•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 60 Shelby Valley 57
PATS2011 Wrote:Well you've got to rank people according to current standings, I say Valley SHOULD still be number 1, but they won't. They'll move them down and KCC or PCC will be the 1, but I think they will give it to Knott since they are the current no. 2.

But rankings don't matter. All that matters is tourney time.
Glad to see others are seeing what happens at Perry besides us. lol (Can't wait to see what crap I get over that statement) And to the person who said you just have to overwhelm all of them, you are correct! :Thumbs:

Why is it that every time someone loses to Perry they got cheated?
This can only help both teams! I thought Valley would win.The game was close at Valley last year.Good luck to both/
king360 Wrote:Why is it that every time someone loses to Perry they got cheated?

not cheated, just controversial. AT pcc anyway.

But it must have been a heck of a game. PCC had to fight hard I'm sure.
Great game Perry Central. Congradulations. From the time Perry Central was behind 13-2 early in first quarter,Perry owned the game from middle of first quarter through middle of third quarter and held on the rest of the night.It was tied at 40-40 early in 4th quarter.
..But huge night for so many Perry players.Martin had about 16 I think.Mullins had 10.Cornett did well inside.Noble hit 3s.Amis hit a three.They made free throws to preserve the win.Great game.Pery Central was 26th in Lexington Herald this week.No doubt they'll be in Top 25 Monday.
Knott Central will still be in the mix in the region. The controversial call asked about was a foul on Shelby Valley when they came the length of floor with 4 seconds left having to score 2 to tie or 3 to win. Shelby Valley was past midcourt on baseline with 2 seconds left.They didn't have any kind of a shot and it is doubtful they would have won but the referee called foul on Shelby Valley and Perry added a point on a free throw to win 60-57. Shelby Valley fans didn't think it was a foul.
Great win, Perry started the game out nervous and SV took advantage.
After that, Perry was in control the whole game. SV took the lead in the 4th but Perry took it back very quickly.
Perry definitely is the 2nd best team in the mountians without a doubt.
Yes Perry/Knott spilt, but Knott also lost to Valley and Perry beat them. Thats the tie breaker.
Noble played great defense on Justice and PCC handled Valleys press with ease.
Congrats Perrys seniors on great careers and Perry and what a way to play your last game at John C Combs Arena with a win against Valley!
I dont remember a foul with 2 seconds left, i do remember a walk that led to Dillon making some free throws. But anyway, great game Dores and Cats.
Knott Co Central, PCC and SV are all very close. Each team could beat the other two on any given night. SV, in my opinion, would win more often than not against the other two but they would not dominate within the group. This isn't the end of the season for Shelby Valley. Hopefully, they learn from this and move on. It is tough to win on the road, especially against a talented Perry Co Central team.
Catsfan1, get real bro. If your not going to post with any sense then don't post at all.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I dont remember a foul with 2 seconds left, i do remember a walk that led to Dillon making some free throws. But anyway, great game Dores and Cats.

Nobody said a foul was called. The announcers on the radio said from what they saw, Elisha was fouled.
EKY Wrote:PCC asserts themselves as the TOP team in Eastern Kentucky. Congrats PCC!

I'm not ready to say that just yet, SV has been more consistant and deserves to stay #1. However, Perry is a definitely #2. IMO Perry is a top 20 team in the state.
The King Wrote:Not really a surprise here. I'm actually more surprised that PCC didn't win by more the was SV shot from three. Good battle by SV. Tough game coming up tomorrow for the Cats...

I think the announcer said they were 2 for 14 on 3 pt attempts, you can't beat the Sisters of Mercy shooting like that. Congratulations PCC.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Nobody said a foul was called. The announcers on the radio said from what they saw, Elisha was fouled.

SV announcers? Whether it was or not the game shouldn't have been that close. Perry couldn't make foul shots to close Valley out or otherwise they win by around doube digits.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Not so sure that can be said. Like said, announcers were saying at the end of the game that one of Valley's players were thrown to the floor and that Elisha was fouled more than once. A 3-point win on your own hostile floor doesn't cement you as the #1 team in EKY. SV has been that team for over a year, a 3-point loss on the road doesn't take that away.

And plus, like others said, PCC just lost to Knott last week, who Valley has already beaten, on the road. Your logic doesn't work out. Valley and PCC are at the most a tie for #1, but Valley is still my #1.

I will say this. Valley has to be ranked number one in the mountians to end the season. I'm a PCC fan, but they've been the most consistant team all year and have gotton huge wins. Perry is not far behind at number 2 and Knott at 3.
Perry better not get the big head and better be looking on to the horn.
bulldog149 Wrote:Knott Central will still be in the mix in the region. The controversial call asked about was a foul on Shelby Valley when they came the length of floor with 4 seconds left having to score 2 to tie or 3 to win. Shelby Valley was past midcourt on baseline with 2 seconds left.They didn't have any kind of a shot and it is doubtful they would have won but the referee called foul on Shelby Valley and Perry added a point on a free throw to win 60-57. Shelby Valley fans didn't think it was a foul.

PC_You_Know Wrote:Nobody said a foul was called. The announcers on the radio said from what they saw, Elisha was fouled.

they didnt call a foul they called a walk and on the inbound, Corey threw it to Dillon and Dillon got fouled.
PC_You_Know Wrote:It definitely does! But that still doesn't get the mountains any seeing Valley lose to another mountain team. Would look really good for PCC if Valley knocks of J-town tomorrow.

:thumpsup:
catfan1 Wrote:Knott Central has to be in there somewhere. You cant put Perry ahead of Knott just off of this win. Knott beat them head to head one week ago so it would be a 3 way tie if you want to look at it that way!

Perry/Knott spilt and Knott lost to Valley and Perry didn't. Perry deserves number 2 in the mnts.
Gosh Hatfield is TOUGH!!
Aslan Wrote:Catsfan1, get real bro. If your not going to post with any sense then don't post at all.

??? What did you not understand p*ssy cat?
Aslan Wrote:I'm not ready to say that just yet, SV has been more consistant and deserves to stay #1. However, Perry is a definitely #2. IMO Perry is a top 20 team in the state.

LOL someones ego just blasted off to Mars. Houston, we have Aslan.
catfan1 Wrote:??? What did you not understand p*ssy cat?

You should be banned for this.
PATS2011 Wrote:LOL someones ego just blasted off to Mars. Houston, we have Aslan.

I lol'd, just then, more than when someone said Hatcher would eat the ball.
5timechamp Wrote:This was a game that SV was likely to lose and then you add in the J-Town game and it even became more of a trap game.

There is some truth to this being a trap game for SV. I think the game had more meaning for PCC than SV, with PCC seeing this as a statement game, and it being senior night.

However, SV is a team full of experienced seniors and "trap games" shouldn't be an issue. I don't think there is a big difference between these two teams, but this isn't a good loss for SV...
PATS2011 Wrote:LOL someones ego just blasted off to Mars. Houston, we have Aslan.

Perry and Knott are both top 20 teams in the state imo.
The King Wrote:There is some truth to this being a trap game for SV. I think the game had more meaning for PCC than SV, with PCC seeing this as a statement game, and it being senior night.

However, SV is a team full of experienced seniors and "trap games" shouldn't be an issue. I don't think there is a big difference between these two teams, but this isn't a good loss for SV...

No loss is a good loss..But it isn't a bad loss either.
Aslan Wrote:Perry/Knott spilt and Knott lost to Valley and Perry didn't. Perry deserves number 2 in the mnts.

Yup, behind Knott who will more than likely be the no. 1.

SV will probably drop, whenever you lose that's what happens. No way PCC moves from no. 4 to no. 1 with one game, no matter who it is against. Shelby Valley or Knott will be your No. 1 with PCC next, whether it be 2 or 3.

I'm just stating my honest opinion trying to be as unbiased as possible.
About the call at the end. SV through the ball into Justice, the buzzard went off for some reason, however they didn't stop play, and Justice quickly got the ball up the floor and took a three and traveled before his missed. I didn't see a foul and you don't call that foul at the end of the game.
PATS2011 Wrote:Yup, behind Knott who will more than likely be the no. 1.

SV will probably drop, whenever you lose that's what happens. No way PCC moves from no. 4 to no. 1 with one game, no matter who it is against. Shelby Valley or Knott will be your No. 1 with PCC next, whether it be 2 or 3.

Don't bring your knott negativity to this thread and cause it to get closed like you do all the others.
PATS2011 Wrote:Yup, behind Knott who will more than likely be the no. 1.

Your right but ranking systems are flawed. It should be 1. Valley 2. PCC 3. KCC. Perry/Knott spilt, just Knott beat them later and moved ahead of them in the rankings and Perry beat Valley and Knott didn't.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next