Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall ESPN 4 Star
All i do is win Wrote:Well you could watch them both play and see which one you would rather have on your team and would contribute more. And L.J. is the real deal. You should watch some of his highlights.

Will do man.

:Thumbs:
Well let me refresh your memory. The Newsome kid averaged about 4 pts a game in the two losses to Shane in 8th grade. Heck your team didn't even score in the first quarter of the game at your place so he couldn't have been to dominate.

All i do is win Wrote:Ummmm wow. That's all i have to say about shane hall being ranked a 4 star. I have personally seen this kid play. I watched him play last year and i watched him play in 8th grade. And a kid named Andrew Newsome (some of you may have heard of him) absolutly ate his lunch and is about 6 or 7 inches shorter than him. He would be lucky to be a 2 star player in all honesty. I'm not bringing the kid down by no means. I'm just saying the rating is ridiculus.
fairweatherfan Wrote:Well let me refresh your memory. The Newsome kid averaged about 4 pts a game in the two losses to Shane in 8th grade. Heck your team didn't even score in the first quarter of the game at your place so he couldn't have been to dominate.

Virgie deffenetly scored the first quarter of the game lol. They only ended up getting beat by 9. And jc DID NOT sub. For one shane gaurded dalton richardson half of those games and trevor sherman picked newsome up. I know for a fact newsome had 16 at JC. Stop hating just cause you know yourself shane is no 4 star.:please:
Wow! Great accolade for this young man! I can not wait for High School Basketball to start back up!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can dunk hard!!!
ESPN has never been wrong about a recruit have they?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:ESPN has never been wrong about a recruit have they?

Nope. John Wall was obviously the 5 best player in his class. Wink
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All i do is win Wrote:Ummmm wow. That's all i have to say about shane hall being ranked a 4 star. I have personally seen this kid play. I watched him play last year and i watched him play in 8th grade. And a kid named Andrew Newsome (some of you may have heard of him) absolutly ate his lunch and is about 6 or 7 inches shorter than him. He would be lucky to be a 2 star player in all honesty. I'm not bringing the kid down by no means. I'm just saying the rating is ridiculus.

The ratings are not based on whether or not someone 6-7 inches shorter than him ate him up (which I doubt). The ratings are position based. 6' 8" and very athletic will always trump 6' 2" and crafty. Not many college teams are interested in a 6' 2" forward. (small or power). That is borderline too small for a point guard at the D1 level. Like it or not you can't teach size. Keep up the hard work Shane.
Not everyone is going to agree on every player. But, this is exciting for Shane no matter what others think. He will be visiting Purdue, Indiana and Eastern pretty soon. Clemson and Manhattan are starting to show some interest as well. As long as guys like this believe that is all that is going to matter. For his fans though here is a link to a Jody Demling article:
http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...offseason/
dozerdawg707 Wrote:The ratings are not based on whether or not someone 6-7 inches shorter than him ate him up (which I doubt). The ratings are position based. 6' 8" and very athletic will always trump 6' 2" and crafty. Not many college teams are interested in a 6' 2" forward. (small or power). That is borderline too small for a point guard at the D1 level. Like it or not you can't teach size. Keep up the hard work Shane.

You are correct and make a great point. D-1 coaches are looking for size, speed and athelitism, Shane has all three. Alot of great players have been mentioned here but they did not have all three, if fact most could not even dunk the ball. Mosts were competiors, but D-1 schools are not looking for 6' 2" competitors, they are looking for 6'8" fast, atheletic players.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:The ratings are not based on whether or not someone 6-7 inches shorter than him ate him up (which I doubt). The ratings are position based. 6' 8" and very athletic will always trump 6' 2" and crafty. Not many college teams are interested in a 6' 2" forward. (small or power). That is borderline too small for a point guard at the D1 level. Like it or not you can't teach size. Keep up the hard work Shane.

I would agree with you there, i never said that collages looked for 6' 2" forwards. I just said in this game the 6' 2" forward ate his lunch. But i strongly agree that collages are looking for everything you talked about.:worthy:
cart man Wrote:Not everyone is going to agree on every player. But, this is exciting for Shane no matter what others think. He will be visiting Purdue, Indiana and Eastern pretty soon. Clemson and Manhattan are starting to show some interest as well. As long as guys like this believe that is all that is going to matter. For his fans though here is a link to a Jody Demling article:
http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...offseason/

Jaspers, baby. And Masiello.
I'm really excited for him, pal. :Thumbs:
Shane is a very good KID!!!! He has great potential to do great things after high school. If espn says he is a 4 star player then that is what he is right now. Im sure purdue and indy arent gonna call us here at BGR to see what we think or say about him. The kid has all the potential in the world right now. I just wish him luck and hope he continues getting better. FYI, the #1 player in the class of 2012 fives yrs ago is now like #180. Just keep working Shane and good things will happen for you.
I haven't got the chance to see him play but congrats!! Glad to see players from kentucky getting national attention.
Congrats Shane. Glad to hear you're doing good.
Alabama is now showing interest in Shane!
Schools now showing interest in Shane:

Virginia Tech
Butler

Updates about Shane: http://www.facebook.com/ShanesFanPage
kid is a beast
I think he needs alot of time and work but the potential is definitely there. He kinda reminds me of a Jared Carter but not 7'2
I understand that people say that he is overrated if all they have saw was last year's games. He was completely misused under the basket and froze out of the offense by the seniors and the coach let it go on.

However, he moved out onto the floor in the AAU circuit and beat up on Top 10 players in the country on a regular basis. That's where the scouts are coming in. Indiana Hoosiers with a visit, Purdue and Alabama flying in to Johnson Central to meet him personally and Butler, Xavier, BYU, Clemson and many more calling after just a couple of months on the national scene. These guys don't do that unless they are serious, and they wouldn't be serious if didn't dominate at the camps like he did. And no, you can't compare him to a 6' 2" guard because the scouts will tell you they reach in a barrel and pick on out, but 6' 8" with athleticism, speed, and ball handling ability along with his decision making and calm demeanor make him a perfect D-1 prospect. I don't know where he goes from here, but don't discount how he got here if you didn't watch the summer he had. And no, I'm not from Johnson County, or his family.
I am looking forward to watch the rest of this kids high school career and see where he ends up on the college level.
Way to go Shane and congrats.
Congrats Shane..
congrats
Just Wait and see!!!
only shame is he plays at jc no real chance to go anywhere with that team.....
i agree with this. once this kid gets older i think he will be a big time player.
I can't find him on ESPN now...the only thing I can see is the link posted here, and it doesn't show what he's ranked or how many stars. Can someone update us on that?
^ I've looked as well.