Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Football 2005
Scammy....... you watch Morando every practice and dont seem to miss a catch he makes...........

But the panthers look very talented this year and this is my breakdown of the starters for 05

Offense
QB- Chase Huffman
RB- Weston Robinson (Jacob Sword and Tim Honaker)
FB- Ryan Shurtleff or Ted Honaker
TE- ???
WR- Matt Sexton and Tim Champlin
OL- Ryan Maynard, Will Lockhart, Casey Rowe, Tyler Carter, Brad Bryant, and some others I might not remember all of em

Defense
DL- Ryan Maynard, Will Lockhart, Casey Rowe, Brad Bryant
LB- Ryan Shurtleff, Honakers, Tyler Carter, John Michael Mayo (most of you think of him as a safety but word is he might be moved to linebacker to deal those runningbacks some of those hard hits the recievers got)
CB- Weston Robinson and Matt Sexton (Jacob Sword)
FS- Tim Champlin (and who knows maybe Jacob Sword)
Great post Youknowwho but dont you think Jerry Holloway will be in the FB slot with the power and speed he has.......he just has to make the grades from what I hear
Actually, Your right Jerry Holloway could make a good FB. I cant predict who will be the starter at that position but whoever it is it will be a very skilled player. Pikeville is very deep in the running back and full back positions. Its looking good for the Panthers.
Most definitely it is, they will have the same dangerous running attack from last year but with the depth they have I'm sure it will make up for the loss of Robert Shurtleff
Scammy Wrote:I've watched Morando at practices and games and he makes some pretty wierd catches

I'm sure you have whatched mirando in practices...in fact...i think you have the most closest up-front view of mirando in practices...lol.....
Morando MIGHT, and I mean MIGHT, be good some day, if he ever gets some muscle and grows a few inches.
The factor you all are missing here is his SPEED......he runs an easy 4.5-4.7 and yes he needs to hit the wheights and hopefully a grownth spurt
Speed is nothing when you cant stiff-arm somebody, or push-off a defender.
Good point...
pikeville can juke insanely too
T-Blankenship78 Wrote:pikeville can juke insanely too

The team or the town? :lol:
LMAO......lol
Morando wont have any sort of major until he is a senior. He has some skills but needs alot of work in many areas. But he has some potential.
True True
You know who would be a great football player....tate blankenship....lol
True. he would dominate the field with his power. lol
Ohh You Know......
hes the next jarome betus
jerome bettis

I believe is the correct spelling
youknowwhoibe Wrote:jerome bettis

No...I don't think so...because Jerome Bettis is good....lol Big Grin
Beef Wrote:
youknowwhoibe Wrote:jerome bettis

No...I don't think so...because Jerome Bettis is good....lol Big Grin

He isnt looking so good against the Pats.
What a game...It sucked
So.........are there any upcoming freshmen that could make a significant impact for Pikeville?

The Honakers stepped up big in '04 as freshmen.
You know they really did....
Im looking for a decent season out of lineman Trey Branham. the kids got size and pretty much dominated the Jr. High level but hopefully he can step up
yeah, i've lifted with him a few time, he has alot of lower body strengh
I have no clue who this guy is....What year is he???
I'm guessing a freshman...
who will their coach be
I dont know who you have been talking to Hurley but as far as im concerned...mac would not leave Pikeville a really Strong Class A team for a Double A dump like Pike Central....he's here for now