Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 31 Magoffin Co. 28
Ok...so, once again....what did you hear that was so offensive and inappropriate? Since I can't seem to pick up on your sarcasm.
Heard we may have one of the old players back out tomorrow. Anybody else hear anything?:Thumbs:
OK here you go. Parents crying about who is the quarterback, why don't they give my baby the ball, every time something bad happens the certain fans were yelling "Cheaters" which i heard more than once which is pretty stupid. I just hate hearing it all the time it never fails :HitWall: . And i was at the game and I did hear these things more than once so sorry if you had your ear plugs in.
"The fans and parents are really starting to act like pure babys. It embarrissing "

That's what you posted....was it embarrissing or embarrassing? lol Anyway, I went to the game to support our team and see a good ballgame which is exactly what I did. I didn't see a need for ear plugs, but you may want to do that next time so you're not so distracted and "embarrissed".
amen to that
the tigers had a good game and thats it . its a dang shame that we have ppl grippin about there kids not gettin the football.
BlueStripes Wrote:OK here you go. Parents crying about who is the quarterback, why don't they give my baby the ball, every time something bad happens the certain fans were yelling "Cheaters" which i heard more than once which is pretty stupid. I just hate hearing it all the time it never fails :HitWall: . And i was at the game and I did hear these things more than once so sorry if you had your ear plugs in.
I thought the Daniels kid did an excellent job for the first time out...He done a great job to be a freshman. All our boys were a "team" and done really well...I was very proud of them. There are always going to be parents and players upset because their kid or they didn't get the ball, the ball goes to where the play is and if it's not a certain child, then so be it. I'm sure "you" don't like to be cheated...and it was blatantly obvious, the Tigers were cheated many times, but our boys overcame that. I'm a parent of one of the boys, and yes I yelled when the calls were wrong...like it or not that's cheating when you know it's wrong and the refs knew it was wrong. I know its hard to be bias, but being a ref, you have to separate your feelings and make the right calls. If you didn't see the cheating, then you need glasses like the refs did!!!!
The thing that I don't like, is that when calls do not go Paintsville's way, the parents gripe and call it "cheating". The game at Magoffin had 1 referee from Johnson County, another from Pike County, and I'm not sure where the others were from but I doubt they cared at all as to who won the game. Now, if you understand the rules of the game clearly, and know something about the game your watching, then its okay in my book to complain. Most of the time, those people will not call unfavorable refereeing "cheating". I'd love to see some of those who complain go out there and see if they could do any better. I sat with one parent and we talked throughout the game about how the PHS players were commiting some penalties, and some were called, some were not. The same thing went towards the Magoffin County team. The refs cannot be perfect. We also talked about the parents being obnoxious at times. Especially over things that were obviously penalties. For example:
A kid from Paintsville comes up to hit the Magoffin County RB, and charges at him straight up. He makes contact high, and grabs the facemask (as he did numerous times throughout the night, and a few were called) it was obvious that he did it, intentional or not it doesn't matter. Just because it was a parent's baby boy or good friends son the parents feel the need to yell at the refs, and make them selves look like fools. I just wish that people would know a little something about what they're complaining about before they go and do it. I've always heard "It's one thing to be ignorant about something. It's another thing to let people know about it."
Once again, Congrats on the win Tigers. And best of luck against South Floyd next week.
Pupaw Wrote:The thing that I don't like, is that when calls do not go Paintsville's way, the parents gripe and call it "cheating". The game at Magoffin had 1 referee from Johnson County, another from Pike County, and I'm not sure where the others were from but I doubt they cared at all as to who won the game. Now, if you understand the rules of the game clearly, and know something about the game your watching, then its okay in my book to complain. Most of the time, those people will not call unfavorable refereeing "cheating". I'd love to see some of those who complain go out there and see if they could do any better. I sat with one parent and we talked throughout the game about how the PHS players were commiting some penalties, and some were called, some were not. The same thing went towards the Magoffin County team. The refs cannot be perfect. We also talked about the parents being obnoxious at times. Especially over things that were obviously penalties. For example:
A kid from Paintsville comes up to hit the Magoffin County RB, and charges at him straight up. He makes contact high, and grabs the facemask (as he did numerous times throughout the night, and a few were called) it was obvious that he did it, intentional or not it doesn't matter. Just because it was a parent's baby boy or good friends son the parents feel the need to yell at the refs, and make them selves look like fools. I just wish that people would know a little something about what they're complaining about before they go and do it. I've always heard "It's one thing to be ignorant about something. It's another thing to let people know about it."
Once again, Congrats on the win Tigers. And best of luck against South Floyd next week.

Well our fan base is so perfect Pupaw we never are wrong lol.
I agree with you! I'm sure there are things we as fans and parents don't see. I seen penalties on Friday's game on Paintsville that wasn't called, but I also saw calls that were made that didn't exist against Painstville. I'm sure the refs can't see it all, but they can see it when it's right there in their face. You can call it unfavorable refereeing or cheating, either one, its not fair to either side. I think the Paintsville fans conducting themselves with a lot of support for their team, I don't think I would call them fools. I'm sure I don't know everything about football, but I do know some things. Our boys worked hard for that win! Congrats to the Tigers! For the record, no amount of money, would I be a referee, that would be a hard job, in my opinion, no matter what county you are from, it would be hard to be biased. And to Bluestripes, I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be...I am a parent and a fan of the Tigers. Good Luck to the Tigers on Friday night...I'll be there, yelling for our boys!!!!!
Hopefully there will be lots of us there cheering them on Friday night! Oh...and we did get one of the boys back. Spriggs was back at practice today. Excited about that!
Well, I don't know much about football, I will admit that up front. So, saying that, be nice. I did think the game was not called fairly. But I too saw things that were penalties against us not called as well, my son included, he is not an experienced player, but he does love the game. Besides, kids will be kids, if you see things not being called you think you can get away with stuff as well.

But, I was proud of my child and the entire team. Thrilled to death they got their first win!!!!!

Everyone want their kid to win. Everyone wants their kid to be the star. It is nothing personal, just a parent thing. And, most parents think their child is the best, I know I do!!!!!lol

I did think our new QB did great. So much pressure for a freshman and he held up, good for him. Way to go TIGERS!!!!!!
proudmomma Wrote:I agree with you! I'm sure there are things we as fans and parents don't see. I seen penalties on Friday's game on Paintsville that wasn't called, but I also saw calls that were made that didn't exist against Painstville. I'm sure the refs can't see it all, but they can see it when it's right there in their face. You can call it unfavorable refereeing or cheating, either one, its not fair to either side. I think the Paintsville fans conducting themselves with a lot of support for their team, I don't think I would call them fools. I'm sure I don't know everything about football, but I do know some things. Our boys worked hard for that win! Congrats to the Tigers! For the record, no amount of money, would I be a referee, that would be a hard job, in my opinion, no matter what county you are from, it would be hard to be biased. And to Bluestripes, I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be...I am a parent and a fan of the Tigers. Good Luck to the Tigers on Friday night...I'll be there, yelling for our boys!!!!!
Were you the mother I saw stand up and yell, "You can't come to Magoffin without getting cheated"? You do realize one of the refs has family that goes to Paintsville, right? I don't know about where you were sitting, but the fans near me acted very ugly.
OK....I have heard about this thread several times. So now FWIW, I will put my 2 cents in...
For a long time durung this game, I kept my mouth off the ref's simply because IMO they might be just a bad "crew", But after several "phantom calls", and watching flags dropped long after bug plays...I actually thought that Nobody could be this bad without it being on purpose! I did call out the ref's a lot more than once. But mostly it is to let them know that they are doing a terrible job. Call someone a cheater and they think..."Am I really so bad that people think I am cheating"? Well....yes they will. It bothers me little uf anyone gets annoyed with what I might yell during a sporting event...As I am a "FAN" in it's truest sense. I am "FANATICAL" about my TIGERS!
Matt Daniel's did a very good job and I thought he grew up quite a bit in this game. His spirals were tight and when he missed his receivers it was high....could have been adrenaline. I will take his effort though. Now just improve every game.
The Guru Wrote:Matt Daniel's did a very good job and I thought he grew up quite a bit in this game. His spirals were tight and when he missed his receivers it was high....could have been adrenaline. I will take his effort though. Now just improve every game.
Matt Daniels will do just fine.
TheRealVille Wrote:Were you the mother I saw stand up and yell, "You can't come to Magoffin without getting cheated"? You do realize one of the refs has family that goes to Paintsville, right? I don't know about where you were sitting, but the fans near me acted very ugly.
No, I am not the mother that stood up and said that! To be honest, I have never been to Magoffin County for a football game. I'm the mother that said, I want one of those pretty striped shirts so I can be a ref. I was being sarcastic, because I would never do that job. I never referred to the refs cheating at the game, I did on here. Some of the calls were bad, whether they did it intentional or not, the game was called badly. It's not fair to either side when the win is not actually "WON" by the team that did the best. I don't think any team should have special treatment because of a home advantage.
This thread is to funny.