something happen to paintsville anything out of the ordinary happen in the 2nd half?
you never know which paintsville team will show up. i guess the wrong team came out for the second half.
This is jaw dropping news, WOW. Congrats Betsy Lane!
:wtf1: :insane: WTF's the deal? I thought we were gonna see the "Hoops Classic Tigers" the rest of the season. There is no way the hoops classic Tigers showed up to play tonight, no way. They better get it together before friday night against JC, or it will be a very, VERY lopsided game.
Wow, Congrats Betsy Layne!
Once again I say, OVERRATED!!!
Shocking to say the least!!!:omg:

Did the Tigers have foul trouble in the 2nd half? Who was running the point, Bundy or Pugh? Must have been several turnovers to make up a 17 point deficit!

Congrats to coach Rose!TongueirateSho

BMR WILL HAVE THEM READY FOR JC on Friday though!:fight:

Gauranteed!!
I have to say is OVERRATED
This game REALLY went down to the wire! Betsy Layne came from being down 18 points to win by one. Vanhoose was fouled with about 5-6 seconds to go in the fourth-- made one, missed one. BL got the rebound and Trai Witt scored with about .5 to go. Winning by one.

Brandon Kidd and Derek Case had 16 apiece for BL. Witt with 14 and Brennan Case with 12.
Landon Slone had 23 and J.D. Vanhoose had around 19.

Way to come back and win! Congrats bobcats.
Congrats Bobcats!.....They are probably one of the most underrated teams in the region.....They've finally figured out how to win the close games......Go Cats!!!!
Congrats to BL on a huge win and what a way to win it on a big comeback like that. BL is clicking at the right time I would have to say and that will boost there confidence come Disrtict and maybe Region. Dont know what happened to Paintsville in this game, but to have a big falter like that something bad is wrong right now. They better be prepared before Friday v.s. JC.
whats up with BMR
this is a shocker
Good win Layne! They will get their shot at another set of Tigers tomorrow as Jackson City travels over there to play. Good luck Jackson!
First off, congrats to Betsy Layne!!! Great job and great team effort.
Paintsville came out and looked really good! But late in the first half, Foul trouble started setting in, and BMR was unable to keep his best rotation on the floor! BL took advantage and kept their composier. BL kept creeping and creeping as foul trouble still plagued the Tigers in the second half. in the fourth, these two teams just traded baskets and leads til the final moments. 14.5 to go, game tied, Paintsville calls time to set up taking the final shot, right???? Wrong!!! After the inbounds play from halfcourt, Paintsville drives straight to the lane and misses another 14 footer, Vanhoose gets the rebound and during an attempted tie up JD gets fouled with just over 5 seconds remaining. Makes the first, misses the second BL grabs the board and moves quickly to the other end and with a dish and layup, pull off the W!!!
I think Paintsville was 2-6 from the charity stripe in the last couple of minutes!!!
Blame the loss on missing crunch time FTs, blame the coach for not setting up a play that ends with Paintsville taking the last shot at the buzzer, thus leaving your opponent no time for anything heroic! Blame what you will!!!
I say, give Betsy Layne the deserving credit for showing heart and determination and snatching victory!!!
Sure they celebrated like they just won the region!! But this was a HUGE victory for them, because they showed that they could comeback on what is considered a good team, in a not so easy place to win in!!
I really think that the play off the bench from BL was the difference!! If Witt and Brennan Case played like this the whole time(like they are capable of), They would not only be starting, but studding!!
Great job you guys!!
Quote from Guru:
blame the coach for not setting up a play that ends with Paintsville taking the last shot at the buzzer, thus leaving your opponent no time for anything heroic! Blame what you will!!!

I have a feeling that coach did set up a play to take the last shot, or with just enough time for a put back. That is what good coaches do, and he IS THE COACH! Who took the ball and drove down the lane?
Nice post Guru. I think the celebration was much deserved because they have struggled most of the season, but are finally getting things together. Beating good teams on the road like Prestonsburg & Paintsville can get a team excited. Case & Witt did really well off the bench. I think some credit should go to the much better defense that the Bobcats played in the 2nd half. They contested a whole lot more shots which ended up with the Tigers shooting 20 freethrows. But to the Bobcats advantage, they missed alot of them. I also think that the good guard play from Stapleton and Thacker needs to be mentioned as well. They combined for 14 assists, and 6 steals. The Bobcats are really clicking and playing as a team and are getting things done. Good Luck on the rest of the season!!!
Congrats BL
"jchsrulz" Wrote:Quote from Guru:
blame the coach for not setting up a play that ends with Paintsville taking the last shot at the buzzer, thus leaving your opponent no time for anything heroic! Blame what you will!!!

I have a feeling that coach did set up a play to take the last shot, or with just enough time for a put back. That is what good coaches do, and he IS THE COACH! Who took the ball and drove down the lane?
Daniel Pugh.
I am not second guessing a coach on this. I am just saying that it didn't look like anything that had a reason. Anyway, Betsy Layne deserved the win.
Water under the bridge. Get over it and improve for the next game that actually has meaning!!
Pages: 1 2 3