•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 60 - Knott County Central 57
leecoukfan Wrote:It's crazy but if you think about it Tanner Tackett's 60 foot 3/4 court BOMB was the difference in this game!

wow..

That shot was sick lol..
trufan Wrote:Cody Varney is one of my all time favorite Valley players to watch, he plays with such intensity:rockon:

he does, he has stepd up big time from last season
loubballfan Wrote:Awful big statement to make after SV barely beats a team that was destroyed in the KOB by the 5-6th best team in the 7th region.

Shelby will probably drop in the Literatings after this close one to KCC.

I wish we could get a chance to see how SV matches up with the best in the state but the time will come at Rupp and they will get the chance to show what thery're made of!

Congrats to SV!

I think they played one of the best teams in the state tonight.
High Sheriff Wrote:I was disappointed with some of wymt's coverage. I thought Jim Frasure showed a definite bias for Knott, and I am definitely not a big Shelby Valley fan.

I think two major contributions to that is because they were the underdog in the game and were down the whole game. And this Tournament was originally only played at KCC high school! But, you would be right in the sense that announcers aren't supposed to show a bias.
NYY10 Wrote:wow..

That shot was sick lol..

You said it!! It was INSANE!
trufan Wrote:I think they played one of the best teams in the state tonight.
:thatsfunn Who has SV or Knott played to be considered one of the best in the State?
trufan Wrote:I think they played one of the best teams in the state tonight.

Seneca 103 KCC 51 Sorry, but it really happened!
The game was this and the game was that. You can say what u want. But I know kcc has classless fans but I thought sv fans and their players had more class than what they showed. Boys on the bench let the pep section talk and ignore it don't talk back. Fans were maybe a lol shcoked another team from eky can play with them. And that fluke half court shot is the difference tho idc. And I saw alot of pcc fans pulling sv over there hooping and hollering for the cats cuz they can't stand their dores not getting out of the first rd. Kcc surpasses all in 14th now. Sv made a joke of this tournament through their first two games and first quarter of knott. Perry nor hazard couldve played sv as close as knott did
Creeker Wrote::thatsfunn Who has SV or Knott played to be considered one of the best in the State?

Well Shelby Valley is Ranked #1 in the state under the Litkenhaus Rankings! So in a way you can say that Knott Central played the best team in the state!
First of all this has been a great Mt Classic, and one of greatest championship games Ive seen. Congrats Valley they prove to be the best team in the Mts and Justice shows hes the best player in EKY and brings up his stock on being Mr Basketball. As I seen earlier this should hush all the KCC haters up as they about knock off one of the best teams in the state. KCC is deff the best in the 14th.

Once again Congrats to Valley and Cox on the all time scoring record.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well Shelby Valley is Ranked #1 in the state under the Litkenhaus Rankings! So in a way you can say that Knott Central played the best team in the state!

Thats kind of how I look at it too. Come March when their are 16 teams left and Shelby Valley and Knott county are in the sweet sixteen and Seneca isn't that's all that matters anyway.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well Shelby Valley is Ranked #1 in the state under the Litkenhaus Rankings! So in a way you can say that Knott Central played the best team in the state!
Seriously... look at the SV schedule for this season... do you really think they should be #1 in the State? They haven't even played a single team outside the mountains from the State beside Paul Laurence (1-10)... Just saying...
Creeker Wrote:Seriously... look at the SV schedule for this season... do you really think they should be #1 in the State? They haven't even played a single team outside the mountains from the State beside Paul Laurence (1-10)... Just saying...

No real Valley fan thinks we are #1 in the state, just some stupid poll, no need to trash us.
trufan Wrote:Thats kind of how I look at it too. Come March when their are 16 teams left and Shelby Valley and Knott county are in the sweet sixteen and Seneca isn't that's all that matters anyway.

Exactly! You can stress that KCC got beat by Seneca but like you said it all matters about who is there in the end!
PC_You_Know Wrote:No real Valley fan thinks we are #1 in the state, just some stupid poll, no need to trash us.
I wasn't trashing... just wish people would stop with that No. 1 in the State garbage... Play some teams down state that are good... play some Louisville teams, then come on here and talk trash about how SV is no. 1 in the state.
Creeker Wrote:I wasn't trashing... just wish people would stop with that No. 1 in the State garbage... Play some teams down state that are good... play some Louisville teams, then come on here and talk trash about how SV is no. 1 in the state. It's no wonder the Louisville guy gets tore up about it.

Once again, no real Valley fan thinks that way, people just bring it up, and it's mostly not Valley fans who bring it up.
Creeker Wrote:I wasn't trashing... just wish people would stop with that No. 1 in the State garbage... Play some teams down state that are good... play some Louisville teams, then come on here and talk trash about how SV is no. 1 in the state. It's no wonder the Louisville guy gets tore up about it.

You're right, you guys are the ones all tore up, we Valley fans are happy to be ranked #1. Someone has to be, I am just glad it's us:biggrin:
Congrats to SV on the big win. Foul trouble caused SV to pull out of the full court pressure defense and Knott took advantage and made it a very interesting 2nd half.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Once again, no real Valley fan thinks that way, people just bring it up, and it's mostly not Valley fans who bring it up.
Gotcha
trufan Wrote:You're right, you guys are the ones all tore up, we Valley fans are happy to be ranked #1. Someone has to be, I am just glad it's us:biggrin:
Not me... I'm from EKY. Everyone else in the state knows it's a joke...
PC_You_Know Wrote:Once again, no real Valley fan thinks that way, people just bring it up, and it's mostly not Valley fans who bring it up.

When the Lit poll came out most Sv fans came on the board and stated they thought SV was to high. The WYMT people are saying it a lot to pump there tourney.
5timechamp Wrote:When the Lit poll came out most Sv fans came on the board and stated they thought SV was to high. The WYMT people are saying it a lot to pump there tourney.
Yep... heard it at least a couple of times in tonights game.
So how many times does this make Knott being in the finals and not winning,7 or 8? All of those times this tourney is at home and they can't seem to get the monkey off their back and win a championship. And with all that they lose this year, don't look like they will have another shot for a long time. Wish they could of come through for their seniors, but thanks to JBS, Tate Cox is still going to be the all time leading scorer in this tourney, congrats Tate.
This is pretty much a 23pt win because anyone coming into hindman is a 20 pt underdog
mountain hoops guru Wrote:So how many times does this make Knott being in the finals and not winning,7 or 8? All of those times this tourney is at home and they can't seem to get the monkey off their back and win a championship. And with all that they lose this year, don't look like they will have another shot for a long time. Wish they could of come through for their seniors, but thanks to JBS, Tate Cox is still going to be the all time leading scorer in this tourney, congrats Tate.
Seems like it said 5-6 during the course of the game, but I am not sure.
congrats sv...... knott great game - the first quarter......
congrats to sv
Congrats to SV on their championship!

Way to fight Knott, correct me if I am wrong but this could very well be the biggest comeback in a WYMT championship game. SO proud of the way KCC fought in the 2nd. If they hadn't played terrible that first quarter they more than likely would have won this ball game. Like everyone said, this should shut up all the Knott haters. I think they proved tonight they are the best the 14th has to offer. What an exciting game to watch. Congrats again SV.

Oh and btw SV I truly apologize for some of the childish actions of some of our student fans, I try and keep them in check every now and then but they shouldn't have been talking trash to SV fans in the stands. Everything else was typical pep club, lol. Fans try and get into peoples heads, that just part of the atmosphere. I don't think by ANY means KCC fans are the most unclassiest in the region, I have seen a LOT worst.

Once again, congrats SV on your 2010 championship!
imo justice would be better served to go to a smaller school.
This makes the 6th Loss in a WYMT Championship game for KCC
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next