Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Schedule 2011
the last time i know fro sure belfry played matewan, was in 1980. i was a scout team soph for belfry. the only time the ball crossed midfield, was when the quarters changed. i went in in the 2nd quarter, if belfry would have dressed frosh then they all would have played. i dont think valley would be a good game, id like to see a powerhouse and traditional club
So according to rumors, Henry Clay has been added now.

Assuming Johnson Central is still on the schedule, our new lineup would look something like this (some liberties were taken in the order, so don't take it as written in stone)

2011 BHS Schedule

.(?) Aug 12 Scrimmage
.(0) Aug 19 Scrimmage
.(1) Aug 26 Pike Co Bowl (vs. Who?)
.(2) Sep 02 Prestonsburg
.(3) Sep 09 Ashland
.(4) Sep 16 Henry Clay
.(5) Sep 23 Lawrence Co
.(6) Sep 30 Pike County Central
.(7) Oct 07 Pikeville
.(8) Oct 14 East Ridge
.(9) Oct 21 Sheldon Clark
(10) Oct 28 Johnson Central

I really think Ashland, Prestonsburg, Johnson Central and Henry Clay could fall in just about any order in those 4 dates.

I don't know who Belfry will play in the PCB, Harrison County is in, but they are playing Pikeville this year and Belfry in 2012.
Like the schedule. Every game but one should present some good competition.
Good schedule for the Pirates can only make them better GO BELFRY!!!!!!
Im about 99.99% we are not playing P-burg which saddens me i would have like to see them play around week 4. And There will only be 9 Regular season games. From Coach Haywood himself.
(1)PCB
(2)Ashland
(3)Henry Clay
4 District games
pikeville week
and Johnson Central should be all the games
We will be playing Franklin Co. in the Pike Co. Bowl was told today
And we are still playing P-burg this year just later in the year.
The Belfry schedule for 2011 is now on khsaa. And yes pburg is on the schedule

Aug 26, 11 Franklin County at Belfry/Pikeville
Sep 2, 11 Henry Clay away
Sep 9, 11 Prestonsburg away
Sep 16, 11 Pikeville home
Sep 23, 11 Sheldon Clark home
Sep 30, 11 East Ridge away
Oct 7, 11 Ashland Blazer home
Oct 14, 11 Lawrence County home
Oct 21, 11 Pike County Central away
Oct 28, 11 Johnson Central home
Belfry Insider Wrote:Im about 99.99% we are not playing P-burg which saddens me i would have like to see them play around week 4. And There will only be 9 Regular season games. From Coach Haywood himself.
(1)PCB
(2)Ashland
(3)Henry Clay
4 District games
pikeville week
and Johnson Central should be all the games

wow .000000001 percent beat 99.99 percent,lol looks like P-Burg made it
I think P burg would be a better game than HC
False Hope Wrote:I think P burg would be a better game than HC

there playing both, the HC game will give them there best look at a team that will be somewhat like Central..
I love it. The last time HC played belfry was the first game at CAM if I am not mistaken. I really think we have to be carefull week five (Lawrence Co.). I know nothing about their coach but there players can flat out play.
Just a couple of thoughts about this schedule...The combined records of these teams from last year is 79-39...IMO, maybe the most challenging schedule in Belfry history...and most importantly what a home tailgating schedule...Franklin County (PCB), Pikeville, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County, Ashland, and Johnson Central...Wow!!!...Gonna be fun times at the CAM.
Great Pirate schedule IMO. Love the Henry Clay game as it will show us Louisville Central type athleticism.
bucslover68 Wrote:Just a couple of thoughts about this schedule...The combined records of these teams from last year is 79-39...IMO, maybe the most challenging schedule in Belfry history...and most importantly what a home tailgating schedule...Franklin County (PCB), Pikeville, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County, Ashland, and Johnson Central...Wow!!!...Gonna be fun times at the CAM.

where u been hiding good friend?
False Hope Wrote:I love it. The last time HC played belfry was the first game at CAM if I am not mistaken. I really think we have to be carefull week five (Lawrence Co.). I know nothing about their coach but there players can flat out play.

:Clap:
cuppett777 Wrote:where u been hiding good friend?

Hey bro...They are working me too hard at PMC!!!...I need a break!!! The schedule looks real good IMO...Prolly be a couple of losses in the regular season, but they will be ready come playoff time!!!
Is this final on the PCB match up?
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey bro...They are working me too hard at PMC!!!...I need a break!!! The schedule looks real good IMO...Prolly be a couple of losses in the regular season, but they will be ready come playoff time!!!

what i thought, at worst 7-3,get joe to take ur place for a while,lol
bucslover68 Wrote:Just a couple of thoughts about this schedule...The combined records of these teams from last year is 79-39...IMO, maybe the most challenging schedule in Belfry history...and most importantly what a home tailgating schedule...Franklin County (PCB), Pikeville, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County, Ashland, and Johnson Central...Wow!!!...Gonna be fun times at the CAM.

Are you hungry already dear??? LOLOL.... Got some good eatin' goin on at the CAM .... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I cant wait for LC to roll into the CAM and just enjoy a great night of football.
StrayBullet Wrote:I cant wait for LC to roll into the CAM and just enjoy a great night of football.

Are ya ready for some good tailgatin food to go along with the football??? Smile

phs1986 Wrote:Are ya ready for some good tailgatin food to go along with the football??? Smile

I've been to the CAM many times but have never sampled the food there, what all do they have to look forward to?:popcorn:
StrayBullet Wrote:I've been to the CAM many times but have never sampled the food there, what all do they have to look forward to?:popcorn:

u name it,they got it and its all good...
is the new Mingo Central going to have tuff? and whats the stadium going to be like? anything like Cam?
Don't think they have one. Heard they were gonna use the Matewan field.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Don't think they have one. Heard they were gonna use the Matewan field.

that wont get them any new players,lol, i know one who wants to play for them,if his mom will let him, that goes to Belfry
cuppett777 Wrote:that wont get them any new players,lol, i know one who wants to play for them,if his mom will let him, that goes to Belfry

"If his mom will let him" Now thats a real man.:1:
False Hope Wrote:"If his mom will let him" Now thats a real man.:1:

his mom decides where he goes to school he has no choice, and if you knew who i was talking about, you know he can play...
Pretty sure I do know who you are talking about. That coment wasnt ment to be more about parents should be nearing the end of making these kinds of dicisions and allow the boys to become men. No disrespect was ment by this. These are the problems with high school athletics these days. 20 years ago this would not have been an issue.
I see what your saying but to me, that is two totally different issues.... Making a wise decision as to where your child goes to school and participates in extracurricular activities is totally different than interferring with a coach or coaches while your child is on the field/court. Any of my child's coaches would tell you I don't open my mouth to them about play time or anything else concerning my son. The ONLY time you will see me step in is if my child is physically harmed. He is old enough to handle situtations by himself and if he needs help, he'll ask. That to me is different than letting your child handle the decisions on when, where, and how he goes to school.... School choice decisions and extracurricular involvement are totally separate issues... Smile