Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Football 2005
I think it will be a great year for the panthers, dispite a coach change

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:28 am:

They have many returning players and a few sophmores that have alot of speed. I look for good things in 05'
Pikeville will always be one of the best teams in 1A, I just dont see them having a team as good as they had last year, they just lose too much size and talent in gibson, shurtleff, and sullivan...... That was one heck of a 1A football team last year
They have alot to live up to this coming year and hopefully they can make it back to the promise land where they belong. IMO they will be just as good as they were last year because despite what they have leaving.....they are returning just as many skill players
I agree with Live Maroon, IMO pikeville will step up as always
Is there anybody returning that can match up with the speed and sizes of Sullivan, Gibson and Shurtleff?? They were some big and fast young men.
I think they will be better than they were last year.....a more experienced QB....the honaker twins.....the return of robinson.....if pikeville finds some talented redievers then i llok for them to be in the state finals.
YES, we have some younger player ready to step up such as: Ryan Shurtleff, Brad Brynt, Tyler Carter, and some other players. Of course we also have Robinson returnings. I'm looking for a great year from him.
OHOHOHOHOHOHOH Dont even get me started on the honaker twins.....those boys display some of the greatest football talent i have ever seen. not big in size but they play with the heart and thats all that matters like John Mayo they can hit you and make you like it
Sounds like a good pre-season hype in pikeville again. I wish they played Prestonsburg again this year, we have had some good games in the past 2 years. Has pikeville decided their 4 non-district opponents yet?
I am understood that they will indeed play NCC in the pike county bowl and I've heard some stories about them bringing Grundy VA
over
i believe they are NCC, Corbin, Belfry, and one more that I cant think of right now

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:40 pm:

who do you all think will be the starting offense and defense for the panthers this year?
Offense:
RB: Weston Robinson
WR:Matt Sexton FB: Jerry Holloway WR:Chip Davis
TE:Tim Honaker/Champlain QB: Chase Huffman
T:Casey Rowe G:Brad Bryant C:Tyler Carter G:Will Lockhart T:Ryan M.
Defense:
DE:Ryan Maynard DT:Casey Rowe DT:Brad Bryant DE:Will Lockhart
LB: Jerry Holloway LB:The Honakers LB: Tyler Carter LB: Ryan Shurtleff
CB: Weston Robinson CB Sexton/Sword

FS: John Michael Mayo

Thats my views at this time
Shurtleff (Ryan) FB
Robinson TB
Huffman QB
Carter C
Lockhart line
Maynard line
Rowe line
Champlin WR
Sexton WR
TE???
line???
youve got to have more than two wide receivers

whose gonna step up for pikeville?
That is a good question...
If hollaway and davis perform in the class room they will step up. who do you guy think will be the jv offense and defense next year
I think that Sam Morando will step up and make an excellent WR
haha marando, and priode will break the 1 yard mark lol. Me, a linemen, had moreyards than that kid this year
Pikeville will be about the same as they were this year. They should be favored to win the region, but they had better get a whole lot better if they want to compete with Beechwood and NCC. NKY proved how much better they were last year in the state semi-finals. The major question marks for Pikeville next will once again be the offensive line, and they might have some problems at LB. The Panthers lost 4 good experienced linebackers to graduation, that will be tough to overcome, especially early in the season.
any other coments on jv
Not really sure on who will be playing JV yet, because it'll be those who don't play varsity. And since we don't know who all is going to be playing varsity, it makes it hard for the JV
Scammy....Morando.....morando is quick and talented.......I just think he has too big of a head...He is always goin around talkin about himself.....lol......but seriously......mirando is good......i seriously think with a little hard work he could be one of the best WR pikeville has this year...
Blankenship You need to learn your facts..no one really cares about pikeville JV right now they are more worried with the Varsity...i mean ive seen in you posts that you say you go to pikeville yet you couldnt even produce the starting offense and defense man get with the program and heres another tip its bad courtesy to let people know that u still go there let alon diss on players like sam morando who are as i have seen on the field better than you......

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:46 pm:

and yes i belive that Sam Morando could make a very Excellent WR Due to his lightining like speed and agilty mixed with an array of circus catches
I've watched Morando at practices and games and he makes some pretty wierd catches
And dont worry about the line Farva buddy.....im sure with the size they have they will fair just fine
Who cares about JV......On the varsity level I say they are Region 4 champs but they still can't compete with Beechwood and NCC.
we will have to wait for the rematch
The rematch may come but like it has been said A LOT has to be done before Pikeville will compete with them....I think that this past years team was one of the best since 1999 but yet they got blown out of the water.....
i agree it was a lopsided game....but not because pikville is no good...they were playing like crap and you know it beef....hopefully they can bust it in the offseason and make beechawood think twice next season..........but were gonna have to wait

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:54 am:

T-Blankenship78 Wrote:haha marando, and priode will break the 1 yard mark lol. Me, a linemen, had moreyards than that kid this year
And I'm sure you heard that in gym class right?....hahahahha.....the fact of the matter is sam morando is good and has potential if he puts his mind to it. im not sure who this priedoe kid is though?........ive seen morando play...hes quick.....but tell me who this priode is....and please dont rail on anymore players. because you know you're no better
True, and well worded,