Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Schedule 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i know they will have,LC,SC ,PCC,ER, hoefully they still have JC and P-BURG, anyone know who else...
How many does Belfry loose this year, and who will be some players to watch next year?
I am interested in whether Prestonsburg is still on the schedule, too. I had heard that sides wanted to discontinue the Week 0 game, but haven't heard anything recently.
cat86 Wrote:I am interested in whether Prestonsburg is still on the schedule, too. I had heard that sides wanted to discontinue the Week 0 game, but haven't heard anything recently.

well if they dont play then they still need to play
Belfry/Prestonsburg games don't feel like they used too.

I miss Vipperman & The Pit. Sad
I've heard rumors Harlan County could be on the schedule.
It shows how big of a game this has become for Belfry, but Pikeville.
Patriot Wrote:I've heard rumors Harlan County could be on the schedule.

How far is Harlan County from Pike? I'd like that game, alot!
They need to add the new consolidated Mingo County school, that is looking to be a AAA in West Virginia from what I have read. If this gets scheduled and the games are competitive I could see this easily becoming a major rivalry for the two schools since they are so close together.

Anyone else agree?
Patriot Wrote:I've heard rumors Harlan County could be on the schedule.

that would be nice
PatPatterson Wrote:They need to add the new consolidated Mingo County school, that is looking to be a AAA in West Virginia from what I have read. If this gets scheduled and the games are competitive I could see this easily becoming a major rivalry for the two schools since they are so close together.

Anyone else agree?

yes i do to
I do. You would have Williamson in the mix (old rivalry) , then Matewan & Tug Valley being so close in distance to Belfry. I could see this developing into a rivalry.
Big Five-0- Wrote:I do. You would have Williamson in the mix (old rivalry) , then Matewan & Tug Valley being so close in distance to Belfry. I could see this developing into a rivalry.

Tug Valley is not consolidating. It's Williamson, Matewan, Burch, and Gilbert.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Tug Valley is not consolidating. It's Williamson, Matewan, Burch, and Gilbert.

should be very good team, probally one of the best in the area, when they supposed to start?
Mingo Central will open at the beginning of the school year 2011/2012. The facilities look to be state of the art.

Gilbert isn't consolidating with the 3 from my understanding. It will be Matewan, Williamson and Burch consolidating.

Williamson and Belfry used to be (back in the day) a big rivalry.... Not sure if Belfry ever played Matewan? I know they haven't played Burch although quite a few KY schools did play them throughout their season.
Gilbert is in now.
NEXT Wrote:Gilbert is in now.

i had heard b4 i left the Belfry area that it would be the 4 schools, but who knows...
phs1986 Wrote:Mingo Central will open at the beginning of the school year 2011/2012. The facilities look to be state of the art.

Gilbert isn't consolidating with the 3 from my understanding. It will be Matewan, Williamson and Burch consolidating.

Williamson and Belfry used to be (back in the day) a big rivalry.... Not sure if Belfry ever played Matewan? I know they haven't played Burch although quite a few KY schools did play them throughout their season.

Belfry & Matewan did compete back in the mid 60's. Good competion between the two schools.
Prestonsburg will still be on the schedule and moved down in the schedule. No more week 0 game. Letcher and Whitley exit the schedule and the Pikeville game will be moved one week different than it is now. Ashland will remain on the schedule but the week will change. District will be the same with the addition of Lawrence County. This would still leave one game to pick up and I have not heard who that team will be.
belfry played matewan in the seventies to when matewan had the powerhouse backfield with david jones older brothers the hortons and the sanders boy the outcome was not good for the pirates:ChairHit:
bucslover68 Wrote:Prestonsburg will still be on the schedule and moved down in the schedule. No more week 0 game. Letcher and Whitley exit the schedule and the Pikeville game will be moved one week different than it is now. Ashland will remain on the schedule but the week will change. District will be the same with the addition of Lawrence County. This would still leave one game to pick up and I have not heard who that team will be.

thanks for your infor Buc, when you find out the last let us know..
so,P-burg,,PCC,SC,LC,ER,Pikeville,Ashland,Pike county bowl makes 8,so we need to more unless JC is still on there,and whop is the PCB team?
bucslover68 Wrote:Prestonsburg will still be on the schedule and moved down in the schedule. No more week 0 game. Letcher and Whitley exit the schedule and the Pikeville game will be moved one week different than it is now. Ashland will remain on the schedule but the week will change. District will be the same with the addition of Lawrence County. This would still leave one game to pick up and I have not heard who that team will be.

Thanks for this info. Do you have any idea what week the Pburg-Belfry game will be moved to? I haven't seen anything at all about the Pburg schedule, except I know that Lawrence County is being added, and I knew that the week 0 game was being eliminated.
Based on what bucslover68 posted, and looking at the new scheduling grid, I came up with a predicted schedule based on some assumptions.

Pike Co Bowl will be week 1. I heard Harrison Co has already committed, not sure of the other opponent. Belfry will play one, Pikeville the other and switch in 2012.

Weeks 2, 3, 4 - Should be Presonsburg, Ashland and one more team to be determined. Could go in any order.

Using the mandatory scheduling grid from KHSAA, plug in the teams as follows: A-Belfry, B-Pike Central, C-East Ridge, D-Sheldon Clark, E-Lawrence Co. (same as 2010, but adding LC as team E)

Assuming Johnson Central is still on the schedule.

2011 BHS Schedule Should look something like this...

.(?) Aug 12 Scrimmage
.(0) Aug 19 Scrimmage
.(1) Aug 26 Pike Co Bowl (Harrison Co?)
.(2) Sep 02 Prestonsburg
.(3) Sep 09 Ashland
.(4) Sep 16 TBD
.(5) Sep 23 Lawrence Co
.(6) Sep 30 Pike County Central
.(7) Oct 07 Pikeville
.(8) Oct 14 East Ridge
.(9) Oct 21 Sheldon Clark
(10) Oct 28 Johnson Central
Harrison and ER and Pikeville and PCC should be 4 sure wins the rest are toss up
i hope JC stays on there and have another tough team..
cuppett777 Wrote:i hope JC stays on there and have another tough team..
If JC stays, then I would be OK with whatever they decide to do with the unfilled position. There are plenty of good tests on that schedule already and they don't need another world beater.

They could use a bit of a breather after Pburg and Ashland. If they scheduled a local team, even if the game is less competitive, it might give them a week to heal up and be in better shape for the Lawrence and PCC games.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:If JC stays, then I would be OK with whatever they decide to do with the unfilled position. There are plenty of good tests on that schedule already and they don't need another world beater.

They could use a bit of a breather after Pburg and Ashland. If they scheduled a local team, even if the game is less competitive, it might give them a week to heal up and be in better shape for the Lawrence and PCC games.

Bring Shelby Valley back maybe?

Competitive team that you won't have to worry every year about pulling your starters before the Half ends...short drive... Belfry tie-in as head coach, and it allows the money to stay inside of Pike County.

Maximizes the gate, assures your starters still get 3 Quarters of work in if not more, and minimzes cost.

I know some people always wondered why we kept SV on the schedule, but when you already have a large number of tests in place I feel it certainly has its merits.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bring Shelby Valley back maybe?

Competitive team that you won't have to worry every year about pulling your starters before the Half ends...short drive... Belfry tie-in as head coach, and it allows the money to stay inside of Pike County.

Maximizes the gate, assures your starters still get 3 Quarters of work in if not more, and minimzes cost.

I know some people always wondered why we kept SV on the schedule, but when you already have a large number of tests in place I feel it certainly has its merits.

that probally makes the most sense
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bring Shelby Valley back maybe?

I thought about SV as I typed that. I doubt the Belfry tie-in will be behind the wheel at SV much longer though.

I also was thinking Hazard might fit the bill. A little bit more of a trip, but it would be a very competitive game most years. Hazard would not be a breather though, it would be tough out, but the gate would be huge IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3