Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 62 Paintsville 58
Wow, didn't think they could pull it off at Paintsville. Congrats to JC. Anybody got any stats?
CONGRATS JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!! COACH RUNYON GOT OUT COACHED AGAIN!!!!!! CONGRATS TO COACH STEARNS........ I just wonder when the Paintsville school system and their alumni get tired of this and cut him off and replace him, that is what happens when you keep loosing.
"slipnot" Wrote:Not impressive shooting tonight by the Tigers. Questionable conditioning maybe? Hard to shoot when legs are tired and we all know their only offensive threat is their shooting and Slone's agressive drives. Too pretty well evenly matched teams, with JC just wanting it that much more. Looking for a similar turn out fan wise when JC meets SC at home on Friday night. JC could possibly start locking down as #1 seed in the district.

I don't think conditioning had as much to do with it as Johnson Central had a deeper bench. Starns played ten or eleven guys Runyon played seven. Slone, who scored only 12 was guarded by at least four different guards last night. The other guard Grimm was unstoppable with 22 points I think. It was a good win for the JC kids and for Starns. Maybe now some of the parents and students will come around. Fickle bunch.

"Imnottelling" Wrote:There were no doors opened in that gym! It has hotter than Hades in there and water on the floor was not from condensation but from the sweat of the players as they hit the floor.

Awesome win for JC! Congrats go out to Coach Starns and his boys! It was a joy to watch even if I did sweat off at least two pounds last night....on second thought thanks for that also! Smile

The JV game was great as well. They put a whipping all over Paintsville! I don't agree with the coaching style at all but the boys pulled together and ran off and left Paintsville sitting in the middle of their own gym wondering what the heck happened! Congrats to JC JV! :Cheerlead :champ:

I would agree with you on the coaching style. Tommy puts to big an emphasis on guard play (I mean don't all you guards think you can win alone.) He plays fours guards and one forward.

Reno played less than a quarter and lesser players got more time on the floor than he did. He got pulled for drbbling between his legs, and for fouling a kid. Good night. I don't like this type of basketball. I think JC's big men should look North if this is what the future looks like. Reno and Alford should go to Sheldon Clark or Lawrence County. (I wouldn't say anything at all but I seen this kid for years play 3 quarters or more and absolutely dominate the boards. He has never been a scorer but he has always owned the paint.)
"LazerMan" Wrote:CONGRATS JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!! COACH RUNYON GOT OUT COACHED AGAIN!!!!!! CONGRATS TO COACH STEARNS........ I just wonder when the Paintsville school system and their alumni get tired of this and cut him off and replace him, that is what happens when you keep loosing.

I don't know about that. There was a big sign in the gym last night that said that Runyon was "priceless". Does that mean he's worth alot? Or does that mean that he isn't worth much? I guess it just depends on your prospective.

Step aside Runyon there's a new kid in town...

Coach Starns.....:welcome:
"singingpreacher" Wrote:I don't think conditioning had as much to do with it as Johnson Central had a deeper bench. Starns played ten or eleven guys Runyon played seven. Slone, who scored only 12 was guarded by at least four different guards last night. The other guard Grimm was unstoppable with 22 points I think. It was a good win for the JC kids and for Starns. Maybe now some of the parents and students will come around. Fickle bunch.

I would agree with you on the coaching style. Tommy puts to big an emphasis on guard play (I mean don't all you guards think you can win alone.) He plays fours guards and one forward.

Reno played less than a quarter and lesser players got more time on the floor than he did. He got pulled for drbbling between his legs, and for fouling a kid. Good night. I don't like this type of basketball. I think JC's big men should look North if this is what the future looks like. Reno and Alford should go to Sheldon Clark or Lawrence County. (I wouldn't say anything at all but I seen this kid for years play 3 quarters or more and absolutely dominate the boards. He has never been a scorer but he has always owned the paint.)

Then take them if you have a problem. This isn't a time for bagging Johnson Central when they're finally gellin as a team. If thats all you have to say then leave. Thats why Tommy is the coach and your not. JC's JV is loaded with gaurds and a semi big man in Ian Welch. Lesser players?..I'd be watchin my mouthConfusedhh:
Wow thats impressive i didnt think the eagles could pull it out but every week the continue to look better and better i cant wait to see how it all plays out in late Feb.
I bet BMR was fit to be tied. Good rivlary win for JC. JC will and I repeat....WILL win this region. Played a tough schedule,deep bench,good rebounding team and they make freethrows. All this =wins in post season:#1: .
congrats JC!!
and JMAC dont doubt anybody this district is crazy any team could beat another on any given night

Reno played less than a quarter and lesser players got more time on the floor than he did. He got pulled for drbbling between his legs, and for fouling a kid. Good night. I don't like this type of basketball. I think JC's big men should look North if this is what the future looks like. Reno and Alford should go to Sheldon Clark or Lawrence County. (I wouldn't say anything at all but I seen this kid for years play 3 quarters or more and absolutely dominate the boards. He has never been a scorer but he has always owned the paint.)[/QUOTE]

I noticed that as well, preacher and was stunned when they pulled him off the floor. I didn't think he did anything worse than any other player had done to that point and they were still on the floor. I don't believe in pulling a player simply because he makes a mistake. All you do when you do that is kill his/her self confidence and they won't do anything for you after that for fear of making a mistake. I'd like to see some of these coaches who coach like that get out there and do what these boys do without making a single mistake...and what would make it even better is when those coaches do make their mistake...the very boys they keep jerking for making mistakes are on the sidelines ready to jerk them for the mistake that they made. Wouldn't that be poetic justice?:Thumbs:
this is pitiful!
if paintsville does not come together there is no shot of hope for them!
i believe they can make it to rupp but gettin there is another story now!
"SlipKnot" Wrote:Then take them if you have a problem. This isn't a time for bagging Johnson Central when they're finally gellin as a team. If thats all you have to say then leave. Thats why Tommy is the coach and your not. JC's JV is loaded with gaurds and a semi big man in Ian Welch. Lesser players?..I'd be watchin my mouthConfusedhh:

Why should he be watching his mouth? It's his opinion, Slip and he has a right to express that. Sorry to say but there are lesser players than others on your team. If you would read all posts you would see that preacher and I both are JC fans and preacher is not a fair weather fan being there when JC is only winning. I have only been following the team for a few short weeks and I see alot of potential in alot of your players. I don't just look at the ones who are "superstars" on the team I have the luxury of being able to see the potential in the ones that you superstars think "aren't that good".

We see something wrong with the coaching or playing we express them both. There is nothing wrong with that. Just because we disagree with the coaching staff doesn't mean that we don't like the team. Heck, look at poor Tubby Smith....lots of KY fans don't agree with him but that doesn't mean that we are going to abandon him and the Cats. If you think that's the kind of fans JC has then you are wrong.
imnottelling, come on. JC beats its biggest rival and you complain. This is so predictable with todays youth and parents. "We won by 8 but we would have won 15 if my little boy would have gotten more shots or more minutes." My how things have changed:no:
"DTA" Wrote:imnottelling, come on. JC beats its biggest rival and you complain. This is so predictable with todays youth and parents. "We won by 8 but we would have won 15 if my little boy would have gotten more shots or more minutes." My how things have changed:no:

Sorry to disappoint...but I don't have a son playing for JC. I'm just a fan pure and simple. Who said I was complaining? I just call it like I see it. You don't pull a player for making mistakes its just that simple. That is all I'm saying.

What is this anyway? Pick on Imnottelling day? Someone should have given me a heads up so I could have been prepared to have my hump busted all day long. Since when is it a sin to speak your mind? Preacher maybe you can answer that one for me. What is this world coming to? Can't even disagree with a coach and player without being accused of being a sorry fan. Pathetic.
Pathetic is right. Good job Coach
I noticed that as well, preacher and was stunned when they pulled him off the floor. I didn't think he did anything worse than any other player had done to that point and they were still on the floor. I don't believe in pulling a player simply because he makes a mistake. All you do when you do that is kill his/her self confidence and they won't do anything for you after that for fear of making a mistake. I'd like to see some of these coaches who coach like that get out there and do what these boys do without making a single mistake...and what would make it even better is when those coaches do make their mistake...the very boys they keep jerking for making mistakes are on the sidelines ready to jerk them for the mistake that they made. Wouldn't that be poetic justice?:Thumbs:[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what is going on at Paintsville. They sit and pull the Bundy boy, of whom they MUST have on the floor to succeed. When they do that, the whole team suffers and looks bad. From where I sit at top, all the people are scratching their heads. I approached the boys Dad and asked him if he thought it was personal. :giveup:
Do you think it's personal, Lazerman? What is your take on it?
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Do you think it's personal, Lazerman? What is your take on it?

that is the consensus from where i sit and some of the nasty rumors floating around.....you would have to ask the parents:yikes:
I had heard that through another avenue and was just wondering what the take of an "insider" was. Thanks for your opinion on the matter.
:Cheerlead First Off I have to say CONGRATS BOYS!! ur the best I couldnt be more proud to suport such a good team!!!! Rice did really good he scored 22 points ,and 9 rebounds!!!!keep it up and we will go 2 state!!! meek best defensive player in the region!!! Great team effort!!!!
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Why should he be watching his mouth? It's his opinion, Slip and he has a right to express that. Sorry to say but there are lesser players than others on your team. If you would read all posts you would see that preacher and I both are JC fans and preacher is not a fair weather fan being there when JC is only winning. I have only been following the team for a few short weeks and I see alot of potential in alot of your players. I don't just look at the ones who are "superstars" on the team I have the luxury of being able to see the potential in the ones that you superstars think "aren't that good".

We see something wrong with the coaching or playing we express them both. There is nothing wrong with that. Just because we disagree with the coaching staff doesn't mean that we don't like the team. Heck, look at poor Tubby Smith....lots of KY fans don't agree with him but that doesn't mean that we are going to abandon him and the Cats. If you think that's the kind of fans JC has then you are wrong.
If you have only been following the team for a few short weeks now then I am going to give you the benefit of a doubt in your assessment of Tommy McKenzie. Nobody is respected more in the Johnson Central proram than Tommy. That list includes all fellow coaches, players, alumni, students,parents, and the administration. I am sure that everyone under the tutorage of Tommy McKenzie gets a fair shake. I am sure their may be some frustration on your part or preachers part about Mr. Reno , but really the only thing that I feel you are doing is embarrassing Mr. Reno, or destroying the moral of the team. This is not an anti-Imnotelling post, but a post to let you know that the people running the show are very fair individuals.
"LazerMan" Wrote:CONGRATS JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!! COACH RUNYON GOT OUT COACHED AGAIN!!!!!! CONGRATS TO COACH STEARNS........ I just wonder when the Paintsville school system and their alumni get tired of this and cut him off and replace him, that is what happens when you keep loosing.

Are you crazy buddy, Runyon DID NOT get outcoached. As many said earlier in the thread, BOTH coaches made GREAT ADJUSTMENTS throughout the game. The simple fact is that Paintsville had an off night shooting like ALL teams do every now and then. As for the Paintsville school system getting tired of Runyon and cutting him off or replacing him, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
"SlipKnot" Wrote:Then take them if you have a problem. This isn't a time for bagging Johnson Central when they're finally gellin as a team. If thats all you have to say then leave. Thats why Tommy is the coach and your not. JC's JV is loaded with gaurds and a semi big man in Ian Welch. Lesser players?..I'd be watchin my mouthConfusedhh:

First of all I did not say I didn't like Tommy, I think he is one of the best JV coaches I have ever seen. Second I didn't even say either kid was even kin to me. I have a child at the school and love basketball so I go to the games. Third "watch your mouth" you must be a parent, a kid or a coach and I am expressing my opinion and my right to post. I did not and do not put down your team. I simply think it is wrong to punish any player whether it be Reno or Rice or Fannin for making mistakes. I disagree with any coach doing that I don't care if it is Rick Pitino or Coach K. If you are looking for someone to insult others it is not me. I will not sink to that level. I am a fan of all the kids and all the coaches. God Bless.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:First of all I did not say I didn't like Tommy, I think he is one of the best JV coaches I have ever seen. Second I didn't even say either kid was even kin to me. I have a child at the school and love basketball so I go to the games. Third "watch your mouth" you must be a parent, a kid or a coach and I am expressing my opinion and my right to post. I did not and do not put down your team. I simply think it is wrong to punish any player whether it be Reno or Rice or Fannin for making mistakes. I disagree with any coach doing that I don't care if it is Rick Pitino or Coach K. If you are looking for someone to insult others it is not me. I will not sink to that level. I am a fan of all the kids and all the coaches. God Bless.

No intentions of insulting. Just interpreted your post as negative after a huge win. No intentions of bad blood singingpreacher. :thanks:
congrats jc tough loss paintsville
nice to know that someone gets respect on here.
Guys may I please impose. Look at my name. Please don't insult my son on the world wide web. Life is hard enough for teenager. Preacher please shut up. Slipnot please be nice. imnottelling thanks.
First of all this is not a thread about who gets the most playing time. JC played thier butts off last night to get that big win and all singingpreacher and Imnottelling can do is whine about playing time. C'mon guys, JC will be ok. About Reno and Alford moving??? WHY? What will they proove up North? Nothing. It will probably be the same story. All I Know is stick with the topic.
"fanof#45" Wrote:Guys may I please impose. Look at my name. Please don't insult my son on the world wide web. Life is hard enough for teenager. Preacher please shut up. Slipnot please be nice. imnottelling thanks.

True, very very true.