Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 - Aug. 23
Don Carlo Wrote:Yes they was but it was by 14 points. JC cut it to seven with under 5 minutes to play. It was a close game so don't come on here and comment on the game when you wasn't even there.

one i didnt do anyhting but drop them one more then they already were, they lost albeit closely, but losing closely is still losing, jc may be the second best team in there region behind highlands, maybe not who knows its week one
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think this poll is more based on wins and losses, rather than who's flat out better than who.

You hit the nail on the head, thats exactly how it has always been.:Thumbs:
cuppett777 Wrote:how can u say that when u beat paintsville by 60 and they may not win a game all year..

I'm gonna take up for a Lawrence County fan. Yes they beat us 67-13, but I can tell ya right now, LC is better than they were last year. The fact is, there isn't a team in A, AA, maybe even AAA that could beat LC.

1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Lawrence County
4. Pulaski County
5. Letcher Central
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Harlan County
8. Somerset
9. Prestonsburg
10. Knox Central
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:I'm gonna take up for a Lawrence County fan. Yes they beat us 67-13, but I can tell ya right now, LC is better than they were last year. The fact is, there isn't a team in A, AA, maybe even AAA that could beat LC.

1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Lawrence County
4. Pulaski County
5. Letcher Central
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Harlan County
8. Somerset
9. Prestonsburg
10. Knox Central

If you are saying that not an A, AA, AAA team could beat them then what about the 4A teams? If they are better than last year then they could beat them all except for Bell right?
Redneck Wrote:I'm gonna take up for a Lawrence County fan. Yes they beat us 67-13, but I can tell ya right now, LC is better than they were last year. The fact is, there isn't a team in A, AA, maybe even AAA that could beat LC.

1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Lawrence County
4. Pulaski County
5. Letcher Central
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Harlan County
8. Somerset
9. Prestonsburg
10. Knox Central

Dont go to far
Amped 88 Wrote:If you are saying that not an A, AA, AAA team could beat them then what about the 4A teams? If they are better than last year then they could beat them all except for Bell right?

I said MAYBE even AAA. They are better than last year IMO, but they didn't beat Bell, and Bell didn't even win the state championship. So that leaves Boyle County, who lost some good players but they are still darn good, they beat JC at JC, then ya got Lone Oak. All I'm sayin is LC is for real. Alot of people thought last year was a fluke and said the only reason they went undefeated was because they had a weak schedule. They will more than likely go undefeated again, and you can bet they will see Bell again in the Region Finals, this time in Louisa infront of their home crowd.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think this poll is more based on wins and losses, rather than who's flat out better than who.

I agree. I've seen Pulaski and Johnson Central in back to back weeks. I'm puzzled as to how Pulaski is rated higher? Even though Pulaski was a scrimmage, I could tell which of the teams was the better team.
Pulaski has always gotten a lot of preseason love from the Mountain Top 10, last year was the only year they've managed to back it up though. This season, time will tell I guess. They should have a tough one tomorrow night.
Football1 Wrote:Lawrence County is better than

5. Letcher Central
6. Prestonsburg
7. Belfry
8. Harlan County
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Knox Central (beat us last year and both have 1 win to date so I have to see them here at this point)

How they are not on this list is a great mystery to me.

When Lawrence County proves they're top ten worthy, then they will be there.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Pulaski County
3. Somerset
4. Johnson Central
5. Letcher Central
6. Prestonsburg
7. Belfry
8. Harlan County
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Knox Central

No way is Pulaski County # 2. I don't agree with this at all.
having been out of the state for awhile, 18 years, but still try to keep up with things there. in my opinion none of the mountain teams can touch Bell, JC would be the closest. the others are "pick 'em" being a lawrence county alum i would like to put them up high on the list but lets be real. cupcake schedule. i know the reasons and thats fine. im glad to see them get wins but who truely knows how good they are until the playoffs when they play top teams. alot of peaple are saying JC's loss was a close one to a good team,they should be on top. well down here in the south a loss is a loss. lower them and let them climb back up with wins. isnt JC a AAAAA school and boyle AAAA? in my opinion a top AAAAA should beat a top AAAA.
southbound Wrote:having been out of the state for awhile, 18 years, but still try to keep up with things there. in my opinion none of the mountain teams can touch Bell, JC would be the closest. the others are "pick 'em" being a lawrence county alum i would like to put them up high on the list but lets be real. cupcake schedule. i know the reasons and thats fine. im glad to see them get wins but who truely knows how good they are until the playoffs when they play top teams. alot of peaple are saying JC's loss was a close one to a good team,they should be on top. well down here in the south a loss is a loss. lower them and let them climb back up with wins. isnt JC a AAAAA school and boyle AAAA? in my opinion a top AAAAA should beat a top AAAA.

Thats not always the case. Highlands is a 5a school (playing 5a but really are probally a 3 or 4 a school) and have been the best team in the state quite a few times in all classes.
Redneck Wrote:I said MAYBE even AAA. They are better than last year IMO, but they didn't beat Bell, and Bell didn't even win the state championship. So that leaves Boyle County, who lost some good players but they are still darn good, they beat JC at JC, then ya got Lone Oak. All I'm sayin is LC is for real. Alot of people thought last year was a fluke and said the only reason they went undefeated was because they had a weak schedule. They will more than likely go undefeated again, and you can bet they will see Bell again in the Region Finals, this time in Louisa infront of their home crowd.

The only solution or reasonable understanding to settle this is to let LC prove it over time by winning games and not leaving any doubt to anyone or the voters where they truly belong. Time will tell, that's all it can do.
I think Prestonsburg should be a bit higher, at least #4 or 5. Belfry getting more love than they deserve. They should be ranked lower down the list.
Football1 Wrote:Lawrence County is better than

5. Letcher Central
6. Prestonsburg
7. Belfry
8. Harlan County
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Knox Central (beat us last year and both have 1 win to date so I have to see them here at this point)

How they are not on this list is a great mystery to me.

How do you figure that? Have you seen all these teams play? You beat PAINTSVILLE for crying out loud. You (a 4 A school) beat a bad single A school. I'd play and beat a good team before I spouted off saying I was better then anybody.
point taken. just last night my local team ranked #12 in 5A beat #6 in 6A 28-7.
Overall, pretty good beginning! I'd say it's a pretty good start... certainly Bell toward the top... and the others are quality teams.. by the end alot of change may or may not take place... but the so called "bubble" teams will be in if they deserve it and the "other" teams that everyone thinks shouldn't be there will be out... in the end it's the games that put you in or take you out... lets all look at it again in about 4 to 5 weeks !
Ahh it's the mountain top 10..no matter who is in it and where they are everyone still isn't going to be happy. Rankings mean nothing and shouldn't even be worried about, anyone can beat anyone on any given friday night!
Say goodbye to Letcher Central. Until they make improvements, they will not be back this season.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Say goodbye to Letcher Central. Until they make improvements, they will not be back this season.

LCC is a good team. I just think ALOT are under estimating Middlesboro this year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:LCC is a good team. I just think ALOT are under estimating Middlesboro this year.

You may be right but with the games LCC has coming up they better poop or get off the pot as it is only going to get rougher.
Would like to see middlesboro back in the top ten. its been awhile. Probably if they can pull out a win on the road next wk after beating the #5 team tonight will do it. Good luck bell county also. I dont look for you to give the top spot up anytime soon
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Say goodbye to Letcher Central. Until they make improvements, they will not be back this season.

:Thumbs:
I didn't think they were #5 anyway.