Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
68.60%
Central Yellow Jackets
31.40%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Lou. Central (3A State Finals)
UCFB reminds me of a lovely summer's eve.
Clash of 2 different styles here, Belfry will need to eat the clock and keep Central's offense off of the field, if they can do that, they win. If they have 3 and outs and turn the ball over, Central wins. I'm not gonna make a prediction on this one but GO PIRATES TongueirateSho.
PaytoPlay Wrote:UCFB reminds me of a lovely summer's eve.

Don't mind him... he stopped caring about hs football week's ago.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Not even the most faithful member of Pond Creek Nation could honestly say they thought Belfry would end up in Bowling Green after the P-Burg game to begin the year. This is a typical Haywood coached team, meaning they got better as the year went along.
I think Central is too much unfortunately in this game.
Central 31
Belfry 14

atleast they get a Chance, EVRYONE NEEDS TO COME AND SUPPORT THEM, driving from Arkansas to watch this one...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Don't mind him... he stopped caring about hs football week's ago.

lol, like every year...
Lets Go PIRATES!!!!!!!
UCFB Wrote:Central Runs the score up with 3rd string in by half

CENTRAL 59
BELFRY-17

just curious how you came up with central's 59 points?
padd4pirate Wrote:just curious how you came up with central's 59 points?

i think he put the points they lost by to Russellville and they number they lost to Tilman, and those together is probally what Central or Belfry would have beat them by, and he thought he put Central 59- Union-17,lolTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Tilghman had more fans there than Central did. Tilghman had about 40 more offensive yards - about 390 total - but only about 50 rushing. Play was clean. Refs were not a factor. Wales had 29 carries for about 160 yards rushing. PT's QB is not the most accurate. He has thrown something like 16-17 interceptions and threw four picks Friday. Central just hung back and waited for the passes. Defensively, Tilghman made 4-5 red zone stops. Central seemed vulnerable to stunts. Tilghman has a small fast defense. Central had some other kids step up - Dunbar and Winburn - which took pressure off Wales. Tough loss for PT but a good win for Central. They deserved it. To compete - you will need a running game to keep them from dropping off. Wales needs one step, just one step, and he is gone.
Central Wins This one Easily :rockon:
Tica Wrote:Tilghman had more fans there than Central did. Tilghman had about 40 more offensive yards - about 390 total - but only about 50 rushing. Play was clean. Refs were not a factor. Wales had 29 carries for about 160 yards rushing. PT's QB is not the most accurate. He has thrown something like 16-17 interceptions and threw four picks Friday. Central just hung back and waited for the passes. Defensively, Tilghman made 4-5 red zone stops. Central seemed vulnerable to stunts. Tilghman has a small fast defense. Central had some other kids step up - Dunbar and Winburn - which took pressure off Wales. Tough loss for PT but a good win for Central. They deserved it. To compete - you will need a running game to keep them from dropping off. Wales needs one step, just one step, and he is gone.

thats sad that Central dont have the support, in 07 in there back yd Belfry had 4x the fans, and with it in BG, i say it will be about the same and yes they have to contain whales, quick as a cat, seen him last year at Tilman when they pulled the upset..
Where are the Pike County boys at. Everyone is saying a Louisville Central in a blow out. Some are predicting a a 30 point victory.
Does anyone believe in Belfry?
Are they to slow to hang with Central?
Can a wishbone offense kill some clock and put enough points on the board to beat a bunch of Louisville Kids?
the schedule that Central played this season has obviously paid off big for them throughout their playoff run in 3A. Central is a Very young team with just 7-8 seniors I believe, and I am not completely sure about Belfry's experience/# of upperclassmen/senior leadership, but they will probably have more proven experience on the field than Central. However, there is NO AGE on pure Speed and Talent. Central-54. Belfry-20. this one Could be over by halftime mountain football fans
Central only beat Elizabethtown 42-35. Central only beat North Oldham by 18 points. Central only beat Spencer County by 28 points.

Do people really believe Central will beat Belfry by 30+? Does beating Mason Co. on the road by 13 and the #1 rated team in 3A not warrant a little bit more respect than that?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Central only beat Elizabethtown 42-35. Central only beat North Oldham by 18 points. Central only beat Spencer County by 28 points.

Do people really believe Central will beat Belfry by 30+? Does beating Mason Co. on the road by 13 and the #1 rated team in 3A not warrant a little bit more respect than that?

Apparently not, but that is OK!

This Belfry team has been underestimated for weeks now! First, no one believed they could beat Mason County, but they went in, put their noses to the ground and played football the way they have been taught their whole lives. The next week, it seemed like no one believed they could beat Russell, we all know how that turned out! Then, this past week, all I heard was that the angry red didn't have the gas to hang with a very fast Somerset team. Guess what? NOT the case! NOW, all I am seeing is that this game is going to get ugly.... that may very well prove to be true, but even you doubters have to admit that these Belfry Pirates have proven they have the stuff to hang with the best of them. If this is what you call a down year for Belfry football, or, as so many have said, a rebuilding year, then SIGN ME UP for the next few years as this young team reaches their full potential!

GO BIG RED! TongueirateSho Show them what you've got boys! One TOWN, One TEAM, One TITLE; Bring it home where it belongs!!!!
It sounds like a tall order,but ill take Belfry.just because a team has speed dosent mean it cant be defened.if your defense is fundamentally sound,and dosent make mistakes.you can attack speed and stop it.if speed dosent get out of the backfield it cant hurt you.it helps alot if your defense gang tackles,and swarms to the ball.this has been Boyles philosiphy since Chuck Smith came to Boyle in the early 90s.believe me it works.
But you know what, regardless of how this game comes out....The Big Red is in the championship game, and the worst we can do is runner up!!!! Now a little analysis:

First, Belfry no longer runs the wishbone...So Centrall does not have to worry about that...The two biggest keys, both easier said than done, are Belfry's ability to move the ball against the Central D with drives that produce points, and secondly, to show up early, like they did against Mason County and Somerset, and make some plays defensively that shows they can stop drives and compete.
bucslover68 Wrote:But you know what, regardless of how this game comes out....The Big Red is in the championship game, and the worst we can do is runner up!!!! Now a little analysis:

First, Belfry no longer runs the wishbone...So Centrall does not have to worry about that...The two biggest keys, both easier said than done, are Belfry's ability to move the ball against the Central D with drives that produce points, and secondly, to show up early, like they did against Mason County and Somerset, and make some plays defensively that shows they can stop drives and compete.

good post, also, this is what i hear, take it for whats it worth, there D, is not what it was in 07, and in 07, Belfry, couldnt get to the outside like they can now and has much more options...
cuppett777 Wrote:thats sad that Central dont have the support, in 07 in there back yd Belfry had 4x the fans, and with it in BG, i say it will be about the same and yes they have to contain whales, quick as a cat, seen him last year at Tilman when they pulled the upset..

Most Louisville schools have small crowds at most of their games.
Now that Belfrey beat Somerset, im thankful that they did.
Now im for Central just because they have always been good, have a fast team, and also they have good defense.

LETS GO JACKETS!
What crowd were you looking at? Generals crowd was bigger than tilghmans the visitors side is tiny you should have come over to the home side then you could have seen it from a different perspective, and if you did come over to the home side & it still looked that way to you ,... Well , I can even imagine a person of normal intelligence seeing it that way so I won't address it. Back to the game central adjusted to what PT was doing, ran faster , hit harder, and had the will of a champion & took care of business because at central football is all about business .
The dominant color on central's side was aluminum - as in empty seats.
blue1424 Wrote:Most Louisville schools have small crowds at most of their games.

thats a shame, with the quailty of good teams they have there..
Go Belfry!!
A few of these predictions and comments surprise me.

If the common comparison is what happened when these teams met in 2007, then a few things need to be noted:

1) Ridge Wilson, Tim Patterson, and more importantly Mister Cobble (more on him below) will not be in the field for Central. Belfry still had success on the ground despite the hard hitting of Patterson/Wilson and the shear domination of Mister Cobble.
2) That game was considerably more closer than the final score. Belfry had all the momentum until the Pick 6 to end the Half on an ill advised Hail Mary attempt. Additionally, Belfry had the ball driving inside the Central redzone late in the 4th for what would have potentially been the game winning TD until they fumbled the ball. Central tacked a long TD run in desperation time as Belfry went for the strip.
3) This Central team is nowhere near as seasoned, physically imposing, or all-around skilled as that team. That team ultimately produced 4 BCS Conference signees, 3 of which were on defense.
4)I have seen a lot of HS football and Mister Cobble is the single most dominant Defensive Tackle I have seen in the Kentucky High School ranks, he created havoc against Belfry's O-line in 2007 and Central has noone that is remotely in the same stratosphere as him. Belfry still moved the ball well on Central, but the majority of the issues they had were a direct result of his domination at the LOS.
5) Belfry's mindset and Central's mindset will be much closer to the mean this go-around as opposed to last. The 2007 Belfry team was being billed as the best Belfry team of all-time and seemingly took way too much stock into Central's drilling at the hand sof Johnson Central (who Belfry beat handidly that year). Central was playing with a chip on their shoulder under the pre-tense of making history, they came to take care of business and smacked Belfry in the mouth. This time, if anything, the roles will be slightly reversed.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A few of these predictions and comments surprise me.

If the common comparison is what happened when these teams met in 2007, then a few things need to be noted:

1) Ridge Wilson, Tim Patterson, and more importantly Mister Cobble (more on him below) will not be in the field for Central. Belfry still had success on the ground despite the hard hitting of Patterson/Wilson and the shear domination of Mister Cobble.
2) That game was considerably more closer than the final score. Belfry had all the momentum until the Pick 6 to end the Half on an ill advised Hail Mary attempt. Additionally, Belfry had the ball driving inside the Central redzone late in the 4th for what would have potentially been the game winning TD until they fumbled the ball. Central tacked a long TD run in desperation time as Belfry went for the strip.
3) This Central team is nowhere near as seasoned, physically imposing, or all-around skilled as that team. That team ultimately produced 4 BCS Conference signees, 3 of which were on defense.
4)I have seen a lot of HS football and Mister Cobble is the single most dominant Defensive Tackle I have seen in the Kentucky High School ranks, he created havoc against Belfry's O-line in 2007 and Central has noone that is remotely in the same stratosphere as him. Belfry still moved the ball well on Central, but the majority of the issues they had were a direct result of his domination at the LOS.
5) Belfry's mindset and Central's mindset will be much closer to the mean this go-around as opposed to last. The 2007 Belfry team was being billed as the best Belfry team of all-time and seemingly took way too much stock into Central's drilling at the hand sof Johnson Central (who Belfry beat handidly that year). Central was playing with a chip on their shoulder under the pre-tense of making history, they came to take care of business and smacked Belfry in the mouth. This time, if anything, the roles will be slightly reversed.

couldnt agree more...
Showers High SATURDAY DEC 4TH
53°F

Precip
40%

Wind: From SW at 8 mph
Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 2 Low

Sunrise: 6:43 AM CT
Avg. High: 51°F
Record High: 73°F (1982
this is as of now, we all know how the weather changes,will be praying that the rain moves out of the area..
Pirates playing GREAT football right now. Bringer' back to this side of the state boys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
As for this "slow wishbone team" (I think I heard something similar about this recently from another school too Wink) who is about to have starter's pulled on them before Halftime and will allow 50+ points:

1) You have to go back to 2000 to find the last time Belfry has allowed 50 points to a team in a game. That Belfry team finished 7-5 and the opposition was a very, very good Ironton, OH team. I will tell you straight up that this Belfry team would beat that 2000 Belfry team by 3 TD's at least, and that 2000 Ironton team probably would have made short work of any KY team in this year's final from 3A down.

2) The combined records of the teams Belfry have defeated in this year's playoffs entering their matchup with the Pirates: 37-9 (80.4% winning percentage)
3) The combined records of the teams Central have defeated in this year's playoffs prior to their game with Central: 23-23 (50% winning percentage)
4) Central's average margin of victory 23 points, they have scored 50+ only one time.
5) Belfry's average margin of victory over those teams with the considerably higher winning percentage is 20 points , the most points they have allowed are the 23 scored by Somerset, a team who came into the game averaging 51 points per game.
6) While we are on that topic:
West Carter- Averaged 33 ppg, scored 7. (-26) off their average.
Mason County-Averaged 38 ppg, scored 14 (-24) off their average.
Russell- Averaged 23 ppg, scored 14. (-9) off their average.
Somerset- Averaged 51 ppg, scored 23. (-28) off their average.

Belfry has held their playoff opponents to an average of 22 points off their per game average. Yet, people expect Central to score 50? Central averages 32.5 points per game...so for them to score 50 it would be roughly a 40 point difference in the current trend that has been established.
cuppett777 Wrote:couldnt agree more...
Man what kind of fantasy world are you living in ? What dumb ss thinks these are the same two teams as 3 years ago ? These central boys could care less about "who's role is what they don't give a darn about any roles they are expected to win the 3a championship(much like trinity in 6a) every year . Like I said at the beginning of the year since the 6 class system began central was then 23-1 in 3a they are now 30-1 in 3a
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next